Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan (34866 Views)

Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Waspy(m): 8:07am On Dec 11, 2013
Is the letter real?..... When tha fuq is that slow nigga gonna be impeached angry

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 11, 2013
The response from NNPC is highly professional, just the opposite of what Sanusi wrote.

Can the President be allowed to even concentrate ? How can Sanusi not understand the workings of the Government parastatals after 4yrs, I can only assume he was judgmental while proceeding with his investigations hence the display of ignorance.

I keep emphasizing that intelligence should be channeled to innovations, not ignorant criticisms. I remember someone saying that Polymer is the best thing in the world of currency, then rescind later after billions have been wasted. Someone also so said, economy will crumble without 5000 notes, almost making me believe him, now we haven't crumbled without the 5000 notes, the last thing I want is another mallam confusing us. Now another mallam is preaching "Body Language".

I take a bow

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by omenka(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2013
I guess it is this money they plan to buy the refineries with. Nigerians open to see how your future is being basterdized right in front of you!!!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Gamji007: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Billyonaire: The response from NNPC is highly professional, just the opposite of what Sanusi wrote.

Can the President be allowed to even concentrate ? How can Sanusi not understand the workings of the Government parastatals after 4yrs, I can only assume he was judgmental while proceeding with his investigations hence the display of ignorance.

I keep emphasizing that intelligence should be channeled to innovations, not ignorant criticisms. I remember someone saying that Polymer is the best thing in the world of currency, then rescind later after billions have been wasted. Someone also so said, economy will crumble without 5000 notes, almost making me believe him, now we haven't crumbled without the 5000 notes, the last thing I want is another mallam confusing us. Now another mallam is preaching "Body Language".

I take a bow
This guy is gradually beginning to sound like Musiwa.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by funnyx(m): 8:42am On Dec 11, 2013
Gamji007: javascript:void(0);
This guy is gradually beginning to sound like Musiwa.

Na today undecided I have never take that imaginary billionaire serious for one day, if you have been taking him serious then you could as well follow musiwa too grin grin a wretched soul whose livelihood depend on making posts on NL calling himself a billionaire grin grin
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by gondie: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2013
take a bow my brother.......leave all these cretins to keep looking for a non missing oil money that was drilled in their village.
Billyonaire: The response from NNPC is highly professional, just the opposite of what Sanusi wrote.

I take a bow
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by taharqa: 9:31am On Dec 11, 2013
Did you IJIOTS read d Response of d NNPC or am I missing smtin here??
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by trillville(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2013
“For the avoidance of doubt, it needs to be stated that the figure of 594.024 million barrels of crude oil given by the CBN as the total crude oil lifting for the period
of January 2012 to July 2013 does not represent the correct picture of crude oil lifting for the period. From our records, the correct figure is 618.55m barrels. This
shows that the CBN understated the actual crude lifting by 4.13%,” Dr. Ibrahim stated. “He explained that revenues from crude oil liftings are in various categories, namely Equity Crude; Petroleum Profit Tax, Royalty, Third Party Financing and the
Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC. Revenues from each of these categories are statutorily collected by different agencies of the government. The
NNPC collects only one of the aforementioned categories, namely Equity Crude. Petroleum Profit Tax is collected by the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS,
Royalty goes to the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Third Party financing goes for Research, Development, Program and Satellite fields Development,
while NPDC goes to NPDC for upstream development. “While NNPC pays proceeds from Equity crude directly to the Federation Account with the CBN, the FIRS and DPR pay PPT and Royalty respectively into the
Federation Account with the CBN. The sum total of these proceeds make up the alleged unremitted revenues, Dr. Ibrahim stated. “The 24% of total crude oil revenue receipts which the CBN governor is reported to have acknowledged that NNPC remitted represents the proceeds from the
equity lifting which NNPC is directly responsible for. The alleged unremitted 76% was paid to the agencies that are statutorily empowered to receive them for
onward remittance into the Federation Account”, Dr. Ibrahim explaine" If your so-called Governor of CBN does not understand the above excerpts of rebuttal from NNPC personal, Dr. Ibrahim and the nuances involved in remittance of
proceeds from NNPC and crude oil companies, he, Sanudi Lamido Sanusi does not deserve to be governor of CBN.

