Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,399 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa (3774 Views)

Fayose Begins The Construction Of Flyover In Ekiti State (Photos) / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by kaura5000: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kano to construct W’Africa ‘longest fly-over bridge’ at N10bn

DECEMBER 10, 2013 BY NAN 12 COMMENTS

print

Kano State Governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso, said on Tuesday that the state had embarked on the construction of its third fly-over bridge, which will be one of the longest bridges in the West African sub-region.

He was speaking at the ongoing Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Society of Engineers in Abuja where he received a Special Merit Award.

Kwankwaso said, “In the last two and a half years, we have initiated projects that have not only impacted on the lives of the people but should be of great interest to Nigerian engineers.

“For instance, two fly-overs are under construction in the city of Kano and work has reached an advanced stage.

“Only three weeks ago, the third fly-over contract was awarded at the Central Business Area of Kano at more than N10bn.

“It is one of the longest fly-over bridges in West African sub-region; this 1.76km flyover is expected to be completed within 14 months.”

He said the fly-over was constructed to ease traffic congestion around the Abubakar Rimi Market.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
I doubt
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by kaura5000: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
olala32: I doubt
because is not in your village thats why it is not possible... you guyz hatred for north always baffle me..and i must make it clear hear, must people talking shouting and yelling southern governors are trying are just ignorant of the situation in the north.. kwankwaso and lamido are far ahead in terms of development, not more than 2 or 3 governors can surpass them in terms of developing thier states.. lamido and kwankwaso are among best five governors in nigeria..

4 Likes

Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by phantom(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
longest flyover ke? Length is not as important as its function.they are making it look like they are building a designer bridge.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by kaura5000: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: longest flyover ke? Length is not as important as its function.they are making it look like they are building a designer bridge.
the area they are building the flyover is the central business district of the state..it is the busiest area in the state.. kwankwaso also is building 2 underpass (i.e underground roads) the 35 megawatts kano ipp, northwest university, kano film academy and kannywood film city, kano sports academy, and to cap it all with the kano metroline.... kano o ni baje o!

5 Likes

Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by phantom(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
kaura5000: the area they are building the flyover is the central business district of the state..it is the busiest area in the state.. kwankwaso also is building 2 underpass (i.e underground roads) the 35 megawatts kano ipp, northwest university, kano film academy and kannywood film city, kano sports academy, and to cap it all with the kano metroline.... kano o ni baje o!
my brother if you can move about town and get us some pictures, it would be appreciated.i hear the kano gov.is also a performer.

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by wasak(m): 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: my brother if you can move about town and get us some pictures, it would be appreciated.i hear the kano gov.is also a performer.
Seriously he's performing beyond words. U need to c the kano state sports academy, currently 3 estates are under construction, also a new university is already completed North west university, the flyovers will really ease traffic congestion, I wish I can get u pictures but that will be after ASUU strike... I'm in Lagos now
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by NafeesaAA(f): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
kano o ni baje o!
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by classicEntity(m): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
I don't know what's with the Nigerian government and the word 'To' smh sha
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by phantom(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
wasak:
Seriously he's performing beyond words. U need to c the kano state sports academy, currently 3 estates are under construction, also a new university is already completed North west university, the flyovers will really ease traffic congestion, I wish I can get u pictures but that will be after ASUU strike... I'm in Lagos now
hmm thats good to read.okay when you get back to kano then.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by agbameta: 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
Obviously not a begging state....
Kano o ni baje o..
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Arosa(m): 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
All the best to Kano.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by seunfly: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
The kwakwasoriya city concept is what i like. I wish many states including Lagos can do that, it will help to decongest the main city and give us a modern city designed for a specific functions.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Up kwankoso! Up APC!
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by adconline(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Why the fascination with "largest and Biggest in Africa" ? It's ur damn job!
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Kponkwem(m): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
They can initiate all the homongous projects so long as they freeload from south oil money. Their 1966-70 civil war victory gave them unfettered access to petro dollar that was never so in the era of Ahmadu Bello. And control of military and bureaucratic apparati. Gdluck to them on the new bridge.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by agbameta: 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kponkwem: They can initiate all the homongous projects so long as they freeload from south oil money. Their 1966-70 civil war victory gave them unfettered access to petro dollar that was never so in the era of Ahmadu Bello. And control of military and bureaucratic apparati. Gdluck to them on the new bridge.

