Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw (45964 Views)

RMD & Stephanie Henshaw, Chris Okotie's Ex-wife Pictured Together Hand In Hand / New Pics Of Chris Okotie's Ex-wife, Stephanie Henshaw / Stephanie Henshaw Opens Up On Her Break Up With Pastor Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ausbones(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2008
the bible encourages us that if you are a child of God(married & born again christian) and your wife becomes a 'pain in the neck', you must believe in God to put things right through prayers. Remember, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' As a child of God, DIVORCE IS NOT AN OPTION ! I 'm not clear about Pastor Okotie's case because we need to bear in mind that 'do not judge so that you may not be judge'. JUDGEMENT LIES WITH GOD ALMIGHTY.

I only expect men of God to lead by example and not mislead the followers.[quote][/quote]
you have well spoken dear
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by victorian(f): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2008
Leave Pastor Chris alone, he deserves to be happily married like every normal humans. For god sake, he is human and a man that has desires even though he is a Pastor. Or are alot of Pastor Chris haters jealous of his wife's beauty and sexy look? As for me, Pastor Chris should carry gooooooo, I wish him a happy married life, He deserves to be happy and to be wiht his new wife.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ajaabi(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2008
Look out for more juicy story on our darling celebrity pastor Okotie in editions of The Lyrics Int'l, your first music only magazine.
Book with your vendor in advance,
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by getbizidea(f): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2008
Let God forgive me if i am judging. I heard that pastor Chris new wife's first husband is still alive and as far as the bible is concerned he is not suppose to marry that woman. I don't know how true the story is.

getbizidea
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by victorian(f): 12:26am On Aug 26, 2008
Hi getbizidea, first am not a member of Rev.Chris church but like the bible said its a sin to remarry when one's wife or husband is still alive. I don't wish to contest the bible but i want us to look at this divorce issue in another light. Ok, lets take Stephanie his new wife for example? what if during her formmer marriage to her exhusband , she was always beaten, abused,infected with stds due to a randy husband and even when she has always been a loving and dutiful wife? ITS AN ASSUMPTION? So, should one still expect her to stay in such marriage ( for better , for worse?) till she eventually dies prematurely because she's maent to be with her husband,come what may.
  I have seen some wives abused by their husbands, some survive throughout the turbulent marriage , while some just pass on quietly and another category of such wives are lucky and wise enough to think fast and divorce the man. It happens.
  No one knows what Stephanie must have gone through during her former marriage except she, her ex husband and God , himself
No one should condem or judge them, because we don't know what they must have gone thruough in their respective former marraiges, only God knows. So, lets wish them luck and a happy married life. Because it aint easy marrying the wrong person and being a strong survivor afterwrads,
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by oluite(f): 9:58am On Aug 26, 2008
since d advent of gay bishops and such.pastors av ceased to become my watchwords.my advice is The word of God,d bible shld be our watchword.There is no need to be sentimental.To totally obey God's word is never easy.it takes the grace of God.so search ur heart n be sincere to ursef and ask n check wat the bible says.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by kreamiedol(f): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
oluite:

since d advent of gay bishops and such.pastors av ceased to become my watchwords.my advice is The word of God,d bible shld be our watchword.There is no need to be sentimental.To totally obey God's word is never easy.it takes the grace of God.so search your heart n be sincere to ursef and ask n check what the bible says.

word word word
i feel u, oro lo so
u get mouth, i'm with u
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by paddyman(m): 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2008
But Pastor is also a human being. Look it is not easy being married and then your wife left you alone for seven years. The temptations can be deafening on a daily basis, and all those tight mini-skirt girls on the front row every Sunday showing their laps. Marriage is a vow but men of God can release you from a vow, and its curses, that you cannot keep through their prayers for you unto the Lord. Haba you this man to remain in the cold for the next 40yrs, he no go dey easy o. And all these while the wife maybe enjoying herself to the fullest and couldn't give a damn about pastor. If Pastor should fall into temptation papers would be awash with the story. Which is better: Pastor marry of Pastor fall?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by getbizidea(f): 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
Hi Victorian,

God says in his word that he hates divorce, the only reason for separation is death. Marriage is for better for worse till death do you apart and that is why we must not jump into it anyhow. All that glitters are not gold, If you know the God that you serve the man can never kill you but God must surely help you because of the trust you have in him and arrest every situation for your sake. Patience and endurance are the key. Divorce and remarry may not be the best solution because you do not know the next person's xter. Divorce is violation of God's marriage covenant. Anybody that does that is already an enemy of God. The best solution is to submit to that man and God will fight your battle for you.

Remain marriageable
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ladoosh(f): 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2008
pls dont say what you are not sure about, you wont be any better than channels TV who went ahead to broadast what they were not sure about shocked

i can say confidently dat pastor chris was married before, but the wife left because the marriage hann't produced the fruit of the womb.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by sima(f): 5:49am On Sep 20, 2008
his wife is reli pwetty shocked
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by alveen(m): 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2008
unnnnnn, this one no be real pastor oooooo.if care is not taken this man will soon snatch beyounce from jayz, lol,
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by kellygirl(f): 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2008
d woman is really pretty,i love her dress.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by blesdman(m): 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2008
Hmm.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by duro: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2008
embarassedEven God Said we should judge ourselves so that we will not be judged.There's no reason for divorce inside the bible. It's only death that actually put an end to any marriage. My friend it's only death and God will judge any disobedient child of his. whether a Pope, a Bishop or a pastor. Remember God is no respecter of any man.Pastor Chris better repents before it's too late. These are signs of the end time of which every child of god must beware of.This man is confuse. No Credibility and no inner persuasion of his christian faith. Christianity is not about grammar , It's simply obeying the commandment of God, not trying to bend the rules to satisfy our passion and our flesh. I tell you God is not pleased because by this singular action , he could make some of God's children to derail.Setting a bad Precedence. God save his soul sad cry
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by amebono14: 4:25am On Jan 30, 2009
duro:

