Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy (5317 Views)

Pros And Cons Of V6 Hybrid Engine On Honda Accord 2007 / How To Know A V4, V6, Or V8. Car By mere Looking At It / Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by hozzea(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
pls guys i need urgent advice if v6 engine is preferable to v4...the merits and demerits..maintenance etc...thanks alot
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
hozzea: pls guys i need urgent advice if v6 engine is preferable to v4...the merits and demerits..maintenance etc...thanks alot

There's no V4 engine option in the Honda range.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by omicron(m): 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
Siena:

He meant to say I4, or 4 Cylinders, in-line, and I think you know so.

@OP, the V6 of the Honda Babyboy will give all you desire in a V6, particularly more power and performance.

However, you should know that when compared to the I4s of the Baby Boy Series (Honda Accord 1998 - 2002), the V6s are more notorious for automatic transmission failures.

The V6 will also have less fuel economy, all other variables being equal.

6 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
omicron: He meant to say I4, or 4 Cylinders, in-line, and you know it.

I sense aggression here.

How can you state I know what the OP meant? Assumption is the mother of all f-ups. When it comes to automobile mechanicals / electronics, it's best NOT to assume, rather it's best to seek clarification.

Which is what I did.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by omicron(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
Siena:

I sense aggression here.

How can you state I know what the OP meant? Assumption is the mother of all f-ups. When it comes to automobile mechanicals / electronics, it's best NOT to assume, rather it's best to seek clarification.

Which is what I did.
No aggression bro, you have only assumed so.

I got your point, though.

I just ''sensed'' you knew what info the OP sought, even as he had used the wrong but 'popular' nomenclature.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Abeg don't mind siena. As if he don't know what d op is talking about. If u were a lecturer wont you correct him and answer d question?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
suwas2003: Abeg don't mind siena. As if he don't know what d op is talking about. If u were a lecturer wont you correct him and answer d question? Na I too know dey worry am.

Since you don't know, V4 engines DO exist So if a query is posted regarding a V4 engine, I will ask for clarification. Especially if the query is from Nigeria, where different engines find their way into the most unlikely of vehicles.

Omicron knew exactly where I was coming from. Since you don't know, I'd advice you to keep that hole in your mask firmly shut, and perhaps you might learn something!

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mr Omicron, Suwas2003, Siena let the name calling stop please. You people should calm down and let peace reign.

Thanks for your co-operation.
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
lomomike: Mr Omicron, Suwas2003, Siena let the name calling stop please. You people should calm down and let peace reign.

Thanks for your co-operation.

When I'm insulted by someone probably young enough to be my son, I'll respond in the same way. I have no regrets - I get insulted by anyone, I don't turn the other cheek, it's not my way. I take such people apart, piece by piece, now THAT's my way.

And if I get banned, then so be it.

And by the way, Omicron isn't guilty of name calling, he responded like a gentleman

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mr Siena, pls calm down... Just ignore those fiery comments like you've always done before pls.
Mr Suwas2003, pls stop adding fuel to flaming fire learn to avoid creating problems.

I plead for peace here
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
lomomike: Mr Siena, pls calm down... Just ignore those fiery comments like you've always done before pls.
Mr Suwas2003, pls stop adding fuel to flaming fire learn to avoid creating problems.

I plead for peace here

Lomomike, for your sake, and the sake of other subscribers seeking solutions to their automobile-related issues, I'll let things lie.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
I will have to lock this thread till all frayed nerves calm down
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2013
I've opened this thread again,I won't hesitate to ban anybody that insult another, or try to derail this thread.
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Shagati(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Siena:

Oh yes there is bro wink (You know why I couldn't resist eh?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VFR1200F
The Honda VFR1200F is the 7th generation Honda sport touring motorcycle from the VF and VFR line motorcycles powered by a transverse mounted V4 engine. The VFR1200F replaces the previous VFR800 and has several new technologies including the first dual clutch transmission offered on a motorcycle

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Shagati:

Oh yes there is bro wink (You know why I couldn't resist eh?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VFR1200F
The Honda VFR1200F is the 7th generation Honda sport touring motorcycle from the VF and VFR line motorcycles powered by a transverse mounted V4 engine. The VFR1200F replaces the previous VFR800 and has several new technologies including the first dual clutch transmission offered on a motorcycle

I think he was refering to Honda cars not Honda motorcycles

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by chucky234(m): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
Siena:

Lomomike, for your sake, and the sake of other subscribers seeking solutions to their automobile-related issues, I'll let things lie.
Easy man.
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Burger01(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Fuel consumption of the 4 plugs is better than that of v6. V6 is good for long distance journey and gets more power than the i4.

Personally, I would opt for i4.
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Shagati(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
lomomike:
I think he was refering to Honda cars not Honda motorcycles
There is insufficient evidence in Siena's post to conclude that sir wink

Relax bro, I'm just doing my own share of forum chain yanking smiley

Cheers
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Shagati:
There is insufficient evidence in Siena's post to conclude that sir wink

Relax bro, I'm just doing my own share of forum chain yanking smiley

Cheers

Lol! I'm definitely not referring to bikes, since the OP specifically mention Honda Accord. I'm aware of the V and V twins in bikes, very different to car engines. wink
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by abbeymighty(m): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
pls what is d diff btw v6 2.0 and v6 3.0 car
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
abbeymighty: pls what is d diff btw v6 2.0 and v6 3.0 car

There's a 1 litre cubic capacity difference.
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by icemann(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
Siena:

LOL. I guess he means more details like fuel economy, life span and (most important of all among Nigerians)cost of repairs.
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 20, 2013
Siena:

another difference there are two (2) extra cylinders + two (2) extra pistons in the 3.0 V6
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by abatically(m): 7:09am On Dec 20, 2013
Are u sure about that lomomike?
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Shagati(m): 10:19am On Dec 20, 2013
lomomike:
another difference there are two (2) extra cylinders + two (2) extra pistons in the 3.0 V6

Tell me you're kidding? shocked
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by abatically(m): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2013
Shagati:

Tell me you're kidding? shocked

of course I'm not kidding. The question was what's the difference between a 2.0 v6 and a 3.0 v6. They both have the same no of cylinders (6). Yes there are some 2.0L v6 engines and have been used in Honda legend, mazda mx3 and alfa GTV
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
abatically:

of course I'm not kidding. The question was what's the difference between a 2.0 v6 and a 3.0 v6. They both have the same no of cylinders (6). Yes there are some 2.0L v6 engines and have been used in Honda legend, mazda mx3 and alfa GTV

choi!!!! no mind me joor, i been forget say him write v6 2.0 i been mistake am for l4 2.0 my bad cry

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by Shagati(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
abatically:

Apologies bro.
Mix-up caused by a case of wrongful quoting.

I have modified my post above wink
Re: I Need Advice On Benefits Of V6 Over V4 Engine Honda Babyboy by abbeymighty(m): 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
icemann:

LOL. I guess he means more details like fuel economy, life span and (most important of all among Nigerians)cost of repairs.

yes exactly those are d area i need more clarification.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of The Hummer H1 Alpha As A Daily Driver In Lagos, Nigeria? / Pre-order 2008 Toyota Prius (1.8M, Hybrid Battery CERTIFIED OKAY) / ‎FRSC Sends 80 Traffic Offenders For Mental Check Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.