Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,420 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head (1393 Views)

The True Story On PDP Deji Adeyanju And APC Segun Dada Bust Off / Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians By Segun Dada / Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by bobbling(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2013
Fellow Nigerians,

This letter of mine is going to contain a lot of apologies. I have sinned against God and against you all. I have transgressed. I apologize. I apologize for pissing down the many opportunities you gave me to be the greatest Nigerian ever. I apologize for a lot of things. I apologize.

I apologize because I had some of the rarest opportunities in public service anybody could get anywhere, which in other climes should have been a stepping stone to greater things if I was a man with an iota of humanity or decency. For you my countrymen allowed me a total of eleven years as the head of state and President of Nigeria.

I apologize for being a disappointment. I apologize for being a tyrant masquerading as a democrat. I apologize for being self-centred, obnoxious, vindictive and a crude man. I apologize for all the times I sought at all cost to always impose my will on the nation, even where it was detrimental to the laws of morality, decency, common sense and of national interest.

I apologize for the killing of Nigerian university students in cold blood and the invasion and razing of the home and business premises of Fela Kuti who was my number one critic as military head of state. I know now that he was never my enemy even though I treated him as my enemy and an enemy of the Nigerian state.

I apologize for supporting the annulment of the election of a democratically elected president, Chief MKO Abiola and colluding with my military colleagues and setting up all sorts of anti-democratic political contraptions to negate the mandate of the people in an election widely acclaimed to be free and fair.

I apologize to Jesus Christ for claiming to be born again when I came out of jail and to you my countrymen and women for playing on your intelligence that I had seen some light when my soul was still much engulfed in the spirit of darkness.
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by Greatihex(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Source, or it is a propaganda.
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by Joel3(m): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2013
was this truly coming from him?
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by Joel3(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2013
this topic worth the front page
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by johndwayy(m): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2013
hmmm, is dis letter of apology from obasanjo? The story is really getting interesting.
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
deleted
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by Tolexander: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Maybe someone hacked into obasanjo's media accounts!

This doesn't seem like obasanjo's attitude!
Re: Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians–by Segun Dada ■nail On The Head by Vavavoom(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Tongue in cheek. A parody of some sort...the author is saying indirectly Obasanjo has come to his Saul Moment and instead of coming out openly to seek forgiveness for all his atrocities which he unwittingly*read cleverly if it suits you*espoused in his epistle to Jonathan. Every Nigerian alive and above 15 years can tell OBJ is the exact antithesis of the role he is trying so hard to convey.

Joanthan as a student of Obasanjonomics can hardly be different from his master. His master ever the cunnying old fox that he is is putting up a fight to guard the common patrimony of the exclusive class - the loot shared by the likes of IBB, Abdulsalami, TY Danjuma et al

Anyone can be fooled looking at the redeemptive message, but the Medium if explored begins to unravel the underlying dictates of a controlling unseen hand in our affairs. Beyond the facade of public hand-washing by OBJ lies the hidden truth of why we are they way we are.

This Caesar's moment of public confession against an erring son will pass, nothing will change as these men/players have become set in their ways. For them the nation exist to serve their existence, purpose - an estate from which they draw from at will and ready to see burn when not driven by their whims.

Some say leave the medium and look at the message. But the message has always been with us - it is that we've grown accustomed to it. We see it at every level of governance. There are students of Obasanjonomics in every tier of government, roughbreeds whose shackles the people must rise to free themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Actually Making Nigeria Ungovernable? / Fundraising For Terror Victims / LASG Finally Moves To Clear Blocked Drainaiges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.