Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54263 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by desgiezd(m): 9:42am On Dec 11, 2013
omenka: And it keeps getting messier!!! I have said it time and again, jonathan is on a mission to balcanize nigeria. Never in our history as a nation hve our faultlines been this accentuated. Nigeria as we speak, is standing on the precipice and just a little more shove could send us plunging into the abyss!

Jonathan as a matter of urgency oughts to take a step back and reconsider the actions he seeks to take in the coming days. He would still take the glory if things work out right for all of us.

Three days ago, it was a letter from the CBN Governor in respect of NNPC's diversion of state funds, two days ago, it was Tambuwal sounding a serious warning to the President about corruption and today, it is OBJ's letter voicing his concerns. It is getting terribly messier by the day and the master himself seems undeterred. As Omenka said in the above quote, could this man really be on a mission to balkanize this nation? I am concerned as a true citizen of Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ is just saying what everybody in Nigeria knows...except the body of troll from SS & SE that goes on the Internet to insult people that accuses the GEJ admin.

They are here already with insults and ad hominem attacks on the ex-President.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by omiobo: 9:46am On Dec 11, 2013
TribalEAST: GEJ IS CORRUPT
GBAM!!!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by kettykin: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2013
shollaire: I can feel OBJ's pain. Being one of the founding member of PDP and now watching helplessly as a neophyte destroy what he's laboured for being tear apart is really pathetic!
There is a saying however that when u r called blesseth among blessed, it means u r special. but wen u r called corrupt among the corrupted, it mean ur case has gone beyond irredeption.
A point of correction, OBJ was never a founding member of PDP, pdp was already a party when obj was pushed by Abdulsalami and Babangida to come and contest the election.
Obasanjo was the worst rigger of elections, during his tenure Anenih was the minister of works with nothing to show for N300b allocation.
Nitel was allowed to be crippled by Atiku, Elrufai and pentascope and N100b looted while Obasanjo and Efcc looked else where, he was the sole minister for petroleum and the refineries never worked for a day.
OBJ should start with his daughter who stole N10m fund meant for the health sector and his daughter in law he awards contracts to for rounds of sex.
Shameless old bigot who prances around as a hero of the civil war but could not save himself from Abachs and Al mustapha' boot.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by AndroBlaze: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2013
May this be the beginning of the end for this pathetic regime......and the people shout AMEN

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by igbeke: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2013
after all these, wat is d way forward?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2013
kettykin:
A point of correction, OBJ was never a founding member of PDP, pdp was already a party when obj was pushed by Abdulsalami and Babangida to come and contest the election.
Obasanjo was the worst rigger of elections, during his tenure Anenih was the minister of works with nothing to show for N300b allocation.
Nitel was allowed to be crippled by Atiku, Elrufai and pentascope and N100b looted while Obasanjo and Efcc looked else where, he was the sole minister for petroleum and the refineries never worked for a day.
OBJ should start with his daughter who stole N10m fund meant for the health sector and his daughter in law he awards contracts to for rounds of sex.
Shameless old bigot who prances around as a hero of the civil war but could not save himself from Abachs and Al mustapha' boot.

I can see through your anger and frustrations.

Is OBJ saying anything different from what is already in the public domain?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by kettykin: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan should wake up from sleep and dig up the haliburton and Siemens sleazy deals let us see who is really corrupt and who has stolen the country's money. Also Jonathan should write to foreign countries to freeze any money or account originating from nigeria with sums above N1b until it is clarified the owners of the account has never held a public office and are not related to former or present office holders

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by taharqa: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Is there any doubts now that d Old Thieving Power Elites who hv been pushed out of Power by GEJ are desperately trying to get back to Power by all means?? And is then any doubts that Nigeria is closer to war than it had ever been since 1970; and that it is this war that wud finali divide us??

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ochukoccna: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2013
PointB: Obj supervised the worst elections in Nigeria history, under the notorious 'do and die' politics.
The same elections that brought in the corrupt doofus you are defending
You lapdogs keep pointing to OBJ's looting and that of his associates yet you willing excuse the haemorrhage that is happening under Jonathan's watch embarassed embarassed
Pathetic!

