Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) (1148 Views)

Health Tips Which Can Help Protect Your Kid’s Health During This Rainy Season / How To Prevent Divorce - Things You Should Establish In Early Marriage / How Can You Manage To Kiss Your Wife With Mouth Odour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Kabidoye(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ways You Can Prevent Body Odour Body odor, just like mouth odor, is an unpleasant thing that anybody can grapple with.... Medically referred to as bromhidrosis, experts say body odour occurs when the bacteria on the skin's surface breaks down sweat into acid, releasing malodorous chemical compounds in the process.
Here are some ways you can prevent Body Odor:
1. Bathe with warm water in the morning, at night and after any strenuous activity. Warm water killsoff bacteria that are present on the skin.
2. Use an antibacterial soap to wash areas that are prone to body odor.
3. Dust your underarms, your groin area and beneath the breasts with baking soda. This will absorb odor and prevent moisture that provides the ideal environment for odor-causing bacteria.
4. Soak a wash cloth in apple cider vinegar and wipe down areas of the body that contain bad odor. Besure to get in-between fat rolls andother areas where moisture can accumulate. - Follow the vinegar application with a clean dry wash cloth to remove excess moisture. If the skinis not thoroughly dried, odor-causing bacteria can accumulate and fungus may grow.
5. Use a crystal rock stick in place of deodorant. It will not reduce perspiration, but it will balance out the pH level on the skin, thereby reducing the development of odor-causing bacteria.
6. Chew parsley to neutralize body odor. The chlorophyll will even out the body's pH levels.
7. Carry baby wipes with you so you can wipe areas where odor occurs. Throughout the day, use a wipe under the arms and around the groin area.
8. Clothing: natural fibres allow your skin to breathe, resulting in better evaporation of sweat. Natural-made fibres include wool, silk or cotton.

2 Likes

Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
9. Ensure you wear a fresh change of clothes daily. Recycling sticky undies is a definite no-no.

10. Invest in quality perfumes.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Efe did u say perf?
Ok o!
U need to tell that to d deeper life and lord's chosen members.
Common deodorant is war cheesy

They r wordly things.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 6:21am On Dec 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Efe did u say perf?
Ok o!

They r wordly things.

Are you serious?

So you mean after sweating bucketfulls during one of their many vigorous prayer sessions, they feel it's okay to stink up the place with BO (Body Odour?)

How ungodly is that?
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Kabidoye(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Are you serious?

So you mean after sweating bucketfulls during one of their many vigorous prayer sessions, they feel it's okay to stink up the place with BO (Body Odour?)

How ungodly is that?

Na waa o. So people still do that?

[quote author=Efemena_xy]9. Ensure you wear a fresh change of clothes daily. Recycling sticky undies is a definite no-no.

Recycling undies? WTF? Speechless!!!
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Efe did u say perf?
Ok o!

They r wordly things.

This isn't about Deeper Life or Lord's Chosen members, most Nigerians don't understand the use of deodorants!
Ayam tired of pple telling me to talk to my Nigerian friends to stop smelling!
Ayam tired of sitting close to some Nigerians and find it difficult to breathe! angry
Nd No, these people are not Deeper Lifers.
I even know Deeper Lifers who use deodorants.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ Very true.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by baby124: 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ability to smell your self is very important. Some people can wake up the dead and pretend they cannot smell themselves. Invest in cotton clothes only if you are a sweaty person. Use good deodorant before any perfume. Body Odour and perfume mix is a disaster. If deodorant is too expensive, dusting powder is a wonderful alternative. This body Odour issue is a big problem in Nigeria. Enter any enclosed space and sometimes you want to dive for cover. Tenk
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ Haha!

The smell of unwashed armpits eh?

A good scrub down with soap should solve the problem. Then after anti-perspirants and perfumes. Basic hygiene stuff.

How Nigerian can walk about without a care in the world, smelling like skunks beats me. I blame their parents.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by baby124: 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Haha!

The smell of unwashed armpits eh?

A good scrub down with soap should solve the problem. Then after anti-perspirants and perfumes. Basic hygiene stuff.

How Nigerian can walk about without a care in the world, smelling like skunks beats me. I blame their parents.
Lol. Lmao. It's too much. Dusting powder alone is cheap and works very well for those who claim not to like strong scents or can't afford it. Even if you can't afford to smell nice, smell neutral. Also trimming the hairs in the armpits is very helpful for free flow of air. Funny that most people I know that smell are quite neat and fanatic with the neatness. Ability to smell yourself is very important. If I don't use deodorant in a day I am constantly smelling myself or paranoid about any smell around me. I don't know how they can claim not to smell a stench that announces them before their arrival. They need medical help with their sense of smell
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ Too right. It's absolutely disgraceful.

You need to see the stock and range of age-appropriate deodorants and perfumes i've got for my teenage sons. At least three different types of bathing soaps in the bathrooms for them to choose from.

I don't mince my words to them if I catch a whiff of male musky smell on them. Ha! Nor be my pikins people got take say black always reek of BO!
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by baby124: 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Too right. It's absolutely disgraceful.

You need to see the stock and range of age-appropriate deodorants and perfumes i've got for my teenage sons. At least three different types of bathing soaps in the bathrooms for them to choose from.

