Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? (2161 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by kingolovich(m): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
We know science to have studied Earth itself, all that is in it ie living and non living. Even studied space also. And still studying. But can Science give a proof that my ALMIGHTY GOD doesn't exist sha?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
Can science prove that a blue flying dragon with diamond wings dont exist?

3 Likes

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Hawlahscho(m): 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
I don't know. PHILOSOPHERS are needed here.

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:
Can science prove that a blue flying dragon with diamond wings dont exist?
Did it claim it exists?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by enilove(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
You should have asked whether science can create animals ,birds and fishes.

Science is nothing but getting information about existence of things that already in existence. That is why science cannot create BLOOD OR FLESH.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Did it claim it exists?

Neither did it claim any deity exists.. Religions make that claim without proof, the same way i just made a claim of a blue flying dragon with diamond wings exists without proof. . . The similarity is Both claims were made without proof and science cannot disprove any it remains an unsubstantiated claim smiley
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
enilove:
You should have asked whether science can create animals ,birds and fishes.

Science is nothing but getting information about existence of things that already in existence. That is why science cannot create BLOOD OR FLESH.

Define science sir smiley
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by menesheh(m): 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
How can science prove
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Neither did it claim any deity exists.. Religions make that claim without proof, the same way i just made a claim of a blue flying dragon with diamond wings exists without proof. . . The similarity is Both claims were made without proof and science cannot disprove any it remains an unsubstantiated claim smiley
I've seen arguments like this times and times before, let me ask you one question, is it true that it our universe either originated from intelligent or non intelligent source?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
Romans 1vs19-23. Will give the explanation, science has enough proofs that God exists but they cant just accept the truth.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I've seen arguments like this times and times before, let me ask you one question, is it true that it our universe either originated from intelligent or non intelligent source?

..lmao.. and what do you refer to as intelligent in this case??

... Am sure i have had this type of argument with you before you may do well to go and check..

I am sure i fully made it clear I do not know how the universe started neither do i claim to know, i opened my eyes after not before it

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

..lmao.. and what do you refer to as intelligent in this case??

... Am sure i have had this type of argument with you before you may do well to go and check..

I am sure i fully made it clear I do not know how the universe started neither do i claim to know, i opened my eyes after not before it
This is different, I only asked if you know it is the two ways we can explore, unlike then when I was taking sides, so therefore, we've never had an argument like this before. Now answer my question, do you agree that the universe is EITHER from an intelligent source or a non intelligent source?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
This is different, I only asked if you know it is the two ways we can explore, unlike then when I was taking sides, so therefore, we've never had an argument like this before. Now answer my question, do you agree that the universe is EITHER from an intelligent source or a non intelligent source?

Now can you tell me what you mean by intelligent and non intelligent stuff?

lets see if you even understand your analogy smiley
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Now can you tell me what you mean by intelligent source?
All I see is someone who knows where an argument is heading to, who then wants to do everything in his power to stop it. You know what non intelligence is, but its intelligent you are not sure about , but, Yes I will define "intelligent", after that, I expect your reply.
in- tel- li- gent Translate Button
[in- tel-i-j uh nt]
adjective
having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons
or animals:
an intelligent student.
displaying or characterized by quickness of understanding, sound thought, or good
judgment:
an intelligent reply.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
All I see is someone who knows where an argument is heading to, who then wants to do everything in his power to stop it. You know what non intelligence is, but its intelligent you are not sure about , but, Yes I will define "intelligent", after that, I expect your reply.
in- tel- li- gent Translate Button
[in- tel-i-j uh nt]
adjective
having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons
or animals:
an intelligent student.
displaying or characterized by quickness of understanding, sound thought, or good
judgment:
an intelligent reply.

Dude you totally lack comprehension... I asked you what you meant by intelligent source as used in your post and you went ahead and defined intelligent for me..

How can you reconcile your definition of intelligent as seen on the above post to your analogy of the universe being from an intelligent source..

To be clear [size=20] what do you mean by intelligent source[/size]
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Dude you totally lack comprehension... I asked you what you meant by intelligent source as used in your post and you went ahead and defined intelligent for me..

How can you reconcile your definition of intelligent as seen on the above post to your analogy of the universe being from an intelligent source..

To be clear [size=20] what do you mean by intelligent source[/size]
A source that requires intelligence.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
The burden of proof is on the one making the assertion. Also, the question of God's existence is not scientific either.

