Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido (1943 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Ayed44: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State,
yesterday, said that he was not interested in
contesting the 2015 presidency, laying to rest,
insinuations that he would heed to the call by the
former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, to
challenge President Goodluck Jonathan for the ruling
People’s Democratic Party, PDP, ticket.
Members of the National Assembly from the state,
among other personalities from all walks of life, had
asked Lamido to vie for the highest political office in
the land, citing his achievements as governor of his
rural state as reasons for their campaign for him to
heed their advice.
In an interactive session with newsmen in Dutse, the
state capital, Lamido said he felt flattered by the call
from eminent Nigerians for him to run for the
election in 2015, but said that the atmosphere was
not conducive for him to contest.
He said: ”I must say that I am impressed with the
support these people are giving me. I feel flattered
that of the 170 million Nigerian population, I was
chosen by some people to occupy the number one
seat in the country.
“I still do not see a conducive environment to declare
my aspiration, but I thank them sincerely for their
care and concern,” he said.
On his performances in office as governor, he said:
“Jigawa State deserves the best and I gave the
maximum I can in the last seven years because I
sustained development and built strong institutions
in the state.”
He said the collective efforts of Jigawa indigenes,
resource persons and other stakeholders gave him
the courage to execute developmental projects in the
state.
The governor said his government carried out the
projects without borrowing a single kobo as loan
from either banks or anybody and commended the
people of the state whom he described as good
ambassadors and partners in progress for their
support and cooperation. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/im-interested-2015-presidency-gov-lamido/
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
If he has indeed backed down. Then OBJ must have convinced and persuaded him.
Only he can successfuly do that.
Meanwhile, GEJ will beat him hands down in PDP Presidential Primaries.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by 80million1: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
So?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by 80million1: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Let me put a call through to him and confirm.
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by gunuvi(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
even if you contest you will loose as its gej till 2019.
shikena

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by gramci: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
God bless President Goodluck Jonathan

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by tomakint: 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
My APShit niggas will not like this good news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by RockMaxi: 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lol, Lamido is a rocking chair "going front and backward with no real movement". grin

GEJ is a subtle warrior, strive with him at your own risk.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by psucc(m): 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lamido had given a new definition to development: executing projects without borrowing.

Upon all the billions that comes to Akwa Ibom State, the Gov still go cap in hand begging and borrowing from every ton and dick and yet, it is difficult to pay salaries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Brahms(m): 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
tomakint: My APShit niggas will not like this good news
Sure it's a Good News for you GEJ Sycophants.. Niqqa be making y'all Cankerworms shìt in your Panties! grin grin

8 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Longeria(m): 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Coward

Fear fear.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Amanwulu1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
I don see am say environ no clear b4. It's only apc sycophants wey no see am. Dem dey rejoice like say no b dem dey shout 4 change. Dem never tell us wetin dem dey look for. It's either they are confused or they're sychophants.
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
good,maka ndugi,gi na umugi ezuka
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by focus7: 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
This man must have received threat and intimidation to expose his corruption.
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by 99100(m): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
When Bamanga told you and your allies to back down for GEJ u were totally against that view but now u are 'willingly' accepting to back down.

Why na ? I thought u were the 'founding fathers of PDP'

Continue dey fight GEJ till 2019 na.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Orunto: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
I...........tolenda.
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
This is an unfair editorial judgement. The casting of this headline is significantly flawed.
There is no mention of his backtracking on the 2015 presidential election.
Sai Lamido.....no shaking grin
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by fkaz(m): 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ops keep on deceiving your self and your type, we are in september and not may, I don't know what you are scared off?

Lamido will contest the primary and if that is what is going to break up the party, let it be.

https://www.nairaland.com/1880053/2015-sule-lamidos-entry-rattles#25886719

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by scribble: 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
fkaz: @ops keep on deceiving your self and your type, we are in september and not may, I don't know what you are scared off?

Lamido will contest the primary and if that is what is going to break up the party, let it be.

Delusional much?
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by pelvicky(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
He is a good governor,, i love him..but he shd not contest for the presidential post against Gej....cos its GEJ TILL THY KINGDOM.

Lesson to all APC states governor: see beta man doin wonders withouth borrowing...but apc! Oh my gud God...borrowing as if na deir papa money dem use to built government house..e.g lagos,osun,etc
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Ayed44: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
fkaz: @ops keep on deceiving your self and your type, we are in september and not may, I don't know what you are scared off?

. Lamido is smarter than u can imagine. Lamido understands politics far more than d self acclaimed progressives. He will never contest a primary election with d incumbent, for he knows dat will send his political career to an untimely grave. Some sycophants who called themselves his supporters almost successfully dragged him to contest d primaries with the incumbent governor Saminu Turaki in 2003 when the latter was seeking reelection as Jigawa governor, but the man was smart enough to wait for 2007. If u want to know d consequences of daring d incument, go and ask Chief Bernabas Gemade and Atiku. Atiku's presidential ambition pushed him to dare Obasanjo and he became a political orphan and he is still paying for it till today. Gov Lamido is only positioning himself to be in a better position to take over frm Jonathan in 2019.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2014
Lamido get brain sha. Anyone running against GEJ is just committing political suicide

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by fkaz(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2014
Ayed44: .

My friend what you post up there is stale gist, that was 6month ago, You are fooolin the gullible once. this is the recent news about sule lamido presidential ambition.

Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by omenka(m): 9:53am On Sep 08, 2014
Keneking: This is an unfair editorial judgement. The casting of this headline is significantly flawed.
There is no mention of his backtracking on the 2015 presidential election.
Sai Lamido.....no shaking grin
You beat me to this!! Some Nigerians could be dafter than an anencephalous!!

How does..
I still do not see a conducive environment to declare my aspiration, but I thank them sincerely for their care and concern.
equate to saying "I'm not interested in..."??.

And by the way, why are some people jubilant over this? gringrin. I thought their god, GEJ, can defeat Obama even in US!! grin
Re: I’m Not Interested In 2015 Presidency — Gov Sule Lamido by la1(m): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2014
the article quoted by OP was published in may...circumstances may have since changed.

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation / Rehabilitating the Haramites and GEJ's greatest mistake - CramJones / Presidency Orders Ekiti Courts Shut Until After Fayose’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.