Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? - Computers (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? (112414 Views)

Does It Really Matter If You Pull A USB Out Before It Safely Ejects? / Hotspot Shield - Will It Really Conceal Your Ip / Starcomms Modem Exchange Program.does It Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2010
webgenius:

Hi all, I just got my new modem ZTE iZAP@Flexi EVDO REV A by swapping my old AnyData AUD-E100 for the new modem. The claimed max download is 3.1 Mbps and it has a MicroSD Card slot. I had to pay N4250 and for a service plan of N7000, total of N11,250. I got this at the H/Q at Bishop Kale, VI.
Hopefully, I will enjoy using it for one month while I take a break from Zoomblast. I will then have saved N3,750 for this month and have a new modem.

Those pricks wasted my time tellin' me they had run out of stock time and time again.I got annoyed and used the money for somethin' else. angry
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2010
@aieromon: Well, I was treated in similar fashion also initially. I then promptly called someone I know upstairs and while discussing with him, I was quickly offered the modem with an offer of immediate activation by the staff on the counter there. I cannot understand why the modems will not be available at H/Q but they claim they are available at other outlets.I smelt a rat, as I believe they simply find a way of acquiring these modems and probably reselling at a profit.
Their attitude also seemed to have been swayed, in part, by my truthful claim that I am going to be using the modem for my office.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:57am On Jun 06, 2010
webgenius:

@aieromon: Well, I was treated in similar fashion also initially. I then promptly called someone I know upstairs and while discussing with him, I was quickly offered the modem with an offer of immediate activation by the staff on the counter there. I cannot understand why the modems will not be available at H/Q but they claim they are available at other outlets.I smelt a rat, as I believe they simply find a way of acquiring these modems and probably reselling at a profit.
Their attitude also seemed to have been swayed, in part, by my truthful claim that I am going to be using the modem for my office.

GOod luck, screen shot plss,
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by baslone: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
aieromon:

Those pricks wasted my time tellin' me they had run out of stock time and time again.I got annoyed and used the money for somethin' else. angry

They'll never tell you this! At the Bode Thomas office, they'll
only give it out Mondays and mostly to people that get to their
office before 11. Any other person"ll be told they ran outta stock
and should come back following Monday!

webgenius:

Even at Multilinks, sometimes, those cats would tell you they aint
got modems, only to refer you to one of them padi "wey want sell"!

You see those young hustlers that roam around the streets in front
of these telecoms offices can get you anything. They usually work hand
in hand with these workers.

It's naija-Everybody's just trying to get theirs!!
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
baslone:

They'll never tell you this!

Guess am lyin' then angry angry
Look here,i work on Saka Tinubu and i took time to go to their office for two weeks.All they did was direct me to their other branches.As a matter of fact,i helped three of my guys exchange their modems from the Palms and Falomo Shopping Complex branches.It wasn't a big deal in these branches - you walked in and swapped your data card for a new one in minutes.

I wonder how you will use the experience you encountered in one branch to cover up for the inefficiency of the other.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by baslone: 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
Don't get me wrong, I never said you were lying. (What I meant
was that they'll never tell you they swap on Mondays).
Secondly,
from my post I was being specific about their Bode Thomas office. I never said
same goes on at the other branches.

After my own experience of always returning to their office, a
lady boss came to the counter in my presence and instructed them
to close up on swapping modems till the upcoming Monday.

Though I succeeded in swapping mine, that day was my third
Monday at their office.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2010
Well,lemme tell you why i was pissed off with HQ.Imagine them telling you to come the next day by 9am only for you to get there and hear them say "We just sold the last modem now now now now,come tomorrow or visit our other branches."

I did a swap in the Palms branch on a Sunday.The lady i met there told me that those HQ guys were hell-bent on not selling their stock as a swap.

Anyways,i've used the money for something else so it's a mega loss for them.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by edgecution(m): 12:35am On Jun 08, 2010
Those guys in starcomms are rubbish. I was there for over 3 weeks .its always come on weds.and when u get there on weds .its like we have only 250hrs package. I got there last week only for the girls to tell me its remaining just 2 and they directed me to another lady for my izap.ol boy wetin i see ? I can count over 5 Big boxes filled with izap. In fact the lady had to use blade to open the one of them and removed the one she gave me. Still baffles me why they have to hoard it? undecided By the way, the izap is rubbish ,too slow. my evdo was way better.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ Edgecution: I agree with you. I am not enjoying this new modem, I don't know if it is the modem or the network generally.It was very poor earlier today, I considered raising N15g for my Zoomblast but backed out. I just wish I can finish my 30 days and rush back to Zoomblast forever.
A customer care lady said I should uninstall i-boost and things became really really bad. I could not connect at all.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Tolulop001(f): 12:55am On Jun 09, 2010
edgecution:

Those guys in starcomms are rubbish. I was there for over 3 weeks .its always come on weds.and when u get there on weds .its like we have only 250hrs package. I got there last week only for the girls to tell me its remaining just 2 and they directed me to another lady for my izap.ol boy wetin i see ? I can count over 5 Big boxes filled with izap. In fact the lady had to use blade to open the one of them and removed the one she gave me. Still baffles me why they have to hoard it? undecided By the way, the izap is rubbish ,too slow. my evdo was way better.

so did u have to buy it outright or u still got the half price deal? i was gonna go there on next week to pick up one of the epivalley modems, had actually been there about 2 months ago, they claimed to be out of stock so i freed them undecided
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:04am On Jun 09, 2010
Stracomms ZTE AC 1710 modem for Sale
Its izap@Trendy
Reason for selling
Am in love with ZOOMblast,