16 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OgologoDimkpa: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2013
taharqa: Is there any doubts now that d Old Thieving Power Elites who hv been pushed out of Power by GEJ are desperately trying to get back to Power by all means?? And is then any doubts that Nigeria is closer to war than it had ever been since 1970; and that it is this war that wud finali divide us??
Can't wait for that division.
This marriage called Nigeria seem not to be working embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 11, 2013
kettykin: Goodluck Jonathan should wake up from sleep and dig up the haliburton and Siemens sleazy deals let us see who is really corrupt and who has stolen the country's money. Also Jonathan should write to foreign countries to freeze any money or account originating from nigeria with sums above N1b until it is clarified the owners of the account has never held a public office and are not related to former or present office holders

Due to your frustrations....you are losing the presence of mind to know that Jonathan is fighting too many battles at the same time with too many people.

You Ibos have succeeded in creating more problems for GEJ more than his own Ijaws.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Okontami: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2013
@Sincere Nigerian, I know you will be on this thread... Oga how market today?? Keep defending your employers..but remember that Nigerians are suffering please. Remember this.. Tell them. Dont just feed fat alone. Tell them to do what they can to reduce the poverty in this country. While you were in US, did you see the environment? Were you not impressed? Please tell them to replicate such in our country. We know you have to come here daily to defend your employers so that there can be food on your table. But please remember God is watching you if you refuse to tell them the truth about the mess they are creating. God will bless you if you stop being a sycophant , but if you continue....its otherwise. Amen In Jesus Name.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by funnyx(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2013
With the level of corruption, impunity and recklessness being displayed on daily basis by this govt of Jonathan, I won't be surprised if he eventually die in jail.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2013
@kettykin, read my post again, this time slowly. I never say Obj is the main founder of PDP. And when i say the corrupt having ground to call you corrupt, do you ponder what that means or you skip that part?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by funshint(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2013
ogologodimkpa:
Those people you mentioned as being corrupt witht 'their heads rolled' where are they today?
Aren't they walking free in streets today as if nothing happened.

Some of them are even chieftains in the opposition party APC?
I even saw FFK in APC rally in Osogbo abusing GEJ Government as being corrupt sad
What an irony!

Corruption does not start with GEJ and may not end with him.

The fight against corruption starts from You and I undecided
Most of them might be walking free now but all of them were sacked from their posts. Some even went to prison no matter how short. The fear of EFCC was the beginning of wisdom during Objs era. It wasn't as if Obj himself was corrupt-free; but he made attempt at stemming it. GEJ is not making any attempt at all. We are not demanding for Stella Oduah to be imprisoned but simply sacking her would have let a little credence to his administration. GEJ is not just corrupt but the most ambitiously selfish president ever in the history of this country!

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nonybb: 10:12am On Dec 11, 2013
The Letter was a bit absolutely right but it came from a source that we all knew how his era went. Obasanjo gave us a brand of wat we could picture as an "autocratic democracy". Obasanjo should also knw that Jonathan have yet to equal the amount of loot he stole in his 8years of absolute nothingness. This people have no conscience. Has Obasanjo became a saint over night? They only speak, complain and protest when their interest are not served. Obasanjo was not protesting for the generality of Nigerians, he is working for his hurts and self indignation. He is no saint. He had his primes and loot. Yet if his predeccesor were to advise him, in the case he is doing with jonathan, EFFC would come calling. Did Obasanjo never thought that our collective political class werent threatened or that the national issues werent jeopardized when he unleash EFCC, SSS, ICPC and some other security apparatus on his adversaries. Wat was Obasanjo thinking about then? Jonathan is wrong and that i have come to acknowledged but obasanjo contributed in distablilizing the polity when he seek THIRD AMBITION. Obasanjo is a crook that calls crook crooks. Under his watch, elections were rigged openly and shamefully. The case of Anambra, Imo, Portharcourt, etc are still alive in our memories. The only thing wrong with jonathan is that he is not a northerner. Let the advise comes frm a better human but certainly not those that had plundered billions of National wealth and resources, use security agencies to threaten enemies, looted $16 billion in power plant project etc

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 11, 2013
The implication of OBJ's letter is too 'heavy' for sycophants to grasp at this stage. GEJ's presidency is finished.

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by naso2(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2013
So because Asari and Clarke rise up in defense of GEJ, that makes him clannish. Nonsense.

OBJ the nationalist had to plead with the entire SW not to field a presidential candidate in 2003 so that he can defeat Buhari.

