Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS (4312 Views)

SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court. / BREAKING: SSS Operatives Surround Ex-nsa Sambo Dasuki’s Houses / Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
At least 50 operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) from the Northern part of the country are being transferred from the presidential guard in Aso Rock Villa and are being replaced by those from the South-South and South-East, Sunday Trust learnt last night.

Our reporter learnt that the transfer list will be released and the affected operatives will proceed to their new locations as soon as President Goodluck Jonathan returns from his trip to Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica.

In this drastic move, the reason for which was not clear to this newspaper as at press time, 10 operatives from the South-West are affected. An unofficial source told our reporter that the changes are being spear-headed by two new contract security staff of South-South origin brought in by the president's Chief Security Officer (CSO), Mr Gordon Ogbua.

The source said, "With the engagement of these two men, who had earlier retired from the SSS, a new layer was created in the structure of the president's security. An Officer-in-Charge of Body Guard unit was created and one of the contract staff has been put in charge of this unit. Previously, the president's body guard was under the office of the Chief Detail to the President."

Sunday Trust learnt that the rule which is being invoked to justify the transfers is that, they would affect operatives who have spent more than five years in Aso Rock Villa as State Security operatives.

Our source argued, however, that "This was not the case previously. In the past, SSS operatives spent 13 years in the Villa. You cannot be removed unless you have committed an offence. Even if you committed an offence, you would be tried and found guilty before you are pushed out. This is because those who guard the president undergo a special training, which is very expensive."

Under the transfer being carried out new team leaders for the various security units are being appointed from the South-South stock, with few experienced team members being retained. Funds are being sourced to train the new operatives being posted to the Presidential Villa.

It was not clear as at last night if the National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, has approved the transfers, but when Sunday Trust contacted the spokeswoman of the SSS, Merilyn Ogar, she claimed she was not aware on the transfers.

The Deputy Director (Public Relations) of the SSS said there is no plan for mass transfer of personnel from Abuja to anywhere. When asked that the transfers are not being done from Abuja to other states, she replied thus: "I am not aware of any decision on mass transfer of our personnel. Our personnel are not transferred in that way. We transfer our personnel when the need arises."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208060798.html
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by abuc: 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
I always wonder why Daily Trust keep on reporting news to cause public disaffection in some part of the country.
Even though its a Northern Newspaper, they should be careful with Security issues that can easily degenerate.

11 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by LordVarys: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Trying so hard to make the president appear ethnically bias

The Presidency qua Presidency is staffed by key
officials from all parts of the country. The
Secretary to the Government of the Federation is
from Ebonyi State. The Chief of Staff and the
Head of the President’s Secretariat are both from
Edo, the Protocol Liaison Officer and Principal
Private Secretary are from Adamawa, the Chief
Detail is from Borno, the Aide De Camp (ADC) is
from Kogi, the Perm Sec, State House is from
Benue, the State Chief of Protocol is from Kwara,
the Special Adviser, Media and Publicity is from
Ogun, the Chief Physician to the President is from
Rivers. Only the Chief Security Officer, the
Special Assistant, Domestic and the Special
Adviser, Research and Strategy are from Bayelsa.

12 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
I guess he doesn't want to make the mistakes of Aguiyi Ironsi. How can one be guarded by his enemy? Remember, recruitment in Naija security outfit these days are mostly influenced by polithieftians. So someone from the North might have influenced their enlistment and they will somehow be loyal to the big Alhaji. Considering the trend of extremism in their religion, I will do exactly the same if I were GEJ so as as to know where my problem really is undecided

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
checking against moles aiding boko haram.. Good

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
His life seems more important that the people he governs. Now I understand why Boko Haram can never be flushed out.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by CircleOfWilis: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
adontbelivit
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by obyrich(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
berem: His life seems more important that the people he governs. Now I understand why Boko Haram can never be flushed out.
You are carrying the hate game too far! I believe in objective criticism but this pull him down at all cost syndrome is making a mockery of your party. Posts like this undermines all arguments in support of press freedom.

20 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by shizzle11(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
if those affected are sabotaging and undermining his government, isnt it better he does the needful?

