Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! (2177 Views)

Lucifer Is Fallen And Doomed! So Are Satanists/atheist On Nairaland & Beyond!! / The Ten Commandments In The New Testament / The Ten Commandments Of Human Relations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 12, 2013
vickyO:

Says who?

Says the constitution.....a separation of church and state.....as America becomes more liberal and non-religious.......these lawsuits will soon remove religious symbols from government building
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 7:24am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Oh...please undecided grin
huh what do u mean? undecided . Hehehehe. I aint related with Obadiah dear. We are brothers in Christ, His book is 3 books behind mine grin.

1 Like

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: This nigga is spewing shit, you are a confused soul, whats with the mother nature, mother nature trash. I never said all blacks are Israelites, and to correct your insanity we are not talking about the jewish converts and the Israelis. Jew and jewish, Israelites and Israeli, two different things. Now you can be black and not be an Isrealite, Ethiopians, Somalians, Egyptians are not Israelites, i bet you dont know why there are whites in Egypt but to cut the long story short, you get your fathers linage, even a white man can be an Israelite as long as his father is an Israelite.. Stop saying rubbish, how many black chinese do you know?

How many blacks are in the sub-saharan?
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2013
This is an except taken from an article called, Is America a Christian Nation?
www.catholiceducation.org/articles/politics/pg0040.html

Can America still be called a Christian nation? It is certainly a more religiously pluralistic and diverse society than it was during the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries. There are increasing numbers of non-Christians immigrating to this country, and there has been a rapid rise in adherents to Islam among our population. There are millions of Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Shintoists, Unitarians, Hindus, Wiccans, Naturists, Agnostics, and Atheists, but Christians comprise roughly 84% of the population. Our constitutional legal system is still based on the Jewish/Christian Bible, not the Koran or other holy book. We still observe Sunday, the Christian Sabbath, as an official holiday. Easter and Christmas still have a special place in the holiday lexicon. The Ten Commandments are still on the wall behind the Supreme Court Justices when they take the bench. Our coins still display the motto "In God We Trust." The US is still firmly part of a Western Civilization fashioned by a Judeo-Christian religious ethic and heritage. Alexis de Tocqueville observed more than a century and a half ago, "There is no country in the world, where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America." That is still true today. We live, not under a Christian government, but in a nation where all are free to practice their particular religion, in accommodation with other religions, and in accordance with the basic principles of the nation, which are Christian in origin. It is in that sense that America may properly be referred to as a Christian nation.

With the bolded information in mind you might wonder, why this thread exists. Why, if we are a predominately Christian nation, is this type of thing even considered?

This is from opposingviews.com
www.oposingviews.com/questions/is-the-us-a-christian-nation

This one is for you LB:

casio - Aug 24 2012 - 5:05am
Is the U.S. a Christian nation? The answer is no. Now for all those who would say otherwise. I could talk to you about the Founding Fathers, I could talk to you about history or the Treaty of Tripoli until you're blue in the face. But for all intense and purposes the simple fact of the matter is this: the First Amendment of the Constitution protects your right to violate the First Commandment. And the second Commandment, and the third and the fourth. How does that feel? In just one beloved Amendment, the US constitution has wiped out nearly half of what many Christians believe to be the blueprint of a perfect human being. Now murder, theft and perjury are illegal sure, but they are not laws that were inspired by your religion as they were law before your religion ever even existed.

While I think this statement would have carried more weight without the sarcasm, the author is correct, to some degree. Let us review. The United States is a nation comprised of an 84% Christian Population. You would think, with that kind of statistic, that there would be no way that Satanists could put up a monument next to the Ten Commandments. I was not familiar with this particular case, but this kind of thing is happening all over the United States. The first thing we need to do is define what type of government the United States has. Many people think we are a democracy. We are not.

Aindriu Colgan: America Is Not A Democracy, Stop Pretending It Is
www.huffingtonpost.com/aindr/america-is-not-a-democrac_b_442963.html

Firstly, America is not a democracy. It is not, never was, nor ever was intended to be a democracy. And for very good reason. Democracy--dēmocratía ("power/rule by the people"wink--is a horrible system of government. It is maintained by violence, mob rule, and a pernicious envy--an envy that arises when one of its citizens rises too far above the others, an envy that drives that democracy to rip them down. The rights of the individual are always supplanted by "the will of the people".

This might help. It is an excerpt from Republic vs. Democracy - Citizens for Constitutional Government
www.c4cg.org/republic.htm

Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."
Not only have we failed to keep it, most don't even know what it is.
A Republic is representative government ruled by law (the Constitution). A democracy is direct government ruled by the majority (mob rule). A Republic recognizes the inalienable rights of individuals while democracies are only concerned with group wants or needs (the public good)…The following comes from Training Manual No. 2000-25 published by the War Department, November 30, 1928.
DEMOCRACY:
• A government of the masses.
• Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of "direct" expression.
• Results in mobocracy.
• Attitude toward property is communistic--negating property rights.
• Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate, whether is be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.
• Results in demagoguism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.
REPUBLIC:
• Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.
• Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.
• A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass.
• Avoids the dangerous extreme of either tyranny or mobocracy.
• Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.
• Is the "standard form" of government throughout the world.

