Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? (6070 Views)

Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why / Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself / I Want To Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Most time I come in contact with young people in Nigeria and ask about their dreams for the future, the first thing I hear is "I want to leave Nigeria"

Would you also leave Nigeria and why?
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
Someone should pls talk to me because there must be some reasons.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 02, 2013
Hello
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by chukxie(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2013
There are loads of reasons why people emigrate to other countries. In my opinion, the first reason is to seek greener pastures.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
chukxie: There are loads of reasons why people emigrate to other countries. In my opinion, the first reason is to seek greener pastures.

But there are so many green pastures in Nigeria.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
bengreat:

grin grin
...namely?

5 Likes

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Ugosample(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
bengreat:

Says who? The "pastures" are only accessible to the rich/elite. If you're not in that category, you will suffer in this country!

5 Likes

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ op.....#greener pastures in 9ja r only accessible to my oga @ d top#.......my reasonz for wanting to leave 9ja r endlezz and not majorly for greener pasture....if u willing....wld tell u some

1 Like

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by chukxie(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
bengreat:

Funny! How many green pastures have you grassed in?
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ op.....#greener pastures in 9ja r only accessible to my oga @ d top#.......my reasonz for wanting to leave 9ja r endlezz and not majorly for greener pasture....if u willing....wld tell u some

I'm willing please tell.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ugosample: Says who? The "pastures" are only accessible to the rich/elite. If you're not in that category, you will suffer in this country!

You're right but is there nothing we can do to make green pastures accessible to all?
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Gbenge77(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
bengreat:

You're right but is there nothing we can do to make green pastures accessible to all?
Your patriotism is 'contagious'.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
Gbenge 77: Your patriotism is 'contagious'.

Please explain so the simple mind would understand.

1 Like

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Life is a coin,u choose to spend it which ever way u wish......but mind u......u can only spend it once.....there is no much for me to live for in 9ja#brb#

1 Like

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
What would drive a person so desperate to vacate where his roots lie in
search of an experience elsewhere in d
world? Understandably, the motives of lots of
nigerians putting in immigration applications
are diverse but d underlying factor is d stark
disappointment in our(nigeria) system and a search for a plausible hope. Hope for good
health care, good schools, adequate security,
constant electricity, good roads and hope for
our unborn children.
The truth remains 'NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE'
GOD has blessed dis nation with all d good natural resources of life that could make us
compete with d great nations of d world yet
we have chosen to move backward and nt
stagnant nor forward. Our leaders are so
corrupt, judicial system is corrupt. A country
where d rich and elite are above d law. A country where a man steals over 30billion
naira and he's been sentenced to 1yr in
prison with a n option of fine(#750,000)
while a armed robber steals #200,000 and
he's sentenced 100yrs in prison. INJUSTICE!!!!!
Whosoever has his/her way to travel out should go ahead.
I hear some talkin abt opportunities in naija,
yeah... Bt are they feasible.
I WEEP FOR NAIJA

8 Likes

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja: What would drive a person so desperate to vacate where his roots lie in
search of an experience elsewhere in d
world? Understandably, the motives of lots of
nigerians putting in immigration applications
are diverse but d underlying factor is d stark
disappointment in our(nigeria) system and a search for a plausible hope. Hope for good
health care, good schools, adequate security,
constant electricity, good roads and hope for
our unborn children.
The truth remains 'NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE'
GOD has blessed dis nation with all d good natural resources of life that could make us
compete with d great nations of d world yet
we have chosen to move backward and nt
stagnant nor forward. Our leaders are so
corrupt, judicial system is corrupt. A country
where d rich and elite are above d law. A country where a man steals over 30billion
naira and he's been sentenced to 1yr in
prison with a n option of fine(#750,000)
while a armed robber steals #200,000 and
he's sentenced 100yrs in prison. INJUSTICE!!!!!
Whosoever has his/her way to travel out should go ahead.
I hear some talkin abt opportunities in naija,
yeah... Bt are they feasible.
I WEEP FOR NAIJA

WORD!
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
Few dudez that claim to be comfortable in 9ja
{great}am happy for u,@least each and
everyone here as xperienced different sides of
the coin{9ja lifestyle}.........everyone's preference
is different..........God forbid..if those few had lost
a very closest&dearest folkz of ur's @ an incident like the dana airplane crash,gahsty motor
accident or if u were in the position of a man
who story was on nairaland few weekz ago @
ph....this man took his pregnant wife to a
hospital for a headache treatment,just becoz of
N20k,this man lost his wife and his unborn child....he was on his way to source for the
cash....he must pay the hospital billz b4 a doctor
cld attend to his wife...if one of those claiming to
be comfortable has in one way or d other find
his/herself in a situation like this.....i guess u wld
give it a re-think..... th
A man's environment speaks and determines
alot about one future,lifespan and so on....we
need peace,security,stable income,
many who are govt. Retirees who are fortunate
to get their gratuity,use it to build a house....many are unable to build a house
during their service in govt.....itz better to av
assess to a house on mortgage,av ur own
ride,healthcare insurance,social amenties{many
buy water-a free gift of nature...in lagos.
Peace of mind......ur coming generationz wont av a cause to curse u becoz they came into a world
where they can xplore their potentials and
opportunities....not in 9ja whey b say,u wld give
bribe b4 securing a contract.....remembered a NL
topic:........I WAS SUPRISED to hear that u must
give bribes in $$$ @ aso rock,b4 been allowed to see Badluck jonathan.......pls the few that are
comfortable in 9ja......pls my advice for u is to
work very hard....so that ur coming generation
wont suffer in 9ja.

