Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting (22452 Views)

Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by nduchucks: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2013
We dey observe

Worried by the disunity in the South-West zone of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former President Obasanjo has summoned a meeting of the stakeholders in the zone for today.

Saturday Tribune learnt that the fence mending meeting would hold at Chief Obasanjo’s Top Hill residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

According to a source, all the six states, namely; Ekiti, Lagos, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ogun would be represented at the meeting while invitation had been extended to the states’ representatives.

“We are having a meeting with Baba Obasanjo on Saturday (today) in Abeokuta. We have not received any counter order (from Abuja). We are going there to know the way forward.

Honestly, we don’t know what is happening to the PDP in the South-West. We have lost our identity in the scheme of things; strangers seem to have taken over the party we laboured for because of disunity among us, so, I think the meeting is timely,”the source told Saturday Tribune in confidence on Friday.

It was further learnt that five representatives per state are being expected at the meeting.

Source

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2013
Fuulish man. We are getting ready for a conference that will change our world forever this one is talking south west PDP.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by ojeka1(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2013
Second to comment
Just passing
----oooO---
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)
-----------Oooo
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
Wetin concern Boko_haram wit
ASUU....Abeg
who get pin mouth charger?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by luvinhubby(m): 8:47am On Dec 14, 2013
This man is getting too desperate to remain relevant in Nigeria politics, and I`m wondering for what purpose? lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2013
Baba on rampage,
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:57am On Dec 14, 2013
Baba on mission unknown only to himself .
Baba on rampage to recover south west from Tinubu,

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by donphilopus: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2013
I'll like to see the outcome of the meeting.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by oshyno(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2013
This man is firing from all cylinder. I dont trust him one bit.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by tomakint: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2013
This Obasanjo will not cease to amaze me with his Awada keri keri style of politics grin grin grin the division in Southwest PDP has come to stay and there is nothing a one thousand Obasanjos can do to that! Whatever the outcome of their meeting that will still not stop Jonathan from winning come 2015!

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by PointB: 9:11am On Dec 14, 2013
In what capacity?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by nduchucks: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2013
PointB: In what capacity?

Great question. This meeting shows how out of control and ineffective GEJ really is. The man has lost control of his own party, otherwise he would have made sure that this meeting does not take place as planned. Since he did not stop the meeting, GEJ should immediately suspend OBJ from PDP for anti party activities. ko kwa?

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by israel007: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2013
We'll expected that
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2013
"Survival of the fittest" is the name and game of nigerian politics. While obasanjo is a drowning man grappling at the little hold he has to survive and bounce back to relevance, Goodluck is queitly watching. From a self-hate letter to calling of emergency meeting, what next?

I pity we nigerians who take sides in al this brouhaha. They can continue to fight for survival, one thing is sure, it will never be business as usual for all this politicians because the citizens are getting more and more enlightened. When all their excesses reaches its elastic limit, they shall all be consumed and the citizens liberated.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Waspy(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2013
A high level of paranoia in the air already. GEJ would be left worked up and guessing. No matter the bone of contention, its definitely antiPDP and antiGEJ
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by PointB: 9:42am On Dec 14, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Great question. This meeting shows how out of control and ineffective GEJ really is. The man has lost control of his own party, otherwise he would have made sure that this meeting does not take place as planned. Since he did not stop the meeting, GEJ should immediately suspend OBJ from PDP for anti party activities. ko kwa?

I will not rule out the possibility that GEJ allow the meeting to hold to gain more intelligence on the next line of action of Obj. The game is still on.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by aaniagu(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2013
obj is a loser already. The southeast are more marginalized than the south west, instead d igbos on top are selfish. Obj has forgotten when he wanted the 3rd term ambition? It is the contitutional right for gudluck to re-contest even though he is that pro-active. OBJ should cover his face in shame and go back to his own part of the national cake(otta farm) obj don't know that buhari and apc wil jail him for corruption if they triump over gudluck. Igbos when are we going to rule nigeria? Only igbos should answer. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Brimmie(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2013
Abeg Baba should turn to a Stand-up Comedian.. I just like dey hear from am! E dey always sweet me!

Ebora Owu! cheesy cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2013
What is wrong with this shameless old man?

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 14, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Did President Jonathan ra.pe your sister?

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by nerodenero: 9:52am On Dec 14, 2013
babyface333: "Survival of the fittest" is the name and game of nigerian politics. While obasanjo is a drowning man grappling at the little hold he has to survive and bounce back to relevance, Goodluck is queitly watching. From a self-hate letter to calling of emergency meeting, what next?

I pity we nigerians who take sides in al this brouhaha. They can continue to fight for survival, one thing is sure, it will never be business as usual for all this politicians because the citizens are getting more and more enlightened. When all their excesses reaches its elastic limit, they shall all be consumed and the citizens liberated.
I cant just wait for the elastic limit to be exceeded.
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by aydoth(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2013
Could it be that Baba is planning to decamp to APC?
Now looking for followers...

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by fkaz(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2013
ndu_chucks:

grin grin grin i don't think Bamanga Tukur is even aware of this.
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by YoursGEJ(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2013
oya make dem send police to go cordon off Baba's house so that the meeting no go hold. Abi no be the fisherman tactic be that?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Aromas: 9:56am On Dec 14, 2013
Promhize: What is wrong with this shameless old man?

Fool, who b ur papa self??

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by LMAyedun(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2013
Na Wah oh!!
Baba Iyabo in action... Fingers crossed.
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2013
I remember what my lecturer in the university said, "Obasanjo always comes in when things get bad, to fix them."

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Rilwayne001: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2013
Bout to defect to APC

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Davo93(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2013
It seems Obasanjo continues to show concern on the situation of things in PDP and Nigeria at large.

I hope his intervention yields. If this works, Nigeria may be on her path back to goodness because PDP remains the only TRUE national party we have got in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2013
In what capacity is he 'summoning' a meeting of South-West PDP?

This old buffoon should stop parading himself as anything more than a mere EX head of state! He should emulate his statesmanly predecessors and give it a rest!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by gratiaeo(m): 10:04am On Dec 14, 2013
GEj should as a matter of urgency without fear or favor, arrest all the corrupt government functionaries both the ex and present. Including OBJ, IBB, ATIKU etc. By taking action, no one will henceforth call you dumb. Forget 2015 and damn the consequence of your action.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by gratiaeo(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2013
We are observing
Re: Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting by superior1: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2013
Ebora Owu has got a plan, watch out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. / Abia North: Senator Kalu Reconstructs, Renovates Schools (Photos) / Deji Adeyanju: Obi Fans Are Known Liars And Fake News Merchants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.