Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg (2685 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium / (PICTURES)Grand Opening Of Oyedepo’s Largest Auditorium In East & Central Africa / Do You Kow The Largest Church Auditorium In The World Is In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by akubudejud(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2013
Nothing Can Stop The Building Of The New 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg..
Mark 10:27 (And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible)

..I do get worried when I read the negative comments people are passing regarding RCCG and the proposed 3 km by 3 km New Auditorium..!WELL, whether you are a Christian or not, please when it comes to addressing 'MEN OF GOD'' whether they are FAKE or NOT, I will really want us to be very careful, many of us feel we are very bold or maybe extremely intelligent to say or write anything against people much especially our leaders post them on Facebook, Nairaland or any other social media, there are consequences for hating others you know! this make's you a self-righteous person who always look better than others, those you are condemning or criticizing may be doing the wrong thing no doubt, but you are not doing it for God either. You remember the story of Moses? hmmm! well, in politics that could be allowed and fine! But when it comes to things like this please be careful? Criticism is not new to the church of God even Christ was condemned too despite all His good deeds. Well, Some times this men of God may need it to be focus but beware! as some of you will soon criticize me after reading this, but can your criticism stop God's work?The answer is a CAPITAL NO!

Hear this, it doesn't really matter how rich a country may be, there will still be poor people, give them money every day THEY WILL REMAIN POOR...even in the time of Christ Jesus our Lord there were poor people that remain poor and even poorer because they refuse to do those things that could change their lives, God will not force things on you! Or make you rich by force as you have the power to choose who to worship so also you have the power to change your status.When you refuse to be educated for instance there are some level in life you can not get to no matter the help you receive from man (Choice)... certain things HE (God) said in His word that you need to do to be prosperous, you try them and find out, been poor or associating with the downtrodden always for the world to celebrate you is not a sign that you are Holy neither will prosperity take any of us to Heaven.

Now, my point is this, because you see someone walking with his or her bear foots or wearing rags attending Redeem church does not necessarily make the church insensitive to the plight of the poor. You don't criticize just because some other people are doing the same. Even if you give money to the less privileged in the church every day that will not make you a good person neither will it stop poverty in the midst of God's people you call 'poor people' any church you go today there will always be the poor, sick and the needy by the world standard. It wasn't all sick people that were healed during the time of Jesus Christ because all depends on the individual that need help.

There are various channels to help people in the church, and I most let you know that in all the Redeemed churches I know, they operate a functional welfare department that take care of the very needy people in the church and these are in different categories but the Irony of it all is that 90% of non Christian and non Redeemed members troop to these churches for help every day, scholarships program in the church is for the less privileged and in fact I got my job today through the help of the church.

I must let you know that the word 'POVERTY' is relative and is a thing of the mind, you will remain poor when you think you are poor and to come out of poverty you will need an ideology change and a new mind-set, Blessings comes in different ways and forms and all is not about money,money and money. Going out to distribute food and money to the less privileged is good indeed but don't you think I rather get the hook than the fish so I can be independent? God will not change His principles (word) because of any economic recession in the land! Whether you like it or not poor people will still be in the church because poverty isn't the absent of Money but the state of your mind..!

If you don't want to be poor learn to give, it is a natural principle (Law) that is applicable to every body even the Bible confirms it, that the more you hold onto what you have the more you remain stagnant like the lake that do not releases its water to its surroundings sooner or later it will sting and even dry up.Giving in the church or else where will only add to you positively.

