Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC (25064 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by redsun(m): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Jesus's concept is a phenomenon of light over darkness,it is not physical. It is a concept that predates even the ancient egyptian osiris concept of birth,death,ressurrection and eternal glory.

You are a Jesus when you know the truth that sets your soul free. And a devil when you are ignorantly in tormenting darkess like most Africans today.

Oyinbo is trying to tell you that they are the light and way,that you should follow them unquestionably.
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Bome01(m): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
When will people dump these physical adornment of Jesus and focus on the message he brought, on how to attain the christ
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
dridowu: truly he from nigeria
hahhahahahah jizus on the mic like m.i
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
joeydozzy: Always knew this

PRAISE HIM!!!!!! grin

ur jezus dey wear watch com do tattoo for chest undecided
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Orikinla(m): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Any dummy who knows history of the Jews and Israel knows that Jesus was a Jew and his lineage linked back to King David and when he was called "Son of David" he answered, because God fulfilled His covenant with David in the birth of Jesus Christ.

Only idiots will have contrary answers. grin

Jesus Heals Blind Bartimaeus

46 Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging. 47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

48 Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

49 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called.

Then they called the blind man, saying to him, “Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you.”

50 And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.

51 So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?”

The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.”

52 Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

~ Mark 10:46-52, Holy Bible, New King James Version (NKJV)[/size]
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by fridayokpe(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
does d colour realy matter, does d colour realy matter, does d colour realy matter,
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by NoContract(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Keep deluding each other![/size]
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Ayatullah(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
aventura:

But the truth, says New Testament scholar Dr Mark Goodacre, of the University of Birmingham, is probably somewhere in between.

"There is absolutely no evidence as to what Jesus looked like," he says. "The artistic depictions down the ages have total and complete variation, which indicates that nobody did a portrait of Jesus or wrote down a description, it's all been forgotten."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3958241.stm

I have said it before and I said it out of careful observation that the pictures Christendom presented of Jesus are NOT ALIKE and I believe a lot of Christians all over the world know this, but pretend not to know, or do not give a damn as long as they can continue to make Jesus Posters and Images that fetches them COOL CASH, BUT now that a New Testament Scholar who no doubt is a christian is telling the whole wide-world a GLARING Truth they will have to reflect and know that the Christian history is fraught with fraudulent account
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by MeandSum: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Scorpionking: This is the original painting. this painting is still used in ethiopian and eastern european orthodox churches. Jesus was middle eastern with a tanned skin like Obama.
4000 years ago there was no dark skin or blonde ,there was only light brown and tanned like will smith,Obama or cristiano ronaldo.
there's no race in the spirit realm except in the physical realm and in hellish part of spirit realm.Jesus is not white or black or yellow ,although he used a middle eastern physical body while on earth.there were about a few people on earth 2000 years ago ,about 1,000,000 people .
there were no humans in southern Africa and west Africa about 2000 years ago. the British monarchy is only 1000 years old .
Tribes and race are delusions created by climatic factors,all humans originated from Egypt,Ethiopia,Jordan and Iran etc. the original human is middle eastern and that is why a mixed raced child looks like the original copy.
Humans have only existed on earth for about 40,000 years mostly around Ethiopia,Egypt and Jordan ,Although the earth and physical realm itself may have existed For millions of years but no one really knows for sure. Time itself is actually an illusion.
My dear friends,Tomorrow ,next year and next decade has come and gone,Obama grew old and died 50years ago,our grand children are now married,we all died 50 years ago. it has all been.Time is an illusion.

Your stupidity is quite amazing! The world's population 2000 years ago was over 250 million (not 1 million like you stated).
Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain took place 1600 years ago so it is safe to say British monarchy is over 1000.
People have been living in West Africa as early as 12,000 B.C so that over 14,000 years(not less than 1000 years like you stated) - and that, my friend, is 6000 years before your bible said god created the world in a week.

“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” -Mark Twain
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by GentleFrank(m): 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lol !
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Na today? Jesus was white
It's yeshua that was dark skinned

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by BiggerBro: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
aventura:

Nawa oo. What is long in this post? Africans sef.

