Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike (646 Views)

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike / Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike / ASUU Strike Update: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Sabado(m): 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
After five months and 10 days that the
public universities have been shut due to
the strike by the Academic Staff of Union
of Universities, the Federal Government
and the universities lecturers on
Wednesday finally resolved to sign the
2013 Agreement.
This is the review of the FGN-ASUU 2012
Memorandum of Understanding reached
on the 2009 Agreement.
Both parties, however, refused to give
details of the agreement to journalists
who witnessed the signing of the
agreement.
The meeting was almost aborted by the
union but for the prompt intervention of
some stakeholders.
ASUU had on Tuesday vowed not to
attend the meeting because there was no
commitment and proper invitation from
the government.
The union had demanded the proof of
payment of the N200bn universities
infrastructure fund, non-victimisation
clause, review of the Agreement in 2014
and that a representative of government,
preferably the Attorney-General of the
Federation sign the agreement as
conditions to call-off the strike which
began on July 1.
Our correspondent, however, gathered
that the union got three of its demands
while it relinquished one to the
government.

www.punchng.com/news/at-last-fg-ASUU-sign-agreement-to-end-strike/
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Chemiefatie(f): 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
congrats to naija students. Just got d good news dis evening.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by prettyjo(f): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
second to comment.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Excelboi(m): 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nah dem sabi after I have forgotten my matric number.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by mannobi(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
So that educated illiterate called wyke could eat the humble pie.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by ajalaidowu10(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
at last d strike is over make i go do christmas b4 i kon search 4 my matric no. and course of study.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Pearlvictory(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
what shall it profit ASUU if they call off the strike this December? couldnt they wait till January? anyhow sha, me dey go my own strike till next year.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Pearlvictory(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
prettyjo: second to comment.
how much u win??
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
THANK GOD OOO. BUT I'M STILL HOPING IT'S TRUE

(1) (Reply)

You Think You Are A Genius? Try This / Oau 2014/15 Post Utme And Pre-degree Form Is Out Call_08160419927 / Just So You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.