Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Could This Be Malaria Or Typhoid Please - Advice Me. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could This Be Malaria Or Typhoid Please - Advice Me. (656 Views)

They Said I've Got A Chronic Typhoid. Please See My Lab Test Result Inside. / Know If It Is Malaria Or Typhiod / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Malaria Or Typhoid Please - Advice Me. by intercom: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2013
Please friends am tire of this situation. Am having the following symptoms
~ weakness of the body even while having a little walk
~ sleeping immediately after meal even if it is morning, afternoon (at work) or evening also when when i take in a little cold water
~ Itching of the body after every bath everyday
~ pains from my waist to abdominal region to my legs (sharp and painful).
~ cold and tiredness at times.

All this symptoms is what am going through, I have gone to the hospital and see a doctor.
1. Did a blood sugar test and it was ok
2. Did a urine test and it was ok
4. Did a malaria test and it was discovered I have malaria and i was given treatment immediately.

The problem is this, after taking the treatment, I was sound the first and 2nd weeks, getting to the 3rd week, all the symptoms returned again. I rushed back to the hospital and another treatment was given to me, I have bin on the treatment but still cant notice any improvement.

The doctors were like saying they dont knw what might be wrong, but i knw over here we have people with experience/ medical experts.
I will like you to advice me on what to do next, thx
Re: Could This Be Malaria Or Typhoid Please - Advice Me. by Lagusta(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm, you may be suffering from an endocrine disorder....

Go to a teaching hospital to see an endocrinologist, do thyroid function tests, and let's go from there
Re: Could This Be Malaria Or Typhoid Please - Advice Me. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lagusta culd be right! but y ddnt u just add typhoid test to ur tests, its not costly and it wuld do u nothng even if its negative!
Re: Could This Be Malaria Or Typhoid Please - Advice Me. by Lagusta(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
wazoboy: Lagusta culd be right! but y ddnt u just add typhoid test to ur tests, its not costly and it wuld do u nothng even if its negative!

Well, he may also do those too shaa, I.e blood culture/widal and blood film/microscopy for typhoid and malaria respectively

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan, Governors Adopts New Method Of Greeting / Top And Best Yoga Poses For Glowing Skin / Ebola:- I Am Disappointed In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.