embarassedEven God Said we should judge ourselves so that we will not be judged.There's no reason for divorce inside the bible. It's only death that actually put an end to any marriage. My friend it's only death and God will judge any disobedient child of his. whether a Pope, a Bishop or a pastor. Remember God is no respecter of any man.Pastor Chris better repents before it's too late. These are signs of the end time of which every child of god must beware of.This man is confuse. No Credibility and no inner persuasion of his christian faith. Christianity is not about grammar , It's simply obeying the commandment of God, not trying to bend the rules to satisfy our passion and our flesh. I tell you God is not pleased because by this singular action , he could make some of God's children to derail.Setting a bad Precedence. God save his soul sad cry

there is no reason for divorce?u see,pple like u dat claim to know d bible know nothing,cos if u do,u will realise dat "adultery " can be a ground for divorce

if chris"s ex wife committed adultery,then yea he is free to divorce her,and if stephanie"s ex commited adultery too,she is also free to divorce him

and yes they can get married

all of u quoting d bible here and saying its  wrong for chris to get married,can u ple tell me honestly,how many of u obey Gods words from beginning to the end?how many of u keep to Gods words,wishes and commandments?none i suppose

so u pple should keep ur mouth and hands shut and go remove d scales in ur eyes first before removing chris"s or stephanie"s
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by GEW: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2009
amebo no.1:

there is no reason for divorce?u see,pple like u dat claim to know d bible know nothing,cos if u do,u will realise dat "adultery " can be a ground for divorce

if chris"s ex wife committed adultery,then yea he is free to divorce her,and if stephanie"s ex commited adultery too,she is also free to divorce him

and yes they can get married

all of u quoting d bible here and saying its wrong for chris to get married,can u ple tell me honestly,how many of u obey Gods words from beginning to the end?how many of u keep to Gods words,wishes and commandments?none i suppose

so u pple should keep ur mouth and hands shut and go remove d scales in ur eyes first before removing chris"s or stephanie"s
the Rev. Dr. Mrs has spoken. what is wrong in the guy marying a beautiful wife, all these envious people na the man send una to marry ugly sikira with oshogbo tribal marks? why the jealousy
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by walesz: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2009
I wonder if any of you guys go to church sef, talk more of know and understand what the Bible says. If you think that you don't need a pastor to explain things in the Bible and that you can know it yourself, then why would GOD ordain an office of the Pastor? You get the message upside down all by yourselves especially with all you guys saying that he can't remarry when his former wife is still alive. Everybody bar one person, conveniently didn't quote that scripture that says that a man or woman can divorce his or her spouse on the basis of adultery especially when the same scripture they have been quoting about no divorce is not far from the one above.

Well mi o, I'm not laying any claims to the fact that they divorced 'cos of adultery but just listen to the guy preach & see & know that a lot of pple & even a lot of pastors are not vast in the Bible and the eschatology of our times.

Just be careful with your claims especially when you don't know anything, otherwise you'll pay for something you could've easily avoided by just shutting your mouth (or is it tying your fingers so you don't type rubbish).
Remember that man in the scripture David instructed Solomon (on his death bed that is) to punish because the guy cursed David? Well as usual he trapped himself and Solomon justifiably killed him.

Be warned O, you don't curse, insult, abi abuse men who are ordained by GOD. How would you know them? Listen to what they say and if you are a born again christian you would know by default (cos the Holy Spirit will instruct you especially when you ask), otherwise you'll just be setting a lot of traps for yourself all by yourself every time in the name of fun or contributing to a thread in a forum.

A word is enough for the wise and as usual only a fool will see a trap and still take a plunge into it.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by bobbyjoe2: 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
there are reason for divorce whether pst or no pst.leave d guy joo.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Anabel(f): 4:16am On Sep 30, 2009
getbizidea:

Let God forgive me if i am judging. I heard that pastor Chris new wife's first husband is still alive and as far as the bible is concerned he is not suppose to marry that woman. I don't know how true the story is.

getbizidea

its not judgement , its what is in the BIBLE. may God help us to know the right path
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by verycute: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2009
yes, for insulting pastor chris, many more will be seen. I had there is no more money for tv, church going astray, no more money for politics etc. Pastor chris growing stronger, waxing stronger, from one country to another preaching.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by toluxa1(m): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2010
This is an utter disgrace as far as I am concerned. Clearly against the word of God. His wife is still alive an single. Sometimes I wonder what these so-called MOG read!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by denitro(m): 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
This news is really sad as I wonder how his congregation will feel bringing marital issues to its leadership.

Rev Chris Okotie's second marriage has sadly ended after only four years. The Head Pastor of Household of God announced in church a few hours ago after the last service that he has separated from Stephanie Henshaw whom he married in August 2008. He told his congregation that he wanted to be the one to break the sad news to them and hoped for their understanding. He also said there was no going back...that the marriage was over!

This is Rev Okotie's second failed marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burna Boy Reacts To Lady Advising Stefflon Don To Stop Posting His Photo / Toolz' Photo Not Taken At The Passport Office Because Her Hair Was Coloured / Beautiful Pictures Of Mercy Aigbe, Nollywood's Best Dressed Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.