Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report (22259 Views)

Group Sues ASUU Over Strike / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike / FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Balyz: 3:05am On Dec 17, 2013
me_for_you: Where is the assault in the report?
there was an assault but the title of this post is highly misleading. It makes it out as though all d ASSU members went all out on em journalists. Na sensational headline bi dat

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Empiremate(m): 3:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Balyz: there was an assault but the title of this post is highly misleading. It makes it out as though all d ASSU members went all out on em journalists. Na sensational headline bi dat
ASUU set to address d press at noon. This is the official call to end d strike. SOURCE; www.thenationonlineng.net
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Empiremate(m): 3:45am On Dec 17, 2013
CONFIRMED: ASUU set to address d press at noon. This is the official call to end d strike. SOURCE; www.thenationonlineng.net
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by darthv: 4:20am On Dec 17, 2013
when I say Nigerian student lack self confidence I will receive serial abuses. if this mad men were to try this in America u would have seen what riot means and through beating of lecturers stoning n etc shay u dey c them for cnn

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:50am On Dec 17, 2013
After I don post am on FB...chai!
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 17, 2013
MUST JOURNALIST ENTER EVERYWHERE?
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by handsome86(m): 5:34am On Dec 17, 2013
Which Way Nigeria ? Which way to go I love me father land I want to know?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Mbatagr82(m): 5:37am On Dec 17, 2013
youngprofdguru: MUST JOURNALIST ENTER EVERYWHERE?
WILL YOU HELP THEM DO THEIR JOB? And besides, this is a National issue!!

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 17, 2013
Why do you want them to allow Journalists to be
around when they have to discuss among others,
the issues of brown envelopes and who gets what. The journalist should press charges for assault or in the alternatives, all journalists should boycott all ASUU activities henceforth until their NEC tenders
unreserved apologies in a National newspaper.
This shows that acquisition of degrees does not
make one educated. This is a shame on the ASUU
members.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by akpomeme(m): 5:52am On Dec 17, 2013
Nobody is querying the source because it is punch... Smh. Any time anyone breaks any news here... E-rats whose pay masters are behind the strike will start asking you for the source....

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by brosun(m): 6:17am On Dec 17, 2013
Truth be told: the journalists deserve the insult they got. True the ASUU NEC meeting is of national interest, but it remains what it is: an ASUU NEC meeting. This is a meeting of ASUU national officers, branch chairmen and zonal coordinators; it is not for the press. Because of the sensitive nature of this meeting, what the press men would have done as civilized press men all over the world would do is wait for the deliberations to be over and then attend the press briefing where decisions reached by the NEC will be announced by the ASUU president. It is the outcome of this meeting that is of importance to the press. Certainly, the press have no role to play in the deliberations: they cannot vote, in case there is a need to vote. In Nigeria, some of our press men desperately seek to be heroes; they meddle in things that do not concern them. It is not vicariousness; it is not bravura; it is not professionalism. It is just meddlesomeness. Poke nosing in people's affair and getting a bloody nose as a consequence should not give anyone the licence to blackmail.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Taywon: 6:18am On Dec 17, 2013
Ezeibe: Which way naija

Any way......

