Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists (8088 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 14, 2013
You do not believe that there is a supreme being(God) and that there is an invisible force that pervades the universe. Fine.

So, do you care to explain how these phenominons are brought about?

(1) MIRACLES
I do not mean the staged "miracles" by some hungry, self-acclaimed "men of God". I'm talking about the genuine first-hand miracles like seeing a known cripple with very thin legs who has never walked all his life being made to walk.

(2) MAGIC
We are africans. You should know what I mean. I'm not talking about the physics-induced magic we see on tv shows. I mean stuffs like bullet-proof and amulets against matchet cuts and so on.

If you do not mind, I would also want to know what caused the Big Bang.

The big bang is our current, most accepted theory for how the universe began. It was inspired by the discovery that the universe is expanding.
Any answer to this problem must begin with a key realization: both time and space are contained within the universe and came into existence only AFTER the Big Bang occurred. The cause of the universe must not include them, they are not available to us. It must come from outside our experience.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Areaboy2(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2013
Miracles: show me a regenerated limb

Magic: is there anything Chris Angel can't do?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Ajibam: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2013
Area_boy: Miracles: show me a regenerated limb

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2013
Area_boy: Miracles: show me a regenerated limb

what about the "big bang"?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chris Angel that dude is from another planet.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
iyke926: Chris Angel that dude is from another planet.
do you mind explaining the cause of the big bang?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
I wonder why you all are avoiding the big bang question.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
If no one is willing to answer the big bang question then I'll conclude that there is a supreme being which caused the big bang.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: If no one is willing to answer the big bang question then I'll conclude that there is a supreme being which caused the big bang.

How did the supreme being cause the big bang
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
rationalmind:

How did the supreme being cause the big bang
what else caused it??
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by AVmonster: 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: what else caused it??
He's not asking what but how... Did he create the universe from nothing?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by DKJaleel: 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: If no one is willing to answer the big bang question then I'll conclude that there is a supreme being which caused the big bang.
an illogical conclusion...
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
DK Jaleel:
an illogical conclusion...
I'm still waiting for your logical explanation bro.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by PopeXanderVII: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Miracles: A lot of things go on behind the scenes with regards to Miracles. Stooges are used but most times it's downright trickery. The Pastor makes people fall by putting them in a Hypnotic trance, they usually do this using the slow "worship" Music. An individual in a Trace is very easy to Manipulate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA_0JnKZrO0

In the Video above, Derren Brown explains how some "Faith Healers" use Trickery to deceive.

Magic: You mentioned Bullet proof from Magic. You need to understand that, it takes a skilled marksman to hit a Target with a gun. An individual with little to no training shooting will not be able to hit even a Target in front of him. Also if there is poor lighting, accuracy is decreased by a great magnitude.

There is no generally accepted explanation for what Caused the Big Bang. The only explanation i can give you is my Opinion. The Universe and everything in general existed as Point known as a Singularity, as time went on this point started to expand to form what we see and know of today. I feel that this expansion was caused by a sudden change in Factors such as the Volume and Density which evidently led to a great amount of heat and Radiation formed. This will explain the Left over heat from the Big Bang that was discovered in the 60s by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson(They both won Nobel Prizes).

In conclusion, i have merely stated Hypotheses, Hypotheses which i see as the only Logical explanations. I am in no way trying to undermine anyone's religion but from what i have seen of this World, i highly doubt that the Supernatural exists.

Have a Wonderful day.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Kay17: 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
Science steals God's show.

The Big Bang theory is merely a proposition given our understanding of physics. We try to compare white holes and black holes with the events of the big ban.g. However our understanding of just this Universe has revealed it mysterious nature.

We are beginning to understand that there is the possibility that time travels nonlinearly. That is, time can reverse, pause, progress, accelerate. That the fabric of spacetime is more fragile than we thought. We are beginning to see the possibility of billions and billions of universes! It is mind blowing!

