Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria (5928 Views)

Nairaland Inter School Debate: Auchi Polytechnic: Winner 7 / Nairaland Interschool School Debate::OAU Vs ABU ZARIA::WINNER: ABU ZARIA / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

You cannot claim a statement to be a general fallacy with providing fact to back it up. In your own words yourself you said

If you claim those words to be fallacy then i can claim that your write up are based on fallacy since the statement is made by you?
what i was reffering to as fallacy is the belive that 'military government are known for consistency'
dont misquote me please.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

You cannot claim a statement to be a general fallacy without providing fact to back it up. In your own words yourself you said

i already did in my expalanation.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by AbuMikey(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
cool
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
did you say things were adequately okay
what happened to the first three refineries in oil producing Nigeria?

YES!!! Things were adequately okay. There was enough food to eat, our pipe borne water were working, there is constant power supply during those military era, how then did we get to where we are right now? No pipe borne water, Electricity is non existent.

Who set-up those refineries?

Why after over 14yrs, No civilian government has been able to set up any refineries for us?
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
what i was reffering to as fallacy is the belive that 'military government are known for consistency'
dont misquote me please.

Then you will agree with me that consistency is also missing in civilian rule since another government is coming in with different agenda for the economy? Thus it renders your argument null and void about consistency.

Which leader would you prefer between Jonathan (Civilian) and Gaddafi (Maximum dictatorship)?
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by AbuMikey(m): 2:16pm On Dec 13, 2013

Contestants, posting of questions and counter arguments to stop in 15 minutes. smiley

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
...mhyke hasn't answered my last question but I want him to remember that ASUU was formed in the military era, and I charge you to give an example where Lecturers were murdered on protest in the military regime.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
@sepantia,the issue of 'terrorists' is to totally out of the question.the government has involved the military and the situation is yet to be curbed.meaning that there is no guarantee that a military govrtnment would handle the situation wt a click of the finger
Osama terrorized americs for years
does that mean the civilian security in the state is nothing to write home about?
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke, you haven't answered the following questions:

1. After over 14yrs, why hasn't the civilian government set up new refineries or rather upgrade the ones we have before (which was set up by the military).

2. Given their recorded achievement, which administration would you prefer, Jonathan (Civilian) or Gaddafi (Maximum dictatorship).

I await your answers.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapientia1: ...mhyke hasn't answered my last question but I want him to remember that ASUU was formed in the military era, and I charge you to give an example where Lecturers were murdered on protest in the military regime.
i will after you confirm that none of the protest in the military regime ends up brutal
where do you get the nerve to protest ss u like in the military regime
any opposition against the government is mostly considered as a coup,with a penalty of jail or death
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
i will after you confirm that none of the protest in the military regime ends up brutal
any opposition against the government is mostly considered as a coup,with a penalty of jail or death

And yet Jonathan had to ordered Soldiers to Ojota to stop anyone from protesting anymore about the subsidy crisis? What's the difference with that of the military you are trying so hard to crucify? How many times has the Police disrupted peaceful protest against the presidency while they claim they are protecting law and order?
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride: Mhyke, you haven't answered the following questions:

1. After over 14yrs, why hasn't the civilian government set up new refineries or rather upgrade the ones we have before (which was set up by the military).

2. Given their recorded achievement, which administration would you prefer, Jonathan (Civilian) or Gaddafi (Maximum dictatorship).

I await your answers.
For the first question,we shouldnt shift the aftermath of a military regime to the civilian. we should judge them by their actions not by that of past governments.
Secondly,if a military government were to come into power, how can we guarantee that it would be lead by 'Gadafi'?.NOT all military rulers would behave like him.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke: @sepantia,the issue of 'terrorists' is to totally out of the question.the government has involved the military and the situation is yet to be curbed.meaning that there is no guarantee that a military govrtnment would handle the situation wt a click of the finger
Osama terrorized americs for years
does that mean the civilian security in the state is nothing to write home about?

yeah, the security to life and property is nothing to write home about in Nigeria, when you have a government spending billions year in year out without a lasting solution, you'll agree with me that such government is so full of incompetency
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by AbuMikey(m): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2013

Judges, get ready, in a few minutes, You would get the opportunity to ask Debaters questions.

