Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews (17793 Views)

Igbo-Jew connection / Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / I’m Sure, Igbo Are Descendants Of The Jews -noam Katz, Israeli Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by POPEII: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
mike404: did you listen to what he said
. No and I don't want to, Igbo are not related to Jews so watching that trash is pointless
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

seriously dude undecided

You can do better than that. .

You got a problem with my beiief?

I don't care!

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: You got a problem with my beiief?

I don't care!

#TeamGOM

That is not a belief.

It has no root in genetics as well.

You Igbos are Niger-Congoid peoples.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: You got a problem with my beiief?

I don't care!

#TeamGOM
hey Mr Jew... when r u moving to Israel? there are still pro Nazis everywhere

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by POPEII: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Absolutely not, I want Africans to be proud of who they are
next time bring your fulani brothers who claim coming from Somali, Saudi Arabia and Bagdad okay? angry angry so because of one confused, demented and deluded pseudo Igbo you want to say that +40.000.000 people are not proud of what they are and have inferiority complex? What of Fulani who think they are Arabs?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: Mumu. The world started from Israel! The Middle East.

Everybody originated from that land, The Igbos originated from Jews and that they have recognized!

Whay don't you go dig out your roots lost soul? undecided

#TeamGOM

I'm sorry to say this but you're a bad student of history. grin grin The world didn't start from Israel. That's ridiculous. undecided

I know you're going to refer me to your bible but know this, Israel started from Jacob and before Jacob was named Israel, there were many other nations.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Sexbadoo(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
hmmm...#end times things
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
WTF has the time or data to waste on this sh*t undecided

let igbo's be jews ol they want.

#PeaceOut
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by osystein(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
good for
them...
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by TabletMan: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
whats so special abt jew?i still remian my humble self representing my people from Nnewi-south.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by princemol: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
The Jewish God is called yahweh, but Igbo god is Omadioha! grin wat a correlation shocked
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by ibnakeem: 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

I'm sorry to say this but you're a bad student of history. grin grin The world didn't start from Israel. That's ridiculous. undecided

I know you're going to refer me to your bible but know this, Israel started from Jacob and before Jacob was named Israel, there were many other nations.
pls tell him to check if Abraham who is Jacob's Grandfather is from Isreal. Deluded phools
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Howmanage: 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
POPE II: why did you bring this trash on the front page ? You did that for people to laugh @ igbo right?
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by mike404(m): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: . No and I don't want to, Igbo are not related to Jews so watching that trash is pointless
AFAMEFUNA IS THAT YOU
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

You should know your onions whenever you wanna argue with me. Israel is Canaan, Garden of Eden is located in................. MUMU!

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Italiano1: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
osinachukwu: anywhere u see igbo u go sharply open the thread,igbo obsession go kill u,mumu oily man

Ah Oshinashuku my door mat- long time, can you kindly address my post instead of directing your frustrations at me kwa?

Am I the one that is making you lot a laughing stock by consistently rewriting your history and seeking to attach your tribe to people who you do not share any commonness?

Let me start by asking for your opinion- are Igbos Jews or Japanese?

What is your Jewish name? Is there a Jewish name for Amadioha? I have an open mind on this issue, you guys could be solving a mystery here that could potentially lead to a Nobel like discovery.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by natedroid: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
natedroid:
I am from Eastern Nigeria and I am Jewish, I had the honour of formerly converting to Judaism while I was out of the country and I know a number of Igbos in Nigeria and in Israel who practice Judaism and identify themselves as Jews.

Some Igbos believe that they are one of the lost tribe of ancient Israel as a result of the striking cultural similarities between the Igbo and Jewish cultures. For example, The Igbos are the only people in black West Africa who circumcise their male child on the 8th day after birth. The commandment of circumcision is a Biblical injunction and Igbos observed this practice even before the advent of the European expedition in West and and the coming of Christianity here.
There are other Igbo customs too that are very similar to Jewish customs. Over the years a number of Igbos who believe that they are descended from ancient Israel have embraced Judaism and started returning to Jewish practice (Judaism). and there are actually a handful of Jewish synagogues scattered across Nigeria.

Converting to Judaism under a recognized and legitimate Rabbinical court is one method of becoming fully Jewish. Personally I have been formerly converted by a Rabbinical Court and like other Jews in other part of the world I am recognized as a Jew irrespective of my colour and I am also eligible to migrate to Israel should I wish to since Israel was created as a homeland for the Jewish people and eagerly welcomes back home any Jew who chooses to live in Israel.

