Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Emotional Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Emotional Cheating? (2921 Views)

Emotional Cheating: Are You Guilty? / What Is The Difference Between Emotional Cheating & Physical Cheating? / Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotional Cheating? by nalijah07(f): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2008
Cheating is Cheating, but would you feel worse if you discovered your partner was having an emotional affair (no sex, but deep meaningful conversations and closeness) or a physical affair that was just about sex and nothing else?
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2008
IF she will come home and get so hot for me, as long as i am the one at the receving end of all what the man is saying into her ears, i will look the other side
Re: Emotional Cheating? by nalijah07(f): 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2008
I would prefer it if he would just sleep with her. The emotional affair could create a lasting bond that I would not be able to deal with.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by MissyB1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
Which kwesion do yhu actually want us to answer
Having a physical affair dat's jst abt sex n nu'n more?
OR
Having deep meaningful conversation witout sex?
B.T.W. cud yhu xplain whatcha mean by
"deep meaningful conversation and closeness"
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
Dont wanna share what is mne, however, if they talk about sex and all that, the babe will be hot and will come home to papa tongue
Re: Emotional Cheating? by Gamine(f): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2008
I would be extremely hurt.

My husband should be the closest human to me on this planet

and him, I
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2008
Gamine:

I would be extremely hurt.

My husband should be the closest human to me on this planet

and him, I

I do agree with u, however, u have to admit that there are some things that the man will prefer discussing wth outsider than with you, so sad, but true
Re: Emotional Cheating? by Gamine(f): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
Like what?

what in this life? undecided
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2008
Like how will the man know that he is satisfying his woman in bed, most men wont ask the wife, how he is doing in bed, rather ask the receptionist at the office, although, i will ask my woman oh, cos i wanna improve by day to tickle her world
Re: Emotional Cheating? by nalijah07(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ MissyB

My cousin dated a man that she thought was cheating on her. When she confronted him about it he said that he never slept with the woman, that they just talked on the phone mainly about life, their goals, their relationships, etc.

She was able to confirm this by his cell phone bill, because she saw that he would talk to the woman for like 2 to 3 hours at a time, everyday, and sometimes multiple times a day. She forbade him to continue speaking to the woman, but he just could not seem to cut her off. He lied and said he had no more communication with the woman, but he still did according to the cell phone records. When she confronted him again, he told her that she should be glad that he wasn't sleeping with the woman, and that it was a harmless relationship.

In my opinion he is emotionally tied to this woman. My cousin says that he never even spoke at length with her as much as he and the woman did.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by Gamine(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
You see.

if people dont communicate how is a marriage supposed to work undecided
Re: Emotional Cheating? by sayhi2ay(m): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

My cousin dated a man that she thought was cheating on her. When she confronted him about it he said that he never slept with the woman, that they just talked on the phone mainly about life, their goals, their relationships, etc.

She was able to confirm this by his cell phone bill, because she saw that he would talk to the woman for like 2 to 3 hours at a time, everyday, and sometimes multiple times a day. She forbade him to continue speaking to the woman, but he just could not seem to cut her off. He lied and said he had no more communication with the woman, but he still did according to the cell phone records. When she confronted him again, he told her that she should be glad that he wasn't sleeping with the woman, and that it was a harmless relationship.

In my opinion he is emotionally tied to this woman. My cousin says that he never even spoke at length with her as much as he and the woman did.

so what happened afterwards?
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

She was able to confirm this by his cell phone bill, because she saw that he would talk to the woman for like 2 to 3 hours at a time, everyday, and sometimes multiple times a day. She forbade him to continue speaking to the woman, but he just could not seem to cut her off[color=#990000][/color]. He lied and said he had no more communication with the woman, but he still did according to the cell phone records. When she confronted him again, he told her that she should be glad that he wasn't sleeping with the woman, and that it was a harmless relationship.

how cld she forbade someone from talking to someone, better to make him see reason and not make it sound like he is a lil boy forbidden from eating candy.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
Gamine:

You see.

if people don't communicate how is a marriage supposed to work undecided

they surely will communicate, just that the man will prefer to communicate some other things with other people
Re: Emotional Cheating? by micklplus(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2008
emotional cheating like how ? this one is hot ooo !!! i wont be getting close to anybody in the name of ordinary closeness o ! Lailai, i wont want to cheat on my wife once i finally marry her not to talk of embarking on a dangerous and addictive emotional cheating that could ruin my marriage !