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

And yet Jonathan had to ordered Soldiers to Ojota to stop anyone from protesting anymore about the subsidy crisis? What's the difference with that of the military you are trying so hard to crucify? How many times has the Police disrupted peaceful protest against the presidency while they claim they are protecting law and order?
They were ordered to stop them to keep the orderliness.Nd the increase is just for a period of time.We should crucify the government before that time expires.nd besides,there are prices to pay for development...
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
For the first question,we shouldnt shift the aftermath of a military regime to the civilian. we should judge them by their actions not by that of past governments.
Secondly,if a military government were to come into power, how can we guarantee that it would be lead by 'Gadafi'?.NOT all military rulers would behave like him.

I asked you a straight-forward question, which administration would you prefer given their recorded achievement.

a. Jonathan (Civilian)
b. Gaddafi (Maximum dictatorship)

A simple A or B will suffice.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

They were ordered to stop them to keep the orderliness.Nd the increase is just for a period of time.We shouldnt crucify the government before that time expires.nNd besides,there are prices to pay for development.which would seem too outrageous to many
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
They were ordered to stop them to keep the orderliness.Nd the increase is just for a period of time.We should crucify the government before that time expires.nd besides,there are prices to pay for development...

Then we can also argue for the military that they are ordered to keep the orderliness, right? This also render your argument about violence null and void. Since the military are also preserving law and order
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

I asked you a straight-forward question, which administration would you prefer given their recorded achievement.

a. Jonathan (Civilian)
b. Gaddafi (Maximum dictatorship)

A simple A or B will suffice.
im not a machine,you can't expect me to give you a specific answer as a result of the buttons you pressed,i have the right to my opinion.And that question should be presented rhetorically
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by AbuMikey(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2013

Okay, Time is up! smiley

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:

The bolded. I'm not holding the civilian regime accountable for what happened during the military era but i'm asking you why THE CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO SET UP OR UPGRADE ANY OF OUR REFINERIES?
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
yeah, protests happens and it'l always happen, it turns bloody and the same applies to civilian government. The fact is we've not gotten it right in this civilian government. ASUU has been on strike for six months and has been going on strike for close to four years in a decade. All these NEVER happened in the military era
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by AbuMikey(m): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2013

Judges, over to You, you can now ask the debaters all the questions you've got for them all smiley

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

Then we can also argue for the military that they are ordered to keep the orderliness, right? This also render your argument about violence null and void. Since the military are also preserving law and order
Hey!the soldiers stopping the protest cant be reffered to as being violent as long as no extreme measures were involved.
Dd people protest wen babangida increased the price?
if yes,
what was the outcome??
dd d protest achieve it's aim??
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapientia1: yeah, protests happens and it'l always happen, it turns bloody and the same applies to civilian government. The fact is we've not gotten it right in this civilian government. ASUU has been on strike for six months and has been going on strike for close to four years in a decade. All these NEVER happened in the military era
it all turns out bloody?
we all know military government is more infamous for protests dat ends up bloody
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
Resxul hasn't answered my question
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
it all turns out bloody?
we all know military government is more infamous for protests dat ends up bloody
oh! So you mean lecturers were owed salaries for months and they kept mute during the military era? You'll have to make a research my friend
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
I'm waiting for RESXUL to answer my question.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

The bolded. I'm not holding the civilian regime accountable for what happened during the military era but i'm asking you why THE CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO SET UP OR UPGRADE ANY OF OUR REFINERIES?
alryt,nothing has been done to change that yet bt does it mean we need the military to come back nd clean up their mess?
nd remember it's easier to destroy dan repair
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapientia1: oh! So you mean lecturers were owed salaries for months and they kept mute during the military era? You'll have to make a research my friend
no i didnt.i was refering to all protests in general
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by AbuMikey(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2013

No more questioning from Debater.., wait a little bit for Judges to ask you their questions for now smiley

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapientia1: I'm waiting for RESXUL to answer my question.
which 1??il take my time to answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why South East Is Doomed / Six pictures that Differentiate Between Successful And Unsuccessful People / FG To Intensify Efforts On Periodic Review Of University Curriculum – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.