Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (60971 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Kennyfancy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
chiefololade: So people in Polytechnics and Colleges of Education are not students?
yes dey ar nt student,,,idiot asking rubbish question
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nigerians want education at the quality obtainable at the likes of imperial college, yet they pay peanuts and still compain.
You guys are jokers.
Education in developed and very rich countries is still very expensive.
How much more Nigeria, that is still a poor 3rd world nation with problems of overpopulation?

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
fweshyboi:

Why don't you come back home... F__oo__l and face a viscinity where you see ligth for just 2hrs in every month and where you have to spend 4hrs on the road due to hold up/ goslow caused by the bad roads??

Have you ever asked yourself why these things that work in other places do not work in Nigeria?
In a place like Lagos where the Govt. has been able to fund a BRT transport system people still spend at least an hour for the nearest get around.
If you compare with other world cities, you will know that it is not the unavailability of public buses, but the very poor organisation of the bus system. Which is a product of poor education! The major cause of your "go slow" is actually linked to poor urban planning. Again poor education. The biggest failure is that nobody seems to have useful ideas of how to solve these problems, cause the education never focused on thinking and problem solving, rather we all passed exams.

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Olabang(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
More update
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
fweshyboi:

Why don't you come back home... F__oo__l and face a viscinity where you see ligth for just 2hrs in every month and where you have to spend 4hrs on the road due to hold up/ goslow caused by the bad roads??

[b]The abuses wasn't necessary. You have power for 2 hours or 24 hours, you're going to pay for the amount of power you use. If you get power for 2 hours and you get a bill of N1000 monthly, kindly note that when you get power for 24 hours you will be paying N12,000 per month.

Cos i know If PHCN should give you power for 24 hours and send you my monthly bill, you'll be at their office tomorrow speaking English with heavy grammar, letting all hell break loose. grin grin

That is the mindset of most Nigerians that everything must be handed over to the citizen free of charge. An example is Lekki toll plaza, only 1 in the whole of Lagos despite all the roads and infrastructure Gov. Fashola was building all over the place, yet Lagosians called the hard working Governor a fraud. "It's a scam", "The Govt is arresting us", "Fashola wants to restrict our movement", "the road is over inflated", "he owns the toll company" blah blah blah.

Even me self no even know wetin Nigerians want.
[/b]
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by 2good(m): 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
For my BSc education at Unilag in Nigeria, I paid 350 Naira from year 1 to year 3 and about 7,000 Naira for year 4 and 5 between late 90's to mid 2000. My 2 years MSc degree on the other hand, cost me 25,000 Euros (12,500 per year for 2 years) in tuition fee alone in The Netherlands. That is 5 million Naira for 2 a year program and it is relatively cheap compared to education in many other western countries like the US. Even though I had the education on full scholarship, I still admit that good education is certainly not cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Olril18:
and so what?? d fact that education is run like dat in the west does not mean it should be run like that here...it does not not neccesarily mean wat is good and working for them will work for us,or should work for us...
i doubt u will talk like dis if ur mum only income is from selling pepper
That is why you should be focused on asking the govt to support such people via student loans that will give them access to quality education and wean the schools off public funding , not excuse of an education that will leave them selling pepper on the road, even worse than their mothers.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
K.K Imoh:
IBB UNI. Lapai ,Niger state, for freshers = #52.500 excluding hostel acom0dati0n = #7000, tution fee for returning students / 2nd year = #34000
are a student of the school? just wrote my ijmb entry exam last week there... nice school
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
K.K Imoh:
IBB UNI. Lapai ,Niger state, for freshers = #52.500 excluding hostel acom0dati0n = #7000, tution fee for returning students / 2nd year = #34000
are you a student of the school? just wrote my ijmb entry exam last week there... nice school
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Emyben(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

what kind of nonsense is that?
indigene and non indigene for sch fees?
the indigenes no like school?
@OP, I rep my alma mater unizik: I still feel its the cheapest.
Paid 23,100(over all school fees) from year 1-6.

wow,,Ngozi,i graduated this year from Archi,unizik...i paid #20,100 as school fees per session

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Bleeze2: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
oau freshers as at last time paid is 45090. plus accommodation
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by emekaanijah(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
ansu for Freshers na 135k oooh 200lv my level na 106k gaan den 3rd year na 96... minus hostel for boys gaan....
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by dahaz(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
i use to think that the cheapest universities are in the north but was suprise at the low fees paid by uniben and oau....btw ebsu anambra state univ lasu na wa for una high fees ooo
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by ify84(m): 9:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
no be only Finland de give free education...

una never hear....

Imo state university na FREE....

FREE according to rochas sha... na dre I stop...
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by lafex: 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
According to the response of people the cheapest five unis are as follows;
OAU
UNIBEN
ATBU
ABU
BUK
while others are cost
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Olril18:
and so what?? d fact that education is run like dat in the west does not mean it should be run like that here...it does not not neccesarily mean wat is good and working for them will work for us,or should work for us...
i doubt u will talk like dis if ur mum only income is from selling pepper

Take a deep breath Bro and re-read your comment.

Your types are the problem with Nigeria. You want everything handed over to you for free. You demand so much from the Govt while you don't want to give anything back. You said in your own words "it does not not neccesarily mean wat is good and working for them will work for us"

Are you saying that electricity is good and working for them doesn't mean it will be good for us?

Pipe borne water? Good road network? A working education system? Administrative policies? Please clarify why they wouldn't work for us.

