Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,996 members, 7,859,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year (8663 Views)

Pope Francis Is A Satanic Clown / "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie / ''i Gave Oyedepo Occultic Power: Police Arrest Publisher Of End-time Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by prymesolution: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-vvlmdlSOKWU/UqiCXvuYqTI/AAAAAAAADh4/o5HUNug9Mlo/s576/time-pope-francis.jpg[/img]

Pope Francis has been named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2013.

Time's managing editor Nancy Gibbs revealed the magazine's decision on NBC's "Today" Wednesday morning.

Pope Francis, who gained world praise in 2013, became the first Jesuit pope in March 2013 following the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI.

Time's managing editor Nancy Gibbs explained the magazine's choice on Wednesday, calling the Pope "a new voice of conscience."

"In his nine months in office, he has placed himself at the very center of the central conversations of our time, about wealth and poverty, fairness and justice, transparency, modernity, globalization, the role of women, the nature of marriage, the temptations of power," she said. "When he kisses the face of a disfigured man or washes the feet of a Muslim woman, the image resonates far beyond the boundaries of the Catholic Church."

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi sent a message from the Vatican on Wednesday, on behalf of the Pope:

The Holy Father is not looking to become famous or to receive honors. But if the choice of Person of Year helps spread the message of the gospel-- a message of God's love for everyone-- he will certainly be happy about that.

Do you you agree with Time's choice for person of the year? I definitely agree!

Share your thoughts.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/pope-francis-is-times-person-of-year.html

23 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by PastorKun(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
A very good choice. Congratulations to Pope Francis. Though I am not catholic, I appreciate Pope Francis humility and disposition to his papal office. Wishing him all the best in his efforts to reform the catholic institution.

12 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
This man is the reason youths lyk me are proud 2 be associated with The Catholic church. He is really leading by example

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by prymesolution: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pastor Kun: A very good choice. Congratulations to Pope Francis. Though I am not catholic, I appreciate Pope Francis humility and disposition to his papal office. Wishing him all the best in his efforts to reform the catholic institution.

I agree a 100%. The Pope's show of humility is unparalleled.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by prymesolution: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
caldermichaels: This man is the reason youths lyk me are proud 2 be associated with The Catholic church. He is really leading by example
He's a good man

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by Sheenor: 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Abeg, wetin dem giv am as him be the person of the year??
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by prymesolution: 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sheenor: Abeg, wetin dem giv am as him be the person of the year??

Make you go ask TIME now...lol

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by okpurukata(f): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Am proud of the Pope, but very thankful to God Almighty for this recognition. Viva le Papa!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by prymesolution: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
okpurukata: Am proud of the Pope, but very thankful to God Almighty for this recognition. Viva le Papa!!!!!
smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by POPEII: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2013
Viva el Pope
May God strengthen you in your mission on earth.
God bless you infallible father

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by prymesolution: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
POPE II: Viva el Pope
May God strengthen you in your mission on earth.
God bless you infallible father

God bless him

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by MRWHINNIG: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Congrats my Holy Father.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by MrAladin: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Si deo pro nobis qui nostra nos..........
God bless the supreme pontiff

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by MrAladin: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sheenor: Abeg, wetin dem giv am as him be the person of the year??

Another religious bigot

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by LMAyedun(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Congrats to the Pope!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by julioralph(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Good decision!
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by nekaa(f): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
smiley
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by saleeh: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
NA THEIR PERSON'IM BE NAW!
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by besticality: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
I kind of like the man sha. I just don't know why. Congrat to him.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by sammyyoung2(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
when then?
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by POPEII: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
prymesolution:

God bless him
Amen

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by yuzedo: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
sooooooooooo me Cheif yuzedo sweetus nko? angry dint i merited to win anytin? undecided embarassed cry

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by POPEII: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
besticality: I kind of like the man sha. I just don't know why. Congrat to him.
he's blessed ,humble and very generous.
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
I completely agree with their choice this year. It has no real political undertones.
After I viewed pics of him hugging that guy with the disease that left him disfigured with unsightly boils, the Pope warmed my heart. And No, I am not Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by Lilprincey(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nice one ah hope to follow ya foot-steps
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by POPEII: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
vivacious vivi: I completely agree with their choice this year. It has no real political undertones.
After I viewed pics of him hugging that guy with the disease that left him disfigured with unsightly boils, the Pope warmed my heart. And No, I am not Catholic.
what are you waiting to embrace Catholicism and accept him as your holy father.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by kingarizona(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
In Phyno's voice

Now I'm finally here, say HELLO to the MAN OF THE YEAR smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
God bless the Pope!!
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by MrAladin: 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
i hope that clown called okotie will see this.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
yuzedo: sooooooooooo me Cheif yuzedo sweetus nko? angry dint i merited to win anytin? undecided embarassed cry

Emeritus ni
Re: Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year by imsuboi(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Well Deserved! smiley

Proudly Catholic smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen / Top 20 Richest Pastors In The World - Number 6 Will Shock You / Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.