There is truth and light in the Torah! shalom

I AM PROBABLY THE ONLY JEWISH PERSON IN THIS FORUM . you guys should please hear me out. Some fractions of the Igbos claim Jewish origin BUT they don't qualify as Jews according to Jewish Law. A black tribe called the Falasha Jews of Ethiopia are recognized as Jews because they claim Jewish origin and secondly they observe and practice Jewish laws. ANY IGBO who claims Jewish origin BUT does not observe Jewish Law and isn't a convert to Judaism IS NOT JEWISH AND WILL NOT be recognized by the State of Israel or the Jewish people at large

The falasha Jews migrated to Israel decades ago, The few recognized Igbo Jews are just a few hundred of Igbos who today practice the Jewish religion.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
princemol: The Jewish God is called yahweh, but Igbo god is Omadioha! grin wat a correlation shocked
gods rule a paricular land or nation, Igbos ran away from Israel and settled in a part of Africa now know as SE Nigeria, then Amadioha was the god who ruled the SE. . . . The Igbos got there and had no option to worship him for letting them stay!

My Igbos originated from Bini, we migrated to SE in the ancient and settled in a land where a female goddess called ''Ogbuide'' ruled. . . We had a god in Bini but we had to worship Ogbuide, you get it now?

MUMU

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
Scorpionking: there was garden ofv eden on earth,those stories are metaphorical just so we can have some sort of closure.
although human existence on earth began in north eastern africa like Ethiopia,Egypt,Jordan,etc
You are an illiterate. SHIFT!

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Igbos are not jews..we are not jews and have never been.
Those phools like onwuka who use the term jews or zionist should be banished.
Phuck them with their inferiority complexes.

I am an Igbo man..i will die an Igbo man and if there is anything like reincarnation,i will be glad and proud to come back an Igbo man.

We are geographically placed in SE Nigeria for a reason and not isreal.

Phuck anyone branding us Jews.

We are Igbos and will be Igbos till the end of time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by benny4wax(m): 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
SO I AM A JEW, DANCING SKALE EWU.....

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: Mumu. The world started from Israel! The Middle East.

Everybody originated from that land, The Igbos originated from Jews and that they have recognized!

Whay don't you go dig out your roots lost soul? undecided

#TeamGOM

You GOM are nothing but a fvcking BABY!

Go to mama for a change of Pampers angry
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by tosan200(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
On one part ,some are embracing their Jewish heritage and some rejecting it.
O BOY THIS IS CONFUWUS NWA.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
gbosaa: Igbos are not jews..we are not jews and have never been.
Those phools like onwuka who use the term jews or zionist should be banished.
Phuck them with their inferiority complexes.

I am an Igbo man..i will die an Igbo man and if there is anything like reincarnation,i will be glad and proud to come back an Igbo man.

We are geographically placed in SE Nigeria for a reason and not isreal.

Phuck anyone branding us Jews.

We are Igbos and will be Igbos till the end of time.
The question is: How did the Igbos come to be??

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by vanstanzy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
AKUNWATA1: OVER TO MY SOUTH-WEST BROTHERS grin

O! u mean let the bashing begin. Cos thats whats going to happen, u know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
EyesWideOpen:

You GOM are nothing but a fvcking BABY!

Go to mama for a change of Pampers angry
I'm sure you just learnt that one insult today. Keep forwarding it boy, you only live once wink

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by oduaboy1: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: gods rule a paricular land or nation, Igbos ran away from Israel and settled in a part of Africa now know as SE Nigeria, then Amadioha was the god who ruled the SE. . . . The Igbos got there and had no option to worship him for letting them stay!

My Igbos originated from Bini, we migrated to SE in the ancient and settled in a land where a female goddess called ''Ogbuide'' ruled. . . We had a god in Bini but we had to worship Ogbuide, you get it now?

MUMU

#TeamGOM
You are moro'n,reread your post and see if it makes even an iota of sense to you.You first claimed ibo's originated from isreal then you changed to ibos originated from benin,Which one are we to believe between the two?

You are doing a great disservice to the ibo history by arguing ignorantly on a subject you know nothing of.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by vanstanzy(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
MajeMedia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv1mH3uCRM0

I have met few prouder igbo men

Where is bluetooth and co, to come and rip this thread apart. @op u posted this to cos katakata, right?
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
I dont know who is more deluded; the tribal men in around Papua New Guinea that believe Prince Philip is their god or Igbos that believe they are jews....

1) I find it laughable that SOME Igbo people ( People other African people respect for their pride and identity) continue to propagate this crap.

2) Jews don't claim to be Igbos (except this white Igwe grin grin grin), why should it always be the opposite?

3) If we are to overcome the shackles of inferiority complex, we need to identify more with our identity and tradition. It's not as bad as we think. grin

Is there any genetic evidence to back up the Jew/Igbo origin? However, if we desperately wanna associate with a 'successful group', there is something to comfort us; mankind started in Africa.

Jews, just like any other race originated from mother Africa. To then pinpoint the Jews' origin to a specific tribe without any genetic verification would be far fetched.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / The Moment On Inauguration Day Everyone Realized Michelle Obama Is A Man / Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.