Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

"Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." (2154 Views)

ISIS Trainer Turns To The Bible, 'sick Of The Killing' / Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? / God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Someone Asked: "Why did God order the killing of an entire people group? That’s genocide."

Answer:

God didn't just kill a group of people He killed the entire human race, except for eight people in the Noahic flood. You should thank Him for saving them, because without them, you wouldn’t be here. You will also die because God has ordered your death sentence. However, He will grant everlasting life to those who repent and trust in Jesus. www.NeedGod.com
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by DKJaleel: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
..1 Samuel 15v3 nko?? "This is what the Lord Almighty says...'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

Numbers 31:7 - And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

Jeremiah 50:21-22 - Go up against the land of Merathaim, [even] against it, and against the inhabitants of Pekod: waste and utterly destroy after them, saith the LORD, and do according to all that I have commanded thee.

Judges 20:48 - And the men of Israel turned again upon the children of Benjamin, and smote them with the edge of the sword, as well the men of [every] city, as the beast, and all that came to hand: also they set on fire all
the cities that they came to.

Joshua 8:1-29 - And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land..
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by ooman(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Asked: "Why did God order the killing of an entire people group? That’s genocide."

Answer:

God didn't just kill a group of people He killed the entire human race, except for eight people in the Noahic flood. You should thank Him for saving them, because without them, you wouldn’t be here. You will also die because God has ordered your death sentence. However, He will grant everlasting life to those who repent and trust in Jesus. www.NeedGod.com

guy, why stab yourself in the back? Why start a thread like this that can't get you anywhere?

DK Jaleel has given you a great reply...
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Lordlexyy: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
ooman:

guy, why stab yourself in the back? Why start a thread like this that can't get you anywhere?

And God will yet kill more at the final judgement. He will show mercy to those worthy of mercy, but to the children of disobedience, He will pour out yet His indignation fury and wrath. Like the scripture said, "it is a scary thing to fall in the hands of the Lord". For people like you who find occasion to speak ill of God and His messangers, remember that every idle word will receive just recompence.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
DK Jaleel:

..1 Samuel 15v3 nko?? "This is what the Lord Almighty says...'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

Numbers 31:7 - And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

Jeremiah 50:21-22 - Go up against the land of Merathaim, [even] against it, and against the inhabitants of Pekod: waste and utterly destroy after them, saith the LORD, and do according to all that I have commanded thee.

Judges 20:48 - And the men of Israel turned again upon the children of Benjamin, and smote them with the edge of the sword, as well the men of [every] city, as the beast, and all that came to hand: also they set on fire all
the cities that they came to.

Joshua 8:1-29 - And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land..

ooman:

Did you guys read the answers provided at all? And you ended up shooting yourselves in the foot. shocked

If you did you would have realised that God didn't just confine His wrath to the Canaanites or to the Amalekites or Midianites. He proclaimed the death sentence upon the whole of humanity. We will die because we have broken God's Law. Every one of us is waiting on death row. Instead of you guys standing in moral judgment over the Almighty God, the appropriate thing to do is to judge ourselves according to the Law of God as I posted above. We would find out that we have a multitude of sins and are therefore deserving of punishment. Yet God, out of love, paid the penalty for our sin so we would not have to.

"And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter" (Revelation 8:11 The Evidence Bible)
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by ooman(m): 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lordlexyy: And God will yet kill more at the final judgement. He will show mercy to those worthy of mercy, but to the children of disobedience, He will pour out yet His indignation fury and wrath. Like the scripture said, "it is a scary thing to fall in the hands of the Lord". For people like you who find occasion to speak ill of God and His messangers, remember that every idle word will receive just recompence.

Yeah, i know, your god is a murderer. Thats not new to me...

Concerning recompense for speaking ill of your god, that will happen only if he receive recompense for all the evil and genocide he's committed.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by ooman(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Did you guys read the answers provided at all? And you ended up shooting yourselves in the foot. shocked

If you did you would have realised that God didn't just confine His wrath to the Canaanites or to the Amalekites or Midianites. He proclaimed the death sentence upon the whole of humanity. We will die because we have broken God's Law. Every one of us is waiting on death row. Instead of you guys standing in moral judgment over the Almighty God, the appropriate thing to do is to judge ourselves according to the Law of God as I posted above. We would find out that we have a multitude of sins and are therefore deserving of punishment. Yet God, out of love, paid the penalty for our sin so we would not have to.

"And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter" (Revelation 8:11 The Evidence Bible)

we are talking about what happened after the flood...
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
ooman:

we are talking about what happened after the flood...

