Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage (1002 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Hausa Girls / Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage by dorange(m): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2013
Am just wondering why is it dat it's rare to see an hausa marrying someone outside their tribe...u hardly see an hausa person marry an igbo or yoruba person......any reason why?
Re: Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage by mystery001(m): 2:48am On Dec 14, 2013
- Hausa muslim woman hardly marries a Christain. It is not allowed in Islam.
-The Hausa people are quite conscious of their culture. Marrying an outsider may be seen as dilution of the culture for the children.
-Hausa people are less travelled in search of good life or education to the South so there is less integration. The many tribes in North from the South may also have the have the integration problem
- However, many Hausas are marrying from the minority tribes in the North e.g Igala, Nupe, Igbira and Yoruba Muslims.
- the issue is more about religion than culture per say.
Re: Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage by dorange(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
mystery001: - Hausa muslim woman hardly marries a Christain. It is not allowed in Islam.
-The Hausa people are quite conscious of their culture. Marrying an outsider may be seen as dilution of the culture for the children.
-Hausa people are less travelled in search of good life or education to the South so there is less integration. The many tribes in North from the South may also have the have the integration problem
- However, many Hausas are marrying from the minority tribes in the North e.g Igala, Nupe, Igbira and Yoruba Muslims.
- the issue is more about religion than culture per say.

yea i got your point dats ryt...but what am really is wondering is dat since dey say love binds people...is it dat an hausa man cannot fall in love with an igbo or yoruba woman?.
Re: Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage by Kanwulia: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hausa-Yoruba relationships would survive much more than an Hausa-Igbo relationship. kiss

Reason? Historical and cultural ties. kiss
Re: Hausa/igbo Nd Hausa/yoruba Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
I have seen some hausa-yoruba marriages, but i'm yet to see that of hausa-igbo.
Personally, i think culture and religion plays major roles, because hausas are majorly muslims and igbos are majorly christians, and Yorubas are majorly both.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Don't Put Me Down Because Of It, I Didn't Have A Say! / Marriedfolks,how Do U Silence A Crying Baby / Basic Informations About Specialty Cleaning / Janitorial Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.