Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52169 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: To catholies what gives u guarranty that Mary is in Heaven? Do catholies have List of People in Heaven? did Bible they you how she lived the rest of her life after the death of Jesus? Are u sure she didnt re-marry? give me a verse that told you how she died? or a Verse that told you shes From a great lineage? Catholies didnt write the bible you just compiled the books u saw,and thats not All,there are still lots of Books that arent it the bible.God said do not add or Remove my World,how are we Sure Pope gregory didnt Remove somethings from the bible? there are lots of questions to ask that u can never answer.@try69 even if they open ur brain and place a bible there,u can never learn,i wonder what you understand abt the bible.

if den no remove some u tink say bible go dey portable as u dey see am?

Catholic Church is in possession of all d scrolls written so y argue when we tell u pple sometin e.g there are also stories of Joachim n Ann (parents of Mary) but they aren't included in d bible . and many other stories .
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ibrhyme77(m): 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sal C: Very important question but difficult to answer since we are not God.

God alone knew why he chose her and all we can do is respect his choice and give honour to she who was chosen.
I am a Muslim and I can tell u y he chose Mary, Mary's father was a deeply religious man his name was imran. he wanted a boy child so that the child can spend his days in the temple he made a vow to God to dedicate the child to him.But he was given a female child and nevertheless he honoured his vow and allowed Mary to stay in the temple and take care of the place. Women were not allowed full access in the temple then and Mary was severely persecuted. she was both righteous and holy as well as being a covenant child but nothing still warrant her being worshipped.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
There is nothing wrong with asking the
heavenly saints to pray for us.
Many Protestants argue that asking the saints
to pray for us is “unbiblical,” while throwing
around verses like 1 Timothy 2:5 . But they are
incorrect.
1 Timothy 2:5 — the infamous “one mediator
between God and men” verse — refers to
salvation, not prayer. The verse reminds us
that it is only because of the graces found
through Christ (God Himself) that we are able
to have any real relationship with God and
reach Heaven. It does not, however, absolutely
negate relations with angels or heavenly
saints. After all, it was an angel (Gabriel) that
spoke to Mary before Christ was conceived in
her body, not God Himself.
I was raised in several Protestant
denominations. They all placed a major
emphasis on Christians praying for each other
— which is encouraged in 1 Timothy 2:1-4 and
other passages. I would contend that a
heavenly saint, one who is holy and in Heaven
with God, would have a lot more sway with
God than a rebellious sinner on earth would.
To put that another way, if someone asked you
to do something for them, would you not be
more likely to help them if they were your best
friend, as opposed to a complete stranger? Of
course, you may very well be willing to do
something for a complete stranger, but you
would probably be more willing to do
something for your best friend.
And there is evidence in the Bible of the saints
praying to God.
“Another angel came and stood at the
altar, holding a golden censer; and much
incense was given to him, so that he
might add it to the prayers of all the
saints on the golden altar which was
before the throne. And the smoke of the
incense, with the prayers of the saints,
went up before God out of the angel’s
hand.” – Revelation 8:3-4
The word for “saints” in that passage comes
from the Greek word hagios . Thayer’s New
Testament Greek-English Lexicon says that
the best definition of hagios is “most holy
thing, a saint”. This would seem to undermine
the Protestant assertion that “saints” in this
context can only refer to people on earth.
Now, what would the saints be praying for?
Themselves? Doubtful. They are in Heaven, so
they do not need anything, as eternal life with
God is perfect. That really only leaves one
option: they are praying for us. And because
they are praying for us anyway, how could it be
wrong to ask them to pray for us about
something specific? It is like interacting with a
DJ at an event. He’s playing music anyway, so
what is the harm in asking him to play your
favorite song?
Here’s my Scripture-based defense of the
practice that should answer most Protestant
objections:
Matthew 17:3-4 & Luke 9:28-31.
Moses and Elijah (who are clearly
heavenly saints, not “saints” in the way
Paul would sometimes use the word) are
with Christ during the Transfiguration.
Revelation 6:9-11.
The martyrs can talk to God.
From those three passages, we can
gather that the saints in Heaven interact
with God.
Luke 15:10.
The angels and saints (who, in Luke
20:35-36 , Christ says are equal to the
angels) are aware of earthly events.
1 Timothy 2:1 & James 5:16.
It is good for Christians to pray for one
another.
Now, if the saints interact with God and
are aware of earthly events (and can
therefore hear us), why wouldn’t they
pray for us, considering that it is good for
Christians (which the angels and saints
definitely are) to pray for one another?
Revelation 21:27.
Nothing imperfect will enter into Heaven.
Psalm 66:18 & James 5:16.
God ignores the prayers of the wicked,
and the prayers of the righteous are
effective.
Because the saints have reached
perfection (they are in Heaven), their
prayers are more effective than the
prayers of those that are less righteous,
so that’s why one might ask them to pray
instead of asking another Christian on
earth or simply doing it themselves.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Evicsholar(f): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
kamura: Pls, lets not be misguided. .

