Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? (6342 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Wives and Intending Wives, Do you Love Guys Who Can Cook Very Well? / Am I Really A Bad Son? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by lebrotin: 8:01am On Apr 08, 2016
Are wives generally rude and saucy to husbands when arguments ensue? Whenever there is disagremment btw both of us, she barks at me like am her boy. we were travelling in our car one day and i suggested to pick up my brother so we could see a house agent since he would be getting married soon, my wife started questioning why i would want to carry my brother along, it was really serious that she started shouting at me in the car, this drew the passerby and commuters attention to us as we were driving, at some point, she threatened to drop off and get to the back of the car with our baby even while i was on motion, during this she was still insulting me ( do i turn against my brother or i tell him i could not make it to carry him was just running thru my mind and begging for answers at that point). Lately i was in the office and started getting pings from her accusing me of seeing a particular girl since last year which i have no idea of. i confronted her when i got home and the usual shouting and rude pronouncements began, to the extent that i have to tell her to bring down her voice cos neighbors could be hearing us. She could not mention who i was cheating with, she does not want to apologies for wrong accusation instead she brot up year long issues. i always want to be calm but she would definitely say things that would make you feel less of a man. Is is a general thing that wives call their husbands names during arguments or am just unlucky.
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by McCarlito(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3521335_babacalmdown_jpeg076babf1a4d8c993bdc283b59738857c
U are not being unlucky here... Try pillow-talking her to understand ur accumulated mistakes that's making her get violent with u at the slightest provocations

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Janet101(f): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2016
No o,she is just been naughty.just ignore her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Aliyeous(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2016
my guy check ur sex life...seems shes not getting enough dats y she tinks u ar not man enough

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2016
you are just unlucky...sorry

4 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Zeedarh(f): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2016
All wifes dont do this. You have a rude wife whose hobby is nagging undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by egopersonified(f): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2016
She is still angry at you over those 'year long issues'.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by bqlekan(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2016
kpele bobo, talk to her, pray for her and be patient... ndo.
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by PresVA: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2016
Firstly, all wives don't do that....

Concerning the first issue, why didn't you tell her earlier that you were to pick your brother?

Generally, I think she's not really happy with something/you(she seems frustrated), you should have a heart to heart talk with her.... all d best smiley

12 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by xclntmoda(f): 8:19am On Apr 08, 2016
No matter how hot a woman may be,she shldnt nag or direspect her man,some women know wetin dey push man comot. She hasn't learnt how to cntrl her anger. Discuss it wt her n if she dznt change i tnk u shld ignore her wn its tru pingn or just leave her alone to her own wn its face to face,go look 4 wr to relax.

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2016
opposites really attract.
calm men end up with trouble some women wicked men end up with calm women.

talk to her, ask her what you did wrong and apologize to her.
if she doesn't stop, retaliate. you should know what to do that would make her calm as a kitty cat.

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by sheunfemix: 8:43am On Apr 08, 2016
Its definitely ur woman. There is no need of calling names during arguments. And I am sure she isn't just showing u this side. she must have done it before while u were dating. She needs counselling. Plus one think I have come to realise is that marriage kind of changes u
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Evina(f): 8:47am On Apr 08, 2016
No! Not all wives do this and you did not marry a bad woman, just a temperamental, rude woman who also has some insecurity/trust issues. (She obviously hasn't gotten over that betryal of trust you inflicted on her)

Great sex will not change anything!

She needs to consciously work on her character!
If you are a Christian, look for scriptures on anger, check the book of proverbs, print them out in colorful pieces of paper and stick them to your bedroom wall or areas she can easily access.

When she is in her sober moment, make her understand the kind of home you envisage building with her and how her attitude kills that vision. Make her understand how her actions affects you as a man and what it may eventually lead to.

If she genuinely cares, she'll make an effort to change.
It will take time, but you'll see the changes.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Basics007: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2016
I think you have a rude-if not bad-one. Maybe you need to be more of a man in your home

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Missonas(f): 10:33am On Apr 08, 2016
Your wife is disrespectful. Talk to her about all these and if she won't change ignore her. She will grow tired eventually. Whatever you do knw how to balance between both families. Be the man!

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by kekemillion: 10:39am On Apr 08, 2016
Constantly satisfy her sexually and turn her into your slave.
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Nezzel(f): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2016
egopersonified:
She is still angry at you over those 'year long issues'.

Op this is the answer to your question.. You must have done something to her in the past and she is finding it difficult to forget..

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by dangotesmummy: 10:40am On Apr 08, 2016
Teach her manners and mode of communication,decorum and etiquette if she doesn't change do anything you like
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by MARKone(m): 11:01am On Apr 08, 2016
OP it is not just your wife that is like that, believe me. I've come to the realisation that a majority of women are like your wife, and I have equally come to the realisation that the man should be either very rich, or the woman is largely dependent on the man financially, this automatically makes the woman loyal and very less abusive.

Another group is the no nonsense Men, those who rarely talk, but use their fist to get loyalty. Ps do not get me wrong I do not advocate for DV(domestic violence). I have seen men like you, who their wives turned to wild creatures, due to their constant nagging. You think you can endure for a long time, even the most gentle soul of the male specie, has a breaking point. Come to think of it are you not being verbally abused, violated and traumatised.

The last group are those that wait, pray hoping that the women will change, not many are that patient, but Prayer still works bro.