I am quite confused by the bolded statement. Is the head of media admitting that NNPC does not remit crude sales for it's production but then simply reinvests it for upstream reinvestment.
Is this not the main source of graft that sanusi memo is complaining about?
so how much crude did NPDC produce from Jan 2012 tp June 2013?
How much money have they supposedly reinvested back into exploration?
Why can't they pay the full money gotten from production into the federation account and then request for money for exploration?
What is really going on? So many questions and yet no answers

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Alikaxon(m): 10:10am On Dec 11, 2013
Check out this nice thread, what's ur opinion? @ www.nairaland.com/1549503/why-girls-dont-like-dating
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by GentleFrank(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2013
Politicians self !
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Sunny_bobo: This is what happens when you have a man with Masters in Islamic studies heading the Central Bank.

I don't know what an intelligent conscientious and nationalist person like sanusi doing in a government headed by a clueless and corrupt president. No matter what effort SLS puts these evil people will never think of the people first.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by arewaqueen: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Sunny_bobo: This is what happens when you have a man with Masters in Islamic studies heading the Central Bank.

So because he's an economist you should limit the search of knowledge within that field. So what has he's masters got to do with managing the bank. If he only qualification in islamic studies then it would have been a problem but he's a seasoned economist. Please don't let bigotry lead your judgement of people
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Cynthyworld(f): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2013
Jst passinby

Ngwakwe: We will get to the root of the matter as more information and detailed explanations of claims and counter claims surface.

It is either Sanusi Lamido wants to claim I too know where his ignorance started or NNPC is trying to convince Nigerians that there was communication gap between CBN and NNPC..

We are yet to hear how NOI, DAM and Jonathan connived to swindle the 76% of $65 Billion belonging to all of us or was it an attempt to lynch our top most enemies and shout corruption, corruption where it never existed.

We will be waiting for more information to enable us (the citizens) to add one and two in order to see if we will get three.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by edo3(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2013
E gbami ke!!! Almost #9trillion...baba God wea art thou??when is d messiah gonna come 2 liberate us?? O toju su mio

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by awodman: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
I just wanna understand something..

Please have we gotten to the point that the person who makes an allegation is definitely right no matter how cogent and convincing the rebuttals are?
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by abokinside: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2013
If only Nigerians know the magnitude of the plundering going on under Gej, the man is a full representation of the thieving ruling class, he doesn't represent christians, Ijaws or southerners, all hw represrnts are his comrades in the looting of the people's patrimony.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by kenlash1(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2013
ballabriggs: Sanusi has been Governor of CBN for over 4 years now and it is not the first time he has seen inflows into the federation account. If something unusual has happened, he can always tell.

For him to have written such a letter to Jona, then the situation must have gone really bad.

Nigerians pray hard for your country.
you are pondering what I'm pondering, sanusi isn't new in d system, all dis explanation by nnpc holds no water. So are they trying to say sanusi doesn't Knw wat to expect into d state coffers , some pockets are getting bigger.

Last bullet: it wll be swept under d carpet cos madam froggy eyes is involved

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by arewaqueen: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2013
Kai ana sata kasarnan! With evidences springing up everyday of corruption we still have people screaming GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by kenlash1(m): 10:30am On Dec 11, 2013

I take a bow
ur statements alone doesn't even convince u, aw many yrs has SLS spent as CBN president? So u mean he doesn't Knw wat to expect as returns from crude sales?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Pennywise(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2013

And this is all you have to say when some people get together to screw up your life and the future of your unborn children?
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by greaterlove(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2013
“He explained that revenues from crude oil liftings are in various categories, namely Equity Crude; Petroleum Profit Tax, Royalty, Third Party Financing and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC. Revenues from each of these categories are statutorily collected by different agencies of the government. The NNPC collects only one of the aforementioned categories, namely Equity Crude. Petroleum Profit Tax is collected by the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, Royalty goes to the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Third Party financing goes for Research, Development, Program and Satellite fields Development, while NPDC goes to NPDC for upstream development.