When did the Canaanites, Amalekites, Medianites and those in the book of revelation quoted above die? were they before or after the flood? undecided
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by ManhunterTM(m): 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Asked: "Why did God order the killing of an entire people group? That’s genocide."

Answer:

I was hoping to see a well thought-out answer to the question but this just proves that your god is a savage and not worthy of any worship.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Manhunter™:

I was hoping to see a well thought-out answer to the question but this just proves that your god is a savage and not worthy of any worship.

God is never unjust and never capricious. He is the God of mercy and at the same time the Just God. It is your choice whether you will face His justice on Judgment Day or His Mercy through Jesus Christ. Your decision determines your destiny.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hehehe, same with manhunter. I felt I was going to read something sensible. Unknown to me, its just the normal BS.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by ooman(m): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God is never unjust and never capricious. He is the God of mercy and at the same time the Just God. It is your choice whether you will face His justice on Judgment Day or His Mercy through Jesus Christ. Your decision determines your destiny.

look, your god is a monster, the rest is just made up story
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by vanhelsing(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
@OP Can I ask you a honest question?According to your scripture Let us assume Man did not Fall...what was the purpose for Adam and Eve's Existence? To run around Nake.d in a Garden aimlessly? Eat Fruits and count Animals? Was that the Grand purpose?I want to Know exactly what God planned for them before they Fell. Thank you

Sorry if its off topic
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Ranchhoddas: 1:08am On Dec 16, 2013
vanhelsing: @OP Can I ask you a honest question?According to your scripture Let us assume Man did not Fall...what was the purpose for Adam and Eve's Existence? To run around Nake.d in a Garden aimlessly? Eat Fruits and count Animals? Was that the Grand purpose?I want to Know exactly what God planned for them before they Fell. Thank you

Sorry if its off topic
this is very thoughtful.i suggest you open a thread for this.@op.over to you
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2013
vanhelsing:

@OP Can I ask you a honest question?According to your scripture Let us assume Man did not Fall...what was the purpose for Adam and Eve's Existence? To run around Nake.d in a Garden aimlessly? Eat Fruits and count Animals? Was that the Grand purpose?I want to Know exactly what God planned for them before they Fell. Thank you

Sorry if its off topic

Permit me to answer you with a quote from Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke' Official Page:

It can be tough. Being a woman or man is demanding and was meant to be. We were made to be shaped. It is the price for being flesh and blood. We are the most privileged species of all the ranks of beings He ever made. Being human is a compliment and honour. Planted in each of us is a vast, significant, mysterious secret of the eternal purpose of God. Each bears a unique personality to reflect some aspect of His infinite glory. Being human as God sees us means sinfulness, ignorance, folly, weakness, all of us pretty much the same, but we are still His specials, more than any seraph or mighty spirit patrolling unknown worlds. The Son of God took human nature, not the nature of angels. He is the Son of Mary not the son of Gabriel. God invested in us everything He had even handing over His Son to be one us, to ransom us. This should encourage you. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE

Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Ranchhoddas:

this is very thoughtful.i suggest you open a thread for this.@op.over to you

In the absence of any intelligible question on this board let me draft in one from your bedfellows:

Someone Said: "How can you justify God killing everyone in a flood?"

Answer:

God doesn't have to justify Himself to anybody, because He is God. Everyone will die, because the Judge of the Universe has proclaimed our death sentence. We are the ones who need justification, not God, and we can be justified through repentance and faith in Jesus.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by vanhelsing(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2013
Ranchhoddas: this is very thoughtful.i suggest you open a thread for this.@op.over to you

I'd Love to,however I get easily bored with debates..
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanhelsing:

I'd Love to,however I get easily bored with debates..
And yet here you are asking silly questions. If the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable.The bible as the manual for life has already stated the purpose.It might do you good to open your heart and search from genesis to revelation with a hrt void of criticism and doubts.peradventure God might have mercy on you and show you your purpose.

Jesus found His purpose.

Paul found His purpose.

Everyone who came to God found their purpose.

