Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday (8643 Views)

FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians / The Catalyst For Imminent Collapse Of The Health Sector In Nigeria / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by whosefault(f): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
una ney dey tire for strike. this is why africa is backward. out of 24h in a day, their input to work is 4-5h. how do we develop?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by drnoel: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
eko ileee: After ASUU, what's next? Medical doctors..

A Nation on the brink............
I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it, I said it...
I knew this will be next.

This time fg can´t order doctors to go back to work like he did 4 ASUU

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Demdem(m): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Profayo: The fg can't b trusted again

Exactly. The same old reason.

Jonathan refusal to honour agreement.

Again, am in support of doctors unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Sohot1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Foolish govt headed by a non-entity....
Yall need to see d bad condition of nigerian doctors despite all d numerous sacrifices they make day-in, day-out.

The future is certainly bleak for this nation, as things stand now!
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by rash47(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
This govt. Is about to be shutdown.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Sohot1(m): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
whosefault: una ney dey tire for strike. this is why africa is backward. out of 24h in a day, their input to work is 4-5h. how do we develop?

THIS IS A SENSELESS POST!
Do you knw how many hours on d average dat doctors work in a week?....Certainly not comparable to many jobs.

Get it right pls!
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Profayo: 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly. The same old reason.

Jonathan refusal to honour agreement.

Again, am in support of doctors unfortunately.

Dats exactly why ASUU resumption is being delayed.
The fear of unfulfilled promises
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Naijamericana: 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
eko ileee: The doctors have threatened to resume their nationwide strike.

This is sad... undecided
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by dasparrow: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ayomax: if i tell u say nig neva tire me, then i lie pass devil

Me too.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by agabaI23(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
vicoloni: A word is playing on my mind. INEPTITUDE.
Yea like the APC presidential candidate

It should be recalled that ASUU had battled the Buhari/Idiagbon regime’s policy of retrenchment of workers and freezing of wages; gave support to the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) and the National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) when they went on their patriotic strike to rescue the deteriorating health services in Nigeria in 1984.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/18517-why-ASUU-is-always-on-strike.html
APC should shut up
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by touch4mony: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
sorry NMA GEJ cant do anything for u now cos nigeria itself is on strike now

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by texazzpete(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Again the doctors want to proceed on strike because the FG has FAILED to live up to their part of the agreement!

This is what we're always talking about. We're not interested in Presidential meetings with strike leaders or empty promises from Okupe and Abati. I'm tired of this crap, when will the FG ever do the needful?!

When the NMA goes on strike, watch Nigerians start babbling about 'heartless doctors'.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by MeAboki(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Come oO, there is something strange about this round of dispute; the doctors seem to be hiding their claims wrapped up in cotton wool, why can't they spell out their demands so that the general public can see and judge whether their expectations are reasonable or not - just saying.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by IYANGBALI: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
My unborn baby that is inside my womb,I hope you are reading this, come now or stay there until they call off their strike,your papa no get money for me to deliver you for private hospital o,if you come during the strike oyo be your name,I don warn you
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by chessguru1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
grin
Hahahahaha didn't bother reading after the 1st paragraph.
Nigeria!!! Bunch of clowns. I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ knew that after the ASUU stunt, every tom, dick, and harry will want to go on strike.
After all, ASUU got fg to agree to all demands without a compromise.
They will claim they are fighting for their sectors, but the truth is they are fighting for themselves and the selfishness of their union.
Follow follow mentality.
Next up...National Association of Beggars grin