3 Likes

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by fame12k(m): 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ bengreat, i guess u re related to 1 oga @ d top, dats y u love naija so much, right?

Continue enjoyin d national cake with ur ppl.

1 Like

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
fame12k: @ bengreat, i guess u re related to 1 oga @ d top, dats y u love naija so much, right?

Continue enjoyin d national cake with ur ppl.

Me don waka since oooooo

1 Like

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by fame12k(m): 5:30am On Apr 03, 2013
bengreat:

Me don waka since oooooo

lol, interesting. I don graduate since 2008, finished youth service 2009. But still dey unemployed.

Can't wait to leave dis country.

@ bengreat, which country are u?
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by juman(m): 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
fame12k:

lol, interesting. I don graduate since 2008, finished youth service 2009. But still dey unemployed.

Can't wait to leave dis country.

@ bengreat, which country are u?

The country has been destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2013
#romantic#

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
@Bengreat- People have different reasons to move out of Nigeria but if you tell somebody that you are in somewhere in Europe or America, some people would firstly think you have become rich and made it in your life. Seriously,there are more to this life than only affluence. If you do not have money, you are supposed to enjoy and have access to what rich people are enjoying. Even though you have the money, you cannot still enjoy it to your desired extent here,driving brown new car on a pot hole and untied roads. If you could manage to move to some towns, you will see clearly that people are suffering on their father's land. All is not only about becoming rich but to live a decent life with little you are earning. Therefore, people are moving to where the system is extremely working. Only God can revive our dearly country because the corruption has gone to some extent that, if you asked some teenagers what they would offer Nigerians if they hold an highly ranked position, you will hear bad things. Even youths are filled up with venom due to bad leadership,however, everybody has taken travelling abroad for crazy.

4 Likes

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 05, 2013
Demaejy: @Bengreat- People have different reasons to move out of Nigeria but if you tell somebody that you are in somewhere in Europe or America, some people would firstly think you have become rich and made it in your life. Seriously,there are more to this life than only affluence. If you do not have money, you are supposed to enjoy and have access to what rich people are enjoying. Even though you have the money, you cannot still enjoy it to your desired extent here,driving brown new car on a pot hole and untied roads. If you could manage to move to some towns, you will see clearly that people are suffering on their father's land. All is not only about becoming rich but to live a decent life with little you are earning. Therefore, people are moving to where the system is extremely working. Only God can revive our dearly country because the corruption has gone to some extent that, if you asked some teenagers what they would offer Nigerians if they hold an highly ranked position, you will hear bad things. Even youths are filled up with venom due to bad
leadership,however, everybody has taken travelling abroad for crazy.

The best so far.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 08, 2013
Many Nigerians leaves or wants to leave the country without any reason hence this thread is slow and not on the front page.

c'est dommage!
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
bengreat: Many Nigerians leaves or wants to leave the country without any reason hence this thread is slow and not on the front page.

c'est dommage!

French all the way.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
ferdimako:

French all the way.

OUI C'est ça!
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by cuteboii: 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
Because Nigeria is a failed state,nothing works in Nigeria for the ordinary man,i have been in south African for just 2 weeks and i see no need even trying to come back to Nigeria,it is really a shame that with the many resources Nigeria posses we can not afford ordinary 24 hours uninterrupted power supply,deep down i cry for Nigeria because we are heading for doom unless there is a revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Gbenge77(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2013
cuteboii: Because Nigeria is a failed state,nothing works in Nigeria for the ordinary man,i have been in south African for just 2 weeks and i see no need even trying to come back to Nigeria,it is really a shame that with the many resources Nigeria posses we can not afford ordinary 24 hours uninterrupted power supply,deep down i cry for Nigeria because we are heading for doom unless there is a revolution.
Although xenophobia appears to be a huge problem in Sa,one would be hard pressed to compare her with Nigeria
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
cuteboii: Because Nigeria is a failed state,nothing works in Nigeria for the ordinary man,i have been in south African for just 2 weeks and i see no need even trying to come back to Nigeria,it is really a shame that with the many resources Nigeria posses we can not afford ordinary 24 hours uninterrupted power supply,deep down i cry for Nigeria because we are heading for doom unless there is a revolution.
And who will take that bolded part into action? Youths have corrupted more than what you could even imagine, and our adaptation to bad governance is very high,so this is a nation where everybody is waiting for his or her own time to embezzle government's money. Oh God,we seriously need your divine intervention in our beloved country.
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by chi2012(f): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
cryMe to want to leave
Re: Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
chi2012: cryMe to want to leave
Pls don't leave gringrin wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help me With This Travel Route!!! / So I Am Living As An Illegal Immigrant In Nigeria. My Visa Has Expired / Help Suggest Low Tuition University In Europe/courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.