Anything to paint GEJ in bad light...just anything. smh

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
obyrich: You are carrying the hate game too far! I believe in objective criticism but this pull him down at all cost syndrome is making a mockery of your party. Posts like this undermines all arguments in support of press freedom.
before ever you quote me next time,read my comments if possible a third time before quoting me. Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by teskyg: 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Berem finally found her Voice after the Anambra humiliation.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by 4Wilywily: 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lord Varys: Trying so hard to make the president appear ethnically bias

The Presidency qua Presidency is staffed by key
officials from all parts of the country. The
Secretary to the Government of the Federation is
from Ebonyi State. The Chief of Staff and the
Head of the President’s Secretariat are both from
Edo, the Protocol Liaison Officer and Principal
Private Secretary are from Adamawa, the Chief
Detail is from Borno, the Aide De Camp (ADC) is
from Kogi, the Perm Sec, State House is from
Benue, the State Chief of Protocol is from Kwara,
the Special Adviser, Media and Publicity is from
Ogun, the Chief Physician to the President is from
Rivers. Only the Chief Security Officer, the
Special Assistant, Domestic and the Special
Adviser, Research and Strategy are from Bayelsa.
Madness de worry dem

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
teskyg: Berem finally found her Voice after the Anambra humiliation.
the battle is not over yet! We shall meet in court. cool
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Kponkwem(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
Why post an old story now? Try as you can you won't succeed in denigrating the President.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
4Wilywily:
Madness de worry dem
Maybe they expect GEJ chief cook and bed dresser to come from Borno state. 1diots

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Joel3(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
booked
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Pukkah: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
abuc: I always wonder why Daily Trust keep on reporting news to cause public disaffection in some part of the country.
Even though its a Northern Newspaper, they should be careful with Security issues that can easily degenerate.

Is the story a lie?

You can't really fault a newspaper for reporting actual events.
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by agabaI23(m): 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
5 AUGUST 2012

Stale rumour!
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Olugbenger(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by gramci: 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
The rate at which APC shun out lies recently is alarming

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by psucc(m): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
For God's sake he must do so a thousand time. Those boys are security risks.
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Akpangbon: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
old news just to find something to say against GEJ.

BY THEOPHILUS ABBAH AND MUSBAHU BASHIR, 5 AUGUST 2012

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Lusola15: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Everything GEJ does in this country now as ethnicity attached to it.

my prayer is that he doesn't run 2015 and allow power to go back d north so we can see how they run the country
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by obyrich(m): 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lusola15: Everything GEJ does in this country now as ethnicity attached to it.

my prayer is that he doesn't run 2015 and allow power to go back d north so we can see how they run the country
It's never done that way! If the North cannot tolerate GEJ and the Southern people in the Aso Rock Villa, they should be articulate in their demand for their own country or just GO AND DIE!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by onemopol: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
Akpangbon: old news just to find something to say against GEJ.

BY THEOPHILUS ABBAH AND MUSBAHU BASHIR, 5 AUGUST 2012

God bless you. people are just happy to heat up the polity to any level provided its makes GEJ look bad.

Why someone will paste a newspaper speculation of August 2012 in December 2013 is really worrying.
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by seanet02: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sharp one by Jonathan..
We still remember Theophilus Danjuma and Aguiyi Ironsi.
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Akpangbon: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
one mopol:

God bless you. people are just happy to heat up the polity to any level provided its makes GEJ look bad.

Why someone will paste a newspaper speculation of August 2012 in December 2013 is really worrying.

Very worrying my brother. Mischief makers in the mould of SaharaReporters.
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by ChinoElects: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
This is a good development as SW and North are already prone and infiltrated by Boko Haram extremists due to their common religion of Islam.

Good step GEJ..
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Abagworo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
OP deserves 7years imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by ignis: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
berem: His life seems more important that the people he governs. Now I understand why Boko Haram can never be flushed out.
Please don't just conclude. I think daily trust is upto something.
Re: GEJ Replaces 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by idupaul: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
The President has the right to choose his close quarter guards any way he wants.. I won't criticize the president on this one cos it a well tot out move..on another note GEJ still leads the most inept govt known to mankind

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Named Disease EBOLA? / Wait, Is Gov. Godwill Akpabio Running Away? / Who Actually Is Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose? – A Brief Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.