Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido (1945 Views)

Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by blkmum700: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has predicted that the All Progressives Congress (APC) may take over Nigeria in 2015, as the lingering crisis in the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) continues to provide opportunities of advancement for the new party.

He said that if the PDP continues to misbehave, it would suffer defeat in the hands of APC in the 2015 general elections.

Lamido said, “PDP has been misbehaving and if it continues to misbehave in this way, the APC would take over the country in 2015. I now see the wisdom in the formation of the APC. Since the PDP is really misbehaving, the party will give PDP a good fight in the forthcoming election.”

Lamido said that with the formation of APC democracy had been made more vibrant in the country. He spoke yesterday while receiving the leadership of the Kano and Jigawa chapters of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) when they paid him a courtesy visit at the government house.

“I was amongst the G-7 governors for a certain ideology we shared, yet I was called names. I was called the black sheep from the North, I was called anti-North in the past, because of what I believed in,” said Lamido.

He said that he had been vilified by the public in the past, but that it would not force him to change his stance on what he thinks is right.

Lamido noted that it was sad that people resort to insults and abuse when one does not do what they think should be done.

G-5 governors are against PDP’s impunity, not Jonathan – Gov. Ahmed

Kwara State governor, Abdulfattah Ahmed, yesterday clarified that the movement of five Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors from the party to the All Progressives Congress (APC) was not a fight against President Goodluck Jonathan, but against a party that had lost all traits of democratic ethos; a party that pursues personal rather than collective aspirations.

Ahmed made the clarification in Ilorin, the state capital, during a radio programme, “Focal Point” on the privately owned Royal FM station, saying that the PDP had refused to be reinvigorated, reformed and rehabilitated, as a culture of impunity had taken its toll on the party and like minds had become disenchanted with developments in the party.

He said that he and the governors of Adamawa, Kano, Rivers and Sokoto states had found the APC an enabling platform to advance the cause of their people and other Nigerians. He, however, gave an assurance that they remained open to collaborating with the presidency on matters that would advance the development of the country.

APC commends Tambuwal’s stand against corruption

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has commended the speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, for his patriotism and dedication to the nation, following his principled stand on the Jonathan administration’s tepid fight against corruption.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Tuesday by its interim national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the speaker exhibited a leadership trait that is rare in these parts by shunning partisanship to say that the president’s body language does not indicate that he has the political will to fight corruption in the country.

‘’Hon. Tambuwal and President Jonathan belong to the same political party, but this did not deter the speaker from rising above crass partisanship when the issue involved bordered on national interest.

This is the stuff of good leadership. Hon. Tambuwal has shown that he is indeed the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives and that the entire country is his constituency. Unlike President Jonathan, who has transformed himself into a PDP and a sectional leader by viewing serious issues of national importance from the prism of partisanship and sectionalism,’’ the statement said, expressing the hope that other Nigerians would emulate the speaker.

APC said the party was delighted to be on the same page as the speaker on President Jonathan’s nonchalant stand on corruption, which has eaten deep into the nation’s fabric under the present administration. ‘’We have raised the same issues raised by the Hon. Speaker several times in our regular intervention, but the administration has dismissed our concerns on the altar of partisanship. However, now that no less a personality than the country’s number four citizen and a top member of the PDP is the one raising the issue, and coming against the background of Nigeria’s slide in the 2013 ranking released recently by the global anti-corruption body Transparency International, we hope the administration will realise that it has only been paying lip service to the anti-graft battle and perhaps make amends,’’ the party said.

It said that the speaker was right in talking about the president’s body language, which is a reflection of the deceptive actions he (President Jonathan) had taken repeatedly over very serious issues of corruption, including the monumental fuel subsidy scam, the pension scam, the fraud involving the excess crude account, the Sure-P scandal and ‘Oduahgate’.

‘’These are slam-dunk corruption cases that should have been handed over to the anti-corruption agencies for summary disposal. Instead, the president - thinking Nigerians will merely scream and forget after some time - engages in his usual distracting method of setting up committees, the reports of which he will then put away to gather dust... until another corruption case rears its ugly head. Nigerians are not stupid and they understand very clearly that the president is shielding corrupt people, as long as they are willing and able to contribute massively from their ill-gotten funds, to his campaign slush funds.

“Now that a person of the calibre of the speaker of the House of Representatives has added his voice to this burning issue, the die is cast for Mr. President. He can either move to redeem the image of his administration, or continue to swim in the ocean of corruption,’’ the APC said.

http://leadership.ng/news/111213/apc-will-take-over-nigeria-2015-sule-lamido
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin But Sule Lamdo was criticizing and yapping about APC just three months ago. He said all kind of rubbish about my party. Aboki don see the light o! cheesy
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 12, 2013
Imagine my payless handle was banned by anti-spambot
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Clerverly: 12:29am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian: Imagine my payless handle was banned by anti-spambot

Then do the needful grin grin Na dem go tire!
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 12, 2013
Clerverly:

Then do the needful grin grin Na dem go tire!

grin I just switched over. I have 65 other monikers I haven't touched yet........
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by gerald09(m): 1:13am On Dec 12, 2013
Really! so it has come to dis, BODY LANGUAGE is telling me u full of cr*ap. Give us a good reason to vote una n stop dis cheap vices. Surprise! dis country runs n works on religious/tribal ethics if u don't meet to dem demand den u can watch GEJ win again. U come here to support a man who justifies his claim from BODY LANGUAGE. U know wot f*uk APC and its followers F*uk PDP and its follower d youth shall rise above dis oppression n old men pushing our home into anarchy just cos for selfish interest. We are tired of all dese BODY LANGUAGE, DO D NEEDFUL, GO N DIE, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN, BLOOD SHEDDING, CHILD MARRIAGE old fu*cks

