Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP (28798 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by 1United1: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUBTLE trouble is brewing at the Presidency over the last-minute decision of Jigawa State Governor, Dr. Sule Lamido, to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan in next year’s presidential election.
The two-term governor’s decision is said to have rattled President Jonathan and the party, which had long concluded that the race would be a straight fight between the president and others from the opposition parties.
In fact, given its internal permutations, the PDP believes that Jonathan would have a smooth sail to the election, as no other candidate would be able to challenge him and get victory at its planned national convention, which some see as a mere formality for the incumbent to be crowned.

Lamido
However, Saturday Vanguard gathered from very reliable Presidential sources that there is apprehension in the Presidency following the confirmation of Lamido’s plans.
One of the sources said that the Presidency and the PDP had initially dismissed the rumoured ambition of the governor with the hope that it was mere speculation that would fizzle out with time.
A reliable source said that based on the information that Lamido had concluded plans to run for the presidency, Jonathan immediately summoned him to the Presidential Villa to clear the air on the issue.
One of the sources said that Jonathan was shell shocked when Lamido stormed the Villa recently and told the President openly that he was keen on running in the next polls.
“At that point, the President was shocked to hear from Lamido that his presidential ambition should not be seen as mere rumour, as he had made up his mind to run against him,” a presidential source said.
“The way Lamido spoke with the President showed that he was not ready to back down from the race and the way he spoke about the matter was a bit unsettling to Mr. President, who had all along regarded him as one of the governors, who could not move against him,” the source explained.
Lamido was said to have told the President that he had made up his mind to contest against him in the next polls despite a deliberate attempt by forces opposed to his ambition to frame him and his children up.
The governor, it was learnt, told the President that he was upset by the frequent embarrassment of his children by some agencies of government over allegations that one of them passed through an airport without declaring $40,000 in his possession.
He is said to have also drawn the president’s attention to the fact that there was a deliberate attempt by government agencies to tarnish his family’s image all in a bid to make him drop his presidential ambition but that he was not ready to back out of the race.
The action of the governor is said to have angered the Presidency, which promptly reported him to the National leadership of the PDP and asked it to call him to order.
It was learnt that Lamido was emboldened to go for the top job by some of his governor friends and  prominent Nigerian leaders, who are uncomfortable with the way things are going in the land.
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is a friend and father figure to Lamido.
Almost at the same time early in the month, documents began to fly about that Lamido received gratification of N1.3 billion from two contractors, who had completed two projects valued at N13 billion.
Although an EFCC agent admitted last night that the agency had been investigating the Lamido family for a long time, he denied that the information on the N1.3 billion bribe allegation was instigated by the Presidency.
“Let me tell you that since we arrested Lamido’s son at the airport over non-declaration of $40,000, our operatives have been investigating the family’s account and it is not at the instance of the Presidency as some people are alleging,” the EFCC official said.
But confronted yesterday to confirm or deny his rumoured ambition, Lamido declined to make a categorical statement on the matter.
The governor however foreclosed the possibility of going to the Senate as is the practice of most of his outgoing colleagues.
According to him, the atmosphere for him to become president is not yet there, adding that it is better for him to seek a higher office than to go the legislature to make laws after implementing laws passed by others for eight years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/2015-sule-lamidos-entry-rattles-presidency-pdp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by 1United1: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
Now the Problem of PDP starts!

Stay Calm and Love APC! tongue

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
1United1: Now the Problem of PDP starts!

As it was in the days of ATIKU so shall it be in the days of Sule lamido!!
Try hard u will but clinch the pdp ticket u will not! Mark my word!!
But he would be consoled by sparing his thieving sons from ........

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Moredew(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
I pray this becomes true.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
In Obasanjo's voice..... I dey laugh!!

grin grin

30 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by SUBMARINE: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
1United1: Now the Problem of PDP starts!

Funny clown grin

21 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by drestoneokuta(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Watching cool
Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good for democracy

Jonathan will still beat him

Jonathan beat Atiku let alone Lamido

Incumbency talks!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by MrMcJay(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Why is the presidency rattled? If Jonathan had done his job as he should, why is he now afraid?

Even the dumb thugs in the Presidency know that GEJ's performance is worse than mediocre and any contender would beat him like a drum at the polls.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by 1United1: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
mikeansy: Good for democracy

Jonathan will still beat him

Jonathan beat Atiku let alone Lamido

Incumbency talks!

Bros, we are looking at the massive distaste that would follow after the expected acrimonious primaries! Think!!

You can't just but Love APC! We are real Master Strategist!

Keep Calm and Watch PDP disintegrate!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Dreal1247: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Who is this Lamido?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Dreal1247: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is the person that Obj was pushing to become the Vice President. He will just loose the chance of going to the Senate. Some people, if given the opportunity will pluck Gej out of Aso Rock. Born-to-rule.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by MyIncorp: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
I'm not a fan of GEJ or PDP, but I don't see Lamido as a threat with the arsenal at GEJ's disposal being the incubent. #9ja politricks. However, the party hierachy should ensure a level playing field for any aspirant wishing to vie for any post.

