Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (489851 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Chigojude: 1:28am On Jul 10, 2016
Also, please another question....I know that when a school gives you admission, they usually need you to declare bank statement of your sponsor(s) showing capability of funding, this is done before they process your visa to start schooling. My question is this..... is it before the bank declaration stage that you apply for the MasterCard scholarship or after?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 2:36am On Jul 10, 2016
Chigojude:
Also, please another question....I know that when a school gives you admission, they usually need you to declare bank statement of your sponsor(s) showing capability of funding, this is done before they process your visa to start schooling. My question is this..... is it before the bank declaration stage that you apply for the MasterCard scholarship or after?
for schools in Canada and US you apply for the scholarship immediately after applying for admission and before you get admission decision, so you don't need any bank statements (apart from the ones you might need for your scholarship application to prove that you are economically disadvantaged). You just need to get admitted, recieve the scholarship few weeks later and then you will be directed on how to go about your visa application

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kachiz(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2016
blisylvester:
my facebook ID is Okoro Sylvester Uchenna search me up and add. Hope we can talk there

sent you a fb request.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
kachiz:

sent you a fb request.
and I've accepted
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
eMidas:

Please, can I contact you off Nairaland? As in, your BBM contact or so. I'd like the us to run the hurdle together. I am in for the MasterCard scholarship. I wait for your response and time.

Thanks
2B36FF92 sorry its coming late
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
blisylvester:
Sure! I can share them here SlimHan, but I'm not so sure they're are still gonn' be used this year... The essay questions for the schools are quite similar, some of them are:
1. Please provide a personal statement detailing your personal and academic goals
2. Describe the goal, your involvement and outcome of one or more community leadership initiative in which you played a role in
3. Describe a time when you overcame one or more significant obstacle/challenges so that you were able to improve the lives of others in your community. How did you react to the challenges and what did you learn from the experience
4. Describe a figure op movement which has provided inspiration within your life
5. Outline what you believe are the particular challenges faced by your country op community. Please explain briefly how achieving a bachelor degree and participating in MCFSP will empower you to address challenges in your community
I hope they won't change it o.lol. Thanks a lot for sharing
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by eMidas: 12:13am On Jul 13, 2016
SlimHan:
2B36FF92 sorry its coming late

Aii. Copied that.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Chigojude: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
blisylvester:
Sure! I can share them here SlimHan, but I'm not so sure they're are still gonn' be used this year... The essay questions for the schools are quite similar, some of them are:
1. Please provide a personal statement detailing your personal and academic goals
2. Describe the goal, your involvement and outcome of one or more community leadership initiative in which you played a role in
3. Describe a time when you overcame one or more significant obstacle/challenges so that you were able to improve the lives of others in your community. How did you react to the challenges and what did you learn from the experience
4. Describe a figure op movement which has provided inspiration within your life
5. Outline what you believe are the particular challenges faced by your country op community. Please explain briefly how achieving a bachelor degree and participating in MCFSP will empower you to address challenges in your community

bro...at what stage do we get to answer these questions?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
SlimHan:
Chigojude:

bro...at what stage do we get to answer these questions?
SlimHan:
it depends on the school, some like U of T, you'll have to answer these questions in your essay while applying to the school (ie the admission and scholarship application are together), some like Mcgill and UBC, you'll have to apply for admission first, and download the MCFSP scholarship form where you will find these essay questions, there you can write your essays to answer these questions
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
blisylvester:
it depends on the school, some like U of T, you'll have to answer these questions in your essay while applying to the school (ie the admission and scholarship application are together), some like Mcgill and UBC, you'll have to apply for admission first, and download the MCFSP scholarship form where you will find these essay questions, there you can write your essays to answer these questions
eye opener. Guess u ve applied before or are u in canada already? Also, can u pls specify out the schools that require admission nd scholarship application together and schools that do otherwise Plzzzzzzz. The only constraint that many of us are likely to experience is sat and ielts, pls is it so compulsory? Do u think there are schools that look beyond that?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
SlimHan:
eye opener. Guess u ve applied before or are u in canada already? Also, can u pls specify out the schools that require admission nd scholarship application together and schools that do otherwise Plzzzzzzz. The only constraint that many of us are likely to experience is sat and ielts, pls is it so compulsory? Do u think there are schools that look beyond that?
as at last year, I think it was only U of T that combined both admission and scholarship application together. Then we'd to apply through an online portal but I'm not so sure it will be so this year.
SAT is mainly compulsory for schools in the US, although schools like University of California will request both SAT and TOEFL or ILETS. While for Michigan State University you need either SAT or TOEFL.
For schools in Canada, these exams aren't compulsory. You need good grades in your high school transcripts and certificate especially in english and your prerequisite courses, plus good and well written essays
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Please, I'll advise everyone here hoping to apply to go through the sites of the schools they wish to apply to, that way you can get more information, even more than the ones you might find here!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
blisylvester:
as at last year, I think it was only U of T that combined both admission and scholarship application together. Then we'd to apply through an online portal but I'm not so sure it will be so this year.
SAT is mainly compulsory for schools in the US, although schools like University of California will request both SAT and TOEFL or ILETS. While for Michigan State University you need either SAT or TOEFL.
For schools in Canada, these exams aren't compulsory. You need good grades in your high school transcripts and certificate especially in english and your prerequisite courses, plus good and well written essays
hmmmm God help o. The expenses is over 100k for the exams o including passport compulsorily.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 1:11am On Jul 19, 2016
bislyvester.......
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
University of pretoria south africa have started application
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by estybae(f): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
solomonjesus:
University of pretoria south africa have started application

have you applied ? What did u fill for number on identity passport ?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
OddJimms:
bislyvester.......
big boss!.... Sup?...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by DaVinciii(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
estybae:

https://www.nairaland.com/3206953/nigerians-pretoria-sunnyside-south-africa
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
OddJimms:
bislyvester.......
Big boss!.... Sup?...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Chigojude: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
please is anyone applying to uni of cape town? holla a brother, let's rub minds and encourage each other.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 7:48am On Jul 21, 2016
blisylvester:
big boss!.... Sup?...
im good man.... I hope youre prepared nd u've registered 4 gce!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
OddJimms:
im good man.... I hope youre prepared nd u've registered 4 gce!
Prepared: Yes (and in God's hands)... Registered for GCE: No... Will be using my WAEC... And you?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by liztop2012(f): 6:47am On Jul 23, 2016
Chigojude:
please is anyone applying to uni of cape town? holla a brother, let's rub minds and encourage each other.
yes, I am.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Chigojude: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
liztop2012:
yes, I am.
just emailed you Lizzy
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
estybae:

use your pasport number
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
blisylvester:
Prepared: Yes (and in God's hands)... Registered for GCE: No... Will be using my WAEC... And you?
prepared as well.
please man I need you to send me all of U of T essay questions. send em to my Facebook or on here
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
OddJimms:

prepared as well.
please man I need you to send me all of U of T essay questions. send em to my Facebook or on here
will send them later to your facebook, quite busy now
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Emasel(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Chigojude:

Are you going for Undergraduate or Postgraduate?

I've applied already, waiting for my admission letter.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bimbaztryzzi(m): 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Does anyone know last year essay questions for ubc
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nad95: 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
Wow, you guys are doing a great job here. I want to ask some questions. 1, I cant seem to apply this year cos I want to prepare well for SAT and the scholarship hurdles, will the scholarship applications be available next year? And I look to forward to applying to US schools mostly.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.