God is no respecter of persons.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by vanhelsing(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Permit me to answer you with a quote from Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke' Official Page:

It can be tough. Being a woman or man is demanding and was meant to be. We were made to be shaped. It is the price for being flesh and blood. We are the most privileged species of all the ranks of beings He ever made. Being human is a compliment and honour. Planted in each of us is a vast, significant, mysterious secret of the eternal purpose of God. Each bears a unique personality to reflect some aspect of His infinite glory. Being human as God sees us means sinfulness, ignorance, folly, weakness, all of us pretty much the same, but we are still His specials, more than any seraph or mighty spirit patrolling unknown worlds. The Son of God took human nature, not the nature of angels. He is the Son of Mary not the son of Gabriel. God invested in us everything He had even handing over His Son to be one us, to ransom us. This should encourage you. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE

@ OP I am afraid you haven't addressed the question.
There are a myriad of questions I'd love to bring out from that which will ultimately address the OP. Christianity has tried to make us believe our existence was all about accepting Jesus so as to escape damnation,to please God,but was that why this your God created us? Did his Ego suffer from been alone? The Jesus part was a Plan B what was the Master plan? And again why should we be grateful for being created,did we suffer any inconvenience from Non existence?

It wouldn't Hurt to say " I don't know"
But I'll expect the typical " who are we to question God" answer

2 Likes

Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by vanhelsing(m): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
Bidam: And yet here you are asking silly questions. If the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable.The bible as the manual for life has already stated the purpose.It might do you good to open your heart and search from genesis to revelation with a hrt void of criticism and doubts.peradventure God might have mercy on you and show you your purpose.

Jesus found His purpose.

Paul found His purpose.

Everyone who came to God found their purpose.

God is no respecter of persons.

If it sounds silly to you that's your Mug of beer...
Since the Bible has stated the purpose why didn't you reiterate it here?
Please tend to your daily business if you have nothing to say...Thanks
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanhelsing:

@ OP I am afraid you haven't addressed the question.
There are a myriad of questions I'd love to bring out from that which will ultimately address the OP. Christianity has tried to make us believe our existence was all about accepting Jesus so as to escape damnation,to please God,but was that why this your God created us? Did his Ego suffer from been alone? The Jesus part was a Plan B what was the Master plan? And again why should we be grateful for being created,did we suffer any inconvenience from Non existence?

It wouldn't Hurt to say " I don't know"
But I'll expect the typical " who are we to question God" answer

"I don't know" is the language of the atheist. Take the bible and read as Bidam has advised. Starting from where I stopped I'll still repeat what Reinhard Bonnke said:

"We are the most privileged species of all the ranks of beings He ever made. Being human is a compliment and honour. Planted in each of us is a vast, significant, mysterious secret of the eternal purpose of God. Each bears a unique personality to reflect some aspect of His infinite glory"

Let me help you by quoting some biblical references for your perusal:

"For of Him and through Him and to Him [are] all things, to whom [be] glory forever. Amen" (Romans 11:36).

What is your purpose? Why did God create you? This verse gives you a laconic answer to your kweshun. God created us to glorify Him and to enjoy Him forever. We were created by Him and for Him. He didn't need us because He was lonely or wanted someone to chat with. o is perfect and complete and has always been that way. We belong completely to Him and because of this, we are to glorify Him in everything we do. You may want to ask how you are to do that? If you love Him, you will obey Him, believe in Jesus Christ, trust in Him and receive the free gift Jesus offers us. It is only then will we give glory to God, and only then we will be able to enjoy Him forever, for all eternity.

For further reading: Zephaniah 3:17; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 1 Peter 4:11
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanhelsing:

If it sounds silly to you that's your Mug of beer...
Since the Bible has stated the purpose why didn't you reiterate it here?
Please tend to your daily business if you have nothing to say...Thanks
I don't drink beer may be a cup of tea is more like it.Take my candid advice and read the bible.It has the answers you seek,if truly you are a genuine seeker not a false one.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
ooman:

The word of God is not made up story it is sharper than a two edged sword and it can discern your thoughts and intentions.

"Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5).

You can see two facts here: The first important thing is; there are no innocent people. The Bible says All have sinned against a holy and just God. The second point is; God didn't only allow the Israelites to kill the people, He commanded them to carry out the execution.

Because He is a Holy God, He has to judge sin and wickedness. He used the Israelites to judge the people and remove the evil in the land. We know there are still evil, wicked people today. But God doesn't command us to destroy the wicked today. This is because Jesus Christ died on the cross. God judged the sin in the world by punishing His Son on the cross.

The Bible tells us that God Himself will judge those who do not claim Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord i.e. those who don't receive Jesus' free gift of forgiveness and who refuse to trust Him and believe in Him as the one and only way to heaven.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Joshthefirst(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
ooman:

I see the words of a man denying truth without sense to justify his indoctrination.

Accept this truth before its too late.
Accept the truth of God.

We cannot know our purpose without getting right with the God who designed our purpose and choosing to obey his will for our lives.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^^^^
and you wonder why we call you a zombie.