Cheers
Re: Emotional Cheating? by nalijah07(f): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ Rhinno,

That was his argument as well. He said that she was treating him as a child and that is why he continued speaking to the woman.

@ sayhi2ay

At this point they just keep arguing about it, with her threatening to leave. She told him he should choose between his "friendship" and her. He says she is overreacting.

The funny thing is that he never speaks on the phone with this woman when she is around. It is always when he is out of the house (they live together and have children).
Re: Emotional Cheating? by izeek(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2008
cheating my dear is perfected from the heart.
the guy dey cheat both physically, and emotionally.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by MissyB1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

@ MissyB

If what the man claim dey talk about is true,den i see nu'n wrong wit it
tho jealousy mst creep in bhut what can i do,afterall its true that der re tyns
a man would rather tell his friend(male or female)dan yhu.(fact).

Yhur cousin shudn't ve taken that action (tho i dnt blame her too much)
Bhut i realli won't feel happy knowin that after askin him to discont. d comminication ,
he stil does nt stop.Dat wil make me suspect der's smtyn going on.

To ans yhur ques
If it were me,i myte tel him i'm not comfortable wit this rela wit d girl
nd if need be,he wil be asked to limit d way he calls her.HE HAS GOT NO RYTE TO BE EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO ANYONE APART FRM ME.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2008
Well, that wil make other babes know that the man needs a woman and not another mother, would be nice if she is a guiding angel though
Re: Emotional Cheating? by jkpretty(f): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Topic tough one.

I have friends . . .friendsss (male) that we talk on phone together for long hours, we discuss emotional stuffs together. But we don't do that every day.

Now I'm telling u this, for a man to roll out money to call a woman daily for hours, there is more to it. Maybe the two of them are not just yet opportuned to meet or there an hindering factor stopping them, because for a truth, with that kind of closeness, there's already a connection.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
jkpretty:

@Topic tough one.

I have friends . . .friendsss (male) that we talk on phone together for long hours, we discuss emotional stuffs together. But we don't do that every day.

Now I'm telling u this, for a man to roll out money to call a woman daily for hours, there is more to it. Maybe the two of them are not just yet opportuned to meet or there an hindering factor stopping them, because for a truth, with that kind of closeness, there's already a connection.

there has to be somthing missing for them to be that close, so it is up to the lady to find out what was missing and plug it
Re: Emotional Cheating? by nalijah07(f): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2008
He has cheated on her in the past. That is why she is so insecure.

Another thing, the woman he spends time on the phone with is married with children. According to him, she is having problems with her husband.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by MissyB1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
For pete's sakes
If yhur cousin isn't comfortable wit d rela,
she shud ask him to choose btw d woman nd herself.
There re too many chances dat d man wil end up(if he hasnt yet)
feeling smtyn for dis woman.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ topic

Emotional bond? --- will definitely lead to a sexual bond!
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

He has cheated on her in the past. That is why she is so insecure.

Another thing, the woman he spends time on the phone with is married with children. According to him, she is having problems with her husband.

She needs to let the past stays where it belongs, you cant cos of what someone has done in da past now treat them like a lil kid.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by nalijah07(f): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2008
I hate to fight fire with fire, but maybe I will suggest that she pick up a male friend to see if he likes the way it feels.
Re: Emotional Cheating? by HCH3COO: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

I hate to fight fire with fire, but maybe I will suggest that she pick up a male friend to see if he likes the way it feels.
That's a bad suggestion. Why would you encourage cheating?
Re: Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2008
HCH3COO:

That's a bad suggestion. Why would you encourage cheating?

She is not. She is just encouraging her to have a friend---is his sex really that important?
Re: Emotional Cheating? by MissyB1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

It doesn't seem to me like a very gud ideal.
Der re better ways of dealin wit him if he decides to cont. wit dis lady
Re: Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ topic

On a more serious note, why does the man need someone else to confide in? I am seriously starting to think the wife must be the typical impossible woman who you can't even have a rational discussion with or who may use it back at you at the slightest opportunity!
Re: Emotional Cheating? by ssRhino: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2008
nalijah07:

and what if he is the type that wont even give u the pleasure to know that he was jealous, and start playing the games with you till y'all broke up finally?
Re: Emotional Cheating? by MissyB1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2008
Mich
@ TYMS,women don't even need to be all dese yhu mentioned
b4 d man finds his way outside flirtin in d name of confidin in sm1 else/friendship.
Sm men jst can't be pleased.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orikinla / Learn Dont Trust A Lady Unless: / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.