If you want to hide anything from a Nigga, then put it in a book. sad

A quality that has saved us from anthrax attack by terrorists
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by FOWOSIRE: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
I am not very good with biblical facts and history but come to think of it some ends might be opened in what we know. Jesus was the adopted son of Joseph who was from Judah. Did anyone give a detailed account of Mary's origin. And remembering Jesus was not Joseph's biological son. if his papers were faulty chances are he might not be elected mayor in Judah if miracles were not involved and Mary in parenthood would have contributed a great deal of DNA to his genetic appearance so chances are he must have adopted most of her in colour and other features since she was the dominant physical feature in his parenthood so chances are, if Mary were to be fully accounted for, some more light will be shed in answering the physical possibilties of Jesus. I just hope she is Nigerian so as to confirm my suspicions. More like hope sha. grin
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOWOSIRE: I am not very good with biblical facts and history but come to think of it some ends might be opened in what we know. Jesus was the adopted son of Joseph who was from Judah. Did anyone give a detailed account of Mary's origin. And remembering Jesus was not Joseph's biological son. if his papers were faulty chances are he might not be elected mayor in Judah if miracles were not involved and Mary in parenthood would have contributed a great deal of DNA to his genetic appearance so chances are he must have adopted most of her in colour and other features since she was the dominant physical feature in his parenthood so chances are, if Mary were to be fully accounted for, some more light will be shed in answering the physical possibilties of Jesus. I just hope she is Nigerian so as to confirm my suspicions. More like hope sha. grin

Shut up
Queen Mary's earthly parents were Joachim and Saint Anne
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by RoyaleR(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
aventura: So what colour was Jesus?
By Giles Wilson
BBC News Online Magazine

Jesus, ancient and modern

A traditional Jesus, left, and the BBC's image of what he might have looked like
Jesus has been named the top black icon by the New Nation newspaper. Their assertion that Jesus was black has raised eyebrows in some quarters - so what colour was he?

Just as no one will ever produce proof for the existence of God, the question of Jesus's colour may always be a matter for personal belief.

Was he white, white-ish, olive-skinned, swarthy, dark-skinned or black? There are people who believe he was any one of those shades, but there seem to be only two things about the debate that can be said with any degree of certainty.

First - if the past 2,000 years of Western art were the judge, Jesus would be white, handsome, probably with long hair and an ethereal glow.

Second - it can almost certainly be said that Jesus would not have been white. His hair was also probably cut short.

I think the safest thing is to talk about Jesus as 'a man of colour'

Yet the notion that Jesus was black - highlighted this week in a survey of black icons by the New Nation newspaper which ranked him at number one - is genuinely held by some. One school of thought has it that Jesus was part of a tribe which had migrated from Nigeria.

And Jesus probably did have some African links - after all the conventional theory is that he lived as a child in Egypt where, presumably, his appearance did not make him stand out.

Blue-eyed and brown-eyed Jesus

Blue-eyed Robert Powell, left, and brown-eyed Jim Caviezel
The New Nation takes it further: "Ethiopian Christianity, which pre-dates European Christianity, always depicts Christ as an African and it generally agreed that people of the region where Jesus came from looked nothing like Boris Johnson," the paper says. As light-hearted evidence that Jesus was black, it adds that he "called everybody 'brother', liked Gospel, and couldn't get a fair trial".

But the truth, says New Testament scholar Dr Mark Goodacre, of the University of Birmingham, is probably somewhere in between.

"There is absolutely no evidence as to what Jesus looked like," he says. "The artistic depictions down the ages have total and complete variation, which indicates that nobody did a portrait of Jesus or wrote down a description, it's all been forgotten."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3958241.stm
yea i believe you very much
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by OJODEL10(m): 9:58am On Dec 16, 2013
Ayoobscom: JESUS'the most misinterpreted creature of God.

The Israelites were God's favorite tribe on earth that God had sent 90% of his messengers from among Israel.

But at the end they betrayed God,by killing izah,adopt a name Jesus he was never called,and misled the world about his true being and teachings...

I pity the gullibility in Christianity in all ramifications...now I love you..but I pity you..bcoz you probably cannot see the flaws I
see

@poster since when did Isrealites became black? He was white,there was no black prophet.
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ayoobscom: JESUS'the most misinterpreted creature of God.

The Israelites were God's favorite tribe on earth that God had sent 90% of his messengers from among Israel.

But at the end they betrayed God,by killing izah,adopt a name Jesus he was never called,and misled the world about his true being and teachings...

I pity the gullibility in Christianity in all ramifications...now I love you..but I pity you..bcoz you probably cannot see the flaws I
see

@poster since when did Isrealites became black? He was white,there was no black prophet.

See foolish slave

How can a sensible person say God had a favorite people? Worse off claims that Israel was God's favorite people.
You must be really crazy.