The United States Constitution is a sound document. It was designed specifically to protect individual rights, not the rights of the masses. The founding fathers designed it this way on purpose to protect against mob rule. I believe this is important. I do however, begin to wonder when those rights include things like burning the American Flag, or the Westboro Baptist Church boycotting the funerals of fallen soldiers. I am not happy about this monument, but if I want to retain my individual rights, I must give others theirs. Even if I do not agree. I know that sometimes Constitutional law allows what I would consider the absurd. The problem is, that it is my opinion, and opinion is subjective. I love my country. I do believe sometimes we need a Department of Common Sense though.Then again, who decides what common sense is.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2013
Facebook tinz
grin

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Can America still be called a Christian nation? It is certainly a more religiously pluralistic and diverse society than it was during the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries. There are increasing numbers of non-Christians immigrating to this country, and there has been a rapid rise in adherents to Islam among our population. There are millions of Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Shintoists, Unitarians, Hindus, Wiccans, Naturists, Agnostics, and Atheists, but Christians comprise roughly 84% of the population. Our constitutional legal system is still based on the Jewish/Christian Bible, not the Koran or other holy book. We still observe Sunday, the Christian Sabbath, as an official holiday. Easter and Christmas still have a special place in the holiday lexicon. The Ten Commandments are still on the wall behind the Supreme Court Justices when they take the bench. Our coins still display the motto "In God We Trust." The US is still firmly part of a Western Civilization fashioned by a Judeo-Christian religious ethic and heritage. Alexis de Tocqueville observed more than a century and a half ago, "There is no country in the world, where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America." That is still true today. We live, not under a Christian government, but in a nation where all are free to practice their particular religion, in accommodation with other religions, and in accordance with the basic principles of the nation, which are Christian in origin. It is in that sense that America may properly be referred to as a Christian nation.

With the bolded information in mind you might wonder, why this thread exists. Why, if we are a predominately Christian nation, is this type of thing even considered?

This one is for you LB:

Is the U.S. a Christian nation? The answer is no. Now for all those who would say otherwise. I could talk to you about the Founding Fathers, I could talk to you about history or the Treaty of Tripoli until you're blue in the face. But for all intense and purposes the simple fact of the matter is this: the First Amendment of the Constitution protects your right to violate the First Commandment. And the second Commandment, and the third and the fourth. How does that feel? In just one beloved Amendment, the US constitution has wiped out nearly half of what many Christians believe to be the blueprint of a perfect human being. Now murder, theft and perjury are illegal sure, but they are not laws that were inspired by your religion as they were law before your religion ever even existed.

While I think this statement would have carried more weight without the sarcasm, the author is correct, to some degree. Let us review. The United States is a nation comprised of an 84% Christian Population. You would think, with that kind of statistic, that there would be no way that Satanists could put up a monument next to the Ten Commandments. I was not familiar with this particular case, but this kind of thing is happening all over the United States. The first thing we need to do is define what type of government the United States has. Many people think we are a democracy. We are not.

Firstly, America is not a democracy. It is not, never was, nor ever was intended to be a democracy. And for very good reason. Democracy--dēmocratía ("power/rule by the people"wink--is a horrible system of government. It is maintained by violence, mob rule, and a pernicious envy--an envy that arises when one of its citizens rises too far above the others, an envy that drives that democracy to rip them down. The rights of the individual are always supplanted by "the will of the people".

This might help. It is an excerpt from Republic vs. Democracy - Citizens for Constitutional Government

Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."
A Republic is representative government ruled by law (the Constitution). A democracy is direct government ruled by the majority (mob rule). A Republic recognizes the inalienable rights of individuals while democracies are only concerned with group wants or needs (the public good)…The following comes from Training Manual No. 2000-25 published by the War Department, November 30, 1928.
DEMOCRACY:
• Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of "direct" expression.
• Results in mobocracy.
• Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate, whether is be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.
REPUBLIC:
• Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.
• Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.
• A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass.
• Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.

The United States Constitution is a sound document. It was designed specifically to protect individual rights, not the rights of the masses. The founding fathers designed it this way on purpose to protect against mob rule. I believe this is important. I do however, begin to wonder when those rights include things like burning the American Flag, or the Westboro Baptist Church boycotting the funerals of fallen soldiers. I am not happy about this monument, but if I want to retain my individual rights, I must give others theirs. Even if I do not agree. I know that sometimes Constitutional law allows what I would consider the absurd. The problem is, that it is my opinion, and opinion is subjective. I love my country. I do believe sometimes we need a Department of Common Sense though.Then again, who decides what common sense is.

The second part of your comment makes sense....America is not a christian country
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

The second part of your comment makes sense....America is not a christian country

Yeah, well I didn't say that. I was quoting someone else. I can't be sure, but that guy sounds like an atheist. America may not be a Christian country, but we are a country that is predominantly Christian. tongue

1 Like

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Yeah, well I didn't say that. I was quoting someone else. I can't be sure, but that guy sounds like an atheist. America may not be a Christian country, but we are a country that is predominantly Christian. tongue

True talk.

