Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) (37998 Views)

Picture; A Baby Strapped To A Load In A Wheel Barrow / Do Think This Marriage Will Work? (picture) / Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by SpcAgtOko: 12:32am On Dec 16, 2013
Isnt the purpose of backing your baby so you can perform tasks?
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by pcaptain38(f): 12:34am On Dec 16, 2013
funny though but creative

if u are looking for affordable spacious hall for hire for any kind of Event
call 07046432546

http://central-business-district./spacious-hall-for-all-kind-of-social-and-corporate-events-in-the-heart-of-abuja-for-hire-iid-574395829
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Ilekokonit: 12:44am On Dec 16, 2013
Coldfeet:
Its normal abeg! Them say make woman weh born no rest? This pillow is better than some that will give the baby panadol or sleeping tab or ogogoro.

Giving a harmless baby ogogoro just to send the infant to sleep ?? If the ogogoro damages the baby's liver the mother will now start blaming her enemies or her mother in law and be going from one pastor to the next in search of a cure.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by soulglo: 1:35am On Dec 16, 2013
I think it is dangerous. If she turns her face into the pillow she might not be able to turn it back sideways to breathe. Why not just train the baby to sleep being carried
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 16, 2013
cheesy cheesy
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Consent(m): 6:56am On Dec 16, 2013
Believe me this would only work with some kids,other very smart kids would know the difference and cry thier a** out in protest.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by egoldman(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2013
I could allow my wife to do this only when someone else is with the baby , cos am concerned what may happen if the baby turns , moreover my boy would know that pillow isn't my wife back , otherwise tell me how my baby could understand when u stand and when you seat, he cries when u seat and keeps calm when you stand, these kids get wayo sometimes oooh shocked shocked
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Etianwanokon: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2013
I'M LAUGHING AND CRYING AT THE SAME TIME. MOTHERHOOD IS TOUGH
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by jevic(m): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2013
Na waoo.
Some women dey sharp.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Reference(m): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2013
egoldman: I could allow my wife to do this only when someone else is with the baby , cos am concerned what may happen if the baby turns , moreover my boy would know that pillow isn't my wife back , otherwise tell me how my baby could understand when u stand and when you seat, he cries when u seat and keeps calm when you stand, these kids get wayo sometimes oooh shocked shocked

Yeah and the warmth of the mum's body, the unmistakable scent of her tender skin, and the rhythm of her beating heart can never be replicated by a pillow. Babies may have small brains but they remember the atmosphere of the mum's womb and you back them to wean them off that. Sorry, this will not fool all of them. Good attempt though.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Ishilove: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2013
Reference:

Yeah and the warmth of the mum's body, the unmistakable scent of her tender skin, and the rhythm of her beating heart can never be replicated by a pillow. Babies may have small brains but they remember the atmosphere of the mum's womb and you back them to wean them off that. Sorry, this will not fool all of them. Good attempt though.
Scent of her tender skin ke? If the mother is a farmer with skin as tough as kpomo, and the unmistakeble scent is the sharp tang of sweat and dirt nko? grin

My guy leave all that one. The baby knows who its mother is because of the connection that was formed through blood and the umblical cord. It is spiritual and goes beyond scent and the sound of a beating heart.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Ishilove: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Consent: Believe me this would only work with some kids,other very smart kids would know the difference and cry thier a** out in protest.
True. My friend's baby would know the difference sharp sharp and there will be hell to pay. That boy is a terrorist grin
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by hohafrank(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2013
obo389: grin grin grin grin
I believe the baby is closel watched
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Drniyi4u(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2013
Ishilove:
True. My friend's baby would know the difference sharp sharp and there will be hell to pay. That boy is a terrorist grin
terrorist grin grin
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by hohafrank(m): 9:28am On Dec 16, 2013
Ferya: I saw this picture on a friend's Facebook wall.
This baby got used to sleeping on her mother's back but it is a big challenge for her mum to perform her house chores. I personally think that it is risky if the child falls on her back with that pillow in front of her. What do you think?
I think the baby is under the watchful eyes of the mother or some one else
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Woged2005: Thank your God this is not in the USA. You are on ur way to losing the baby and possibly serving jail time for Child abuse/neglect, forceful imprisonment, endangering a minor, causing harm using objects, etc..LoL! The laws here don't smile at things like this as hilarious. They will tell u if can't take care of the baby, don't have her. Period! Marriage is not movie!!!

I think you are overstating the case here. Child services would never fault a mother who straps her baby into a baby seat so how is this different?
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by vainfairy: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2013
Woged2005: Thank your God this is not in the USA. You are on ur way to losing the baby and possibly serving jail time for Child abuse/neglect, forceful imprisonment, endangering a minor, causing harm using objects, etc..LoL! The laws here don't smile at things like this as hilarious. They will tell u if can't take care of the baby, don't have her. Period! Marriage is not movie!!!