You should consider North Korean naturalization. It would suit your person.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Joshthefirst(m): 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
aManFromMars: ^^^^^
and you wonder why we call you a zombie.

You should consider North Korean naturalization. It would suit your person.
you read the op. And speak against it then, and speak well and not like the unserious lousers here.

You might also consider counselling too. It might make you feel a little better.

God is a monster for carrying out justice. I hear. Whining like an unruly adolescent child.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: you read the op. And speak against it then, and speak well and not like the unserious lousers here.

You might also consider counselling too. It might make you feel a little better.

God is a monster for carrying out justice. I hear. Whining like an unruly adolescent child.
Whining? You're the one who's acting like a girl's got you pregnant. grin grin

Any hoo, I really do not care about what your god claims to be doing or what tribe he is wiping off the earth for his mistakes. It's his choice. He lives in the heart of those who believe. wink
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
aManFromMars:
Whining? You're the one who's acting like a girl's got you pregnant. grin grin

Any hoo, I really do not care about what your god claims to be doing or what tribe he is wiping off the earth for his mistakes. It's his choice. He lives in the heart of those who believe. wink
actually, he lives, whether you like it or not.grin

I don't whine. I adress the incessant whinings of you and your cohorts.

He does not bother much with you guys. He works his own way, reaching out to men in his own judgement. He has already treated you dismissively as a fool in the bible. Its amazing how the bible adresses every issue and standpoint of man so uniquely, and treats yours dismissively(in a unique and direct way all the same grin)
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by nnofaith: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

your god cannot be just and merciful at the same time, for mercy is the absence of justice!
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by ManhunterTM(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is not about me, it is about a supposed "omni-everything-gbo gbo ero" God (supreme being that shouldn't be engaged in frivolities) ordering genocides and just generally being silly (i can prove this with the bible)
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by Joshthefirst(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
nnofaith: your god cannot be just and merciful at the same time, for mercy is the absence of justice!
God has shown mercy. He is the God of mercy. But he is also just.

God is not merciful to the point of not being able to punish wrong-doing. He gives room for repentance. He warns of judgement stedfastly and commands men everywhere to repent.

But when one refuses mercy, he will drink the full wrath of Judgement.

The wages of sin is indeed death.

Stop your delusions of grandeur and face the hard truth of the fact that you(all of us) are a wretched sinner, deserving of Gods justice, and embrace Gods mercy: Christ Jesus.

We're here as witnesses of reality you see. To pull down the foolish delusions man has created of himself and God. We strip people of their false(and convenient) conceptions and give them a dose of the real deal, non-negotiable reality.

God is not a force, inanimate, he is not energy. God is not non-existent(this is not to even be argued), God is here in his objectivity. We have made very false images of him through the ages, but he has also given us his real picture through the ages. God is the all-powerful person and creator. God is too big to be part of our rituals and routines. God is too big to fit into our lives. God is too holy to abide with sin. God is our creator. God has revealed himself and his knowledge. God is the owner of our life-purposes. God is a loving God, but he is also holy and the Good judge and cannot allow sin to go unpunished.
To meet God, we must get rid of our sins first, we can only do that by his provision of Jesus Christ.

To acknowledge God, we must deny ourselves; our ambitions and purposes. If we acknowledge God, we must acknowledge his lordship. He is too big to be a part of our existence. We must fit into his plans and purposes. We must come to him on his terms. He is the lord. His terms are non-negotiable.

All of this is hard fact. And it is only with simple trust in the ever-present God that we will truly find purpose. That we will be truly free, from sin and lust, free to work Gods purpose.

There is no room for sin or hypocrisy. Denying the God-fact is the most foolish of all measures and will gain you nothing.

God is present. We have made him our enemy because of our sins. We are deserving of judgement. In Gods mercy, Christ died for us. He became our substitute and saved us from sin's tyranny.
When we accept Christ, we accept God. And we are free to live, truly live, according to his purpose. Given a new life in Christ Jesus.

For the wages of sin is DEATH, but the free-gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through JESUS CHRIST our Lord

This is reality.
Re: "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
nnofaith:

your god cannot be just and merciful at the same time, for mercy is the absence of justice!

He is just because He will not allow the sinner to go unpunished. He is merciful because He visited our punishment on His only begotten Son so that you may walk free.

Justice and Mercy meets together.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions For Christian From Muslims / Inspiring Interview With LIZZY, 12-year -old Nigerian Youngest Gospel Artist / Spiritual Truth From Aladdin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.