What happened in Luke 1, was the fact that Mary was use as vessel of honor. .

Lets not attached ourselve so much with the birth of Christ.

Christ death, has more significant in our life more than his birth.

The good news, is when he died, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom. . giving us access to God. .
Mt 27:51, Mrk15:38

Christ left us the helper, our advocate, intercessor. .
Jn 16:7, jn14:16-26

He, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us here on earth, and Jesus intercedes for us as He is seated by the right hand side of God Almighty.

Pls, leave Mary alone.. .

She is not immortal. . a spirit or whatsoever. .

If you make yourself available for God, by living a righteouse life, God wld use u, just like He used Mary. .

Thanks. . i pray that the spirit of knowledge and understanding come upon you all

kamura: Pls, lets not be misguided. .

The good news, is when he died, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom. . giving us access to God. .

He, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us here on earth, and Jesus intercedes for us as He is seated by the right hand side of God Almighty.

If you make yourself available for God, by living a righteouse life, God wld use u, just like He used Mary. .

Thanks. . i pray that the spirit of knowledge and understanding come upon you all

[quote author=kamura]Pls, lets not be misguided. .

[u said it all. Christ is @ d right hand of God interceeding 4 us and also,concerning trinity n mary being mother of God, does dat means mary is d mother of God the father since they r ONE?]

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
femi4love:

Where is lucifer called morning star? I only remember him being called "son of the morning" in Isaiah.

I'm not here to argue. I'm saying what is no longer hidden to those who want to know the truth.

I've come to realise in life that people could be seeing the truth right before their nose and decide to believe falsehood.

Moreover, the things of the spirit can only be discerned by spiritual NOT religious people.

The Nigerian brain takes more than argument to reconditioned from one-way thinking, if you know what I mean.

sa 14:12 (NIV) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth

Isa 14: 12 (GNB) King of Babylonia, bright morning star you have fallen from heaven! In the past you conquered nations but now you have been thrown to the ground.

1sa 14:12 (KJV). How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer, son of the morning how art thou cut down to the ground which didst weaken the nations.

You can now take your own advice. You need to study more.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
ibrhyme77: I am a Muslim and I can tell u y he chose Mary, Mary's father was a deeply religious man his name was imran. he wanted a boy child so that the child can spend his days in the temple he made a vow to God to dedicate the child to him.But he was given a female child and nevertheless he honoured his vow and allowed Mary to stay in the temple and take care of the place. Women were not allowed full access in the temple then and Mary was severely persecuted. she was both righteous and holy as well as being a covenant child but nothing still warrant her being worshipped.
I know better than the story you told but you did not answer the question please.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Emusan:

Just a question pls
What will happen to those who didn't honour Mary?

In catholic law, we believe that salvation comes not only thru catholic church but also pentecostals/protestant churches...as far as u are pleasing God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nnamdifranc: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Firstly i want to say dat u people dnt need to insult or call ursefs names inorder to say wat u wanto say or to put up ur points

Then as for those sayin catholics are worshiping mary,WE DONT AND CAN NEVA WORSHIP MARY FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!,rather we give her a special type of honour/respect because she played a very special role in our salvation by being the mother of our saviour Jesus christ....and then for those sayin there were other virgins then at dat time and God culd hav used anoda person if she didnt use her... yes there were other virgins then but remember d word of Angel Gabriel to mary ''BLESSED ARE U AMONG WOMEN'' this clearly shows she waz exceptional from other women nd virgins at dat time nd up till now nd waz specialy prepared by God alone to cary nd bear his son Jesus christ wich means that she alone can be used by God for dat type of work cos of the way God prepared her specialy for the work though there were still other virgins then so if God had wanted to use another woman,he wuld hav also prepared the woman like he prepared mary to make her special for that type of work and we and we shall still honour the person..so u people shuldnt think that mary waz the same wit other women no!..she is special

Again,for the statue we catholics use MIND U PEOPLE we dnt jst bring any statue nd stat usin,it must be prayed upon nd blessed by an ordained priest or Rev.father or anyother ordained catholic clergy before it wil be able to be put to use....