2 Likes

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
DProDG:
The burden of proof is on the one making the assertion. Also, the question of God's existence is not scientific either.
Is it true that the universe is either from an intelligent source or from non intelligent source.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
A source that requires intelligence.

So how did the universe start?

let us now determine if it required an intelligent or unintelligent source smiley
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by kingolovich(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Is it true that the universe is either from an intelligent source or from non intelligent source.
If no one has been able to prove it wrong that there is a universe, then its from an intelligent source. You Get?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You should reword your question for clarity and to avoid creating a false dichotomy.

I assume you mean the origin of the universe, that I do not know. The word 'intelligent' obviously implies consciousness which we both know I object.

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

So how did the universe start?

let us now determine if it required an intelligent or unintelligent source smiley
It is you that is unable to comprehend simple question. embarassed I didn't ask whether universe is intelligent or not, all I asked for is whether it is true that the universe is either intelligent or non intelligent. There is nowhere I asked you to choose one.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
kingolovich:
If no one has been able to prove it wrong that there is a universe, then its from an intelligent source. You Get?
NO!
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
DProDG:

You should reword your question for clarity and to avoid creating a false dichotomy.

I assume you mean the origin of the universe, that I do not know. The word 'intelligent' obviously implies consciousness which I we both know I object.
Are you conscious? If so, why do you reject conscious origin without proof?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is you that is unable to comprehend simple question. embarassed I didn't ask whether universe is intelligent or not, all I asked for is whether it is true that the universe is either intelligent or non intelligent. There is nowhere I asked you to choose one.

here is your post
Is it true that the universe is either from an intelligent source or from non
intelligent source.
Now take a very long look at that word "source"..
it baffles me how you contradicted you initial post with a contradictory post as in the bolded above..

U asked whether it is of intelligent or unintelligent source, and to determine this source we must first know how the universe started before knowing the source.

you changed your stance now by asserting that you question is whether the universe is intelligent or not
is it true that the universe is either intelligent or unitellgient
And to this question, it is very laughable cus for something to be intelligent it must possess consciousness...

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Which conscious origin if i may ask?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Why is it soooooooooooooooooooo hard for you guys to understand the [size=16pt]BURDEN OF PROOF[/size]?

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
kingolovich:
We know science to have studied Earth itself, all that is in it ie living and non living. Even studied space also. And still studying. But can Science give a proof that my ALMIGHTY GOD doesn't exist sha?

It is not the job of science to prove that god exist. So many religion boost of knowing god, but won't states his origin. Someone even came boosting that he is god's son, but wouldn't explain to his followers who his father is.

Scientists know it would take an enormous amount of energy to create our universe, so questions about a creator emanated.

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

here is your post
Now take a very long look at that word "source"..
it baffles me how you contradicted you initial post with a contradictory post as in the bolded above..

U asked whether it is of intelligent or unintelligent source, and to determine this source we must first know how the universe started before knowing the source.

you changed your stance now by asserting that you question is whether the universe is intelligent or not
And to this question, it is very laughable cus for something to be intelligent it must possess consciousness...
Tired of beating about the bush. I think atheists should be meek people seeking to know if God actually exists by throwing questions and giving good replies especially on cogent ones that lead to change of faith. Just a simple question of 'is it true the universe came from an intelligent or non intelligent process?',requiring a simple yes or no has turned into what millions of letters has been typed. SMH.
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
DProDG:

Why is it soooooooooooooooooooo hard for you guys to understand the [size=16pt]BURDEN OF PROOF[/size]?
I don't know what necessitated this reply. You just asserted a view, then I asked you why you rejected a conscious origin though you are conscious without having proof to back your view?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Which conscious origin if i may ask?
God
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
YHWH

Lmao funny... what about El the sumerian supreme God that predates yahweh with thousands of years.

What about Ea the mesopotamian version, To you it is the jewish version... hahahahahaha..

So according to you, ur god is the origin of consciousness, ur god as you make us believe is an entity with consciousness, so what is the origin of ur god's consciousness..

And why do you say its the jewish deity yahweh and not the ones i listed above or a thousand and one others creators (deities) humanity worship? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Things I Observed In Religion Section / Plato's Philosophy: Goodness And Justice / How Many "Sons" Does God Have? Who is the First Born?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.