Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Secret Thing Some Wives Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Secret Thing Some Wives Do? (5195 Views)

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? / Great Things Wives Do / Wives: Do You Feel Comfortable Initiating Sex In Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Okpuzu01(m): 10:48am On Dec 16, 2013
A friend of mine is a businessman, he is married with 3kids. Both he and the wife were running the business together. His wife later got a teaching job and left her husband to manage the business. Recently, an information got to d man from a reliable source that her wife is building a one storey building in her father's compound. The man travelled to her wife's place and discovered that it waz true. He greeted her father in-law and commended him on his efforts by building such a house even wen things are difficult this days. His father in-law replied by telling him its by God's grace. The man returned and waz mad at his wife. He felt betrayed by his wife. Firstly, he went to her working place and told them that his wife would no longer work for them. He made her to sit at home and take care of the kids. Since then, the building has remained uncompleted. What would you do if you find yourself in the man's shoe?

1 Like

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by phemswag: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2013
Two words..."DRUNK FAMILY"

2 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by dejt4u(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2013
phemswag: Two words..."DRUNK FAMILY"
seconded

1 Like

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Dyt(f): 11:24am On Dec 16, 2013
Hehehehhehe
Claps hands
Orisirisi
Like seriously?
Asked her sit home cos she's gettin money and doin things he can't do?
Omo mehn
We women get patience o

9 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Phranciz(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2013
Op seriously , I guess that's ur father cos ur english tells it all, what an illiterate husband with a coward for a wife.

1 Like

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by greatestluv4all: 11:45am On Dec 16, 2013
If this is true...

First, the wife is wrong for not telling the husband, even if he does not support it.... sha can still go ahead and it will be on record that she informed the husband.

Secondly, the husband goofed for making the wife sit at home just becuase she is building.
The man should have sat her down and caution her not to do such again, that his in support of her action and mean well for her.
But her not informing her will make her family view the husband as bad man, and the entire world will think he does not want the wife to progress.

Lastly, the man should see what the wife did as a wake up call to do his own and not stop his wife.

1 Like

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by JbravoAdodger(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
Some wives do does that, but they r jus havin backup jus in case cuz u know how men r fickle n crazy sometimes

1 Like

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by vislabraye(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
Some men are immature. So U want 2 stop ur wife's job because she's building a house ? That's not how to go about it. But the lady is a traitor.

4 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Dyt(f): 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
JbravoAdodger: Some wives do does that, but they r jus havin backup jus in case cuz u know how men r fickle n crazy sometimes

JESU OMO OLORUN OOOOOO

5 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Gabreal1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by dechandel(f): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Gab-real:
Oga,i see u o

Wife:wrong..
Hubby:wrong too..
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
JbravoAdodger: Some wives do does that, but they r jus havin backup jus in case cuz u know how men r fickle n crazy sometimes

Isi gini??

3 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by freecharles(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
undecided....d wife does not trust her husband
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Mboi: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Only a foolish woman destryos her home with her hands. Marriage is for better for worse. You have to make you fammily comfortable first before others. I believe if they are comfortable,the man wouldn't have made that move to stop the woman. Whatever a man makes or has is for the family but whatever a woman makes or has is for her alone abi? How will the woman feel if the man is building a house for his parents and siblings somewhere meanwhile he still lives in a rented apartment with the wife and children. The man's inlaws are wicked and can kill that man and take over all his property. That man has to be very careful with that wife because the inlaws will be looking for ways to eliminate him as he's now becoming their enemy of progress. All of you that supports the woman cannot tell me you don't know how to do things the right way.

9 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by mspee(f): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2013

Chi'm!!! shocked shocked
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by mencade6: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
oh my God! Oh Lord of host. I cant see ooooo. Where are my eyes. This grammar is d bomb
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by mysticgal(f): 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
it looks like you and your friends got lot of ishs with your wives,and you've all got much problem with money,i pity for you undecided angry

one word for you,okpuzo or watever

NO MORE FRONTPAGE FOR YOU,AND STOP WASHING YOUR DIRTY CLOTHES AND THAT OF YOUR FRIENDS ON NET undecided sad
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by dBard: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
For all those cussing out d man, question...
Was she building a one storey house on her teachers Salary or was it from d proceeds/profit from d family joint bizness abi was dre another source of income unknown t d man ??
Is she also d breadwinner of her family(Iimmediate n paternal)??
Wat sort of woman puts her paternal family first bf hers ??

Sometimes, looking@advices ppl put up here, frankly, I feel sorry f d future of our generation
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
lynpetra:

Isi gini??
grin
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Dlionsheart: 12:22am On Dec 17, 2013
In my opinion, the wife is wrong for not telling or involving the husband no matter what. No matter the financial crisis that a man experienced, a man will always want to be a man - the head of his home. Its an instinct in all men, and respect/regard is the breakfast that every man enjoyed and expects in any relationship.