And d statue we use is jst like a symbol to represent Mary or d crucifix to represent Jesus jst like d way God told moses to mould a snake wen d israelites were bitten by snakes in old testament nd anyone dat luks upon d moulded snake will be healed..nw d isrealites didnt luk upon d snake as an idol to worship d moulded snake,rather they luked upon it as an instrument thru wich God wil hear their prayers and heal them nd they did so nd got their healin
and dis is jst similar to d statue nd crucifix d catholic chuch use...we dont pray to d crucifix or statue rather we pray through them ''remember wen they hav been blessed by a priest or anyother clergy'' and wen we simply bow down infront of a crucifix or even d statue,we dont do so in d aim of worshiping the statue,rather we do so wit d aim of showin respect to the presence of d spirit there wich the statue represents jst like hw people bow down to their earthly kings in d aim of showin respect to them, bowin down to greet ur king or even ur parents doesnt mean ure giving them d worsip wich only GOD ALMIGHTY deserves,rather it jst shows respect

And for those wo argue weda Jesus is God or not...i tink som people hav already cleared dat doubt..Jesus is true God and true man nd he is God the father nd it waz also shown durin d prophesy of his comin wen it said and he shall be called ''THE MIGHTY GOD'' so dat clearly shows Jesus is God witout any doubt...then If mary is the mother of Jesus and Jesus himsef is God,then Mary is simply d mother of GOD..though Jesus existed before mary..its jst a mystery wich jst God himsef knws hw he did it... And God himsef is even a mystery in the ''trinity'' so i dnt see any reason for askin dat qestion ''hw can sombody be a mother to the one wo created her?'' cos its a mystery wich u nd i can neva undastand but only God

Then again,as for those arguin weda we re lower than the angels or not,...if u agree dat Jesus christ waz made a lower than the angels for a while by comin to earth in form of human beings,then i dnt see d reason y u shuld nt also believe dat we human beings wo re already on earth re lower than the angels...dis means we re lower than d angels here on earth but wil be higher than them wen we make heaven and reach there cos even Jesus christ himsef waz made lower than the angels for a while cos he came to earth inform of we humans

so i wil advise som people not to speak atall if they re nt sure about and dont knw d reason behind som things than speakin waz they dnt knw wich may anoy God himsef

Thank u all for readin

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nnamdifranc: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Firstly i want to say dat u people dnt need to insult or call ursefs names inorder to say wat u wanto say....
Then as for those sayin catholics re worshiping mary,WE DONT AND CAN NEVA WORSHIP MARY FOR GOODNESS SAKE,rather we honour/respect her becos she played a very special role in our salvation....then for those sayin there were other virgins then at dat time and God culd hav used anoda person if she didnt use her...yes there were other virgins then but remember d word of Angel Gabriel to mary ''u re blessed among women'' this clearly shows she waz exceptional from other women nd virgins at dat time nd even nw nd waz specialy prepared by God alone to cary nd bear his son Jesus wich means she alone can be used by God for dat type of work cos of d d way God prepared her specialy though there were still other virgins then

Again,for the statue we catholics use MIND U PEOPLE we dnt jst bring any statue nd stat usin,it must be prayed upon nd blessed by an ordained priest or Rev.father or anyother ordained catholic clergy before it wil be able to be put to use....

And d statue we use is jst like a symbol to represent Mary or d crucifix to represent Jesus jst like d way God told moses to mould a snake wen d israelites were bitten by snakes in old testament nd anyone dat luks upon d moulded snake will be healed..nw d isrealites didnt luk upon d snake as an idol to worship d moulded snake,rather they luked upon it as an instrument thru wich God wil hear their prayers and heal them nd they did so nd got their healin
and dis is jst similar to d statue nd crucifix d catholic chuch use...we dont pray to d crucifix or statue rather we pray through them ''remember wen they hav been blessed by a priest or anyother clergy'' and wen we simply bow down infront of a crucifix or even d statue,we dont do so in d aim of worshiping the statue,rather we do so wit d aim of showin respect to the presence of d spirit there wich the statue represents jst like hw people bow down to their earthly kings in d aim of showin respect to them, bowin down to greet ur king or even ur parents doesnt mean ure giving them d worsip wich only GOD ALMIGHTY deserves,rather it jst shows respect

And for those wo argue weda Jesus is God or not...i tink som people hav already cleared dat doubt..Jesus is true God and true man nd he is God the son nd it waz also shown durin d prophesy of his comin wen it said and he shall be called ''THE MIGHTY GOD'' so dat clearly shows Jesus is God witout any doubt...then If mary is the mother of Jesus and Jesus himsef is God,then Mary is simply d mother of GOD..though Jesus existed before mary..its jst a mystery wich jst God himsef knws hw he did it... And God himsef is even a mystery in the ''trinity'' so i dnt see any reason for askin dat qestion ''hw can sombody be a mother to the one wo created her?'' cos its a mystery wich u nd i can neva undastand but only God

Then again,as for those arguin weda we re lower than the angels or not,...if u agree dat Jesus christ waz made a lower than the angels for a while by comin to earth in form of human beings,then i dnt see d reason y u shuld nt also believe dat we human beings wo re already on earth re lower than the angels...dis means we re lower than d angels here on earth but wil be higher than them wen we make heaven and reach there cos even Jesus christ himsef waz made lower than the angels for a while cos he came to earth inform of we humans

so i wil advise som people not to speak atall if they re nt sure about and dont knw d reason behind som things than speakin waz they dnt knw wich may anoy God himsef