The message I see hear is OBJ telling GEJ not to contest 2015. simple . forget all the stories

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OgologoDimkpa: 10:19am On Dec 11, 2013
funshint:
Most of them might be walking free now but all of them were sacked from their posts. Some even went to prison no matter how short. The fear of EFCC was the beginning of wisdom during Objs era. It wasn't as if Obj himself was corrupt-free; but he made attempt at stemming it. GEJ is not making any attempt at all. We are not demanding for Stella Oduah to be imprisoned but simply sacking her would have let a little credence to his administration. GEJ is not just corrupt but the most ambitiously selfish president ever in the history of this country!
So if Stella Oduah is sacked, it will end corruption in the country angry

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by bomolu: 10:19am On Dec 11, 2013
JONATHAN'S 'FAT LIST' AND NIGERIA'S EL GORDO ON http://www.africanmag.com/FORUM-2101-design004
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by iGeneral: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
I won't even waste my 112th comment on this thread. *spits of thread and bolts away*
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by nairaman66(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
Gbagaun!!! Battle line has been drawn. I see GEJ taking a swipe at OBJ through the EFCC! grin
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by jt2010: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
PointB: So why did Obj nominate GEJ as Vice President in the first place? Didn't he see GEJ primarily as an Ijaw man who will calm the militancy in the Niger Delta?

I am constrained to believe that Obj is angry because he couldn't get what he want - control of the presidency. Obj supervised the worst elections in Nigeria history, under the notorious 'do and die' politics. It is this same Obj who came our from prison with less than N20000 in his account, only to own multi-million business concern soon after. Was it not same Obj who gave $16 billion worth or darkness after 8 years?

The argument on polarisation of the country along ethnic line is true, but it if Nigeria has been a united when equity and fairness has been long enthrone, this so-called polarisation wouldn't have had the ground to breed. Personally, I prefer a country where everyone who has a grudge is allowed to express them, rather than one which pretends all is well.

Truth be told, GEJ is not perfect, he has many flaws, and could have done a few things in different way. But on the balance of things, he is a much better President than all past presidents - Obj included.

Much better Person or President?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ManiCypher(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
d case of fry pan calling kettle black..granted Jona has fallen so many hands,but in d case of corruption,Jona cant do Nada,it goes beyond him.....Corruption is more of a spiritual thingy nw... sad

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by jamace(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
This is not the best of time for OBJ to make a public show of his own mess. OBJ should be weeping for himself for allowing the "Animal called man" to rob him of the golden opportunity, given to him by God, to put Nigeria on the right path.

If not for lack of conscience, why should OBJ preach to GEJ for not fighting corruption? It is true that Obj established the EFCC and ICPC but of what use were the agencies to Nigeria during Obj's tenure? We are witnesses that Obj used the agencies to hunt only opponents while he allowed his sycophants to continue in their biz of looting. Tell me, how many looters did Obj's anti-graft agencies jail?

There is no way Obj can make himself a saint in the present predicament of the nation. As an elder statesman, Obj should QUIETLY work with GEJ to steer Nigeria back to the right path.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OgologoDimkpa: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2013
na_so: So because Asari and Clarke rise up in defense of GEJ, that makes him clannish. Nonsense.

OBJ the nationalist had to plead with the entire SW not to field a presidential candidate in 2003 so that he can defeat Buhari.

The message I see hear is OBJ telling GEJ not to contest 2015. simple . forget all the stories
All of them are fighting for their pockets sad.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by sowprice(m): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2013
mke una allow me 2 coment 1st nah crymke una allow me 2 coment 1st nah
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by fkaz(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2013
Mr. Obasanjo also accused Mr. Jonathan of placing over 1000 Nigerians on political watch list and “training snipers and other armed personnel secretly and clandestinely acquiring weapons to match for political purposes like Abacha and training them where Abacha trained his killers”.

Jona is as corrupt as gen. Sani Abacha, nowonder he release major Hamza Al-mustapha from prison to execute his mission for him.

May God let this country called nigeria disintegrate either bloody or bloodless come 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Ngokafor(f): 10:24am On Dec 11, 2013
sincerenigerian: GEJ's divisiveness is known and recognized by any Nigerian who follows Nigerian politics. The gloves are off, the war has been declared.

I forsee Jonathan ending up like Samuel Doe or Laurence Gbagbo.

..and i forsee Nigeria ending up worse than Liberia subsequently, with complete chaos and ruins everywhere,and ofcourse war-mongers like you will be the first to pay the supreme price.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Caption This Emefiele's Posture As Buhari Passes (pic) / Murray-Bruce Announced Bianca Ojukwu As Miss Intercontinental In 1989 (Video) / IPOB Members Burn Passenger In Imo For Flouting Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.