Lolllzzz!!!! Bleep their laawwwss joorrr!!! & Like ow many marriages ova there lasts longer than a good movie's duration
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by ogoigbe(m): 11:26am On Dec 16, 2013
grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin ;Dpikin wen sat e Mama no go sleep or rest,na sense them go use 4 her.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Rotime1(m): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
i dey laugh o! dis is serious!
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by soksy(f): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
Very funny...
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by emma4ph: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
i don laugh taya.............
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Woged2005(f): 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I think you are overstating the case here. Child services would never fault a mother who straps her baby into a baby seat so how is this different?

Maybe you've never been involved with a Child Protective Services b4 & see even milder things they term as child abuse/ neglect (based on proven research on kids). Don't forget that in most states in USA a car child seat must be certified by a trained nurse in the hospital as safe b4 u leave the hospital with the baby. All child straps & restrain seats went through safety checks and approved before being sold/ used in homes. Also remember we shake babies & throw them up in the air in Africa, as fun while recently in USA it's a crime bc of shaken baby/ sudden infant death syndrome. In Nigeria we still blame these sudden deaths of infants on 'possessed housemaids', Ogbanje, witches & wizzards, while in USA they researched and found out what causes infants to die suddenly in sleep (bc their fragile brain moved when they're shaken).

Pls I'm not criticizing the mom here, rather pointing out it's not proven to be safe to strap a baby to a stacked 'Object' like one facing a firing squad. A baby's contact with a human body prevents disability in babies, a pillow won't (that's why babies must be touched at least 500 times a day). All I can say for now is just try this in the USA and hope a peeping Oyibo saw u. Let's have this discussion afterwards. All the luck! grin
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by NobleG1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
obo389: grin grin grin grin

This is one of the reasons why some people should be banned from procreating. That helpless baby could easily suffocate if he/she tries to turn head or the pillow could fall back and suffocate the baby beneath while the reckless mother is distracted.

Don't do this again if you're worthy as mother
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by putu4: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
;Dthe hard economy has pushed women to be doing wrong thing like this cos they have to huzzle for the family to have enough food on the table gone are d days when hubby is the only source of money for the family. this pattern is better than day-care the hard economy has pushed women to be doing wrong thing like this cos they have to huzzle for the family to have enough food on the table gone are d days when hubby is the only source of money for the family. this pattern is better than day-caregrin haahaaaaa laughing seriously.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by LordReed(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Woged2005:

Maybe you've never been involved with a Child Protective Services b4 & see even milder things they term as child abuse/ neglect (based on proven research on kids). Don't forget that in most states in USA a car child seat must be certified by a trained nurse in the hospital as safe b4 u leave the hospital with the baby. All child straps & restrain seats went through safety checks and approved before being sold/ used in homes. Also remember we shake babies & throw them up in the air in Africa, as fun while recently in USA it's a crime bc of shaken baby/ sudden infant death syndrome. In Nigeria we still blame these sudden deaths of infants on 'possessed housemaids', Ogbanje, witches & wizzards, while in USA they researched and found out what causes infants to die suddenly in sleep (bc their fragile brain moved when they're shaken).

Pls I'm not criticizing the mom here, rather pointing out it's not proven to be safe to strap a baby to a stacked 'Object' like one facing a firing squad. A baby's contact with a human body prevents disability in babies, a pillow won't (that's why babies must be touched at least 500 times a day). All I can say for now is just try this in the USA and hope a peeping Oyibo saw u. Let's have this discussion afterwards. All the luck! grin

So child services check each and every pram and baby cot? C'mon! Granted they could make things difficult by citing all sorts of neglect if they wanted to but you and I know that is not what will happen.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by aderome(f): 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
na wa, am speechless is only a mother with hard mind that can do this and feel comfortable doing it.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by NobleG1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
Woged2005:

You're absolutely right, but the stupid, archaic and barbarous Nigerian mentality would surely inhibit some people here from comprehending the logic in your point. They hardly exercise any rational thinking.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by NobleG1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ferya: I saw this picture on a friend's Facebook wall.
This baby got used to sleeping on her mother's back but it is a big challenge for her mum to perform her house chores. I personally think that it is risky if the child falls on her back with that pillow in front of her. What do you think?

I can't believe some people found this funny. I have no doubts that it is imperative to question the mental health of some Nigerians. Most are walking crazies!
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by soulglo: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lord_Reed:

This is considered a restraint. Strap a child face down to anything and see how quickly child protective services will make your life a living hell. It is simply dangerous for the child to be strapped down like that when there is no one around. The child cannot save himself if he turns the wrong way.
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by ambanjoson(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
Na another style of taking care of stubborn baby .
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by amram(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
poor little baby
Re: Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) by Collyno82(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2017
Ferya:
I saw this picture on a friend's Facebook wall.
some mothers gat no chill @ Ferya don't be like this mother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before And After Photos Of A Lady And Her Dad / A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.