Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself (10294 Views)

Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? / After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. / I Want To Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by nonesense: 7:08am On Dec 15, 2013
shorlington: LIKE this post if you wanna leave Nigeria soon!!!
Half 'Like' Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ no go see
Just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch hw my Likes go plenty now

2 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:34am On Dec 15, 2013
Nigeria is a blessed country, our leaders only line their pockets with the future of the country. Hence, the need to leave.

Take Angola for instance, built a Ghost town that will accommodate 500,000 people with about $3.8b and there is no one living there.

The latest embezzlement is about $48.3b. How many ghost towns will that build?

Nigerian leaders deserves to be shot and throw Their dead bodies into d evil forests for birds and animals to make their choice.

6 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by porka: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Leave Nigeria if you want...

And leave Nigeria alone.

Good luck.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Jancross: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2013
how abuot a litle capital an doing business in south africa, the economy is gud an gud life wont it be best dan staying wit so much hoplesnes in dis naija.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by jr101(m): 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
shorlington: LIKE this post if you wanna leave Nigeria soon!!!

You be travel agent?
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by rhames(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
" And the poor immigrants were deported, landed in their respective countries tired, disappointed, disappointed, destabilized, demobilized,disgraced and ashamed." grin
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by doubleportion: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
As for me, I 've thought over it, and the die is cast, there are lot of potentials inthis nation, we have one of the best weather in the world, though I!m not there yet but thereis hope. There is nothing wrong in moving out if that is what you choose,but ifyou see me out there is becouse am a tourist. I just chat with one of my friend out there in aCanada and he told me that weather overther today is -32 there aretime that it will reach -42, abeg Nigeria is my natural habitat jare.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by GentleFrank(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good !
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Ayokunleayoolashakirudeen(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
doubleportion: As for me, I 've thought over it, and the die is cast, there are lot of potentials inthis nation, we have one of the best weather in the world, though I!m not there yet but thereis hope. There is nothing wrong in moving out if that is what you choose,but ifyou see me out there is becouse am a tourist. I just chat with one of my friend out there in aCanada and he told me that weather overther today is -32 there aretime that it will reach -42, abeg Nigeria is my natural habitat jare.

thats hilarious,my samsung standing freezer cannot go lower than -25 when i put it in super freeze...if d info u are giving us is true,then they all should av been dead b now nah...ahn ahn
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by doubleportion: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ayokunleayoolashakirudeen:

thats hilarious,my samsung standing freezer cannot go lower than -25 when i put it in super freeze...if d info u are giving us is true,then they all should av been dead b now nah...ahn ahn

Must I lied to impress you? You can always find out for yourself!
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by tpia5: 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
hmmm!
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by otokx(m): 12:27am On Dec 16, 2013
no be small hmmm o.
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by KolaShangOne(m): 3:25am On Dec 16, 2013
Yea its true.. Weather in Canada is -30 degrees.. Planning to go n meet my GF there.. Naoja is good bur there are so many reasons why going abroad is better. If you do business, them go frustrate you.

If you're not CONNECTED in NIGERIA, nothing 4 you.

1 Like

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 16, 2013
Who want to stay in this country?
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2013
nonesense: Half 'Like' Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ no go see
Just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch hw my Likes go plenty now
lol_ go back and check!!!
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2013
jr101:

You be travel agent?
cheesy
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
1. Are you satisfied with your current career in Nigeria, or will you be more satisfied with your potential career in the

new place you want to go.

2. How much disposable cash you have on hand, and should you invest it at home (Nigeria) or your potential new place.

There is a reason why the people in the South East region leave their home by the masses to invest their money in other parts

of Nigeria:they know they will get more for their investments. A true business man or woman leaves sentiments out

of business and strives to make the maxim profit.

3. The state of security in Nigeria.

Nigeria is enjoying a relative state of security right now but 2015 elections is coming up so it might be a good idea to invest

your money in other countries just in case.

4. Will your children be able to reach their maxim potential in Nigeria or your potential new home.

Children's future is arguably the most important thing in this world. But for children to flourish and reach their maximum

potential, they need stability, security, and great education. ASUU has been striking for more than five months

now, I don't think i need to say anymore than that.

5. Retirement. If you stay in Nigeria, will you have to work until you die, or worst, have to depend on your children's

income to take care of you?