STOP PRESS! Click Here to Register a Company in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by 1United1: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dreal1247: This is the person that Obj was pushing to become the Vice President. He will just loose the chance of going to the Senate. Some people, if given the opportunity will pluck Gej out of Aso Rock. Born-to-rule.

Emotional outburst that has nothing to do with reality? Why is your Oga afraid of primaries? grin

21 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Papertrail11(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Anybody but Jonathan reallly to me northerns will vote dis guy hands down over jona.......its sure bankr apc are gonna producer a norther pdp will also try and produce a northerner...too eey cant afford to loose dis tyme...

errbodi is tyred of jona no moni and the economy is down during his tyme wat will hav3 during shagaris tyme will repeat itself

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dreal1247: Who is this Lamido?

My brother na one Donkey riding, Carmel loving descendant of usman dan fodio o! Whose only CV is born to rule.

Its even shameful that someone like sule lamido can come out to challenge my humble president. The best president to emerge in hell hole called Nigeria. In a saner climes he should bury his face in shame. If the North where he comes from is engulfed in boko haram killings , what has he done personally to meet shekau and dare the consequences to help bringbackourgirls and to convince someone like me that he deserves my vote since the military seems divided along religious lines to fight headlong and defeat shekau and jihadists

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by priscaoge(f): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Papertrail11: Anybody but Jonathan reallly to me northerns will vote dis guy hands down over jona.......its sure bankr apc are gonna producer a norther pdp will also try and produce a northerner...too eey cant afford to loose dis tyme...

errbodi is tyred of jona no moni and the economy is down during his tyme wat will hav3 during shagaris tyme will repeat itself
Are U kidding me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Gayigaskia(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

My brother na one Donkey riding, Carmel loving descendant of usman dan fodio o! Whose only CV is born to rule.

Its even shameful that someone like sule lamido can come out to challenge my humble president. The best president to emerge in hell hole called Nigeria. In a saner climes he should bury his face in shame. If the North where he comes from is engulfed in boko haram killings , what has he done personally to meet shekau and dare the consequences to help bringbackourgirls and to convince someone like me that he deserves my vote since the military seems divided along religious lines to fight headlong and defeat shekau and jihadists

What was GEJ CV?

32 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Moredew(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

one of the many directionless ppl on NL.

35 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
1United1:

Bros, we are looking at the massive distaste that would follow after the expected acrimonious primaries! Think!!

You can't just but Love APC! We are real Master Strategist!

Keep Calm and Watch PDP disintegrate!

APC has already lost 2015 election

20 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by iceberylin(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
who cares

**continues watchin Man U loss**grin

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by size38: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
When has contesting against a sitting president in Nigeria become a crime? PDP will continue playing this kind of dirty politics until they naturally kill d party.

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by maximunimpact(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
grin smileyHere comes another noise maker :DHere comes another noise maker

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by uken73(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is a strong one. 2015 would pose lots of Surprises. This is just the beginning.

Atiku has said he is RUNNING in 2015.
Kwankwaso is also RUNNING....
Buhari is RUNNING as well...
Goodluck Jonathan will RUN...
Amaechi said he has interest in RUNNING.
Oshiomole is set to declare his interest to RUN.
Rochas Okorocha is also set to RUN.
Tambuwal is ready to RUN too.
And now Lamido also wants to RUN.

My questions are:
1. Where are they RUNNING to?
2. Who is pursuing them?
3. Do we have Olympics in Nigeria in 2015?
4. Is it 100m or 200m race? Abi na Marathon?
5. Which stadium are they using?
6. What about you reading this, Won't you RUN?

Please after reading this ...start RUNNING and don't look back..Because me too am also running.

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by naijaobi(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sule Lamido? Beat Jonathan? Lolz. Its just like saying Rochas will beat Buhari in the APC presidential primaries. grin
Btw, hope he knows we are in the season of impeachment.

Anyway sha, most news from vanguard are always lies.

15 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by rattlesnake(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
He Is irrelevant as long as Nigerian votes are for sale..EBELE can pay but lamidodo cant

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by vedd: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
MrMcJay: Why is the presidency rattled? If Jonathan had done his job as he should, why is he now afraid?

Even the dumb thugs in the Presidency know that GEJ's performance is worse than mediocre and any contender would beat him like a drum at the polls.
You did a real good job at sweetening the bitter truth! grin

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by psyqs(m): 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dreal1247: Who is this Lamido?

Are u a Nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by dridowu: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Honestly 2015 election will be interesting , so many decamping will be on. If Lamido can play his game very well not like harlout Atiku then he may get the pdp nomination but that will be very diffucult contest against the incumbent.
Jah Bless

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP by segradino(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
How?

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Sold Fraudulent Muslim-Muslim Ticket To Us, Now Muslims Are Bombed - Yusuf / Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today / Sen Andy Uba Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.