Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52264 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
kamura: Pls, lets not be misguided. .

What happened in Luke 1, was the fact that Mary was use as vessel of honor. .

Lets not attached ourselve so much with the birth of Christ.

Christ death, has more significant in our life more than his birth.

The good news, is when he died, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom. . giving us access to God. .
Mt 27:51, Mrk15:38

Christ left us the helper, our advocate, intercessor. .
Jn 16:7, jn14:16-26

He intercede for us here on earth, and Jesus intercede for us as He is seated by the right hand of God Almighty.

Pls, leave Mary alone.. .

She is not immortal. . a spirit or whatsoever. .

If you make usual available, by living righteouse life, God wld use u, just like He used her. .

Thanks. . i pray that the spirit of knowledge and understanding come upon you all

I agree with you to an extent, his dead has a greater significance than his birth but come to think of it, if Christ was not born, he wouldn't have died, therefore, his birth "possibilized" his death.

Again, God can use each and everyone of us today but not the way he used Mary because Christ will never be born again.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: let me rethink did Mary death bring us Salvation?Hell NO
But she is the one in whom the Holy Spirit dwells in to born the saviour.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
Did I hear someone say I should leave Mary alone?

Please sir do well to leave her alone for mewink

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
kamura: Pls, lets not be misguided. .
What happened in Luke 1, was the fact that Mary was use as vessel of honor. .
Lets not attached ourselve so much with the birth of Christ.
Christ death, has more significant in our life more than his birth.
The good news, is when he died, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom. . giving us access to God. .
Mt 27:51, Mrk15:38
Christ left us the helper, our advocate, intercessor. .
Jn 16:7, jn14:16-26
He, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us here on earth, and Jesus intercedes for us as He is seated by the right hand side of God Almighty.
.. .
She is not immortal. . a spirit or whatsoever. .
i pray that the spirit of knowledge and understanding c
thank you for the Words of Wisdom,thats what have been trying to say..Since the death of christ we have seen seen great and holy Women.Jesus Christ death gave us life not marys death,Pls Catholics believe in God thru Jesus Christ Alone,Only Him can Save,stop worshipping Mary

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: thank you for the Words of Wisdom,thats what have been trying to say..Since the death of christ we have had people even as Holy as Mary,Jesus Christ death gave us life,Pls Catholics believe in God thru Jesus Christ Alone,Oly Him can Save
I don't get your comment
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C:
I agree with you to an extent, his dead has a greater significance than his birth but come to think of it, if Christ was not born, he wouldn't have died, therefore, his birth "possibilized" his death.
Again, God can use each and everyone of us today but not the way he used Mary because Christ will never be born again.
if God didnt use mary he would have used another virgin to Manifest his Glory

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: thank you for the Words of Wisdom,thats what have been trying to say..Since the death of christ we have had people even as Holy as Mary,Jesus Christ death gave us life,Pls Catholics believe in God thru Jesus Christ Alone,Oly Him can Save

Whoever does not believe that Christ came in flesh is an anti-christ.

To come in flesh he must have a mother

Since he has a mother, she deserve to be honoured.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: if God didnt use mary he would have used another virgin to Manifest his Glory
how do you know his plans?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: telling you as they are One as Trinity but Jesus aint God

But Jesus Christ is GOD THE SON. The FATHER has given Him the power and the authority to rule HIS children forever

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: if God didnt use mary he would have used another virgin to Manifest his Glory
But he used her and thats all that matters now.

If he had used any other person, we will still honour that person today.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: how do you know his plans?
nobody does,thats is why hes called God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: nobody does,thats is why hes called God
what makes you think he would have used another woman? He could have dropped Jesus from the sky ? , since you can't know his plans and shouldn't question them, why do you question the choice of Mary ?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: how do you know his plans?
no one does,thats why Hes Called God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: Did I hear someone say I should leave Mary alone?

Please sir do well to leave her alone for mewink
Abeg share with me oo, you want to kidnap our mother ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: what makes you think he would have used another woman? He could have dropped Jesus from the sky ? , since you can't know his plans and shouldn't question them, why do you question the choice of Mary ?
Read and understand,i didnt question or fault the choice of Mary,as he said he wants him to come as our flesh and blood so he had to be born by a Woman,Now my question to you is Why was Mary chosen? cos we know shes not the only virgin and God looking Woman at that moment
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: no one does,thats why Hes Called God
good to acknowledge that, why then do you keep questioning his choice ? Can God do something useless and worthless? No therefore Mary can b useless and worthless, she's Mary the mother of God, there's no such thing as he could have selected another another woman. He picked Mary so let's deal with Mary and honour her .

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Read and understand,i didnt question or fault the choice of Mary,as he said he wants him to come as our flesh and blood so he had to be born by a Woman,Now my question to you is Why was Mary chosen? cos we know shes not the only virgin and God looking Woman at that moment
Very important question but difficult to answer since we are not God.

God alone knew why he chose her and all we can do is respect his choice and give honour to she who was chosen.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: good to acknowledge that, why then do you keep questioning his choice ? Can God do something useless and worthless? No therefore Mary can b useless and worthless, she's Mary the mother of God, there's no such thing as he could have selected another another woman. He picked Mary so let's deal with Mary and honour her .
am not in support of worshipping mary as an idol and God is against Idolatry.Anybody that says they see Mary in a vision or she appears to them are purely Satanic

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Abeg share with me oo, you want to kidnap our mother ? grin
grin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Read and understand,i didnt question or fault the choice of Mary,as he said he wants him to come as our flesh and blood so he had to be born by a Woman,Now my question to you is Why was Mary chosen? cos we know shes not the only virgin and God looking Woman at that moment
I understand you perfectly. Why do you stop @ Mary ? We can continue why the marriage in cana not in Lagos? Why John the Baptist and not another man ? Why joseph and not Paul or Patrick? Why Judas and not Peter?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....
the temple of God in me say my i throw 100000 till eternity tuale for u sir. U're too much!!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: am not in support of worshipping mary as an idol and God is against Idolatry.Anybody that says they see Mary in a vision or she appears to them are purely Satanic
Mary can and will never b an idol, there's no idolatry in honouring our mother and the mother of our God.