From my own view, I dismiss the need for God, because already we are redefining our presumptious/commonsense concepts, we are redefining "nothing", questioning change/causality aND God is still bound by his 19th century definition.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pope Xander VII: Miracles: A lot of things go on behind the scenes with regards to Miracles. Stooges are used but most times it's downright trickery. The Pastor makes people fall by putting them in a Hypnotic trance, they usually do this using the slow "worship" Music. An individual in a Trace is very easy to Manipulate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA_0JnKZrO0

In the Video above, Derren Brown explains how some "Faith Healers" use Trickery to deceive.

Magic: You mentioned Bullet proof from Magic. You need to understand that, it takes a skilled marksman to hit a Target with a gun. An individual with little to no training shooting will not be able to hit even a Target in front of him. Also if there is poor lighting, accuracy is decreased by a great magnitude.

There is no generally accepted explanation for what Caused the Big Bang. The only explanation i can give you is my Opinion. The Universe and everything in general existed as Point known as a Singularity, as time went on this point started to expand to form what we see and know of today. I feel that this expansion was caused by a sudden change in Factors such as the Volume and Density which evidently led to a great amount of heat and Radiation formed. This will explain the Left over heat from the Big Bang that was discovered in the 60s by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson(They both won Nobel Prizes).

In conclusion, i have merely stated Hypotheses, Hypotheses which i see as the only Logical explanations. I am in no way trying to undermine anyone's religion but from what i have seen of this World, i highly doubt that the Supernatural exists.

Have a Wonderful day.

I'm not still satisfied with your hypotheses. You made mention of singularity. What, or who created the factors that led to the singularity?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: what else caused it??

You didn't answer my question. HOW did the supreme being cause the big bang
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kay 17: Science steals God's show.

The Big Bang theory is merely a proposition given our understanding of physics. We try to compare white holes and black holes with the events of the big ban.g. However our understanding of just this Universe has revealed it mysterious nature.

We are beginning to understand that there is the possibility that time travels nonlinearly. That is, time can reverse, pause, progress, accelerate. That the fabric of spacetime is more fragile than we thought. We are beginning to see the possibility of billions and billions of universes! It is mind blowing!

From my own view, I dismiss the need for God, because already we are redefining our presumptious/commonsense concepts, we are redefining "nothing", questioning change/causality aND God is still bound by his 19th century definition.

Excellent.
But unfortunately, homo religilous Nigriana is too cranially handicapped at this time to get the gist.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kay 17: Science steals God's show.

thank you for your honesty even though you do not see the need for God. There surely is a supreme being.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: You do not believe that there is a supreme being(God) and that there is an invisible force that pervades the universe. Fine.

So, do you care to explain how these phenominons are brought about?

(1) MIRACLES
I do not mean the staged "miracles" by some hungry, self-acclaimed "men of God". I'm talking about the genuine first-hand miracles like seeing a known cripple with very thin legs who has never walked all his life being made to walk.

(2) MAGIC
We are africans. You should know what I mean. I'm not talking about the physics-induced magic we see on tv shows. I mean stuffs like bullet-proof and amulets against matchet cuts and so on.

If you do not mind, I would also want to know what caused the Big Bang.

The big bang is our current, most accepted theory for how the universe began. It was inspired by the discovery that the universe is expanding.
Any answer to this problem must begin with a key realization: both time and space are contained within the universe and came into existence only AFTER the Big Bang occurred. The cause of the universe must not include them, they are not available to us. It must come from outside our experience.

Ahhhh.
Not again! shocked
Another set of juvenile questions for atheists. undecided

What exactly has atheism have to do with miracles and magic?
Even is there is indeed a first cause or god, what has that got to do with the questions above?
What is the connection?
Can somebody please help me out?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Kay17: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy:
thank you for your honesty even though you do not see the need for God. There surely is a supreme being.