NB:
Pls abeg, who knows when engineers are going on strike too. Doctors are complaining and I don't know what we should be doing.
I have never seen a doctor writing aptitude test. They are one of the most employable set of people ave seen. Even in the university, they are given the most preferential treatment. The amount they make doing housmanship only ehh.grin
But It is said that the mistake of a doctor can kill a person, but the mistake of an engineer can kill millions. Yet you don't hear us making noise.
I assure you its not becos we lack a voice or ginger (something that is our natural trademark) but becos everyone CANNOT COMPLAIN and talk at the same time. And also as engineers, the end result of all we do is for the benefit of humanity (irrespective of the gains that may follow)..I believe its time doctors reassessed their moral stance and position if they are willing to let people die J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ to gain whatever it is they claim to be fighting for
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Samgreguc(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
What are their demands? Some1 shud tell me pls.
For those shouting Agreement, no agreement have being done yet.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by IYANGBALI: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
rash47:

This govt. Is about to be shutdown.
I can't wait

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Peaceworld(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigerian doctors are not the only healthcare professionals in Nigeria...the country is falling apart and Healthcare is in shambles...strike will not do anything and we all know it...this is just putting the lives of the poor, who have nothing to gain from any strike, in a more difficult situation than it already is...NIGERIAN DOCTORS ARE SELFISH AND SELF-SERVING...period. And there won't be any collapse of health service...these guys are always thinking they are the only medical professionals around...it's so pathetic. It's only JOHESU that can cause collapse of healthcare in Nigeria if they go on strike.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by heykims(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Peaceworld: Nigerian doctors are not the only healthcare professionals in Nigeria...the country is falling apart and Healthcare is in shambles...strike will not do anything and we all know it...this is just putting the lives of the poor, who have nothing to gain from any strike, in a more difficult situation than it already is...NIGERIAN DOCTORS ARE SELFISH AND SELF-SERVING...period. And there won't be any collapse of health service...these guys are always thinking they are the only medical professionals around...it's so pathetic. It's only JOHESU that can cause collapse of healthcare in Nigeria if they go on strike.
See oponu, mongoloid.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by CircleOfWilis: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Peaceworld: Nigerian doctors are not the only healthcare professionals in Nigeria...the country is falling apart and Healthcare is in shambles...strike will not do anything and we all know it...this is just putting the lives of the poor, who have nothing to gain from any strike, in a more difficult situation than it already is...NIGERIAN DOCTORS ARE SELFISH AND SELF-SERVING...period. And there won't be any collapse of health service...these guys are always thinking they are the only medical professionals around...it's so pathetic. It's only JOHESU that can cause collapse of healthcare in Nigeria if they go on strike.
eyaJOHESU!
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by cuteboy2: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
skullbaba: My advice to Gej. He needs to man-up. You are the leader of your even when you wear wrapper and postrate to your wives at night. He need to be brave just like thatcher, lincon and other democrat. Democracy did not mean the leaders to be serene

And what exactly do "brave democrats" do when workers go on political strikes?
Go and revise your history lessons. Find out what Thatcher did to striking British union workers, then post what you discovered here for others to read.
I have always said it, Nigerians dislike a leader who treats them well and allows them democratic freedoms. They crave for a brutal dictator that will rub their nose in the dust.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by cuteboy2: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
THE HAND OF ESAU (DOCTORS)! THE VOICE OF JACOB (APC)
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Tobbie9(m): 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
texazzpete: Again the doctors want to proceed on strike because the FG has FAILED to live up to their part of the agreement!

This is what we're always talking about. We're not interested in Presidential meetings with strike leaders or empty promises from Okupe and Abati. I'm tired of this crap, when will the FG ever do the needful?!

When the NMA goes on strike, watch Nigerians start babbling about 'heartless doctors'.
They've already started
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Peaceworld(m): 2:34am On Dec 13, 2013
heykims:
See oponu, mongoloid.
I don't think you should be cursing me...why not prove that my statement is wrong, rather? The funny thing is this...Nigerian doctors want better civil services packages for themselves, but frown at other health professionals wanting better packages for themselves, even though these packages will never be equal. Look at the JUMP saga...it's so funny, really. Live and let live.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by cuteboy2: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2013
texazzpete: Again the doctors want to proceed on strike because the FG has FAILED to live up to their part of the agreement!