“While NNPC pays proceeds from Equity crude directly to the Federation Account with the CBN, the FIRS and DPR pay PPT and Royalty respectively into the Federation Account with the CBN. The sum total of these proceeds make up the alleged unremitted revenues, Dr. Ibrahim stated.

“The 24% of total crude oil revenue receipts which the CBN governor is reported to have acknowledged that NNPC remitted represents the proceeds from the equity lifting which NNPC is directly responsible for. The alleged unremitted 76% was paid to the agencies that are statutorily empowered to receive them for onward remittance into the Federation Account”, Dr. Ibrahim explained.]
wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 11, 2013
awodman: I just wanna understand something..

Please have we gotten to the point that the person who makes an allegation is definitely right no matter how cogent and convincing the rebuttals are?

What you fail to understand is that Nigerians have arrived at the point where they no longer find acts of obfuscation, platitudes, and diversionary tactics admissible in the court of public opinion. Personally, I'd sooner align myself with Sanusi than the NNPC, which is the epitome of corruption.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. cheesy

A report in 2011 by Transparency International and Revenue Watch found NNPC to have the poorest transparency record out of 44 national and international energy companies it evaluated.
- Reuters

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by funshint(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2013
So the next thing is to chase after the whistle blower while abandoning the validity of the allegations??!! We are really in deep shiit!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by awodman: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2013
kenlash1: ur statements alone doesn't even convince u, aw many yrs has SLS spent as CBN president? So u mean he doesn't Knw wat to expect as returns from crude sales?
CBN doesn't get its data on crude sales figure from NNPC but from foreign press..remember on this rebuttal by NNPC,they stated that Sanusi understated the total crude oil lifting by 4.13%... According to them 618.55m barrels was lifted against Sanusi's quoted 594.024 million barrels..So you can see clearly that there is a communication gap between both organizations
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 11, 2013
You see, i have said this before, our Leaders are corrupt, from the top to the bottom, highly and dangerously corrupt

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by 0000000: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013
DerideGull:

And what would be the proper procedure? For your own guidance please refer to the CBN 2007 act. The CB Governor reports directly to the President! Not the Finace Minister.I cannot therefore link your example of " a mere treasurer. ..." to the issue at hand.

You are known for unguarded sentimental outburst and occasionally spewing crap. I remembered the craps you vomited during Stella Oduah's debate on this forum only to found out a dullard such as you does not even comprehend the connotation of the word- corruption.

I really wonder why a mere treasurer will take up a matter of financial discrepancies with the chairman without notifying the financial secretary. Nigeria is really a jungle. I expect the House committee on finance to invite Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, NNPC director and Minister of Finance for a hearing.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by TBrownAuto(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013

Nice swag dont insult him at all i like his style
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by TBrownAuto(m): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2013
dont worry next they will set up a commitee nonesense where is efcc now loooool good luck looting the country money

where is our money
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by peacelife(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2013

This comment is wat we have when retards are allowed on intellectual section

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by RisenSun(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013

And you with Phd in Aeronautical Engineering has achieved...........? Grow up!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Joythah(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2013
awodman: I just wanna understand something..

first it was Oshiomhole firing NNPC, then Amaechi now Sanusi... These people are not dullards so should be taken seriously. What has been done since the letter was written? Why did it take over 2 months to respond. These are questions the lay men like me ask and need answers Asap. Lets subject NNPC to a transparent audit by foreign auditors and see the outcome. That's the only solution to this mess.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2013
re@lchange:
sanusi is flying a kite
only he knows the real motive behind his letter
because he can't convince us that he just woke up to see this
where was he all these four years?
his term ends next year

Sanusi wrote a letter to GEJ about non-remittance of funds in 2012...and you're asking where he was 4 years ago? Is 2012 not just last year? Was he supposed to blow the whistle for a 2012 issue in 2010?

Lord, why is nairaland overrun with these dolts?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: Imo Government Shuts Banks, Customers Stranded / Abia Women Beg Ikpeazu To Stay As Governor / Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.