Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (60936 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by zube01(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
anambra state university...ansu....sciences 150000...indigene nd otherwise

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chomzy19: when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON
Arrogancy
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by michade(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
LASU school of engineering fee is 298k for current freshers n 200..And other levels pay the total sum of 25k.....

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mehn! School in Naija is very cheap o compared to this place (Finland) u pay with yo ass- but quality.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Ezebuola(m): 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Enugu state university(ESUT)
School fees: N122,250
acceptance: N26,000
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by misterjosh(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Idacrux: UNN -55000 for freshers xcluding 25k acceptance fee
2nd yr-46,250
3rd yr-40K
Remember in the skul fee there is 12k internet service facility.
Sowie ao does d internet service work?
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by fweshyboi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
Allahugahlib: TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION IJEBU ODE. Tuition fee Indigene #79K Non-Indigene #94k.

100l going to 200l non-indigen pay.. 97k and 400l non idigene pay 58k and indigen pay 48k
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Shinelle(f): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nasarawa State Uni is between 18000-32000, cos dey av d Indigene/Nonindigene n den d arts/Socialsci/Sciences divide. And d school fees vary.. D cheapest being Indigene art student (18000k) or so..
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by opoke(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
lafex: ABU Average of N19000 from excluding acceptance fee for freshers and N7090 accommodation fee
This What Ir Expected of River State but Amaechi is busy fighting gej
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by yegbamee: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
ABU zaria, medicine N19,750 (excluding accommodation: N7,090)
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by indoorlove(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
Unibuja remedial- 30,300 fresher 28,500-30,000( depend on the course. Returning students- 21,500-23,000
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

[b]You want to fight for FREE TERTIARY EDUCATION? Are you serious or high on cheap drugs? Where does that happen? Believe me N100,000 per annum is so cheap, it's cheaper than Laboratory charges in international Universities.

You guys are quick to play the comparison card but you never verify your facts before betting on it. Government subsidize their local tuition fee yet it's 20 times more expensive than Nigeria Universities.

Local Students pay - N2,000,000+ per annum

International Students pay - N5,000,000+ per annum and this is not a luxurious university.

You should note that basic education is the right of every child but not tertiary education. Even the British themselves, only a few of them could afford a college degree. You have it better Bro, appreciate the Govt. effort to make education cheaper in Nigeria. People here become indebted after college, they spend the first 3 years of their working lives paying off college debts.

You don't know what you have until you've lost it.
[/b]
Bros am aware that tuition fee in countries like finland,iceland,germany and austrelia is free for their citizens.at a time they extended it to international students.i dont know how they managed to do that but i believe Nigeria can do the same

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by KKImoh: 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
Northern universities {both federal and state] are cheap walahi, look at uni.port, unn, lasu, uniben, ogun state uni.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by heykims(m): 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
Soyedele1: Lautech

Acceptance fee -- N20000
Indegene --- N65,000
Non indegene -- N72,500 or so (not sure)

I'm paying N40,000. My set is the last set that paid N40000

what set is urs plz?
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chomzy19: when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON
how i had wished that providence made u a child of one of our numerous beggars on the street, i probably believe u won't be saying this. have you ever bothered to ask urself why u surrender ur sovereignty to the state? the govt can't do this, the govt can't do dat... what then lies the essence of govt?
govt and public schools must be subsidised to a level that will guaranty equality and equity. if u must flaunt ur wealth then u must trace ur way to private universities.

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Blueboy146(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
See this yeye TASUED wey i just gained admission into.. The school no fine that much and i payed 30thousand 5hundred for the acceptance fee 30.5k. and also am gonna pay 80k for the tuition fee.. I for don pick better school self.. #Dad_fault tho!
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
Em em which school do i attend self

.............Thinking seriously...................... Pls brb lemme check ma note book and admission letter.

**quickly rushes to his schl bag, checks his admission letter and sees he is schooling in UNIJOS.*****

Ehen where was i self? Unijos school fees used to be small o, like 7500 for returning students o, until some useless S.U.G officials watched as it was increased to 17500. Then another useless S.U.G officials allowed the schl to increase it to 27500. So now every student pay 27500, minus accomodation. But new students own reach 80k o, plus acceptance sha.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by jfkenny(m): 7:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
unn acceptance fee 25k. hostel 9k. school fees 39k. depends on the dept. pls is this a fed uni. feel like crying for my alma mater
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by chi4ik(m): 7:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
chiefololade: So people in Polytechnics and Colleges of Education are not students?
pls take heart bro but d fact is that, University is a boss to poly $ collage of education.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by ik4life: 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Anambra state university (ANSU). Freshers - 139,000. 2nd year - 3rd years 106,000. Finals -86,000. Acceptance fee - 26,300

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by heykims(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
LAUTECH seems to be d cheapest state university in d south west.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by heykims(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
chi4ik: pls take heart bro but d fact is that, University is a boss to poly $ collage of education.
rude, uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by saleeman4(m): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
lafex: ABU Average of N19000 from excluding acceptance fee for freshers and N7090 accommodation fee

Abu dnt collect acceptance fee oo
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
heykims:
what set is urs plz?
2009 set
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Profeme: 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
Michael okpara university of Agriculture,umudike- #56500 - #60500 which include #15000 acceptance fee for freshers. While old students pay around #33k - #38k depending on your course. The hostel fee is 10k which is optional. This is 2013/2014 fees structure..
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by fweshyboi(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Blueboy146: See this yeye TASUED wey i just gained admission into.. The school no fine that much and i payed 30thousand 5hundred for the acceptance fee 30.5k. and also am gonna pay 80k for the tuition fee.. I for don pick better school self.. #Dad_fault tho!

Hey guy yu can kindly forfeit the admision and go back home..and for yur info Tasued did not beg yu to take dem.. Yur dad have his reasons for asking yu to choose dem... And am a grad from the sch currently serving in jos
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
i hate your guts. Very rude and unnecessary. How on earth would you compare education in nigeria with other developed countries. Besides, the OP has made the intention clear, why clamouring for unnecessary publicity? Guess you should be able to read between d lines.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
i hate your guts. Very rude and unnecessary. How on earth would you compare education in nigeria with other developed countries. Besides, the OP has made the intention clear, why clamouring for unnecessary publicity? Guess you should be able to read between d lines.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by chi4ik(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
My Unijos 2700 for returning students while new students is about 55000+. Acceptance fee 20,000 as of this section but I don't know of this coming section because school fees always increase in Unijos every Section. Great Jossite..........
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by tomber(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
If we dont wanna pay more for our education shudnt we then be slow to complain and compare ourselves with those who pay theirs. Hmmm. It a dilemma for developing countries. We want the best dat we can't afford.ASUU, gov and parents will keep challenging each oda till we get there.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by adejoro1988(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
ekiti state universty freshers 100k sciences....art & edu 95k
Bt accptance fees 32k..
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
OAU
Stalites;
Science, edu(science): #7800,
art, Edu(art), law, admin, sos science= #5600
Engineering, EDM= nt sure, around #11000,
health science= #around 13000
all students to pay a health insurance fee(TISHIP) of #1600 per session

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.