You are neither a university lecturer, nor a medical doctor. You are a known APC internet warrior. Yet you use phrases like "we're not interested in presidential meetings". If you are not a member of any of the striking unions, how does the word "we" come in? The answer is simple. Your principals APC are instigating labour disputes to achieve political objectives.
All the Agreements ASUU and NARD are insisting must be fulfilled in one day were entered into during OBJ's govt. If it was meant to be fulfilled in a day, why could OBJ not fullfil them in 8yrs he was in power?
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by niyitogun(m): 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
satowind: Nigeria self. Our leaders have killed us later we will complain of not being recognized after our effort in apartheid fight.
Gud luck wen this happens don't go on blaming it on other parties cause this one is on you.

Happy birthday to me

Happy belated birthday Sir!
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by niyitogun(m): 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
chess guru: grin
Hahahahaha didn't bother reading after the 1st paragraph.
Nigeria!!! Bunch of clowns. I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ knew that after the ASUU stunt, every tom, dick, and harry will want to go on strike.
After all, ASUU got fg to agree to all demands without a compromise.
They will claim they are fighting for their sectors, but the truth is they are fighting for themselves and the selfishness of their union.
Follow follow mentality.
Next up...National Association of Beggars grin

NB:
Pls abeg, who knows when engineers are going on strike too. Doctors are complaining and I don't know what we should be doing.
I have never seen a doctor writing aptitude test. They are one of the most employable set of people ave seen. Even in the university, they are given the most preferential treatment. The amount they make doing housmanship only ehh.grin
But It is said that the mistake of a doctor can kill a person, but the mistake of an engineer can kill millions. Yet you don't hear us making noise.
I assure you its not becos we lack a voice or ginger (something that is our natural trademark) but becos everyone CANNOT COMPLAIN and talk at the same time. And also as engineers, the end result of all we do is for the benefit of humanity (irrespective of the gains that may follow)..I believe its time doctors reassessed their moral stance and position if they are willing to let people die J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ to gain whatever it is they claim to be fighting for

All i see here is jealousy
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by heykims(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Peaceworld:
I don't think you should be cursing me...why not prove that my statement is wrong, rather? The funny thing is this...Nigerian doctors want better civil services packages for themselves, but frown at other health professionals wanting better packages for themselves, even though these packages will never be equal. Look at the JUMP saga...it's so funny, really. Live and let live.
I understand ur plight nd d angle from wch u re trying to prove ur point brother. Alas, medical doctors ain't d only health professionals nd they neva claim to be. All they re demanding is d fulfilment of an agreement earlier reached. Nurses, pharmacists, medical lab scientists etc go on strike too.
Healthcare delivery is a team work wch involves different cadets of healthcare givers viz d med docs, nurses etc. Its only unfortunate dt there will always be a leader wch falls unto d shoulders of d medical doctors for obvious reasons. I see no reason why other healthcare professionals like u (for I believe u re one judging from ur comments) have to be unnecessary jealous. When u go to hospitals, u see nurses beefing docs in fact I heard there's a course nursing students take in d university where I am where they re taught ow to behave (rudely) to doctors, and when u get to hospitals, u truly see those kid nurses have inherited d unfortunate trend on ground. I however like those male nurses though, u see signs of maturity in them when they relate wt docs, nd a few of d females esp those married or related to docs. The same applies to many other health professionals though to a minimal extent.
The ugly truth my brother is without d doctors, d health care system is down coz to a reasonable extent, d docs can still perform d functions of other cadets of health professionals wch is actually y they lead d team, abeg forget ur Jesus here.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Samgreguc(m): 8:24am On Dec 14, 2013
heykims:
I understand ur plight nd d angle from wch u re trying to prove ur point brother. Alas, medical doctors ain't d only health professionals nd they neva claim to be. All they re demanding is d fulfilment of an agreement earlier reached.
am sorry o bt, I can't recall any agreement they signed with the government. Pls, Let me know, if there is any.