Price:12k

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 8:31am On Jun 09, 2010
Hmm
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
Victor, you don come again oooooooo. Why you no sell the modem before I go do upgrade, maybe I for dey interested. You fit drop the price for me?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by blossom4u: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
hello, forumite,

though starcom claim that their izap is the best, as far as am concern, there is no best internet connections. all the networks are just trying.

thanks and God bless u
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2010
true, it depends on your location and the time of the day. Izap services have improved over the years
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 12:47am On Jun 11, 2010
webgenius:

Victor, you don come again oooooooo. Why you no sell the modem before I go do upgrade, maybe I for dey interested. You fit drop the price for me?
Nope, 12k, or u fit add to am, cool
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 12:54am On Jun 11, 2010
Dont ask any Question, lipsrsealed

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by puskin: 2:13am On Jun 11, 2010
These Starcomms people just dey sell modems anyhow without any expansion plans. . . . . .now the speed is becoming crappy with each coming day.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by ATBenja: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
I think its faster than MTN's, ZAIN's and MULTILINK's stuff.That is what we use at our internet school and it's okay.You will enjoy using it although it might not be as as they claim.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by baslone: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
Everybody gat a story to tell, I'v been moving around on
starcomm's product for about 6 years now but this IZAP
thing is crap!!
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by siapaya(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2010
am buying this moto Q9c package worth of N39,999, with Izap Purple EVDO 3 month subscription plan in it 24/7 Unlimited hrs. Bought it yesterday June 11th 2010.

But in the place I stay, its 1x coverage only. Today I come back to the starcomms office and ask for refund and they cant do that. So I think I cut a little price for anyone might interest on this device, then I can do the 50% trade in promo for old modem ( im using my old epivalley EVDO modem, and planned to exchange it with new one for 50% off ).

If anyone interested to buy it from me , please drop ur email and price bid at siapaya@gmail.com
Its super fresh just opened from the box, still have those peel of plastic all around the case and screen, and even all the plastic wrapper for battery, cable data, and phone are still there, opened. Unwrapped CD Driver, Manual Book, Headset, charger. Bundled with 3 month 24/7 subscription IZAP EVDO ( Up to 2.4MBPS download). With purchase receipt, of course.

Official Promotion Bundle information :
http://www.starcomms.com/business/izap_price_offers.aspx

Also on attachment, the summary of the promo.

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by geswith: 1:35am On Jun 14, 2010
my people starcomms izap is not fast all.i use it in kaduna and its a total disappointment.very slow speed. undecided tongue
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by puskin: 2:10am On Jun 14, 2010
@££VICTOR££

So U want me to bliv that it is with starcomms ur getting those speeds with. . . . .that one na FAT LIE!!!!!

EVen if U like combine all the download accelerators . . . . U cant get that speed with starcomms. chikena!!!!
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:57am On Jun 14, 2010
puskin:

@££VICTOR££

So U want me to bliv that it is with starcomms your getting those speeds with. . . . .that one na FAT LIE!!!!!

EVen if U like combine all the download accelerators . . . . U cant get that speed with starcomms. chikena!!!!

Starcomms For WHERE

Not Starcomms,
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by nazzyon(m): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2010
££VICTOR££:

Nope, 12k, or u fit add to am, cool

9k & I'll be @ your door.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by cbase: 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
££VICTOR££:

Starcomms For WHERE

Not Starcomms,

so if its not starcomms what did you use for those speeds and please wher do yu stay in lagos, i ask cos i would like to know if surulere is included in the izap regions
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 1:08am On Jun 15, 2010
nazzyon:

9k & I'll be @ your door.
U still try but add more  wink
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 1:10am On Jun 15, 2010
cbase:

so if its not starcomms what did you use for those speeds and please wher do yu stay in lagos, i ask cos i would like to know if surulere is included in the izap regions
ZOOMBlast,

I dont stay in lagos anymore, Now stay in OG state, Ajegunle, u dig?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by sujeetcool: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm new to lagos, i just purchased ZTE IZAP@FLEXI EVDO ROTATABLE USB STICK from Starcomms 4m Ikeja, I am using Windows 7, The problem is i am not getting download speed more than 50 KBps sometimes even 15KBps, I tried using DAP and IDM for different downloads but instead of using Multiple Mirror connections they just download from a single connection and the downloads also dont get resumed, Also i heard that Starcomm bans your Modem if you use TORRENT for downloading, I have used the same kind of USB before and it has given me speed upto 300 KBps,

Please help, cry

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2010
sujeetcool:

Hi Guys,

I'm new to lagos, i just purchased ZTE IZAP@FLEXI EVDO ROTATABLE USB STICK from Starcomms 4m Ikeja, I am using Windows 7, The problem is i am not getting download speed more than 50 KBps sometimes even 15KBps, I tried using DAP and IDM for different downloads but instead of using Multiple Mirror connections they just download from a single connection and the downloads also dont get resumed, Also i heard that Starcomm bans your Modem if you use TORRENT for downloading, I have used the same kind of USB before and it has given me speed upto 300 KBps,

Please help, cry

The Only Help i can offer you is to come to ZOOM family,
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by puskin: 12:47am On Jun 18, 2010
@££VICTOR££

mMm?? ok . . . .na ZOOM efbeetee be dat. . . . . else not interested
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 3:16am On Jun 18, 2010
puskin:

@££VICTOR££

mMm?? ok . . . .na ZOOM efbeetee be dat. . . . . else not interested
U too like awo,

Na 15k i dey pay per month cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (86) (Reply)

Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots / How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software / modify12Am 16/07/10 free Us Proxy And Other,first Come First Serve.go Get Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.