Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. (1100 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / See White People Pushing A Buggati Worth £1million In London After it Broke Down / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by Alikaxon(m): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
It is no doubt a bad experience for you to be in a haste trying to catch up an appointment etc., and your car just happens to break down along the way, often at the middle of the course. The bad experience could be more intense when it happens on a lonely road where there is no sign of a mechanic around. It happened to me one day, when I was travelling from Agbor to a nearby village, about 8kms away, I was in the middle of a lonely road surrounded by many bushes, the experience was terrible. I was actually in a haste, when this incidence occured at about 5pm cool evening, the sky was changing as it was about to rain... To be continued.
Re: When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by JUO(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
am scared of this. I hope it doesn't happen to me
Re: When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by Readonee35L(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
Car
Chevrolet Venture 2003

October 13 2014 , took the car out ,
car was okay and running well ,i covered a lot of distance, I wanted to climb a bridge , then a sudden loss of power came, I got of the bridge safely without hiting any car,
decided to crank her , but no sign of life, I checked the battery it was charged , then rain came , I had to push my heavy Chevrolet in the rain with some road side boys because of my oga Them Road safety and lastma ,I no fit pay free money to anybody

bottom line i lost the business i was going out for that morning
Re: When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by kayswag100(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
This is my ernest prayer every day I start my car!

I'll be d one dat drives to a mechanic only when necessary IJN
Re: When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by Nep2une(m): 11:43am On Jan 20, 2015
if your car broke down yu suppose just call autosave roadside assistance they make sense. they normally send a mechanic to come help yu repair the car or send a towing van to pick yu. check their site http://autosave.com.ng or call 07051990781 SO YOU DONT NEED TO BE SCARED
Re: When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by auhanson(m): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
Mine happened in an inter state highway in the midnight during when i use to throw caution to air in those days when i just bought the car newly with some hard to diagnose issues(specifically, it was a fuel sending unit and a cam shaft position sensor) i couldn't just know how to handle on time.

I had just travelled from Port Harcourt to Calabar, then embarked on another journey from Calabar to Esit Eket in Akwa Ibom state; and decided to return home to Calabar that late night around 10.30 pm so that i could return back to Esit Eket the next day( a distance of about 270 km) with some people for an event. I had passed Calabar Itu road where my car suddenly off on the highway, in the midnight, about 12am.

Mehn! it wasn't funny at all, because i tried all i could for the car to start up but to no avail until my battery went flat. I couldn't even find fuel to buy to fill up to the brim whether i could get luck for the motto to startup. Finally i had to push the car to one side and entered the bush to hide away from an unforeseen armed robbers.

In the morning i finally went to buy fuel and was able to refill with a 20 litre to the brim with a rented battery, voila , the car started up, one hand i landed it home at Calabar and gave thanks to my God for sparing my life that night.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Car Broke Down On The Road, Share Your Experience. by DonX001: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Wow, hope i never experience anything like this!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse / Which Is Better In Nigeria Economy And Road, Honda Or Toyota / Audi Ad Likening Women To Used Cars In China Backfires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.