Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? (27709 Views)

Fornication Is Not A Sin / Why Fornication Is A Deadly Sin That Will Get You Almost Killed, If Not Killed ? / Over Coming Fornication Is Not By Prayers Alone, Its Not The Sin The Sin Is Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by quivah(f): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

Can you give me any scriptural prove that the ceremony is what joins the man and woman?

Am really tired of typing epistles today.
Can you gimme any verse that prove that se.x is what joins the man and woman?

Mind you! You gotta become husband and wife(which start right after marriage or introduction) before se.x then later join them spiritually.

You gotta come under holy matrimony first.
Leave thy bed undefiled!
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mintayo:
You are very correct @ d bolded...
Two pple agree to come together-thats a covenant which is sealed by a pastor or priest who has been given d authority(by God) to join them.
God can not join ppl by sexx,i don't know where this guys are getting that idea from,smh.

wrong, the covenant has been sealed the moment they have sex.

Are you telling me every bible character observed a marriage ceremony? or are joint by a priest? Never. So according to your logic, they have not been joines by God? lol

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Mintayo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

The problem with some africans is that they hate reading.

Start reading this thread from page 2 again.
i have been folowing d thread from page one,but i think i will stop here,i dnt do religious arguments. But just note that what u r saying here will be taken serious by some individuals who are looking for ways to justify premarital sex/Fornication,hence,you will be held accountable for whatever words you type here.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
quivah:
You surely dint get Nahum's post I betsmiley

I have modified my post, I made a mistake
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by compyla: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dont worry, majority of those going for HIV1&2 orientation can explain better to you. God says don't do, it's for your own sake, cus he knows the result. Even if not HIV, scratch dick and pussy disease is there.
Dont let grammar confuse you "Sin" is "Disobedience". You sinned simply means you've disobeyed God's simple rule.
The rule is to keep you alive, use it.

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Quatermaine: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
Did a little research and discovered new facts which have debunked the ones I had.

Fornication is not really Pre-marital sex, Fornication encompasses it, Fornication also includes adultery and all other forms of sexual impurity..

But that does not mean that Pre-marital sex is not a sin, It's even more glaring now to me that it is a sin.

Pre-marital sex is a form of or an example of Fornication. It's no news that Fornication is a sin, and if it is why won't pre-marital sex be a sin?
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mintayo:
i have been folowing d thread from page one,but i think i will stop here,i dnt do religious arguments. But just note that what u r saying here will be taken serious by some individuals who are looking for ways to justify premarital sex/Fornication,hence,you will be held accountable for whatever words you type here.

not when you are the one confused as regards this issue

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
compyla: Dont worry, majorite of those going for HIV1&2 orientation can explain better to you. God says don't do, it's for your own case, cus he knows the result. Even if not HIV, scratch dick and pussy disease is there.
Dont let grammar confuse you "Sin" is "Disobedience". You sinned simply means you've disobeyed God's simple rule.
The rule is to keep you alive, use it.

But even an innocent partner contacts STDs from his/her wayward spouse, or don't you read news? So does that mean being married is sinful too? Nah

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by deprince0(m): 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
C.Ovo:

Thanks Sweetz!
Without d bible. Would sin have a definition?
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Mintayo(m): 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

wrong, the covenant has been sealed the moment they have sex.

Are you telling me every bible character observed a marriage ceremony? or are joint by a priest? Never. So according to your logic, they have not been joines by God? lol

So you are saying you don't need the joining by a priest? But once you have sex,the union has been joined by God? Really?
So That is what Jesus mearnt when He said"what God has joined together(through sex),let no man put assunder? Smh...
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mintayo:

So you are saying you don't need the joining by a priest? But once you have sex,the union has been joined by God? Really?
So That is what Jesus mearnt when He said"what God has joined together(through sex),let no man put assunder? Smh...

Listen I am not saying you don't need the joining but that joining is mere ceremony, if you like be joined by a priest and never have sex with your spouse, then you both are still different entities and have not been made one.

So before the advent of Christianity, are you saying people never had spouse? simply because ceremonies didn't exist? pls face the fact bro

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Yungprince(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
HBDHBDHBD
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Quatermaine: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nahum777: now you are speaking from both sides of your mouth, nowhere did the bible call premarital sex a sin. Sex is marriage thats the point, fornication means something else
brother Prove to me that sex is marriage?. Biblical proof please.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Quatermaine: brother Prove to me that sex is marriage?. Biblical proof please.

don't you guys read posts?

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by JESUSBOY2009(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
C.Ovo:

We're now in a world where saying you're a virgin attracts mockery&most people say it's lack of opportunity.No girl would want to marry an 'inexperienced' guy and most guys won't marry a girl who doesn't know how to do it.
Sin is bad,but is it ok to involve in fornication just to get the neccessary experience needed or just wait till marriage before doing it?Everyone I've spoken with said YES,so I wanna throw it out to you guys.
PS:Mods today is my birthday,making it a frontpage material would really make my day&fellow nairalanders,a like to wish me a happy birthday would be nice.I love Y'all.
;
marriage is hournorable in all and the bed undefiled.( says the word of God )
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Quatermaine: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Pre-marital sex is a sin! Take it or leave it.

Read 1 corinthians 7 and you will see for yourself. In verse 2, paul said that for one to abstain from fornicatiƶn, one has to get a husband or wife for one's self. You get a husband or wife through marriage and not sex.

After the marriage, you can have sex as many times as you want but sex before marriage is not proper.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Quatermaine: Pre-marital sex is a sin! Take it or leave it.

Read 1 corinthians 7 and you will see for yourself. In verse 2, paul said that for one to abstain from fornicatiƶn, one has to get a husband or wife for one's self. You get a husband or wife through marriage and not sex.

After the marriage, you can have sex as many times as you want but sex before marriage is not proper.

At what point is a person considerd married?

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by nairaman66(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
Well, Yeah! Consider it a necessary evil. But I dont conform to your assertions! I know of a considerable amount of people who would want to get married to the virgin folks and yet still support this motion!
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by sexylado(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
Pls what should i do? It happened that one day i was checking my daddy's phone without his concet, so in the message inbox i saw some messages from another woman which discused about another children's life and they are my father's children [3] in number and these children are not kids 'cos one of them is awaiting result i.e to furthermore, so i called on my daddy's attention and he explained everything to me and even took me to where they are and beg me not to inform my mummy, but since i had known he used to tell me how things are going. Pls my pple am at the middle of the river so pls advice me.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Quatermaine: 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

At what point is a person considerd married?

A man and a woman is said to be married in the eyes of God when they are legally married. They are also said to be married in the eyes of God after they have participated in a formal religious wedding ceremony.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Quatermaine: 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nahum777: "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." (1 Corinthians 7:2). You dont understand that verse, and i wont explain it to you. Because am walking and typing. Let me get home first cheesy
waiting
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Quatermaine:

A man and a woman is said to be married in the eyes of God when they are legally married. They are also said to be married in the eyes of God after they have participated in a formal religious wedding ceremony.

Scriptural backings...

What of those part of the world that we have nothing like a formal wedding?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... / Zimbabwe Blocks Chris Okafor, Nigerian Prophet Who Said Mugabe Would Die / Moment Prophet Odumeje Delivered Oyinbo Woman In London (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.