Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC (25052 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by aventura: 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
So what colour was Jesus?
By Giles Wilson
BBC News Online Magazine

Jesus, ancient and modern

A traditional Jesus, left, and the BBC's image of what he might have looked like
Jesus has been named the top black icon by the New Nation newspaper. Their assertion that Jesus was black has raised eyebrows in some quarters - so what colour was he?

Just as no one will ever produce proof for the existence of God, the question of Jesus's colour may always be a matter for personal belief.

Was he white, white-ish, olive-skinned, swarthy, dark-skinned or black? There are people who believe he was any one of those shades, but there seem to be only two things about the debate that can be said with any degree of certainty.

First - if the past 2,000 years of Western art were the judge, Jesus would be white, handsome, probably with long hair and an ethereal glow.

Second - it can almost certainly be said that Jesus would not have been white. His hair was also probably cut short.

I think the safest thing is to talk about Jesus as 'a man of colour'

Yet the notion that Jesus was black - highlighted this week in a survey of black icons by the New Nation newspaper which ranked him at number one - is genuinely held by some. One school of thought has it that Jesus was part of a tribe which had migrated from Nigeria.

And Jesus probably did have some African links - after all the conventional theory is that he lived as a child in Egypt where, presumably, his appearance did not make him stand out.

Blue-eyed and brown-eyed Jesus

Blue-eyed Robert Powell, left, and brown-eyed Jim Caviezel
The New Nation takes it further: "Ethiopian Christianity, which pre-dates European Christianity, always depicts Christ as an African and it generally agreed that people of the region where Jesus came from looked nothing like Boris Johnson," the paper says. As light-hearted evidence that Jesus was black, it adds that he "called everybody 'brother', liked Gospel, and couldn't get a fair trial".

But the truth, says New Testament scholar Dr Mark Goodacre, of the University of Birmingham, is probably somewhere in between.

"There is absolutely no evidence as to what Jesus looked like," he says. "The artistic depictions down the ages have total and complete variation, which indicates that nobody did a portrait of Jesus or wrote down a description, it's all been forgotten."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3958241.stm

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by carzola(m): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
Thank God i didnt bother reading the post its damn too long. By the way i dont belive there is a Jesus.

10 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by aventura: 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Probably he is from the east. cool

Jesus anyị eze. Ọ bụrụ na a na akụkọ bụ eziokwu, mgbe ahụ, Jizọs ga-ma eleghị anya-abụ site Enugwu State.

10 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by yungdamaz(m): 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Knowing whether Jesus was black,white,lonq-haired,fat,slim na im go take u to heaven........let em bera repent instead of being a bunch of wako scientists

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by aventura: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
carzola: Thank God i didnt bother reading the post its damn too long. By the way i dont belive there is a Jesus.

Nawa oo. What is long in this post? Africans sef.

If you want to hide anything from a Nigga, then put it in a book. sad

40 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by yungdamaz(m): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
Am nt judging buh ma gyy u are doomed
carzola: Thank God i didnt bother reading the post its damn too long. By the way i dont belive there is a Jesus.

10 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by EzePromoe: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
See thread grin

Abeg jor....
Jesus was not even born of a man, so stop this madness sad

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by erad(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
yung da maz: Am nt judging buh ma gyy u are doomed

Can't someone just have his opinion and be respected for it? His damnation/salvation isn't affecting yours so why judge him? Dude, learn to respect the opinions and choices of others.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by fr3do(m): 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
I cant tell if He is black or not
But I can tell you that He loves you.

24 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by donpope1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ok sad
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Polio: 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
undecided
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Alishachris: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
I mana Jesos n'asu igbo?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Always knew this

PRAISE HIM!!!!!! grin

9 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Wsdm: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
What if these scientists finally traces Jesus to Hausa/Fulanis( afterall Jesus reared animals also)? ...just been curious anyway!
Could this be the reason why all Christian politicians ( Obassanjo and Jonathan et-al) contesting against a Muslim aspirants in Nigeria are usually tagged MESAIERH- a title for Jesus?

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Rikidony(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Anything from the BBC and SHAKARA REPORTERS are Lies.. I.e I give Up undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
aventura:

Nawa oo. What is long in this post? Africans sef.

If you want to hide anything from a Nigga, then put it in a book. sad
and what are you? European?

U super-inferiority complex riddled being!

The misconception that the whites read better than us has etched into ur brain that u av to quote that text and biliving it like the bible, thereby condemning ur own just cos the white man says so?

Ur statement worked in the colonial and slave era days wen black people don't av much education.

Besides, if u see how difficult it is for whites to grab a book and read, u'll be amazed. Especially their teens!

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by WHees(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2013

A traditional Jesus, left, and the BBC's image of what he might have looked like.

Same source.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by obo389(m): 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
undecided
mtecheeew. joke of the century

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by yungdamaz(m): 12:36am On Dec 14, 2013
Not knowing dah Jesus loves u is enuf damnation....Bleep opinion bruh
erad:

Can't someone just have his opinion and be respected for it? His damnation/salvation isn't affecting yours so why judge him? Dude, learn to respect the opinions and choices of others.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Scream(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2013
What a waste of time!
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Horus(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by 9jahubcom(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
hmm
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
The day Jesus is truly found out to be from Black Africa, is the day a lot of white people and self hating Africans will cease to be Christians and i expect them to start looking for a new European God to worship.

8 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hahahahhahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Falls from mango tree cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by bionicdude(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
hehe
joeydozzy: Always knew this

PRAISE HIM!!!!!! grin

hehe una wan kill me 2day wit laff
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Dannylux: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
When I saw this topic, this thread

www.nairaland.com/1538557/jesus-wasnt-handsome-many-present

came to mind.
Read carefully and you'd agree with this present news.

I, personally, agree with this!
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Nahum777(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Yes Jesus is black, he was described in the bible...

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." (Revelation 1:14-15). <<<His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace. A burnt brass [black]

Secondly, Christ was from the tribe of Judah, an Israelite, Israelites are black people, thank God the truth is finally coming out.

"Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick." (Lamentations 4:8 ).

"Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine." (Lamentations 5:10).

"Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up." (Jeremiah 14:2).

"My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat." (Job 30:30).

"I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon." (Song of Songs 1:5).

And finally those peeps in Israel now aint the Israelites in the bible.

"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. " (Revelation 2:9).

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. " (Revelation 3:9).

"Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in unclothedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee." (Deuteronomy 28:48).

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by dridowu: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
truly he from nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by mazizitonene(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Dannylux: --
beans
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Greaaat: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
They're looking for a way to decrease white Christians population
Re: Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Jewish was a failed product sold to the Jews and rightly rejected by them. He would be later repackaged for Africans through slavery and colonization along with his Arab Nemesis who shall not be named.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? / Those Around Buhari Only Interested In Their Pockets –fr. Mbaka / 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.