I don't mince my words to them if I catch a whiff of male musky smell on them. Ha! Nor be my pikins people got take say black always reek of BO!
Lmao
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aluta don fex! cheesy
No fex darling kiss

I said deeper life cos my friend said its a wordly thing. She uses powder.
That one u know must be half deeper life member.
I don tire to talk. Sure deodorant is not more than 250naira.
Some don't shave down below. Some wear 1 set of pant for up yrs.
Some wear boxer for.........., infact, some use one toothbrush for more than a year.
On top that we go dey spray perf.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Aluta don fex! cheesy
No fex darling kiss

I said deeper life cos my friend said its a wordly thing. She uses powder.
That one u know must be half deeper life member.
I don tire to talk. Sure deodorant is not more than 250naira.
Some don't shave down below. Some wear 1 set of pant for up yrs.
Some wear boxer for.........., infact, some use one toothbrush for more than a year.
On top that we go dey spray perf.

Lol....this whole odour thing annoys the hell outta me...i'm even tired sef. Any small opportunity I have, na to dey preach y'all shld pls use deodorants and do some shaving too! embarassed
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ Some guys feel shaving their pub!c hairs is unmanly.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Some guys feel shaving their pub!c hairs is unmanly.

undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry
Nd d arm-pit own too?
The armpit area of some guys' shirts is indescribable lipsrsealed
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Too right. It's absolutely disgraceful.

Right!
Abeg, teach them d right thing. I never knew men apply deodorant at the upper down below until I got married.
I can only call a man that smells fine with a good dress sense a gentleman. Not one inside an armani suit yet smelling like a dog on heat.

1 Like

Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Some guys feel shaving their pub!c hairs is unmanly.
shocked shocked
No wonder!
Now I can c why some............oh my God!
I feel like vomitin.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
shocked shocked
No wonder!
Now I can c why some............oh my God!
I feel like vomitin.

YPP, wia u see man armpit come smell am too undecided lipsrsealed tongue

At topic, use baby wipes to clean yur area when water not available or long journey
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chilli, stop pulling my leg o!
Make I no vomit abeg. I take my church mind beg u.

Baby wipe for naija for adults?
I laugh in swahili!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry
Nd d arm-pit own too?
The armpit area of some guys' shirts is indescribable lipsrsealed

Lol!

How you take know? cheesy cheesy

yellowpawpaw:
Right!
Abeg, teach them d right thing. I never knew men apply deodorant at the upper down below until I got married.
I can only call a man that smells fine with a good dress sense a gentleman. Not one inside an armani suit yet smelling like a dog on heat.

Haha! You wan try them? Scratch beneath the surface and all that... grin grin

Like I said, teach a child right and they won't depart from it. Even if they do, it'll always be at the back of their mind - the difference between right and wrong.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Chilli, stop pulling my leg o!
Make I no vomit abeg. I take my church mind beg u.

Baby wipe for naija for adults?
I laugh in swahili!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Keep one in your office or take along one when travelling.
It cleans everything after taking a pee or sh1t. Last a long time and you feel cool too to do ikwokirikwo at anytime cheesy

Even at home, use it.
Using a pant liner can not make you feel totally fresh down there during a long day.
Try it. Cost little and plenty in the pack.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ I'm totally with you on the baby wipes thingy.

Infact, I go for the scented ones. It beats having to use dry toiletrolls which can't take away all the crustiness around the bum after having a big shyte.

Wipes on the other hand do a much better job as they are damp and the scented ones are an extra plus. In dire situations where you haven't even got water to wash your hands after your toilet activities, anti-bacterial hand wipes come in handy.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=Efemena_xy]^^ I'm totally with you on the baby wipes thingy.

Infact, I go for the scented one. It beats having to use dry toiletrolls which can't take away all the crustiness around the bum after having a big shyte.

Wipes on the other hand do a much better job as they are damp and the scented ones are an extra plus. In dire situations where you haven't even got water to wash your hands after your toilet activities, anti-bacterial hand wipes come in handy.

[/quote/]

Considering those stubborn an_us hair that shows most times while preggy grin

Needs a gentle scented baby wipes.
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chilli, e bi like say u no get me.
When its very hard for some of us to use ordinary deodorant, its baby wipe u want them to buy and carry around.

Efe even suggested anti microbial hand wipe.
Eew, una no go kill me today. cheesy cheesy
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Chilli, e bi like say u no get me.
When its very hard for some of us to use ordinary deodorant, its baby wipe u want them to buy and carry around.

We keep trying
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Chilli, e bi like say u no get me.

YPP, if you're travelling by road from Lagos to Benin and you desperately need to do a number 1 at one of those roadside petrol station toilets...you'll understand the purpose of those baby wipes for your bum and anti-bacterial wipes or hand gel if there's no water supply there.

Remember, we girls don't ever sit on public toilets. Na to squat and do your business there and even if you must sit (ewwww!!!) you'll those anti-bacterial wipes to clean the seat properly, then lay some baby wipes ontop that sit before placing your laps on it.

Chillisauce:

We keep trying

Na so now. cheesy
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^^ which toilet u talking about. Na bush runs o
Re: Health Tips: See Ways To Prevent Body Odour!(must Read) by EfemenaXY: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
All the more reason to have those wipes handy then cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Signs That An Abusive Partner Is Truly Repentant ( or not ) / Beware Of Mr. Frank. / Fashola's Uncle Did Not Beat Up Any Woman. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.