No one should work until they die, and no one you depend on their children to take care of them. You should always

save enough money to take care of yourself at old age because if you don't, you will put a lot of unnecessary burden on your children.

These are some fundamental questions you should ask yourself when deciding whether to stay or leave Nigeria.

at poster you are making sense here - in terms of your children - better environment, good education will enhance their performance - yup you can migrate cos of this one.

No. 3 Election 2015 - I don't quite agree with that, why are you scared of the unknown....
in terms of security - crime is everywhere worldwide.. it could happen to anybody at anytime, anywhere....

Chances are if you are making a good living in Nigeria you could be making a great living somewhere else.[\quote]
it depends on your income... you can't expect someone making millions running his own coy to migrate and make a great living somewhere

[quote]I will add that your best bet is to pack your things and jump on a bus. Au revoir.
so can you tell us how we can going to pack our things and migrate easily to overseas?

1. what's the best way to migrate legally?
* For families - those who are married with kids
* Singles - Male/Female

2. Which country are you recommending for migration?

3. You need to explain to us in details so that people can be convinced and what steps they need to take before migration.

Saying people should pack their things and jump on a bus when they don't know exactly where they are going is absurd. You need to enlighten them

This thread might be useful for those who are naive and willing to travel to better their lifes

I await your response.

Instead of telling someone to run faster, ask them how they could run better say Jack Dorsey Founder Twitter
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Mr knowitall

Werin happen na...

Oga answer us

Me sef wan pack my bag waka sharply, abi u know fit talk again? shocked
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by MrKnowitall: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
faakay: Mr knowitall

Werin happen na...

Oga answer us

Me sef wan pack my bag waka sharply, abi u know fit talk again? shocked

Let me finish my class and things like that and I'll give you a response very soon
Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2013
OK since mrknowitall doesn't want to respond

Let me contribute my quota.

The following countries abroad I know is 100% better than Nigeria - UK, US, Canada, Australia

The poverty rate in Nigeria is very high and alarming. higher % of the Nigerian citizens are very poor and do not have access to basic amenities.

The Nigerian economy is harsh and might be frustrating - Roads, Transport, Electricity, Education, Health, Housing
It would only be easy for those people who are rich because they could afford to pay for it - Roads - they drive their own car, live in a condusive environment like lekki, Electricity - they can afford to run generators 247 - very expensive, Education - will take their children to the best private schools - expensive - Health - could afford to pay bills at private hospitals - housing - could afford to pay rents at lekki, vi, etc or buy their own home.

This kind of people earn nothing less than 500k per month above either they are working or they own their own business

Likewise average Nigerians can't afford to pay all this bills because hey earn very low.

The minimum pay scale here in Nigeria is 18,000.00NGN above, while in UK earns 5 pounds per hour - approx 800 pounds per month equivalent to N200,000.00NGN

Can you see the big difference?

Do you want to migrate abroad?

How much are you currently earning? I think if you are earning above 200 - 500k above - I don't think it's really necessary to migrate except for personal decisions best known to you.

Are you earning below 100k or don't have a job? you have been hunting for years but no luck yet.
Then you can migrate but how? That's where the big challenge comes in.

If you want to migrate via student visa - N.B: when you get there, you will be required to pay your school fees and school fees is about $8,000.00 per year minimum in UK, US, Canada, Australia. If you do not pay your school fees then you will be forced to drop out.

Visiting visa - you can migrate via visiting visa but note you won't have the right to work except some menial jobs, but if you are still single and not yet married then you have chances of hunting for lady and marry her genuinely to help you secure your working permit/citizens to enable you get a job.

Expatriate - you can start applying for jobs online in any of the countries or anywhere you want to migrate, keep sending your CVs to them and you might be lucky an employer can employe you, the company will be responsible for bringing you in, cater for your working permit and you will have no problem but the chance of getting this job is very slim 1% because there own citizens are also applying so before they would consider you, the HR dept will have to consider the people on ground before they can offer you job except you beat the qualifications of other candidates.

Don't be deceived people who tell you abroad is not good and people are suffering are telling you a big lie, abroad is a very good place and have more opportunities to succeed only if you have the right to work either work permit / citizenship.

The kind of people that suffer in abroad are the ones that do not have the right to work / citizenship so life is going to very hard for them, they can't come home, they can't work, they can't open bank account and so many things so this are category of people that will bad mouth abroad that is it is not good.