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: am not in support of worshipping mary as an idol and God is against Idolatry.Anybody that says they see Mary in a vision or she appears to them are purely Satanic
You think
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Mary can and will never b an idol, there's no idolatry in honouring our mother and the mother of our God.
Question :Do you think mary has any spiritual Significant? Hell NO,As it is clearly written in the bible,The faith of a father can not save or gurantee his Son that he will make heaven,it doesnt mean that because Mary gave birth to Christ that she has Automatic Ticket to Heaven and Pls where in the bible did the angel wait for mary to say yes cos theres nothing like that in Luke,Matthew pls tell me where u saw that
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hail mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, Blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
She is the only one and no one else.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Question :Do you think mary has any spiritual Significant? Hell NO,As it is clearly written in the bible,The faith of a father can not save or gurantee his Son that he will make heaven,it doesnt mean that because Mary gave birth to Christ that she has Automatic Ticket to Heaven and Pls where in the bible did the angel wait for mary to say yes cos theres nothing like that in Luke,Matthew pls tell me where u saw that
If the faith of a believing wife can make an unbelieving husband acceptable to God and even affect their children, what are you then talking about? 1cor7V13-16.

There are things we shouldn't rush to their conclusions; we are not God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
@JENMUACY which heaven and earth waited for her respond,her response never matter cos its God wills @Macelliot Holy Mary stop deceiving the catholics,pls wake them up before u mislead them to hell
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Are you aware that of all the people that have met Jesus,

Peter
Mattew
Stephen
Mary the mother of Jesus
Mary Magdalene
Jeseph the carpenter
Zaccheus
Paul
Luke
Andrew
Batherlomen
Judas iscarot
James
John e.t.c

The Apostle Paul, the former Saul of Tarus, is who i respect and honor the most. . not even Mary or Peter. .

He wrote 14 books of the new testament

Roman
I Corinthians
II Corinthians
I Timothy
II Timothy
Titus
I Thessalonian
II Thessalonian
Galatian
Ephesians
Phillipians
Colossians
Philomen
and Hebrews. .

You can see, that the greatest person that ever lived in the dispension of grace. . . after Jesus Christ, was Apostle Paul. .

The reason, is that Christ is more concern about passing the message of his life, death and resurrection, to all lost souls. Anyone who believes, and baptized is saved. . .[not water baptism as a child or sprinkling of water, i mean water baptism by immersion] Not believing alone is condemnation. .

And nobody did it like Apostle Paul. . .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: @JENMUACY which heaven and earth waited for her respond,her response never matter cos its God's will
God wouldn't have forcefully caused her to bear his son if she had said no, and yes her response matter because it caused the manifestation of God's will in her life.
Luke 1V45 For blessed is she that believed, for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Oh yes she believed and accepted in verse 38 of Luke 1
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
kamura: Are you aware that of all the people that have met Jesus,

Peter
Mattew
Stephen
Mary the mother of Jesus
Mary Magdalene
Jeseph the carpenter
Zaccheus
Paul
Luke
Andrew
Batherlomen
Judas iscarot
James
John e.t.c

The Apostle Paul, the former Saul of Tarus, is who i respect and honor the most. . not even Mary or Peter. .

He wrote 14 books of the new testament

Roman
I Corinthians
II Corinthians
I Timothy
II Timothy
Titus
I Thessalonian
II Thessalonian
Galatian
Ephesians
Phillipians
Colossians
Philomen
and Hebrews. .

You can see, that the greatest person that ever lived in the dispension of grace. . . after Jesus Christ, was Apostle Paul. .

The reason, is that Christ is more concern about passing the message of his life, death and resurrection, to all lost souls. Anyone who believes, and baptized is saved. . .[not water baptism as a child or sprinkling of water, i mean water baptism by immersion] Not believing alone is condemnation. .

And nobody did it like Apostle Paul. . .

You honour Paul more, I honour Mary more, it is our individual choice.

I won't go into telling you if Paul actually wrote those books or not . That's an issue for another day. Thanks to the Catholic church( the mother church) For what you think you know about those books.

As far as the bible is concerned, Paul is not the greatest.
Jesus Christ clearly placed John the baptist above Paul.

5 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: God wouldn't have forcefully caused her to bear his son if she had said no, and yes her response matter because it caused the manifestation of God's will in her life.
Luke 1V45 For blessed is she that believed, for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
Oh yes she believed and accepted in verse 38 of Luke 1
pls try to read luke 1:26-45 cos it seems u dont understand those version cos God already chose her,whether she wants it or not,but as God worshipper she replied '' i am the Lords Servant,May it be to me as you have Said'' Read mark 6:3-6
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: You honour Paul more, I honour Mary more, it is our individual choice.
I won't go into telling you if Paul actually wrote those books or not . That's an issue for another day. Thanks to the Catholic church( the mother church) For what you think you know about those books.
As far as the bible is concerned, Paul is not the greatest.
Jesus Christ clearly placed John the baptist above Paul.
Dont compare the 2,John the baptist A.K.A Elijah is a prophet while paul is an Apostle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.