That's mere faith
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
Where are they?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
plaetton:

Ahhhh.
Not again! shocked
Another set of juvenile questions for atheists. undecided

What exactly has atheism have to do with miracles and magic?
Even is there is indeed a first cause or god, what has that got to do with the questions above?
What is the connection?
Can somebody please help me out?
I was just wondering if you could give logical explanations to the cases of miracles and magic.
Do you mind explaining the cause of the big bang knowing that both time and space are contained within the universe and came into existence only AFTER the Big Bang occurred?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: I was just wondering if you could give logical explanations to the cases of miracles and magic.
Do you mind explaining the cause of the big bang knowing that both time and space are contained within the universe and came into existence only AFTER the Big Bang occurred?

Why do you think an atheist owe you an explanation of your so-called miracles and magic?

Atheism is NOT A PROPOSITION.

How many million times do we need to scream this?

If you wanna credit magic and your so-called miracles to sky daddy, you are the one who has to show proof.

The big bang could have been caused by tons of different known cosmic variables, and millions of unknown or yet to be known cosmic variables.
The fact that we don't know all is what makes learning about the universe dynamic , interesting and worthwhile.

Manufacturing an invisible skydaddy, who is magically an uncaused cause, is lazy, a cop-out , and a dangerous disinsentive to explore and learn.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
plaetton:

Why do you think an atheist owe you an explanation of your so-called miracles and magic?

Atheism is NOT A PROPOSITION.

How many million times do we need to scream this?

If you wanna credit magic and your so-called miracles to sky daddy, you are the one who has to show proof.

The big bang could have been caused by tons of different known cosmic variables, and millions of unknown or yet to be known cosmic variables.
The fact that we don't know all is what makes learning about the universe dynamic , interesting and worthwhile.

Manufacturing an invisible skydaddy, who is magically an uncaused cause, is lazy, a cop-out , and a dangerous disinsentive to explore and learn.
here we go again. What brought the cosmic variables into existence?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: here we go again. What brought the cosmic variables into existence?

How did God bring them into existence
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by DKJaleel: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: I was just wondering if you could give logical explanations to the cases of miracles and magic.
from the way i see it, by giving logical explanations for miracles, it doesn't make it a miracle anymore, meaning miracles dont exist, except you provide real time proofs...
And magic, it can be real and can also be an illusion. More 'real' than miracle, and a better term to use..
i know where this is heading..that maybe God or some supernatural power is responsible..well, cant say, cos i dont think the two are real..
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
rationalmind:

How did God bring them into existence
Do you agree that he exists?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: here we go again. What brought the cosmic variables into existence?

Here we go again.
Big laugh.

Perhaps they evolved?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by MrTroll(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
He will keep asking what caused whatever thing you guys tell him. Read my signature.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
kolawaxxy: Do you agree that he exists?

I will when you explain to me in details how God brought the cosmic variables
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2013

Nonsense!

Will you also be willing to accept that the supreme being outside the universe that caused the big bang might have been a spaghetti meatball from another universe?
After all, the planets and stars are shaped like meatballs. wink

You have no idea how your proposition contradicts itself.

1st. Anything that is not within the confines of our universe does not exist in our universe. True or false?

2nd. If a supreme being(just semantics) living outside the universe caused the big bang, then that supreme being, whether spaghetti meat ball or something else, does not exist in our universe. True or false?

3rd. If the supreme meatball(god) exists within the confines of the universe, then itself cannot remain whole or static, and therefore is subject to the governing laws of the universe. Therefore god or the supreme meatball is embedded in the fabric of the universe, and therefore cannot be supreme or immutable. True or false?

The implication of this is that an imbedded god cannot be purposeful, cannot be personal, cannot be worshiped, cannot have likes and dislikes, etc., and of course cannot have created the universe.

So, a god existing outside the universe is a contradiction because such a god cannot be said to exist in the universe.
A god existing and embedded within universe is also a contradiction because it could not have created the universe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

@ / Let's List All The Versions Of The Bible / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.