But if you have got work permit / citizenship then life will be a lot better

Education from primary to secondary is free - standard education compared to the ones we have here public schools that is free, who wants to take his child to a public primary school? even secondary it's only the brilliant ones / serious student that would excel.

Also abroad you do not need a degree to get a job unlike where all employes here in Nigeria make it compulsory to a degree to get a good job in a reputable company

but as for me, I believe in myself and I do not have a degree here in Nigeria just professional course thou I studied abroad but it wasn't easy for me to get a job, I only did because I was able to beat the other candidates who have got degrees. I am the only employer in my coy who doesn't have a degree cool

In conclusion, do your research very well also check the state of condition you are currently in, if it worth relocating or not, if it's worth then work towards it and fly but if you think it's not and you can survive in this economy then stay and face the battle field.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself by alingo4life: 9:27am On Dec 25, 2013
faakay: OK since mrknowitall doesn't want to respond

Let me contribute my quota.

The following countries abroad I know is 100% better than Nigeria - UK, US, Canada, Australia

The poverty rate in Nigeria is very high and alarming. higher % of the Nigerian citizens are very poor and do not have access to basic amenities.

The Nigerian economy is harsh and might be frustrating - Roads, Transport, Electricity, Education, Health, Housing
It would only be easy for those people who are rich because they could afford to pay for it - Roads - they drive their own car, live in a condusive environment like lekki, Electricity - they can afford to run generators 247 - very expensive, Education - will take their children to the best private schools - expensive - Health - could afford to pay bills at private hospitals - housing - could afford to pay rents at lekki, vi, etc or buy their own home.

This kind of people earn nothing less than 500k per month above either they are working or they own their own business

Likewise average Nigerians can't afford to pay all this bills because hey earn very low.

The minimum pay scale here in Nigeria is 18,000.00NGN above, while in UK earns 5 pounds per hour - approx 800 pounds per month equivalent to N200,000.00NGN

Can you see the big difference?

Do you want to migrate abroad?

How much are you currently earning? I think if you are earning above 200 - 500k above - I don't think it's really necessary to migrate except for personal decisions best known to you.

Are you earning below 100k or don't have a job? you have been hunting for years but no luck yet.
Then you can migrate but how? That's where the big challenge comes in.

If you want to migrate via student visa - N.B: when you get there, you will be required to pay your school fees and school fees is about $8,000.00 per year minimum in UK, US, Canada, Australia. If you do not pay your school fees then you will be forced to drop out.

Visiting visa - you can migrate via visiting visa but note you won't have the right to work except some menial jobs, but if you are still single and not yet married then you have chances of hunting for lady and marry her genuinely to help you secure your working permit/citizens to enable you get a job.

Expatriate - you can start applying for jobs online in any of the countries or anywhere you want to migrate, keep sending your CVs to them and you might be lucky an employer can employe you, the company will be responsible for bringing you in, cater for your working permit and you will have no problem but the chance of getting this job is very slim 1% because there own citizens are also applying so before they would consider you, the HR dept will have to consider the people on ground before they can offer you job except you beat the qualifications of other candidates.

Don't be deceived people who tell you abroad is not good and people are suffering are telling you a big lie, abroad is a very good place and have more opportunities to succeed only if you have the right to work either work permit / citizenship.

The kind of people that suffer in abroad are the ones that do not have the right to work / citizenship so life is going to very hard for them, they can't come home, they can't work, they can't open bank account and so many things so this are category of people that will bad mouth abroad that is it is not good.

But if you have got work permit / citizenship then life will be a lot better

Education from primary to secondary is free - standard education compared to the ones we have here public schools that is free, who wants to take his child to a public primary school? even secondary it's only the brilliant ones / serious student that would excel.

Also abroad you do not need a degree to get a job unlike where all employes here in Nigeria make it compulsory to a degree to get a good job in a reputable company

but as for me, I believe in myself and I do not have a degree here in Nigeria just professional course thou I studied abroad but it wasn't easy for me to get a job, I only did because I was able to beat the other candidates who have got degrees. I am the only employer in my coy who doesn't have a degree cool

In conclusion, do your research very well also check the state of condition you are currently in, if it worth relocating or not, if it's worth then work towards it and fly but if you think it's not and you can survive in this economy then stay and face the battle field.

Cheers!

Well said bro.Well said

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Functions Of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority And 6 Ways They Make Money / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries (photos) / Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.