Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Why Do You Worship God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Worship God? (2131 Views)

Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? / Today Is Sunday: How Do We Worship God / Where Will You Worship God Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Worship God? by 5minsmadness: 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
You ought to worship God because He is God your maker and deserves your worship. He has created a place for you to spend the rest of your immortality with him but he will not tolerate anybody entering that place for selfish reasons. Nobody wants another rebellion. So if you are worshiping God because you want to be rich or are looking for a miracle then you have missed it.

Many people who proclaim they are atheists today became so because they feel God did not do something for them. I will never forget the guy that stopped worshipping God because he said he prayed for a job at Halli-Burton and didn't get it so he stopped serving God. That is terribly shallow and myopic. So if tomorrow God doesn't do something for you then you will go to the other side? That is selfish love.

There is nothing you can give God and yet he has chosen to love you. God doesn't need anything from you and yet because you are his creation he loves you just the same. That is selfless love. If you cannot return that love as in love God selflessly with no strings attached then you cannot be trusted with the powers that come with immortality.

Love God today because he is God and deserves your praise. If you love God for any other reason then you are on your own. Even the devil works signs and wonders. Even the devil gives riches. It is only God that gives eternal life.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Kihugu(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
We should worship God always since he is our creator. He gave use everything that we got including parents, assets, friends peace among many other things that we possess. We should always be thankful to Him and we should always remember to seek for forgiveness for the wrongs that we have done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Worship God? by undercat: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
We should also worship God so that He doesn't send us to hell.
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Please abeg no vex but which of the gods? Allah, yahweh, vishnu, osiris, horus, el, baal, zues, shiva
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by TrajansKong: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
undercat:

This is how we Africans roll. Fear eats our soul 24/7 as we get robbed blind left, right and centre spookist nonsense generation after generation, FOREVER & EVER...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
because he's God
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by 5minsmadness: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
johnydon22:
Please abeg no vex but which of the gods? Allah, yahweh, vishnu, osiris, horus, el, baal, zues, shiva
You don't believe in God so you shouldn't be interested in this topic. Thanks.
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by undercat: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Better fear than fire, mate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Worship God? by 5minsmadness: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
undercat:
This is permissible but not ideal. God would rather you love him rather than fear him. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, yes, but perfect love casts out all fear. And Pure love for God will withstand any adversity than a fearful respect for Him.
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Jameselias: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
This things are fools both the god's and they that worship them are fools
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by 5minsmadness: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jameselias:
This things are fools both the god's and they that worship them are fools
Psalm 14:1
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Jameselias: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

Psalm 14:1
what does it say
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by 5minsmadness: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jameselias:
what does it say
Find out.
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Jameselias: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

Find out.
i will not but what ever it says it is the word of the writer vs mine so u choose which to believe. i'm out
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by 5minsmadness: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jameselias:
i will not but what ever it says it is the word of the writer vs mine so u choose which to believe. i'm out
Easy choice to make. Cheerio.
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Men, I don't even know anymore.
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:
Men, I don't even know anymore.
Lmao....hahahahahahahaha ma baby long time... missed me?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao....hahahahahahahaha ma baby long time... missed me?

A little? embarassed

Did you miss me too? tongue
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

A little? embarassed

Did you miss me too? tongue
yeah so much!!! grin....Can see you are seriously getting confused over the thread... whats d deal?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22:

yeah so much!!! grin....Can see you are seriously getting confused over the thread... whats d deal?

Lol, err...what thread?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, err...what thread?
this issue of why du worship God?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22:

this issue of why du worship God?

*sealed lips*

Where have you been?
Have you finally gone to pay the dowry of that girl?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

*sealed lips*

Where have you been?
Have you finally gone to pay the dowry of that girl?
i deh madt?...
Am only gonna pay ur dowry baby and i will even convert to christianity for you!!! smiley
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22:

i deh madt?...
Am only gonna pay ur dowry baby and i will even convert to christianity for you!!! smiley

shocked You're a Muslim?

And you geh nerve to dey follow me argue Bible? undecided
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

shocked You're a Muslim?

And you geh nerve to dey follow me argue Bible? undecided
HAHAHAHAHAHA AM NOT A MUSLIM EITHER..!!!...NO LABEL
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22:

HAHAHAHAHAHA AM NOT A MUSLIM EITHER..!!!...NO LABEL

Atheist?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

Atheist?
NOPE.... am a humanist
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22:

NOPE.... am a humanist

Do you believe in God?
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 10:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

Do you believe in God?

Re: Why Do You Worship God? by johnydon22(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
MzNelly:

Do you believe in God?
THIS IS WHO I AM

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Worship God? by kevoh(m): 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
johnydon22 and MzNelly, please get a room and take your romantic chat there tongue, I was already enjoying the comedy by the previous posters before both of you came to spoil the party. angry Now move along!
Re: Why Do You Worship God? by Horus(m): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Elohim, the plural of Eloh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: The Most Important Prayer [dr. D.K Olukoya] / The Christian God, A Baby/little Child Killer... / Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.