Thank u all for readin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=eliz1]
the reason l detest catholic is because of their tradition, they copied the tradition of romans into the church and brought in the tradition of romans to replace it with the tradition of the church fathers. read 99 thesis and see some[/quote

Same traditions most of u pentecostals are following? Like celebrating Xmas etc? U fool. Hypocrite!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
mimicue: All these story too much undecided ...all I know is I don't support Catholics.. Thou shall not worship any other God than me...and all those things they are bowing thou to are idols..they need to wake up ..u guys claim your honoring Mary..yet you will be saying holy Mary pray for us...they seem not to understand she was just d mother of Jesus...she isn't God...
Another thing I don't like before they enter church they will knew down for holy Mary...God will help us all

Same way u always asking ur parents, pastors etc to pray for u. Are they better than mother of God? Please go to bed.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: what kinda educated illiterate are u,Ex 18:9 NIV bible ''So moses went out to meet his father-in-law and bowed down and kissed him.they greeted eachother and then went in the tent. We bow down to greet kings in Nigeria,does that mean we worship them or sing songs to Worship them.When did bow down turn to worship

Contradicting urself now? Lmao. So u bow down to greet kings, directors, politicians etc....Yoruba people sef dey prostrate to greet elders....so they are worshipping them then. Leave Catholics alone...concentrate on ur own church pls.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: To catholies what gives u guarranty that Mary is in Heaven? Do catholies have List of People in Heaven? did Bible they you how she lived the rest of her life after the death of Jesus? Are u sure she didnt re-marry? give me a verse that told you how she died? or a Verse that told you shes From a great lineage? Catholies didnt write the bible you just compiled the books u saw,and thats not All,there are still lots of Books that arent it the bible.God said do not add or Remove my World,how are we Sure Pope gregory didnt Remove somethings from the bible? there are lots of questions to ask that u can never answer.@try69 even if they open ur brain and place a bible there,u can never learn,i wonder what you understand abt the bible.

So mother of God will go to hell? How do u think Jesus will feel when he sees you questioning if his mum went to heaven or not? Do u have sense at all? You have been busy degrading and insulting the mother of Jesus u pray to for salvation....are u sure u are not a devil messenger? Even if u dont accept Catholics, lutherians, orthodos, etc for honoring her, must u bring her down to nothing with insults? Ok, u dont support the way most people honor her but for Christ sake she is still the mother of same Jesus u wanna get salvation from. So u know that catholic modified the bible u are claiming to know more than them abi? May God forgive me bro but if u belong to any christian church, you are a FOOL!! Kai!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let's keep away from this argument 'cos most of u protestant blasphem about Mary while arguing. I have said my own sha. Sin against the holy spirit o.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by evablisse(f): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
To answer all these. Some people are just here to confuse themselves. If u get the difference btw these 2 words, u'll get our(catholics) points. Find the meaning of Honour and Worship. And that's all. Remember, we honor Mary and not worship her.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
uchez2:
So mother of God will go to hell? How do u think Jesus will feel when he sees you questioning if his mum went to heaven or not? Do u have sense at all? You have been busy degrading and insulting the mother of Jesus u pray to for salvation....are u sure u are not a devil messenger? Even if u dont accept Catholics, lutherians, orthodos, etc for honoring her, must u bring her down to nothing with insults? Ok, u dont support the way most people honor her but for Christ sake she is still the mother of same Jesus u wanna get salvation from. So u know that catholic modified the bible u are claiming to know more than them abi? May God forgive me bro but if u belong to any christian church, you are a FOOL!! Kai!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by FarmTech(m): 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
unongu: Most Protestants claim that Mary bore children other than Jesus. To support their claim, these Protestants refer to the biblical passages which mention the "brethren of the Lord." As explained in the Catholic Answers tract Brethren of the Lord, neither the Gospel accounts nor the early Christians attest to the notion that Mary bore other children besides Jesus. The faithful knew, through the witness of Scripture and Tradition, that Jesus was Mary’s only child and that she remained a lifelong virgin. 

An important historical document which supports the teaching of Mary’s perpetual virginity is the Protoevangelium of James, which was written probably less than sixty years after the conclusion of Mary’s earthly life (around A.D. 120), when memories of her life were still vivid in the minds of many. 

According to the world-renowned patristics scholar, Johannes Quasten: "The principal aim of the whole writing [Protoevangelium of James] is to prove the perpetual and inviolate virginity of Mary before, in, and after the birth of Christ" (Patrology, 1:120–1). 