Instinctively, when a man's ego seem threatened or is under attack (especially in a relationship as this), certain checkmating and defensive mechanism or behaviors is not unexpected. However, asking for her sack or stopping the project was an expensive action that's not recommended.

I have a closest friend that lost his job, at almost the same time, his wife got a new job, his financial state was nothing to ride home about but his wife made it look like he was still working. Whenever she had anything to give to her parents, siblings, friends and relations, she II give it to her husband to present it as if he's the one doing it. Same with requests, she II say "have you discussed with my husband, am sure he II give a positive thought to it or let me discuss with my husband, I II get back to you" she projects her husband and her husband earned respect from her relatives while she's still the breadwinner. Very rear but that's what this lady should have done.

Successful marriage is built on the Fear of God, mutual respect, tolerance, compromise, trust, communication, understanding and above all, LOVE.

3 Likes

Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 17, 2013
^^^look son! A very sweet post.
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Dlionsheart: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2013
Jenams: ^^^look son! A very sweet post.

FATHER ABRAHAM, abi na Methuselah u be? Thank you oo.
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2013
Dyt: Hehehehhehe
Claps hands
Orisirisi
Like seriously?
Asked her sit home cos she's gettin money and doin things he can't do?
Omo mehn
We women get patience o

That is not the issue.... She should have disclosed to the husband her real salary I think and they would have combined resources together to make a better bargain...

Some ladies are the one that will kukuma use their own shikele hands to spoil their own home.

In the husband's shoes, I go tell the papa + wife make dem sell the house mhen.... and we will use the money to build elsewhere if that is the case... else, All izz well

#K'Okunrin t'atorin k'obirin t'atorin ki a wa wo eni ti oma ni omi leyin ese jurawon.
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 18, 2013
God please don't give us f00lish men for husbands in Jesus mighty name
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by baralatie(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2013
Dyt:

JESU OMO OLORUN OOOOOO

ok
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by baralatie(m): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2013
gbosa!

obong owo!
Etie didie?
mbok_smal,smal

Scud missile!e missle!
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by dBard: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2013
Baby mama: God please don't give us f00lish men for husbands in Jesus mighty name

So..d man is foolish
Wonder if u would sound d same if it was ur brothers wife that did d same.
The man went a bit far, but d wife was Totally wrong. angry

May God deliver us from greedy, self serving wives wit misplaced priorities..
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by EfemenaXY: 11:56am On Dec 19, 2013
Okpuzu01: A friend of mine is a businessman, he is married with 3kids. Both he and the wife were running the business together. His wife later got a teaching job and left her husband to manage the business. Recently, an information got to d man from a reliable source that her wife is building a one storey building in her father's compound. The man travelled to her wife's place and discovered that it waz true. He greeted her father in-law and commended him on his efforts by building such a house even wen things are difficult this days. His father in-law replied by telling him its by God's grace. The man returned and waz mad at his wife. He felt betrayed by his wife. Firstly, he went to her working place and told them that his wife would no longer work for them. He made her to sit at home and take care of the kids. Since then, the building has remained uncompleted. What would you do if you find yourself in the man's shoe?

Mtcheeew!
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
Okpuzu01: A friend of mine is a businessman, he is married with 3kids. Both he and the wife were running the business together. His wife later got a teaching job and left her husband to manage the business. Recently, an information got to d man from a reliable source that her wife is building a one storey building in her father's compound. The man travelled to her wife's place and discovered that it waz true. He greeted her father in-law and commended him on his efforts by building such a house even wen things are difficult this days. His father in-law replied by telling him its by God's grace. The man returned and waz mad at his wife. He felt betrayed by his wife. Firstly, he went to her working place and told them that his wife would no longer work for them. He made her to sit at home and take care of the kids. Since then, the building has remained uncompleted. What would you do if you find yourself in the man's shoe?
i can bet that this family is an igbo one. My people sha.
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by bennieman: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2013
Does this OP have issues with the words 'his' and 'her'? Grammatical bombs are dotted around this thread.
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by Amhappy(f): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
A teacher building an upstair with 18,000 minumum wage,i doubt this story. But if it is true,the woman is sooo wrong. The man's move is also wrong since it is not corrective. This family may suffer from this decision of his later in life. So OP advise your friend to make his wife apologise,confront his inlaw on this but let her go back to work. If he is my brother that will be my advice for him. Who knows tomorrow. No be Mile 1 market just burn the other day. Imagine him a victim of such.
Re: Secret Thing Some Wives Do? by ojiefi: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babymama1: God please don't give us f00lish men for husbands in Jesus mighty name

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be Love ? / My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot / Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.