Before I joined Redeem Church, Sentiment apart now, I condemn this whole thing of asking people to give,Tithing,Vow,Pledge,sowing of seed etc. Because I felt that why will someone ask me to give when I don't have since am 'POOR' and Jobless, but do you know the truth? Every one of us have something to give not necessarily to the church, remember the story of the widow in the Bible? She gave all even in her 'POVERTY'...In fact, I remain Jobless and miserable because I was a miser I don't pay tithe not only in the church but other contribution that involves money to help others, giving was my problem then. Joining the church however, changed my whole experience and ideology (when you don't plant you cannot harvest)

Afterward, I now see that giving make me happier, I became a blessing to others instead of collecting all the time from people trying to help me, I now give out from the little I have. So, no amount of criticism will make me not to contribute or give to Gods work, how they use or spend the money is not my business let God be the right Judge,the devil is enslaving people not to understand this basic and golden principle of life and I must tell you that it’s working for both believers and non believers alike.

Now,..After five years I left the University and searching for Job I decided to obey Gods word by giving and releasing the little I have even in pain! I was surprised with a very good job I never struggled for, got married with children bought my first car and later another one. I even further my education and WITHIN FOUR YEARS my whole life changed spiritually and physically, I discovered the secret of ‘GIVING AND IT SHALL BE GIVING UNTO YOU. EVEN IN MANY RETURNS’ that is the secret of THE CHURCH Redeem! aside from preaching Holiness the church believed in giving and obeying God injunction in tithing. Now, this may not be applicable to you but I believed it.

The building of the new auditorium is not subjectable to any public opinion but God's direction, people who give wrongfuly will not get any reward because you don't steal from others to help God's work. If your money is not clean please refrain from giving for you will recieve nothing from God.Though, many who by now know this secret will continue to give irrespective of your negative comments about the church. You can't imagine the number of people working in the Redemption camp now and the businesses that is going on there for both Christian and non Christian, a forest was turned into a CITY that is still growing. WHY do we dwell mostly on the negative? I think it is time for us to pray for our leaders both spiritual and political and stop condemning them. Can you really do better than them when you are in there shoes? do you really have a clear conscience when you condemn others, are you so sure you are doing the right things too? Those are food for thought..!

Like what SOMEONE rightly said...

'that if most of you were alive, you would have equally blasted Solomon for spending a great deal of gold, silver, precious stones, cedar etc building a temple that took a whooping seven years to build because of its complex architectural design. You would have organized protest calling it a waste. Maybe you would have insulted him on Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland, you name it... But God was pleased with Solomon and appeared to him right after the dedication. And there were still poor people in the land. Even Jesus said, "The poor you will always
Have with you, but you will not always have me". Mathew 26:11. Letting us know that helping the poor is important but not as kingdom and its expansion'

So many of you may disagree with me since you feel,

..prosperity do not come only when you pay your tithe to the church..
..non christian are also prospering even without tithing..
..poor people are been forced to give tithe in the church..

Now

..its a matter of choice and belief
..what works for you may not work for others..
..there are people that are not Christian but are comfortable without giving..

You are entitled to your own opinion ..It is all about 'TIME'

but..
The truth is that, do what you you believed in..there is always a reward for everything You do under the sun.

Remain blessed..!

1 Like

Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
If you like build 10,000km x 10,000km auditorium na you sabi
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by POPEII: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
chukwudi44: If you like build 10,000km x 10,000km auditorium na you sabi
ah ah

I have one question op, why is that you protestants spend your time preaching against Catholics? Don't you have muslim and pagans souls to win ?

1 Like

Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by akubudejud(m): 12:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: ah ah

I have one question op, why is that you protestants spend your time preaching against Catholics? Don't you have muslim and pagans souls to win ?

..was there any mentioning of the Catholic church in this write-up?please, we are meant to encourage ourselves as one body and not to condemn each other no Hard feelings for other denominations..it is well..!

