Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? (16462 Views)

Does God Exist Within Or Outside The Universe? / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / We Live in a 3D World. The Spirit World is 4D Plus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Erukuomoibadan: 6:10am On Dec 13, 2013
I've never been a nerd or into
science,but i though of this question to
ask. I notice that people land on other
planets and when u see it they're just
walking around on it and it looks the
same as a map would show it. Which
makes me wonder,are we inside of the
earth ?
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2013
Humans live on the surface of the earth.

1 Like

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by JameyMaxwell(m): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2013
We live on the surface
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Mynd44: 6:38am On Dec 13, 2013
Go with the dude from mars.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by laykhorn(m): 6:49am On Dec 13, 2013
we live on the surface and it is gravitational force that keep us on it. The crust contains things you see when you dig the soil ranging from rock and rock particles to mineral resources

2 Likes

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2013
laykhorn: we live on the surface and it is gravitational force that keep us on it. The crust contains things you see when you dig the soil ranging from rock and rock particles to mineral resources

Thanks. Been searching for a picture to illustrate to him. I can't find any good ones.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Mynd44: 7:01am On Dec 13, 2013
aManFromMars:

Thanks. Been searching for a picture to illustrate to him. I can't find any good ones.
Ant walking/around on a ball illustration will help
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Mynd44: 7:02am On Dec 13, 2013
aManFromMars:

Ant walking around on a ball illustration will help
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
Ant walking around on a ball illustration will help
Hahahaha. True.

Op, hope your question has been answered.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dejt4u(m): 7:11am On Dec 13, 2013
laykhorn: we live on the surface and it is gravitational force that keep us on it. The crust contains things you see when you dig the soil ranging from rock and rock particles to mineral resources
yea. U are very correct.
If we are talking about the earth, 3 main components are involves;
1. The earth itself,
2. The earth surface, and,
3. The earth atmosphere.
Earth inhabitants only lives on the surface of the earth.. The earth atmosphere only enveloped the earth with gaseous particles and auroras which is of different layers(atmospheric physics).
I wil be very happy to enlight u more on earth atmosphere if u really need it

1 Like

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Tuntheycr7: 7:20am On Dec 13, 2013
They hav said it all. But you can still google it to get more info and may b pix.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by PastorOluT(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2013
Think of the earth as a powerful magnetic soccer ball and everything on its surface as tiny iron nails. Do you think the nails would fall off from the ball of magnet if placed at the bottom end?
Gravity is just like magnetic force in the sense that it causes objects to be attracted to each other. So going back to the magnetic ball analogy, imagine a tiny robot trying to escape from the ball by jumping away from it. What do you think will happen if it does not jump very far? The magnet will pull it back to its surface again.
That is what happen when we try to jump away from the earth, we get pulled back to its surface.

4 Likes

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2013
You can put the blame on our educational system for not knowing something so basic.

1 Like

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Mynd44: 11:53am On Dec 13, 2013
dorox: You can put the blame on our educational system for not knowing something so basic.
Your silliness is colossal

4 Likes

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
Your silliness is colossal
Why don't you address the point I made about our educational system instead of just opening your mouth to say rubbish? You must be living in denial if you think what I said is silly.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by mumumugu(m): 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
I live under the earth
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
mumumugu: I live under the earth

You no fit live underneath the earth, you will be crushed under its weight grin grin grin
Neither can you live on its surface because you will fall off. shocked shocked shocked
But you can live inside where it is warm and you wont be crushed by its weight neither would you fall off into space. grin.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Areaboy2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Its really nice to see someone ask a genuinely honest question. See how everyone is happy to help and answer too..

If all of Nairaland was like this, Nigeria for don better pass Europe sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Mynd44: 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
dorox:
Why don't you address the point I made about our educational system instead of just opening your mouth to say rubbish? You must be living in denial if you think what I said is silly.
Read the first sentence of the OP's question
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Areaboy2(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
dorox:

You have no idea how old the OP is and the first thing you run out with is educational system without answering the question..

Since you are educated. Please tell me why the earth is Spherical.. aka "round" undecided
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
Read the first sentence of the OP's question
I have and therein lies the problem, to think that one has to be a science nerd to understand basic science. It is just like saying you don't know how to add fractions because you are not a math enthusiast.
The concept of gravitational force is well understood by primary school kids in many other countries.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Mynd44: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
dorox:
I have and therein lies the problem, to think that one has to be a science nerd to understand basic science. It is just like saying you don't know how to add fractions because you are not a math enthusiast.
The concept of gravitational force is well understood by primary school kids in many other countries.
And now for him to admit that he does not know, he is wrong. Or perhaps, he was more interested in arts while the teacher was busy babbling and that makes the whole education sector a failure? If the sector failed, how come some know it?

Now he has admitted that he does not and he wants to understand and you find nothing better to do but show you backside. You are worse. Hypocrisy at the peak.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chillax guys, I understand where dorox is coming from, though that was harsh. Truth be said though, even some science students might not know this. grin

Make una chill abeg.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
Area_boy:

You have no idea how old the OP is and the first thing you run out with is educational system without answering the question..

Since you are educated. Please tell me why the earth is Spherical.. aka "round" undecided
The op implied that it takes being a science nerd to understand such a simple concept, that was why I responded the way I did. Moreover, I did answer the op with the use of a very simple illustration in my first reply.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
And now for him to admit that he does not know, he is wrong. Or perhaps, he was more interested in arts while the teacher was busy babbling and that makes the whole education sector a failure? If the sector failed, how come some know it?

Now he has admitted that he does not and he wants to understand and you find nothing better to do but show you backside. You are worse. Hypocrisy at the peak.
Had the op asked the question without trying to justify his ignorance i would not have reacted the way i did.
I was not being hypocritical, just showing my dislike for the celebration of mediocrity our society has become used to.
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by ignis: 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Erukuomoibadan: I've never been a nerd or into
science,but i though of this question to
ask. I notice that people land on other
planets and when u see it they're just
walking around on it and it looks the
same as a map would show it. Which
makes me wonder,are we inside of the
earth ?

Guy, take a look at the globe, we are on the surface of the earth. We are directly on the crust, beneath the crust is the mantle and beneath the mantle is the core. The mantle and core are characterized by great heat that no living thing can survive there.

1 Like

Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by 3Dimension: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2013
@ OP u already hv the answer.
dorox: You can put the blame on our educational system for not knowing something so basic.
After u gave a gud answer in ur previous post u then crown it with this?

Are u not a product of the education system how come u know this [i] basic [i] thing?
Re: When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ?? by dorox(m): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2013
3Dimension: @ OP u already hv the answer.
After u gave a gud answer in ur previous post u then crown it with this?

Are u not a product of the education system how come u know this [i] basic [i] thing?

Nigerian educational system like many other aspect of the country has failed not because it doesn't provide a measure of service, but because it doesn't provide enough of it to be fit for purpose. Our country is poor even though we have some rich people, our roads are bad even though you can still point to some good stretch of roads, PHCN cannot be relied upon even though they can still sometimes surprise you with a spell of 24hr light.
I hope you see the picture now. The failure of our educational system doesn't mean that a few people from the system will not understand basic science, rather it means those who are able to understand basic science are now seen as science nerds.
I think I have made my reasons clear enough for what I said in the post you quoted and I still stand by it.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.