So choose your hustle wisely, Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by marbee(f): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:
No! Not all wives do this and you did not marry a bad woman, just a temperamental, rude woman who also has some insecurity/trust issues. (She obviously hasn't gotten over that betryal of trust you inflicted on her)

Great sex will not change anything!

She needs to consciously work on her character!
If you are a Christian, look for scriptures on anger, check the book of proverbs, print them out in colorful pieces of paper and stick them to your bedroom wall or areas she can easily access.

When she is in her sober moment, make her understand the kind of home you envisage building with her and how her attitude kills that vision. Make her understand how her actions affects you as a man and what it may eventually lead to.

If she genuinely cares, she'll make an effort to change.
It will take time, but you'll see the changes.

Funny but true post.
I think the woman is angry over something her husband has done in the past, that is why she always sounds angry and rebellion.

3 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 08, 2016
Take ur time to get her to spill out all her resentment against you. Let her tell u the ways u hv hurt her currently and in the past. After that, apologise sincerely and tell her u will change positively. If u know u were not wrong, still let her know u hv heard the outpouring of her heart and gv genuine reasons why/how u did why u did. After all these, bring her close, talk sweet things to her, call her affectionate sweet names and cuddle her. That night or the next day, u can complete it with sweet make up sex (after settling her emotionally with sweet words and assurances o).
We women are not all rude and loud mouthed. Most times, its built up resentment that causes a good woman to start acting irrational. Though I admit that some are plain rude without any cause. If this is the case, then you are on ur own. You can then use the stick approach or hard approach. If she shouts, u shout louder. If she insults, u insult more. Do the opposite of what she expects n she just may back down.

4 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by Evina(f): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
marbee:

Funny but true post.
I think the woman is angry over something her husband has done in the past, that is why she always sounds angry and rebellion.

Maybe, or she may just be a rude person!

There are lots of women who are angry at their husband even hold a grudge and plot revenge but don't become rude and abusive during an argument cos it's not in their nature.

Funny enough! This kind of woman will be very submissive and docile to her boss. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by byvan03: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
Your wife is rude, most wives actually pass their displeasure with silence and blazing eyes grin. It's always better to dialogue in low tones like responsible adults.
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by plaetton: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Marriage is lottery.

You either win a good one, a manageable one or a bad one.

People don't change.

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by naijathings(m): 3:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
lebrotin:
Are wives generally rude and saucy to husbands when arguments ensue? Whenever there is disagremment btw both of us, she barks at me like am her boy. we were travelling in our car one day and i suggested to pick up my brother so we could see a house agent since he would be getting married soon, my wife started questioning why i would want to carry my brother along, it was really serious that she started shouting at me in the car, this drew the passerby and commuters attention to us as we were driving, at some point, she threatened to drop off and get to the back of the car with our baby even while i was on motion, during this she was still insulting me ( do i turn against my brother or i tell him i could not make it to carry him was just running thru my mind and begging for answers at that point). Lately i was in the office and started getting pings from her accusing me of seeing a particular girl since last year which i have no idea of. i confronted her when i got home and the usual shouting and rude pronouncements began, to the extent that i have to tell her to bring down her voice cos neighbors could be hearing us. She could not mention who i was cheating with, she does not want to apologies for wrong accusation instead she brot up year long issues. i always want to be calm but she would definitely say things that would make you feel less of a man. Is is a general thing that wives call their husbands names during arguments or am just unlucky.

I don read finish...
Oya FORGIVENESS CREW and MATURITY CREW and CHASE HER OUT CREW.... Over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by RiloKiley: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by RiloKiley: 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
@Lebrotin

Op u haven't reached the end of your rope yet.
The day you do, it will be epic smiley
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by lebrotin: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
RiloKiley:
@Lebrotin

Op u haven't reached the end of your rope yet.
The day you do, it will be epic smiley
You mean
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by lebrotin: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
PresVA:
Firstly, all wives don't do that....

Concerning the first issue, why didn't you tell her earlier that you were to pick your brother?

Generally, I think she's not really happy with something/you(she seems frustrated), you should have a heart to heart talk with her.... all d best smiley

Thank you..But even if i forgot to tell her i was picking my bro, should that translate to saying all sorts. Really appreciate
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by lebrotin: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
xclntmoda:
No matter how hot a woman may be,she shldnt nag or direspect her man,some women know wetin dey push man comot. She hasn't learnt how to cntrl her anger. Discuss it wt her n if she dznt change i tnk u shld ignore her wn its tru pingn or just leave her alone to her own wn its face to face,go look 4 wr to relax.
i respect your comment
Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by lebrotin: 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
sheunfemix:
Its definitely ur woman. There is no need of calling names during arguments. And I am sure she isn't just showing u this side. she must have done it before while u were dating. She needs counselling. Plus one think I have come to realise is that marriage kind of changes u
You nailed it....done it while dating but i was foolishly blinded

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? by PresVA: 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
lebrotin:

Thank you..But even if i forgot to tell her i was picking my bro, should that translate to saying all sorts. Really appreciate
It shouldn't honestly. .. wish you the best...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GBOKO, The Most Promiscuous. / Woman Throws Away Old Photos Of Her Husband And His Late Wife Out Of Jealousy / When Your Child Is Quiet For 5 Minutes (hillarious Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.