To begin with, the Protoevangelium records that when Mary’s birth was prophesied, her mother, St. Anne, vowed that she would devote the child to the service of the Lord, as Samuel had been by his mother (1 Sam. 1:11). Mary would thus serve the Lord at the Temple, as women had for centuries (1 Sam. 2:22), and as Anna the prophetess did at the time of Jesus’ birth (Luke 2:36–37). A life of continual, devoted service to the Lord at the Temple meant that Mary would not be able to live the ordinary life of a child-rearing mother. Rather, she was vowed to a life of perpetual virginity. 

However, due to considerations of ceremonial cleanliness, it was eventually necessary for Mary, a consecrated "virgin of the Lord," to have a guardian or protector who would respect her vow of virginity. Thus, according to the Protoevangelium, Joseph, an elderly widower who already had children, was chosen to be her spouse. (This would also explain why Joseph was apparently dead by the time of Jesus’ adult ministry, since he does not appear during it in the gospels, and since Mary is entrusted to John, rather than to her husband Joseph, at the crucifixion). 

According to the Protoevangelium, Joseph was required to regard Mary’s vow of virginity with the utmost respect. The gravity of his responsibility as the guardian of a virgin was indicated by the fact that, when she was discovered to be with child, he had to answer to the Temple authorities, who thought him guilty of defiling a virgin of the Lord. Mary was also accused of having forsaken the Lord by breaking her vow. Keeping this in mind, it is an incredible insult to the Blessed Virgin to say that she broke her vow by bearing children other than her Lord and God, who was conceived through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

The perpetual virginity of Mary has always been reconciled with the biblical references to Christ’s brethren through a proper understanding of the meaning of the term "brethren." The understanding that the brethren of the Lord were Jesus’ stepbrothers (children of Joseph) rather than half-brothers (children of Mary) was the most common one until the time of Jerome (fourth century). It was Jerome who introduced the possibility that Christ’s brethren were actually his cousins, since in Jewish idiom cousins were also referred to as "brethren." The Catholic Church allows the faithful to hold either view, since both are compatible with the reality of Mary’s perpetual virginity. 

Today most Protestants are unaware of these early beliefs regarding Mary’s virginity and the proper interpretation of "the brethren of the Lord." And yet, the Protestant Reformers themselves—Martin Luther, John Calvin, and Ulrich Zwingli—honored the perpetual virginity of Mary and recognized it as the teaching of the Bible, as have other, more modern Protestants.

(catholicanswers.com) 
you need to read: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-siblings.html. A lot of passages said that jesus had brothers, not cousins. In the original greek language from which the bible was translated, there is a greek word for cousin, there is also a greek word for brother. Then ask urself, if Jesus had cousins, why wasnt the greek word for cousin used in all those passages? Why was only brother used? The way to hell is broad, and a lot of catholics are herding there.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by FarmTech(m): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Samabu07:
Yes, john the disciple of jesus. At Jesus death on the cross, he said to his mother, Mother behold your son, son behold your mother, from that day on, the disciple took her to live on his home. (John 19v26-27).
you did not answer my question. Did John honor Mary by interceding thru her? Did he called her mother of God? If Mary is to be exalted the way you people depict it, the apostles would have set an example. Paul would have written a lot about her.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 3:19am On Dec 19, 2013
kizyto: Fundamentalists often challenge the Catholic
practice of asking saints and angels to pray on
our behalf. But the Bible directs us to invoke
those in heaven and ask them to pray with us.
Thus, in Psalm 103 we pray, "Bless the Lord, O
you his angels, you mighty ones who do his
word, hearkening to the voice of his word! Bless
the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers that do his
will!" (Ps. 103:20–21). And in the opening
verses of Psalms 148 we pray, "Praise the
Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise
him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels,
praise him, all his host!"
Not only do those in heaven pray with us, they
also pray for us. In the book of Revelation,
John sees that "the twenty-four elders [the
leaders of the people of God in heaven] fell
down before the Lamb, each holding a harp,
and with golden bowls full of incense, which are
the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:cool. Thus the
saints in heaven offer to God the prayers of the
saints on earth.
Angels do the same thing: "[An] angel came
and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden
censer; and he was given much incense to
mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon
the golden altar before the throne; and the
smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of
the saints from the hand of the angel before
God" (Rev. 8:3–4).
Jesus himself warned us not to offend small
children, because their guardian angels have
guaranteed intercessory access to the Father:
"See that you do not despise one of these little
ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels
always see the face of my Father who is in
heaven" (Matt. 18:10).
Because he is the only God-man and the
Mediator of the New Covenant, Jesus is the
only mediator between man and God (1 Tim.
2:5), but this in no way means we cannot or
should not ask our fellow Christians to pray
with us and for us (1 Tim. 2:1–4). In particular,
we should ask the intercession of those
Christians in heaven, who have already had
their sanctification completed, for "[t]he prayer
of a righteous man has great power in its
effects" (Jas. 5:16).
be fooling yourself
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 3:28am On Dec 19, 2013
uchez2:

Same way u always asking ur parents, pastors etc to pray for u. Are they better than mother of God? Please go to bed.
repent from idolatry if God specifically states sth and says don't do it. Man dont do it dont find reasons to. your example is not any near to praying to mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 3:41am On Dec 19, 2013
I see people who are so blind. really blindness is not loss of sight but loss of understanding.
God won't pity you cos He clearly said it. You are not afraid of God if you bow down to any image of any form cos He said it don't do this. There is no where in the Bible that will condemn me for not Bowing down to Mary or praying to her. I and Yourself who is likely to loose? Think deeply . Have you honoured God enough and he says son its too much find another person to honour? do you know that when dresing up makes you go to service late. that dress of yours is considered an idle by God. yo are really playing wth fire
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nnamdifranc: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2013
Mftivi: I see people who are so blind. really blindness is not loss of sight but loss of understanding.
God won't pity you cos He clearly said it. You are not afraid of God if you bow down to any image of any form cos He said it don't do this. There is no where in the Bible that will condemn me for not Bowing down to Mary or praying to her. I and Yourself who is likely to loose? Think deeply . Have you honoured God enough and he says son its too much find another person to honour? do you know that when dresing up makes you go to service late. that dress of yours is considered an idle by God. yo are really playing wth fire
dear,read my former post well and undastand it to help u clear some of ur ignorance in all this this ure writin...Ooh! Maybe God didnt knw wat he waz sayin again wen he said ''HONOUR your father and mother so that your days maybe long'' in his 4th comandment... Or maybe simply bowing down to greet ur parents or earthly kings hav nw automaticaly changed from showing them their deserved respect to worshippin them... Nd nobody said u will be condemned for not honourin mary mother of Jesus wo is God,wether u honour her or not,it wunt change the fact that she is still the mother of Jesus wo is God therefore she is the mother of God and also that wunt stop us catholics form giving her the suposed honour she deserves in the suposed way,infact ure the one even loosin the beneficts in honourin the mother of God(Mary) ,so u shuldnt make that one an issue..ND nobody ever told u that we catholics dnt worship Jesus christ or God almighty,he is the only God catholics knw and worship,its u protestant churches that are jst saying that one becos so long as am a catholic i knw we only worship one true God wich is Jesus christ in the trinity then Honour his mother mary.,anyother thin u protestant chuches are accusin we catholics of doing waz formulated by u protestant chuches... my dear go and read back my former post and undastand or better still go and look for the diference between honour and worship to help u undastand more
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by tonychristopher: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2013
femi4love: It will be easier to convince people about all this "honouring" Mary issue by pointing to a definite biblical passage that points to it. For example, I can point to a definite passage in the Bible where The Lord Jesus Christ Himself spoke about honouring Him and the Father. I used to be a very committed catholic, but I cannot point to any scripture that points to us "honouring" her by praying to her and keeping her statutes in the churches or houses.

I hope all Catholics will open their minds to the Holy Spirit on this issue.
Read John Chapter 5:
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Can you as a Christian sincerely ask yourself "How much of honouring God the Father and Lord Jesus have I done?" Before arguing about honouring a human born through human conception?

the problems we have in Christendom is Pentecostal...they suck.you honor your overseers wife,you take handkerchief from pastor,you take his sands,he drives the best cars and tells you to donate 10% of your income,tells you to sow seed faith for a project,tells you that you should give give and give,he won't tell you the truth. you go and disturb Islam ...you preach harshly in public places and offending the sensibilities of other religion...you endorse gays,abortion and divorce. now let Catholics be.

if they honor Mary or respect her is none of your business focus on yourselves. religion is an individual race then let God judge. some idiots in Christianity will say JESUS CHRIST doesn't have supernatural tendency. my dear its an individual thing. as for me MY LORD JESUS CHRIST HAS SUPERNATURAL TENDENCY AND HE IS A GIFT OF GOD TO WORLD. Only mentioning his name saved me from so many thing.

LEAVE CATHOLICS,LEAVE. MARY AND FOCUS ON YOUR PASTORPRENUERS RIPPING YOU OFF.

WHEN WE DIE WE KNOW THOSE THAT ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH. BUNCH OR HYPOCRITES ....MARY IS THE MUM OF JESUS I HONOR HER,I BEG HER TO INTERCEDE FOR ME. I DON'T WORSHIP HER.