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Taywon: 6:19am On Dec 17, 2013
badt man Hiter......
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Neddyogu(m): 6:31am On Dec 17, 2013
me_for_you: Where is the assault in the report?
don't u realise that shoving a human being amounts to assault?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Sike(m): 6:40am On Dec 17, 2013
In other news, i'm happy to tell y'all that Agbalumo is now Out! Make una enjoy unaself. cheesy
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Swiftboy(m): 6:51am On Dec 17, 2013
brosun: Truth be told: the journalists deserve the insult they got. True the ASUU NEC meeting is of national interest, but it remains what it is: an ASUU NEC meeting. This is a meeting of ASUU national officers, branch chairmen and zonal coordinators; it is not for the press. Because of the sensitive nature of this meeting, what the press men would have done as civilized press men all over the world would do is wait for the deliberations to be over and then attend the press briefing where decisions reached by the NEC will be announced by the ASUU president. It is the outcome of this meeting that is of importance to the press. Certainly, the press have no role to play in the deliberations: they cannot vote, in case there is a need to vote. In Nigeria, some of our press men desperately seek to be heroes; they meddle in things that do not concern them. It is not vicariousness; it is not bravura; it is not professionalism. It is just meddlesomeness. Poke nosing in people's affair and getting a bloody nose as a consequence should not give anyone the licence to blackmail.
You're spot on actually and I think ASUU expecially Dr.Jimoh should not have harass them like that! Words are enough!the anger display is uncalled for really!
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by smohammed1(m): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2013
"Pls be inform,of ur house rent renewal on or before 1 january 2014. From ur landlord samaru- zaria."
Says my landlord.
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by vislabraye(m): 7:19am On Dec 17, 2013
But they are behaving like touts.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by ezjen: 7:22am On Dec 17, 2013
Jimoh still dey vex lyk dis? Kai! Great FUT Mx!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by engrsyer(m): 7:24am On Dec 17, 2013
Some of this ASUU members are rascals, how would Press men doing their job in their own nation's soil u r chasing them away not even in a diplomatic way yet they called them selves academia or learned leagues. Mtcheeeeeeeew! Nonsense. They should be disbanned. Thumbs up to Prof. Akanji.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Judek2(m): 7:28am On Dec 17, 2013
Probably they didn't want the press to hear them discussing how to share the money..
That Jimoh actually used piggin to address the press, "anything wey una see, make una take am like dat".

I wonder if they are members of academic branch, or agboro touts in disguise..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by yeakaka2(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2013
ASSU AND PDP. Wahala too much,Una no dey tired ni @Yeakaka2
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Orokita(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2013
All dis endless meetings eh, hmmmn I wonder if ASUU is planning to contest The 2015 elections becos they are more or less a political party now!!! cry

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Agwoden(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2013
Shameless copy and paste touts parading themselves as lecturers. Smh.
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by ceira(f): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2013
Dey av called off d strike already
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Riclord001(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2013
ASUU still has our interest at heart.
It is those that believed yesterday‘s report i blame. Did u c an official quote from any of the NEC members(i didn‘t if u did help me out).
Of cos, u get angry wen a bunch of over zealous, first-to-report kind of journalist plunge into ur affairs, don‘t u?
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by mrphysics(m): 8:36am On Dec 17, 2013
media can lie, i think i saw a topic here saying, ASUU has called the strike off, liars
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by mrphysics(m): 8:43am On Dec 17, 2013
ASUU did well, u want those stupid media to get anoda wrng information and publish so they can get money right?? the way they published that the strike has been called off, dose media men or press men are gossipers, if u allow them in ur midst, all ur secrets will b exposed. imagine hw they did obasanjo's letter to goodluck. media-liars
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by philtrum(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2013
next flight to Casablanca....... I can't be giving myself unnecessary headache
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2013
that's how they assault students...i know the jimoh one stupid pussy cat
Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by Judek2(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2013
mrphysics: ASUU did well, u want those stupid media to get anoda wrng information and publish so they can get money right?? the way they published that the strike has been called off, dose media men or press men are gossipers, if u allow them in ur midst, all ur secrets will b exposed. imagine hw they did obasanjo's letter to goodluck. media-liars

You must be a member of ASUU grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report by kalimera101: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2013
Can u believe that they spent most of the NEC meeting discussing how to immortalize Prof. Iyayi.
The Strike was the last thing in the Agenda.
SMH.
I read it here.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151573-ASUU-strike-nec-meeting-progress.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yabatech Hnd(ft & Pt) & Nd(pt) Admission For 2011/2012 / AAUA Increases School Fee From 25k+ To 120k+ / Why Nigeria tertiary institutions are not attracting international students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.