Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival? (2111 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Any Nairalander In Freetown Sierra Leon.pls Its Urgent / Survival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival? by Okpuzu01(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
I am thinking lately of migrating to Sierra Leone. I am sure der are couple of Nigerians in that country especially those living in Freetown wich happen to be the capital. How is the place? I mean in terms of house rent, business etc.
Re: Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival? by ifegy: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sierra Leone is still recovering from their recent civil war, and is still facing tremendous economic and infrastructural challenges in the rebuilding process. Why not consider other West African countries, if you're looking to go and do business?
Re: Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival? by ololo12: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
@ op having stayed in Freetown, SL for 3 months. I can say Freetown is a nice and beautiful place to live. Low crime rate, beautiful beaches, lots of interesting places. There have the low brow area ( eastern region) and high brow area( western region ). High brow areas such as Lumley and Aberdeen are fun places to visit. However, you should bear in that Sierra Leone is a country that had civil war, they are just coming out of war. And are in a rebuilding process. So there is infrastructural challenges, high unemployment rate. But if you have enough money to start up a business there, you should be fine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Obudu Mountain Resort / How Did This Couple Manage To Beat Security Check And Entered Plane With This? / Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.