Nobody like izah ever existed...his name is Yeshua

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donfemo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
carzola: Thank God i didnt bother reading the post its damn too long. By the way i dont belive there is a Jesus.

He is the way, truth and the light, no one Goes †Φ the father except through Him
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donfemo(m): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
carzola: Thank God i didnt bother reading the post its damn too long. By the way i dont belive there is a Jesus.

He is the way the, the truth and life, no one goes to the Father except through Him
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by FOWOSIRE: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
macof:

Shut up
Queen Mary's earthly parents were Joachim and Saint Anne

Yeah thanks for the info, though my suggestion was based on mary and not queen mary ( whoever that is), but I will assume we are talking about the same person. And backtracing her origin does not end with the immediate previous generation.

And seriously, don't you think it will be more cool if he truely was from Naij? Azzin the salvation of the world coming through Naij?
Well I for one will be honoured
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by BiggerBro: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
cry[quote author=Ayoobscom]
@poster since when did Isrealites became black? He was. white,there was no black prophet.[/quote

So there were no black prophets. I feel cheated.
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
FOWOSIRE:

Yeah thanks for the info, though my suggestion was based on mary and not queen mary ( whoever that is), but I will assume we are talking about the same person. And backtracing her origin does not end with the immediate previous generation.

And seriously, don't you think it will be more cool if he truely was from Naij? Azzin the salvation of the world coming through Naij?
Well I for one will be honoured

Ok.
in christianity, Mary is the Queen of heaven. Though am not Christian and couldn't care less wat or where yeshua or maryam come from I just like playing along sometimes
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donkross1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

Ok.
in christianity, Mary is the Queen of heaven. Though am not Christian and couldn't care less wat or where yeshua or maryam come from I just like playing along sometimes
Guy wen r u gon stop dz sjit u r talking bout Yeshua. Who d hell is Yeshua. It is JESUS. That wonderful name, the name above all names, the prince of peace.
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
don kross: Guy wen r u gon stop dz sjit u r talking bout Yeshua. Who d hell is Yeshua. It is JESUS. That wonderful name, the name above all names, the prince of peace.

All I can say is...

Jesus that u don't know yeshua

And of course "Jesus" that is "Iesous" in Greek means
Hail Zeus!
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donkross1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

All I can say is...

Jesus that u don't know yeshua

And of course "Jesus" that is "Iesous" in Greek means
Hail Zeus!
. Silent........... I keel you........ Hehehehe kidding tho, u r entitled to ur opinion buh remember Jesus is the way, the truth and without him in ya life, its 1st class ticket to hell oo
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
don kross: . Silent........... I keel you........ Hehehehe kidding tho, u r entitled to ur opinion buh remember Jesus is the way, the truth and without him in ya life, its 1st class ticket to hell oo

this is not my opinion but raw undiluted fact and truth.

No one named "jesus" ever lived until the 12th century there about when Spanish kids were born and given the name "Jesus"(pronounced "E-Zus"wink

The Transliteral origin of the name is the Latin-Greek "Iesous" (pronounced "HiE-Zus" meaning "praise Zeus"
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donkross1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

No one named "jesus" ever lived until the 12th century there about when Spanish kids were born and given the name "Jesus"(pronounced "E-Zus"wink

The Transliteral origin of the name is the Latin-Greek "Iesous" (pronounced "HiE-Zus" meaning "praise Zeus"
. U should know better dan dz nw bros. Only a fool will argue with a fool sha. Dassol
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by macof(m): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
don kross: . U should know better dan dz nw bros. Only a fool will argue with a fool sha. Dassol

Yes of course I know that...that's why am educating you and NOT arguing with you...an argument with you would be like getting an elephant to pass through a needle.

Wat I gave u there is raw fact. Research on it, you would be surprised wat u find
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donkross1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

Yes of course I know that...that's why am educating you and NOT arguing with you...an argument with you would be like getting an elephant to pass through a needle.

Wat I gave u there is raw fact. Research on it, you would be surprised wat u find
. #okbye
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by MEILYN(m): 12:06am On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

yea, thats true. Christians wont know this, you know why? They dont know history. Yahushua thats the name of Christ. jesus is zeus and not Christ of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by VivaLaFrans: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Iam telling you, islam is faithful than xtianity. How can we draw a picture and say its Jesus. thats mockery. We dont think before we do certain things. Islam seems real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Those Around Buhari Only Interested In Their Pockets –fr. Mbaka / Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation / Some People Are Causing Rift Between Buhari And Me – Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.