Your mates dey progress, you sidon dey make rubbish nonsense about your stupid oil, the same oil that your own incompetent leaders in SS can not make good use of with all their derivations, NDDC. They can not even do the same thing this man in Kano is doing?

What are you building with your precious oil in SS? Nothing but stealing and stealing Alams style, Odili style, igbinedon style and ibori style..

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by homesteady(m): 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kwankawso, one of the best governors PDP has produced!
Too bad that he is now in APC!
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by homesteady(m): 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

Your mates dey progress, you sidon dey make rubbish nonsense about your stupid oil, the same oil that your own incompetent leaders in SS can not make good use of with all their derivations, NDDC. They can not even do the same thing this man in Kano is doing?

What are you building with your precious oil in SS? Nothing but stealing and stealing Alams style, Odili style, igbinedon style and ibori style..
You forgot to add oshiomole style grin

1 Like

Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by agbameta: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
homesteady:
You forgot to add oshiomole style grin

I didn't forget anything, he's not part of that crowd..
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by homesteady(m): 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

Yea! He has his own different crowd! Noise makers with little things to show? undecided
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by agbameta: 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
homesteady:
Yea! He has his own different crowd! Noise makers with little things to show? undecided

This is about KANO and their forward looking progress and bridge so try not to derail the thread.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Meanwhile, my people still dey cry for a second niger bridge! Oh lord have mercy! embarassed
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by homesteady(m): 12:02am On Dec 15, 2013
agbameta:

This is about KANO and their forward looking progress and bridge so try not to derail the thread.
Yea I know! I even have pictures of some of the bridges he's constructing!
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by teebaby2000: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2013
Kponkwem: They can initiate all the homongous projects so long as they freeload from south oil money. Their 1966-70 civil war victory gave them unfettered access to petro dollar that was never so in the era of Ahmadu Bello. And control of military and bureaucratic apparati. Gdluck to them on the new bridge.
. Ode
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by doofanc: 11:38am On Dec 15, 2013
worthy project but is it not rather misplaced? in the face of such grinding poverty in the state, shouldnt the money be channled towards empowering thier almajiris
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Olugbenger(m): 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nice. cool
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by victorulo(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
agbameta:

i must confess am 4rm d so-called oil-city of eket in akwaibom state n av been residing here 4 ova 3yrs nw. Having visited so many places in nigeria, kano inclusive, i cnt help giving u 1000LIKES. Problem wt we southerners is we jx tink oil automatically accords us d 1st-class status of development wt little 2 show 4 it al tnx 2 lack of xposure...'ur oyel' indeed
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by Energito: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
agbameta:

why?
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by basilo101: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Longest flyover in d midst of abject poverty ravaging d state. Gud 4 my brodas in Sabon Gari and Nomansland 4 easy transaction of dia businesses while almajiris perish. I tnk most part of d con3 dnt believe dat poverty reduct is d best development.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by eaglechild: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Soon the bridge will be dotted with thousands of people with plate in hand begging.
I will have no respect for the northern governors till they start to empower their populace.
All the projects in the north should be geared towards improving the lives of the common man on the street.
Free education with incentives to encourage enrollment, so that millions of almajiris will get off the streets.

Affordable and accessible healthcare.

Security and religious tolerance, which will include clamping down on Islamic fundamentalist instead of keeping a straight face or secretly encouraging them.

If they like let them keep building 10 billion naira flyovers for their rich elites, while their destitute population keeps multiplying.
Re: Kano To Construct Largest Flyover In West Africa by kokoA(m): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kwankwanso has great followership in Kano. He must be doing well. Kudos to him though.

I also completely agree with the poster above me (eaglechild). What the northern leaders need to address is high rate of illiteracy in the region. Once this is tackled, the problem of religious intolerance will die a natural death to and the region con move forward under a peaceful atmosphere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Should Organise A Sovereign National Conference Now / Tinubu/South West Can NEVER Stop Buhari In 2019. / Buhari And El-rufai Will Divide Nigeria – Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.