Nurses, pharmacists, medical lab scientists etc go on strike too.
Healthcare delivery is a team work wch involves different cadets of healthcare givers viz d med docs, nurses etc.

Really? Its a team work and the doctors keep kicking against the progress of other health professinals?

Its only unfortunate dt there will always be a leader wch falls unto d shoulders of d medical doctors for obvious reasons.
am sorry bt, u sound like an educated illeterate.

I see no reason why other healthcare professionals like u (for I believe u re one judging from ur comments) have to be unnecessary jealous. When u go to hospitals, u see nurses beefing docs in fact I heard there's a course nursing students take in d university where I am where they re taught ow to behave (rudely) to doctors, and when u get to hospitals, u truly see those kid nurses have inherited d unfortunate trend on ground. I however like those male nurses though, u see signs of maturity in them when they relate wt docs, nd a few of d females esp those married or related to docs. The same applies to many other health professionals though to a minimal extent.
Nobody is jealous of you guys. You guys are only deteriorating the health sector by doing jobs which aint urs just bkos u were baked a little in them just as other were also baked a little in other fields aside theirs.

The ugly truth my brother is without d doctors, d health care system is down coz to a reasonable extent, d docs can still perform d functions of other cadets of health professionals wch is actually y they lead d team
an illiterate indeed! Can a doc., do d work of a pharmacist? Even the work of a pharmacologist they can't fully do.
If you must know bro, surgery is your only pride and apart from sugery, the doctor is useless.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by heykims(m): 9:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Samgreguc:
am sorry o bt, I can't recall any agreement they signed with the government. Pls, Let me know, if there is any.

Really? Its a team work and the doctors keep kicking against the progress of other health professinals?

am sorry bt, u sound like an educated illeterate.

Nobody is jealous of you guys. You guys are only deteriorating the health sector by doing jobs which aint urs just bkos u were baked a little in them just as other were also baked a little in other fields aside theirs.

an illiterate indeed! Can a doc., do d work of a pharmacist? Even the work of a pharmacologist they can't fully do.
If you must know bro, surgery is your only pride and apart from sugery, the doctor is useless.
guy, i need not trade words with u coz i already cud discern from ur comments so far dt u know nothing abt medicine nd its unfortunate u dont know dt u dont know, u re just an intimidated sheep, na inferiority complex dey taunt u nd ur mental power doesnt surf beyond d borders of Nigeria.
Anyway its neva too late to obtain a JAMB form nd go back for medicine.
NB: dont consider a part time for medicine is too noble to be studied in piece meals.
Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by Samgreguc(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2013
heykims:
guy, i need not trade words with u coz i already cud discern from ur comments so far dt u know nothing abt medicine nd its unfortunate u dont know dt u dont know, u re just an intimidated sheep, na inferiority complex dey taunt u nd ur mental power doesnt surf beyond d borders of Nigeria.
Anyway its neva too late to obtain a JAMB form nd go back for medicine.
NB: dont consider a part time for medicine is too noble to be studied in piece meals.
I wrote UTME and boldly applied PHARMACY. No mistake bro! I made proper enquiries from intellectuals of the various health professions b4 opting 4 Pharmacy unlike people like you who followed the bandwagons.
Keep insult aside and point out where am wrong with reason if ur mental power is above average.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Warn Of ‘imminent Collapse Of Health Services’ From Saturday by heykims(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2013
Samgreguc:
I wrote UTME and boldly applied PHARMACY. No mistake bro! I made proper enquiries from intellectuals of the various health professions b4 opting 4 Pharmacy unlike people like you who followed the bandwagons.
Keep insult aside and point out where am wrong with reason if ur mental power is above average.
No wonder u know so little abt d clinical world. Like i said, Im not trading words, so NO COMMENT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Semen Dropping During Excretion / Jiangang / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.