1 Like

Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Kingsley1000(m): 4:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Their intention and aspiration will only be feasible if hand an igbo man that ticket
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by EzePromoe: 4:25am On Dec 12, 2013
Delusion galore grin
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 12, 2013
Kingsley1000: Their intention and aspiration will only be feasible if hand an igbo man that ticket
Suggest one Igbo man that should be given the ticket. I thought Igbos already said Jonathan is the only Igbo candidate. Some have also suggested Igbos should wait till 2019 when GEJ handover to them.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Tolexander: 6:01am On Dec 12, 2013
He said that if the PDP
continues to misbehave, it
would suffer defeat in the
hands of APC in the 2015
general elections.
What gives Lamido the assurance that APC won't have a problem before the 2015 election?
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian:

grin I just switched over. I have 65 other monikers I haven't touched yet........
Only you have 65 monikers? You and musiwa should be in the race for highest record of monikers owned by a nairalander. Lord have mercy on your soul. tongue
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 12, 2013
berem: Only you have 65 monikers? You and musiwa should be in the race for highest record of monikers owned by a nairalander. Lord have mercy on your soul. tongue
It was sexkillz who forced me to do that. It took me eight days to create 65 monikers. All with the same password. I wrote all my monikers down and stick it to the wall.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Same person who refused to join the APC!
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2013
Usbeel: Same person who refused to join the APC!
He used to condemn APC but shame won't let him join us now. Now he knows PDP is about to become a SS/SE regional party.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian: It was sexkillz who forced me to do that. It took me eight days to create 65 monikers. All with the same password. I wrote all my monikers down and stick it to the wall.
interesting! The era of opening new monikers is over! Thanks be to Jesus. grin grin
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by greatgod2012(f): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2013
@op, let's wait and see.

Abi, is it the APC we have now, that is controlled and manipulated by a man?

May God spare our lives till then and even beyond.

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by kokoA(m): 6:30am On Dec 12, 2013
Usbeel: Same person who refused to join the APC!
You still don't understand the game these guys are playing. Lamido, Babangida Aliyu, Oyinlola and Tanbuwal are already APC members. The plan is to keep them in PDP to scatter the party from withing while the others that have decamped openly fight for their collective interest in APC. You can see the level of criticism being dished out daily from "PDP members" on GEJ's administration. Don't you think if they had all moved fully to APC that would have given PDP the chance to recover and reorganise their strategy for 2015? Its like cancer, they left few lumps withing the PDP body to keep pestering it till its final death.. I hope GEJ/PDP understands this game.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by gbadexy(m): 7:29am On Dec 12, 2013
kokoA: You still don't understand the game these guys are playing. Lamido, Babangida Aliyu, Oyinlola and Tanbuwal are already APC members. The plan is to keep them in PDP to scatter the party from withing while the others that have decamped openly fight for their collective interest in APC. You can see the level of criticism being dished out daily from "PDP members" on GEJ's administration. Don't you think if they had all moved fully to APC that would have given PDP the chance to recover and reorganise their strategy for 2015? Its like cancer, they left few lumps withing the PDP body to keep pestering it till its final death.. I hope GEJ/PDP understands this game.
A very insightful observation!
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Kingsley1000(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian: Suggest one Igbo man that should be given the ticket. I thought Igbos already said Jonathan is the only Igbo candidate. Some have also suggested Igbos should wait till 2019 when GEJ handover to them.
there are many igbos that 're more competent and intelligent to be there..likes of soludo,dora akuyiri,ekweremadu,among others...in Apc,don't underestimate somebody like NGIGE,he's a diplomat..even rochas/annie okonkwo are equal to the task
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by donphilopus: 7:57am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian: It was sexkillz who forced me to do that. It took me eight days to create 65 monikers. All with the same password. I wrote all my monikers down and stick it to the wall.
U no go cari laugh kill me ooo
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by donphilopus: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian: He used to condemn APC but shame won't let him join us now. Now he knows PDP is about to become a SS/SE regional party.
SS or SE?? Presently out of the 11 states in the 2regions, PDP controls 7.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by donphilopus: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2013
This is the same man that said "Jonathan is like a madman in the petrol station with a lighter".
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by matzoro(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2013
PDP is currently scaling through its worst crisis yet,
APC's shloud enjoy taunting PDP now cos when dia own begins...
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by donphilopus: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2013
Lamido noted that it was sad that people resort to insults and abuse when one does not do what they think should be done.
The likes of PDP E-warriors!
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2013
DerideGull:

Typical Yoruba!!! grin grin
Yet you use Dede 1, Deluded Gull.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2013
berem: Only you have 65 monikers? You and musiwa should be in the race for highest record of monikers owned by a nairalander. Lord have mercy on your soul. tongue
Blame it on Sexkillz. He was always on a ban spree on a select group. Now he is out. I prophesy to you, the Sexkillz you see today you shall see them no more.
Re: APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido by Brimmie(m): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Military Needs Major Upgrade / FG To Concession Lagos - Ibadan Expressway / I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.