Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,637 members, 7,823,796 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself (10295 Views)

Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? / After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. / I Want To Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by MrKnowitall: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
1. Are you satisfied with your current career in Nigeria, or will you be more satisfied with your potential career in the

new place you want to go.

Chances are if you are making a good living in Nigeria you could be making a great living somewhere else.

2. How much disposable cash you have on hand, and should you invest it at home (Nigeria) or your potential new place.

There is a reason why the people in the South East region leave their home by the masses to invest their money in other parts

of Nigeria:they know they will get more for their investments. A true business man or woman leaves sentiments out

of business and strives to make the maxim profit.

3. The state of security in Nigeria.

Nigeria is enjoying a relative state of security right now but 2015 elections is coming up so it might be a good idea to invest

your money in other countries just in case.

4. Will your children be able to reach their maxim potential in Nigeria or your potential new home.

Children's future is arguably the most important thing in this world. But for children to flourish and reach their maximum

potential, they need stability, security, and great education. ASUU has been striking for more than five months

now, I don't think i need to say anymore than that.

5. Retirement. If you stay in Nigeria, will you have to work until you die, or worst, have to depend on your children's

income to take care of you?

No one should work until they die, and no one you depend on their children to take care of them. You should always

save enough money to take care of yourself at old age because if you don't, you will put a lot of unnecessary burden on your children.

These are some fundamental questions you should ask yourself when deciding whether to stay or leave Nigeria.

I will add that your best bet is to pack your things and jump on a bus. Au revoir.

5 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by databoy247(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
;DThe best sign is if after graduating with good degree in one of the best courses and after 7 yrs you are yet to b called for an interview cos u dont have "uncles" in high places but you find yourself hustling in a barbing saloon. You dont need a prophet to tell you to MOVE.

8 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by osystein(m): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Why are you so obsessed with people leaving Nigeria? just asking..

3 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by MrKnowitall: 4:06am On Dec 14, 2013
^^^
What do you mean? How am I obsessed?
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 14, 2013
@knowitall..............how are you doing?..............quite a while..Cheers.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by henchamb(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
bro every where is better than nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by luvinhubby(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Those who left many years ago, including some who left after our primary school education, are they better off? My answer is capital No, because so many who left are being sustained from here and are too ashamed to return.
As for, north, south, Europe or Asia, home is the sweetest.

10 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by ucheokpara100(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
well my kobo is, is good to stay at home bt d truth is politic has dis-organizd nigeria, any one who has opportunity to go out pls do b4 it 'll be late. cos were me i run go now atleast i hv enough peace of mind now, while i still dey hustle.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by imsuboi(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
luvinhubby: Those who left many years ago, including some who left after our primary school education, are they better off? My answer is capital No, because so many who left are being sustained from here and are too ashamed to return.
As for, north, south, Europe or Asia, home is the sweetest.

I don't think you know what you're saying

11 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by toygod2: 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
bro every where is better than nigeria
........lol, even BURIAL GROUND & HELL FIRE.

I beg, Please....helep me too reach jst 150Likes. I don dey try am since. 2geda we can do it.God bless u as u do so. Leggo

4 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by luvinhubby(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
henchamb: bro every where is better than nigeria
The below link does not have Nigeria anywhere near it.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/11/business/maplecroft-political-risk/index.html?hpt=hp_mid
Nigeria is better than most `where`. tongue

1 Like

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Make haste while the sun shines
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by luvinhubby(m): 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
imsu.boi:

If you know me well, you will know am in a better position to know what I`m saying.

1 Like

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Chinwem(f): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
henchamb: bro every where else is better than nigeria
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Opiosko: 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
imsu.boi:

grin grin grin
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by imsuboi(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
luvinhubby:
If you know me well, you will know am in a better position to know what I`m saying.

I don't even need to know you bro undecided

I'm just telling you what I know

Toodles

#Unfollows thread
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Dannylux: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
--
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by bigx(m): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
This Child Again undecided
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
databoy247: ;DThe best sign is if after graduating with good degree in one of the best courses and after 7 yrs you are yet to b called for an interview cos u dont have "uncles" in high places but you find yourself hustling in a barbing saloon. You dont need a prophet to tell you to MOVE.
Ah Boss 7 years E don tay oo.. Person go turn isrealite na! Like 3 to 4yrs is enough sharp sharp no dulling! Kia kia!
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
From my own experience as a traveler is better to try new ground if the ground you are staying is not feasible like Cespit,moder 4ker and yeye country they called Nigeria
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Funny how some Nigerians can be so jealousss of their fellow going abroad. CONTRIBUTE TO D NATION, NO!!, ALLOW OTHERS TO TRAVEL OUT, NO!!. Are you afraid of being intimidated by pictures of snowy background, better exposure to technology, quality education, serene enviroment, pacific & B- haram free enviroment e.t.c ?? PLEASE LET PEOPLE BE !!!!

6 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Dannylux: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
smith_sydny: Make haste while the sun shines

Haste indeed.. Na so them talk am grin

1 Like

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
How to add more fire to the JEALOUSSSY is that, when u're doing ur travel process. TRY TO KEEP IT COVERT/SECRETE untill like 2 days to ur flight OR worse UNTILL U DON LAND 4 D OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE. O BOY!! Thiz can be HEART squizzzing ;-(
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by claycares: 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nice one OP. Leaving Nigeria is the best for your family but there's no place like home o. A friend of mine has a 2 years us visa, no job here, yet he doesn't want to leave. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by 24in7: 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
either 2stay or 2leave 9ja,na ur own luck
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by lyfe(m): 12:38am On Dec 15, 2013
Thought provoking post. #Onpoint.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Diasporan(m): 1:04am On Dec 15, 2013
@OP trust me if you as a Nigerian just came to my present location(Albany NY) straight from Naija considering the weather(-14 degrees celsius) I bet you you will use your return ticket the next day to head back to Lagos.While talking from the Nigerian angle while not talk from the angle of where the person is relocating to what he is bound to meet there?Try to modify your points by enlightening the readers of also the place they are heading to.With that your thread will be complete.

2 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 15, 2013
very prejudiced thread. but largely true though. title should be reasons why you should leave Nigeria now!!!
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 15, 2013
If you're a loser in Nigeria, chances are you'll be a loser elsewhere! If you're not doing well in Nigeria, there is every tendency you would not do well elsewhere, you're blaming the economy and security in Nigeria, right? Well, when you get to US, you would blame the weather, gun control, mortgage, and racism, when you get to UK, you would blame their odd policies, tax and bills, e.t.c.

If you're not an American/British citizen, don't leave Nigeria with the intention of being a "hustler" the idea is sickening! "hustlers" end up disgracing our country out there.

5 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by GboyegaD(m): 2:38am On Dec 15, 2013
People should do whatever they feel is best for them. If you feel Nigeria is the best place for you stay, and if you think it is abut traveling, then do it legitimately. "Ki ori gbe eni de ibi ire, ki ese ma si ni lona, ka ma sise onise".

3 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 15, 2013
LIKE this post if you wanna leave Nigeria soon!!!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of The Uk Universities Is The Cheapest For Masters Degree / South Africa Visa / Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.