So it is good to adopt the good foreign policies/standards that benefits you and throw away the ones that requires you to give back to the system. I don't think your kids will be happy with you when they read this comment in the future.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
70% of strategic or specialized federal universities in Nigeria need to be privitized,while the state universities should remain under govt control to cater for the poor.
That's the only way the required investments necessary for the creation of top quality education that will drive the industrialization and civilization of our country will flow in.
The FG and various state govts should then create loans and scholarship schemes for students.
Until we go this path,our nation would remain a 3rd world habitat.

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
solomon111: 70% of strategic or specialized federal universities in Nigeria need to be privitized,while the state universities should remain under govt control to cater for the poor.
That's the only way the required investments necessary for the creation of top quality education that will drive the industrialization and civilization of our country will flow in.
The FG and various state govts should then create loans and scholarship schemes for students.
Until we go this path,our nation would remain a 3rd world habitat.

Thank you my brother. It's a sad reality Nigerians don't want to open their eyes to.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by karferguso(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Unilorin tution fee just got increased dis session.....For freshers......64,500 for non science stdnt.....70,000+ for science stdnt....excludin acceptance fee-#10k,hostel accomodation-#28k but d returning stdnt tution fee is about #20k+
N.B-Freshers were payin 37k b4 buh it got increased diz year cuz of pc tablet d schl intends
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by blakky97(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chomzy19: when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON
Abeg make u shotup u hear?
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
greenek001:

if u cant answer his question, jus ignore it, ur intro was very rude and unnecessary...

unilag= 53500 for nonscience courses and 55000 for sciences, acptance fee inclusive
thats just for year one students...i'm a year two student and i'm aware that year two to year 5 pay 15500 for sciences and 14500 for non sciences
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
ATBU Bauchi; #14,500 for returning And I think #20,000 for fresh ones
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by KKImoh: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Herjide: federal university of technology minna.... Fresher re to pay 37k excluding d acceptance fee which is either 20k or 25k for architecture and engineering students..... Den returning students re to pay 20k sha
lie
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by TeeCharis: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
OAU's Acceptance fee used to be #3,000 but was increased to #20,000 in 2011 which caused a clash btw the S.U. and School Authority which caused the school to be closed down for like 2 months.
I gained admission 2008 n paid #3,000 as Acceptance fees n #13,000 thereabout as Tuition fee.
Year Two, I paid #5,000 there about
Year Three, roughly #7,000
Year Four, same as year 3
During the course of my clearance, I realized I didn't spend up to #40,000 for Tuition.
Indeed OAU is OBA AWON UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pay less to get much more!!!!!
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by KKImoh: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
Starbank: are you a student of the school? just wrote my ijmb entry exam last week there... nice school
i got admision there to study Geology, so how did yr ijmb exam go'
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by iphoneloaded(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kano university of science and technology.

Indegines + Jigawa state:
Freshers: 18k
Returning: 15k

Non indegines:
Fresh: 40k - 45k
Returning: 38k
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by PaulSeun89(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
ayusco85: Em em which school do i attend self

.............Thinking seriously...................... Pls brb lemme check ma note book and admission letter.

**quickly rushes to his schl bag, checks his admission letter and sees he is schooling in UNIJOS.*****

Ehen where was i self? Unijos school fees used to be small o, like 7500 for returning students o, until some useless S.U.G officials watched as it was increased to 17500. Then another useless S.U.G officials allowed the schl to increase it to 27500. So now every student pay 27500, minus accomodation. But new students own reach 80k o, plus acceptance sha.

Really useless sets of SUG. When I remember I get angry.
Hostel accommodation also skyrocketed from #4,500 to #15,000.
Rubbish...
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by PaulSeun89(m): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
ayusco85: Em em which school do i attend self

.............Thinking seriously...................... Pls brb lemme check ma note book and admission letter.

**quickly rushes to his schl bag, checks his admission letter and sees he is schooling in UNIJOS.*****

Ehen where was i self? Unijos school fees used to be small o, like 7500 for returning students o, until some useless S.U.G officials watched as it was increased to 17500. Then another useless S.U.G officials allowed the schl to increase it to 27500. So now every student pay 27500, minus accomodation. But new students own reach 80k o, plus acceptance sha.

Really useless sets of SUG. When I remember I get angry.
Hostel accommodation also skyrocketed from #4,500 to #15,000.
Rubbish...
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by fweshyboi(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
I noticed that some people here feels everybody should be born with a silver spoon... You expect everyone should be able to afford the western life.. Don't you know the minimum wage there is far different from the one here in Nigeria.. Example.. In the US the minimum wage there is $7.8 /hr and you can work for 7hrs daily and that should be around $50 everyday which would be #7,500 in nairas.. And a Nigeria worker is receiving 18,000naira as a minimum wage.. Tell me how does such worker pay school fees for 2children in a state university of almost 80,000naira for each student for a session.. And don't forget such parent would still pay for hostel, feeding and handouts and may be practicals fee in the sch..spending over 240,000 on his children in school every year and his salary is just 216,000 yearly.. Tell me if not for God in this country.. How do you expect the poor to survive..

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
coogar:

a federal university? N150,000?
don't they have a student union body? that fee is highly ridiculous!
well the student union in uniport are jux basically useless.We pay 30k for one session,students that go on field trips pay evn more.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by frechy(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
ESUT 122,250 FIRST YEAR TO FINAL YEAR.....ACCEPTANCE FEE OF 25000
...WE EXPECT AN INCREASE FOR FRESHERS SHA
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by lufemos: 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Unilorin.........68050 for freshers and 1050 for acceptance fee, stalites pay less sha btw 18 to 25k, though dey said freshers will be given IPAD, but d question is WHEN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / Ondo SUBEB To Pay N290,470 As Annual Salary To A Degree Holder On Grade Level 8 / KSU Fresh Graduate Killed By Cow Few Days After His Pictures Went Viral (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.