Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (42298 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by sweetpie23: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2009
your mother, or your wife? that is a hard question lipsrsealed
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by davidif: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2009
your mother, or your wife? that is a hard question

Actually, it is very easy, God said in the book of Genesis "that for this purpose shall a man leave his mother and his father and cling to his wife and they shall become one flesh."
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Tanzos: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
my baby,
my baby,
my baby,
cant believe you even asked!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by jaanwarx: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2010
Mother comes first for this is the first commandment(honor thy father and thy mother, for this is the first commandment in the bible) (Quran said, Honor thy mother, and mother and mother before father), mothers LOVE CANT be questions and those of you who questions it are just ignorant, she laid her life for you, pains, 9-months or more, Jesus never disobeyed His father in Heaven, He does what His father willeth.

MOTHER HAS THE YOUR HEART MOST BEFORE EVERYBODY OR ANYONE, !
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by tallgal(f): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2010
Your mother has a husband and her own. You have a wife and your home. Your mother coming first is disobeying God's law because you are not married to her, that is her husband's job. You are not her husband.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by idmoore(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2010
Guy u did not xplain fully on d ground u 'r basing d two of them but in which ever way, guy let b real i tink ur wife comes first xcept if d so calld wife does not worth being a wife 2 u and a mother 2 ur children becos ur mother is a wife 2 someone (ur father) and she has perform her obligations includin giving birth 2 u, so shd also giv u al d privacy 2 enjoy ur wife. Moreover b4 u spend #10 4 ur mum u wil av spend #23-25 4 ur wife, so now ask ursef who come first? Another thing is dat u cant av d same love 4 d both becos u wil surely av a romantic love 4 ur wife and a mother 2 child love 4 ur mother!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by jaanwarx: 1:10am On Jan 04, 2010
"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you" Exodus 20:12, This alone tells us that MOTHER is not Just a word of comparism, I dont think wheather monogamy or polygamy is the subject,

Without mothers decipline you wouldnt have been a good husband and mothers helps us choose a good wife and comfirms it, but any son who dont know or see this type of dicipline out of love from mothers , Proverbs 29:15-17 also says, "The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother. When the wicked thrive, so does sin, but the righteous will see their downfall. Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul."

Nurturing our children will provide support, acceptance and unconditional love. We are to be kind, compassionate and forgiving, just as Christ is to us. (Ephesians 4:32) Ephesians 4:29 also says, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Even when your father leaves her and go to other women whiles she is carrying you in her womb, she dont change her mind to abort you but love you and make you her hope , to love you and breast feed you and where was your wife? and yet she has to let you go and sepnd the rest of your life with another woman called wife: when your wife cheat on you who do u tend to? can your mother leave you? but wife can leave you at anytime and tell you she has find a love or tired of the marriage but your mother cant, and the ladies who dont understand mothers comes first your time on the way to be a mother and then you see how it feels to be compared to your son wive!

I love my wife but I love my MOTHER MORE,
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by jaanwarx: 1:14am On Jan 04, 2010
Be in mind you are a mother to be and test when son compares you to his wife,
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by tallgal(f): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2010
Yes and I don't plan to interfere in my son's marriage and make a young lady that is so keen to please me unhappy. I have an education and have made my retirement plans. My son's wife comes first. If my husband dies, he can help out, but not at the expense of his family. I don't want any yeye insult form any young girl.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by jaanwarx: 11:36am On Jan 04, 2010
Money not what we were talking about accept you dont understand what mothers love means,
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by tallgal(f): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2010
I know that a mother who really loves her child will not spoil his home.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by agathamari(f): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2010
depends on the situation
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by toni23: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
my wife can take her mum cool cool cool cool cool cool my one and only mum comes first cos she is the 1st woman in ma life.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by atunkeade: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2011
Both are important but wife com first in man life. as she leave her father house to man house. she has become man's property which

must not damage,
must b protecting al the time.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Sron: 12:40am On May 27, 2011
wife.
my mother wouldn't have me giving up on the life and person I chose, besides she has her own spouse and life she chose!
btw, who you choose to marry is pretty powerful. you can't choose your parents, but you can choose your spouse,
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by DBestDoc(f): 2:06pm On May 27, 2011
If i'll ever choose any it is my FATHER
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by DBestDoc(f): 2:10pm On May 27, 2011
of ourse my dad gave a lot of things 4 me.Cannot c ma self abandoning him when he nids me most.U may be ma Husband but definitely,ma Parents-Mum & Dad come first
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 27, 2011
goodness. anyone who answers mother/father instead of wife/husband either isn't ready for marriage yet, or has not found the right partner.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by harakiri(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2011
I always come first. Nuff said!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Kambinachi(f): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2011
@OP,

It shouldn't be a question of either/or. there are no absolutes in this.

Both of them should have a special place in your heart, but each of them needs to know their place - know where their boundary ends and respect where the other's boundary starts. if the wife and mother have this under lock, then the love you have for your mother would come first as a mother and the love you have for your wife would come first as a wife.

, hope that makes sense
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 16, 2011
My wife will always come first.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Alizibirth: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2012
I choose my husband cos we are one now
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by 9janinja1(f): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2012
poor mothers ... they spend all their lives raising their children ... atleast the better part of their lives and then these same children will later choose someone they just met over them. pity
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Excelboi(m): 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
What a qstn...definately my Mum...
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 27, 2012
With the present crop of females? I'd stick with those I know I can trust, who have no selfish motive behind their every action, at least i know my mother has unconditional love for me, can't place my own unconditional love in the hands of someone whose love for me is dependent on how much I make her feel good which is not everytime(afterall I'm only human).
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Mowire: 12:47am On Mar 29, 2012
Don't want to say what I think about this thread. However I'll still comment:
YOUR MOTHER IS YOUR MOTHER & YOUR WIFE IS YOUR WIFE: 2 DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES IN YOUR LIFE WITH DIFFERENT ROLES REQUIRING DIFFERENT RESPONSIBILIES OF YOU. THEY ARE NEVER 2 SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE WEIGHED SIDE BY SIDE!!!

GOD!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
really have to ask??
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
do you really have to ask?

once a man and woman leave the nest, they need to learn to be independent and work out their problems/live like adults.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin: really have to ask??

lol!

grin grin grin grin

damn. i forgot i posted that already. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident / Nigerian Identical Twins Pregnant With Identical Twins Pose For Maternity Photos / How Many Did You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.