However, the opinion of the majority should not matter, especially when it comes to religion.....
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Are you white? cheesy?
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: Are you white? cheesy?
are you green?
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 8:38am On Dec 12, 2013
Yes I'm white...
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 8:45am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How many blacks are in the sub-saharan?
The Sub -Saharan region is often referred to as Black Africa, in reference to its numerous black populations. However, geographers historically divided the region into several distinct ethnographic sections based on each area's respective inhabitants.

Like i said earlier, Israelites are black people, but not all blacks are Israelites, which makes your Sub-Saharan question invalid...
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:
are you green?
lol, yes am green tongue....
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: lol, yes am green tongue....

why do you ask btw?
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: The Sub -Saharan region is often referred to as Black Africa, in reference to its numerous black populations. However, geographers historically divided the region into several distinct ethnographic sections based on each area's respective inhabitants.

Like i said earlier, Israelites are black people, but not all blacks are Israelites, which makes your Sub-Saharan question invalid...

blacks once populated chinese in the past. Go and read your history textbook again.

There are black chinese today but very few. Same way thick black skinned folks are scares in sub-saharan.

Israeli jew hates black...they are racist

am not Israeli jew....so you should know how you not making sense
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

blacks once populated chinese in the past. Go and read your history textbook again.

There are black chinese today but very few. Same way thick black skinned folks are scares in sub-saharan.

Israeli jew hates black...they are racist

am not Israeli jew....so you should know how you not making sense

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 9:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin Folykaze is drunk.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

why do you ask btw?
i was just curious, the way you were talking about America made me confused, that was why i asked.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: i was just curious, the way you were talking about America made me confused, that was why i asked.

Oh...because all Americans are white? Maybe you should tell that to the Latino family across the street, or the black man who lives 3 houses down. I work with a naturalized American citizen from the Philippians. Then there's the Indian doctor I see, who's an American citizen now, and has 3 children born here. Wait! There's the Pakistani guy who works at the market. Oh yeah, I almost forgot my Navaho friend from elementary school, and any number of people in all shapes, sizes and YES, color I come in contact with daily. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nahum777(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Oh...because all Americans are white? Maybe you should tell that to the Latino family across the street, or the black man who lives 3 houses down. I work with a naturalized American citizen from the Philippians. Then there's the Indian doctor I see, who's an American citizen now, and has 3 children born here. Wait! There's the Pakistani guy who works at the market. Oh yeah, I almost forgot my Navaho friend from elementary school, and any number of people in all shapes, sizes and YES, color I come in contact with daily. grin grin grin grin
Lmao, very funny... Yea all Americans should be whites innitially but because of colonialism and Sex between two races and naturalization, thats why you see blacks and other races in America. tongue. . I asked if you were white, because i wanted to ask, i felt it. tongue.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

what is the prob buddy. Ask me question or correct me if am wrong.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: grin grin Folykaze is drunk.

i took wine which cheers God and man. If El is the Most High....i need liters of wine to be High too.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: Lmao, very funny... Yea all Americans should be whites innitially but because of colonialism and Sex between two races and naturalization, thats why you see blacks and other races in America. tongue. . I asked if you were white, because i wanted to ask, i felt it. tongue.

well okay then... grin
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by MrTroll(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2013
texanomaly:

This one is for you LB:

DEMOCRACY:
• Results in mobocracy.
REPUBLIC:

@bold, goot goot. remember my thread on morality?

in general, very good post. can we say america is a democratic republic?
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by tuagbo: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2013
texanomaly:

The USA will always be a "whites" dominated country.You may reside in a diverse community but that can't be said about the whole country where "coloured" people still get harassed by the majority "white" population when they step foot in many parts of the nation.I'm just stating facts not pointing fingers at any specific group.
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 2:08am On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: @bold, goot goot. remember my thread on morality?

in general, very good post. can we say america is a democratic republic?

Technically, we are a Constitutional Republic, with democratic tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by MrTroll(m): 7:39am On Dec 14, 2013
texanomaly:

Technically, we are a Constitutional Republic, with democratic tendencies.
undecided
grin grin
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by texanomaly(f): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided
grin grin
grin
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by POPEII: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2013
tuagbo: The USA will always be a "whites" dominated country.You may reside in a diverse community but that can't be said about the whole country where "coloured" people still get harassed by the majority "white" population when they step foot in many parts of the nation.I'm just stating facts not pointing fingers at any specific group.
not always.
Tho they have already created a new group: white hispanic
Re: Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 28, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

listening to fela song titled 'why black man dey suffer'.... Tears cant stop rolling reading this from logicboy.

Learn from your ancestors mumuni.

The west got nothing to offer you.
BLACK AFRICA HAS GOT A LOT TO OFFER. look around you why are we all running out the first chance we get

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Worship God? / Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? / Pics: Difference Between How Muslim & Christians Train Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.