DON'T YOU BEG PASTORS TO PRAY FOR YOU ....THEY EVEN SLeep
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Chiscowanko: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2013
@ first may God 4give all hu av failed short of his glory tru d words of dia mouth, finkin dat dey avin freedom of speech is avin freedom of abusing God nd his church. Alot of ignorant pple av according to dia ignorance said alot of bad tins to my DEAR, BLESSED, HOLY, IMMACULATE, VIRGIN mother MARY. Dos pple dat fink dat dey knw all abt d bible, asking where is it in d bible dat said honor Mary, if an angel of Most High God could honour Mary, y can't we honour her? Now tel me where in d bible did dey say judge odas as u r doing now, Dos dat speaks abt image, Dos of u dat hung d pix of ur pastors, overseers, watever whatever in d church wat r dey for? 4 dem dat wnt everything written in d bible, even as u av gone tru d bible, av ever come across of d word Bible in ur bible? Y den do u bliv so much on it if not by faith? If u fink respecting ur mother dat gave birth to a sinner like u is right, y den do respecting nd honoring d mother of Jesus, d ever righteous one seems wrong? Wen some1 claims he loves u bt despise ur mother how do u take it, y den will u claim to love Jesus, bt talk all rubbish abt her tru hum he came to d world? My Blessed Virgin mother Mary, as a loving mother has appeared to many of her children disclosing to dem a different ways of gettin to d father, tru chaplet, medals, scapular, so many of den, nd some ignorant pple r hia calling it ocultic chant, God av mercy on u. Note dis all of u, all dat catholic church dos, dey do it by faith, which is all dat can move mountain nd not by words of mouth, or forming, call it wateva bt d origin of catholic church come from JESUS CHRIST himself tru PETER d apostle wen HE said " u Peter, on dis rock i will built my church, d gate of hell will nt defeat it". (Peter means rock) nd on him did Jesus built his church wich is catholic, cos peter is d first pope in catholic church. Frm d statement above, Jesus said dat d gate of hell wil neva defeat his church (catholic), dis means dat hell must battle with catholic church as am seeing it now, bt Jesus assured us dat we will nt b defeated. Concerning d saints, ignorants called dem dead, shai.... Dey r nt dead anymore, d promise of God has bn fulfilled on dem, dey r SAINTS OF GOD, nd u knw wat? Catholic seek intercetion frm dem cos dey av already made heaven. Even as in life of Jesus Christ as human he also died bt resurrected, showing dat death is neva a course bt a way of transition 4 righteous ones, Wen it comes to communion rite wich all catholic church celebrate nd which is d heart of catholic church, Jesus gave out d institution b4 he paid for our sins, he even ordered us to b doin it in his remembrance. Avnt u com across in d bible wen Jesus said dat his church must be one, one in terms of avin tins in common, catholic church in d whole wide world does tins in common as Jesus really wish his church to be. So my dear brodas nd 6tas God is a mysterious God, he works in a mysterious ways nd so he receives glory, thanks nd worship frm millions of pple in a mysterious ways, dnt fink ur way is d best, dnt despise odas, serve ur God wit a pure nd contrite heart, nt wit competitive heart. I wonder if Christians r behaving like dis towards dem selves, wat den wil dey do to Muslims. Peace be with u. Salaam maleku. May God bless us all, in Jesus name..... Amen
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by FarmTech(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mftivi: I see people who are so blind. really blindness is not loss of sight but loss of understanding.
God bless u.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by FarmTech(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
uchez2:

And who made u judge? Why not mention how pastors are building estates abroad and buying private jets while their members are hungry and poor?
who made me judge? Well, read john 7:21 and see who made me judge. If you want me to talk about those pastors, open a thread about it and i will talk about them. Talking about it here is an unnecessary deviation from the topic we're discussing.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
kizyto: There is nothing wrong with asking the
heavenly saints to pray for us.
Many Protestants argue that asking the saints
to pray for us is “unbiblical,” while throwing
around verses like 1 Timothy 2:5 . But they are
incorrect.
1 Timothy 2:5 — the infamous “one mediator
between God and men” verse — refers to
salvation, not prayer. The verse reminds us
that it is only because of the graces found
through Christ (God Himself) that we are able
to have any real relationship with God and
reach Heaven. It does not, however, absolutely
negate relations with angels or heavenly
saints. After all, it was an angel (Gabriel) that
spoke to Mary before Christ was conceived in
her body, not God Himself.
I was raised in several Protestant
denominations. They all placed a major
emphasis on Christians praying for each other
— which is encouraged in 1 Timothy 2:1-4 and
other passages. I would contend that a
heavenly saint, one who is holy and in Heaven
with God, would have a lot more sway with
God than a rebellious sinner on earth would.
To put that another way, if someone asked you
to do something for them, would you not be
more likely to help them if they were your best
friend, as opposed to a complete stranger? Of
course, you may very well be willing to do
something for a complete stranger, but you
would probably be more willing to do
something for your best friend.
And there is evidence in the Bible of the saints
praying to God.
“Another angel came and stood at the
altar, holding a golden censer; and much
incense was given to him, so that he
might add it to the prayers of all the
saints on the golden altar which was
before the throne. And the smoke of the
incense, with the prayers of the saints,
went up before God out of the angel’s
hand.” – Revelation 8:3-4
The word for “saints” in that passage comes
from the Greek word hagios . Thayer’s New
Testament Greek-English Lexicon says that
the best definition of hagios is “most holy
thing, a saint”. This would seem to undermine
the Protestant assertion that “saints” in this
context can only refer to people on earth.
Now, what would the saints be praying for?
Themselves? Doubtful. They are in Heaven, so
they do not need anything, as eternal life with
God is perfect. That really only leaves one
option: they are praying for us. And because
they are praying for us anyway, how could it be
wrong to ask them to pray for us about
something specific? It is like interacting with a
DJ at an event. He’s playing music anyway, so
what is the harm in asking him to play your
favorite song?
Here’s my Scripture-based defense of the
practice that should answer most Protestant
objections:
Matthew 17:3-4 & Luke 9:28-31.
Moses and Elijah (who are clearly
heavenly saints, not “saints” in the way
Paul would sometimes use the word) are
with Christ during the Transfiguration.
Revelation 6:9-11.
The martyrs can talk to God.
From those three passages, we can
gather that the saints in Heaven interact
with God.
Luke 15:10.
The angels and saints (who, in Luke
20:35-36 , Christ says are equal to the
angels) are aware of earthly events.
1 Timothy 2:1 & James 5:16.
It is good for Christians to pray for one
another.
Now, if the saints interact with God and
are aware of earthly events (and can
therefore hear us), why wouldn’t they
pray for us, considering that it is good for
Christians (which the angels and saints
definitely are) to pray for one another?
Revelation 21:27.
Nothing imperfect will enter into Heaven.
Psalm 66:18 & James 5:16.
God ignores the prayers of the wicked,
and the prayers of the righteous are
effective.
Because the saints have reached
perfection (they are in Heaven), their
prayers are more effective than the
prayers of those that are less righteous,
so that’s why one might ask them to pray
instead of asking another Christian on
earth or simply doing it themselves.
and they hear you?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Chiscowanko: 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mftivi:
and they hear you?

yes they hear us and also pray for us
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nnamdifranc: dear,read my former post well and undastand it to help u clear some of ur ignorance in all this this ure writin...Ooh! Maybe God didnt knw wat he waz sayin again wen he said ''HONOUR your father and mother so that your days maybe long'' in his 4th comandment... Or maybe simply bowing down to greet ur parents or earthly kings hav nw automaticaly changed from showing them their deserved respect to worshippin them... Nd nobody said u will be condemned for not honourin mary mother of Jesus wo is God,wether u honour her or not,it wunt change the fact that she is still the mother of Jesus wo is God therefore she is the mother of God and also that wunt stop us catholics form giving her the suposed honour she deserves in the suposed way,infact ure the one even loosin the beneficts in honourin the mother of God(Mary) ,so u shuldnt make that one an issue..ND nobody ever told u that we catholics dnt worship Jesus christ or God almighty,he is the only God catholics knw and worship,its u protestant churches that are jst saying that one becos so long as am a catholic i knw we only worship one true God wich is Jesus christ in the trinity then Honour his mother mary.,anyother thin u protestant chuches are accusin we catholics of doing waz formulated by u protestant chuches... my dear go and read back my former post and undastand or better still go and look for the diference between honour and worship to help u undastand more
you dear you have succeeded in lying to yourself Mary is not your mum. Mary is dead and won't hear you Even if she is heaven . when you pray to her you are giving her the attribute of the omnipresent God . and don't say you tell her to pray for you. you pray to her to pray for you because its generally known that its through prayers that mortals talk to spirits though she can't hear you . you bow at her image you chant some jargon rosary to top it all you are so confused for saying that I loose benefits for not praying to Mary hahhha are you for real? read oxford definition of worship and read my comment again. don't hold to some jargon the word of God is okay don't add if it werent complete, he won't give it out yet to us cost He is not an author of confusion. You guys claim Peter was the first pope abi where did he talk about. honoring Mary and praying to her. God forgot to tell Him? mtchewww eternity is not a try and luck game be on the safe and sure side. don't mean u should com to my church I mean you should stick to Gods word and obey it.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Chiscowanko:

yes they hear us and also pray for us

you know well that Satan is the Father of all liers and author of cofusion
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2013
I guess people have given up trying to convince you guys. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. You claim to honour her. Continue honouring her and praying to her. I hope God can show you guys the truth. The only thing we can do for you now is to pray for you. God bless you
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
I guess people have given up trying to convince you guys. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. You claim to honour her. Continue honouring her and praying to her. I hope God can show you guys the truth. The only thing we can do for you now is to pray for you. God bless you
Mtcheeew

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Policeman Opens Car Door For Apostle Johnson Suleman, Nigerians React (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.