2 Likes

Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by POPEII: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
akubudejud:

..was there any mentioning of the Catholic church in this write-up?please, we are meant to encourage ourselves as one body and not to condemn each other no Hard feelings for other denominations..it is well..!
you are right the question was off topic and I was talking in general .
As for the topic, I don't see anything wrong in what he's doing, but I would have been more happy if the money was invested in more useful things and to spread God's message.
Build schools, orphanages, medical centers and churches where there are none or few that's all I have to stay
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by lomprico(m): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Who wan stop una b4?
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by akubudejud(m): 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: you are right the question was off topic and I was talking in general .
As for the topic, I don't see anything wrong in what he's doing, but I would have been more happy if the money was invested in more useful things and to spread God's message.
Build schools, orphanages, medical centers and churches where there are none or few that's all I have to stay

..let Just Pray for our leaders..!
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by crown777(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Big church is not going to take anyone to heaven. I think Men of God should focus on encouraging followers to have a good heart and allow God to live in them. Attending the biggest church in the world is not a ticket to heaven and trust me the church will remain on earth. That money should be spend wisely.. If the missionaries that came around in the early 90's focused on building churches by now 97% of Nigerian would probably be uneducated.. Build more schools, hospitals and less churches.. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by akubudejud(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2013
crown777: Big church is not going to take anyone to heaven. I think Men of God should focus on encouraging followers to have a good heart and allow God to live in them. Attending the biggest church in the world is not a ticket to heaven and trust me the church will remain on earth. That money should be spend wisely.. If the missionaries that came around in the early 90's focused on building churches by now 97% of Nigerian would probably be uneducated.. Build more schools, hospitals and less churches.. Thank you

..hmmmm..!your perspective OK!
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Why not use the money to build factories? China landed on the moon,our achievement is 3x3km church!

2 Likes

Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by akubudejud(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Why not use the money to build factories? China landed on the moon,our achievement is 3x3km church!
..your perspective is good too..remain blessed..!
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by Omexonomy: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2013
Which one is more preferable building factories or making church members sit under the rain and sun durring worship session.
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by nora544: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2013
Omexonomy: Which one is more preferable building factories or making church members sit under the rain and sun durring worship session.

Factories give work to people that they have money that they can buy food.

What brings it to have the biggest church when the people who pray in this church have nothing to eat.
Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by akubudejud(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2013
nora544:

Factories give work to people that they have money that they can buy food.

What brings it to have the biggest church when the people who pray in this church have nothing to eat.

..Mind you, RCCG is not trying or competing to build a Church,you should know that the Church 'RCCG' is established already all over the world by God Himself. So, the issue of 'the biggest church construction' is not what we are talking about here rather a place to take care of the people during worship sessions.

Please, don't address issues with sentiment, you don't blame the Church when people don't have food to eat or making them to take the role of the government by constructing factories, and beside every worshiper attending the RCCG conventions or congresses are properly fed during this programs except you decide not to eat. You should also know that the number of people employed at the redemption camp from various works of life and fields including non christians are far more than what any factories will offer. please, don't give comment if you don't have your facts,..building factories to help the masses is a good thing but it does not take the place of a sanctuary...!God bless you.

1 Like

Re: STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
i dont go to church and i do not choose a religion but i know the spirit exists.

What we are seeing among people who are saying "build more schools..", is nothing but pure arrogance towards anything religion which has dominated the whole of Europe already and is being aggressively pushed into Africa by westernization, through their education which equips the individual with the ability to question that which isnt scientific.
What we are seeing is the same aggressive secularism Pope Benedict XVI spoke about when he paid a state visit to the UK
Things like love, which are needed for this world to be in harmony, come naturally to the human being. They are located in organs which are not physically present in the human anatomy. That organ is called spirit!

We may not be able to see the spirit with our eyes, which means science cannot tell us anything about it. But becos we feel love everyday is the reason for us to believe that its source, spirit, truely exists!

Since from experience, we all know how important and central, virtues like love are to the existence of man, we cannot deny that its source, spirit, should be taken care of.

Aggressive secularism and science cannot address or explain the spirit. This is becos the spirit is beyond the comprehension of aggressive secularism and science.
Monly religion understands and explains the spirit.

I think the 3 by 3km church should continue.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Jesus Christ Doing Presently / Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria / If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.