Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (488330 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
Sunnycent:
Hmmm...
*watching in silence*

Ileyi gidi gan grin cheesy grin
*whatever that means
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by agrovick(m): 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
chrisviral:

Replied tongue
Seen, thanks a zillion
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
agrovick:

Seen, thanks a zillion

You welcome!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emerald14: 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
hello people, congrats to all those admitted. I just checked my sis account and saw she has been asked to upload other things, is this a positive sign and when is it likely that one will get the admission notice. pls who is the person that McGill accepted for nursing? my sis applied for that course as first choice plsss
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by L2CD766: 12:16am On Jan 26, 2015
if u applied for engr at mcgill and u havnt seen acceptance as at today... Then i am sorry that you have been rejected... Mcgills engineering quota has been filled to capacity
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:45am On Jan 26, 2015
emerald14:
hello people, congrats to all those admitted. I just checked my sis account and saw she has been asked to upload other things, is this a positive sign and when is it likely that one will get the admission notice. pls who is the person that McGill accepted for nursing? my sis applied for that course as first choice plsss

Just do as you have been told and hope for the best!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:46am On Jan 26, 2015
L2CD766:
if u applied for engr at mcgill and u havnt seen acceptance as at today... Then i am sorry that you have been rejected... Mcgills engineering quota has been filled to capacity

Any news on Berkeley and Duke?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 8:41am On Jan 26, 2015
L2CD766:
SOURCE
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by L2CD766: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
chrisviral:

Any news on Berkeley and Duke?
Berkeley is looking to admit more OOS (International) students as the school is very broke and needs more cash in tuition. but this isnt a guarantee.

No news on duke
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
L2CD766:

Berkeley is looking to admit more OOS (International) students as the school is very broke and needs more cash in tuition. but this isnt a guarantee.

No news on duke

I was actually asking for MCF scholars not international paying student!
And abeg we would love to see links abeg sir!
Thanks a lot for the info!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by L2CD766: 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
chrisviral:

I was actually asking for MCF scholars not international paying student!
And abeg we would love to see links abeg sir!
Thanks a lot for the info!
so far you applied for fee waiver under the auspices of MCF you shouldnt worry much... admission is the hard nut to crack here.. once you get admitted MCF probability hovers around 80-90%....
I'm a covert op here so stop asking for links
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
L2CD766:

so far you applied for fee waiver under the auspices of MCF you shouldnt worry much... admission is the hard nut to crack here.. once you get admitted MCF probability hovers around 80-90%....
I'm a covert op here so stop asking for links

Okay
I do hope you put in few good words for me! grin
Thanks! wink
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by essayHelp(m): 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
chrisviral:

Okay
I do hope you put in few good words for me! grin
Thanks! wink

Seriously? You dey believe LCD? Covert op? The guy dey joke na. Him dey pull your strings.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by L2CD766: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
essayHelp:

Seriously? You dey believe LCD? Covert op? The guy dey joke na. Him dey pull your strings.
when I say covert op I mean I want to stay anonymous.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
essayHelp:

grin grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hybernation mode......
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
GabbyKelly:

Chris please do you know if university of Toronto considers transcript for their admission decision? ?

Algorithm I see u bro, long time (after how many months?) Hw is studies?
yes they do consider transcripts,but emphasis is laid on ssce,as a matter of fact minimum requirements for every program is available on their website,i only know for Engineering,but you can glean their website for detailed information.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
L2CD766:
grin I am def not a psychologist.... but seriouslt how does MCF expect a young'n to change Africa with just a BSc or MSc, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

L2CD766,i have read you posts carefully,and i would say i agree with you on your stance concerning the issue of MCF assuming that you should be able to contribute liberally and significantly after only a BSC,infact for certain courses it is almost impossible to contribute on attaining a BSC,u will at most be a teaching assistant somewhere,infact you expertise might only be a work in progress,for instance if you take Biomedical Engineering,you will most probably not be able to affect you society without a Phd,this course is a bridge between medicine and Engineering,and you can decifer what that means,i am sure you cannot offer this course in 4 years, but it will take 4 years to complete a degree,thus you will have offer post graduate courses in subfields to be well steeped and poised for significant contribution,but on the other hand,you need to understand that this is the onlyway you can tie down the brains,we have been experiencing an extremely detrimental brain drain here,so inorder to commit them to patriotism you will have to force them to swear allegiance,thats good,after and when you satisfy their terms,you can apply to pursue a post-graduate degree.but you have a problem yourself,you cannot always fill the hearts of people with pessimism even when conditions spell just that,there are so many human factors involved in decision,and all this factors are subject to transcendental powers,also ur big grammar no fit move me,i had to look up my lexicon for one of you words,it doesn't tell about ur level of intellectuality,infact i can do more that what you did with a dictionary of words and their synonyms by my side,just be simple and sage with your language,as you are almost becoming a nuisance.Also on the issue of toronto's quota of students,you cannot tell what will happen tomorrow,you can only try to judge tomorrow by the circumstances of today,this a prediction and it might never be true,their website indicates that they will be admitting 12-15 students via MCF through the year 2016 infact according to them the number will be increasing yearly.i rest my case
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
chrisviral:

Via Email!

i thought the toronto's decision will be out only on march 27th 2015
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
GabbyKelly:

Did ur referees complete their reference letter online before the deadline?
toronto's decision will be out on march 27th i beg don't be too nervous it is well,LCD is only trying to be mischievous.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
benji93:

i thought the toronto's decision will be out only on march 27th 2015

Sorry, that was when I believed LCD!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vickygirk(f): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
[quote
author=benji93 post=30211373]
yes they do consider transcripts,but emphasis is laid on ssce,as a
matter of fact minimum requirements for every program is available on
their website,i only know for Engineering,but you can glean their
website for detailed information.[/quote]

pls tell me wat is the minimum requirement for engineering in toronto... since u no
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
New admission decisions has been released by McGill.

I just got notified from someone that he was admitted just now!
He was also admitted to UBC as well.

Cc- adulasod
Vicmonzan
Einsthawkton
Emerald14 and all others yet to get a decision.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
chrisviral:

Cc- adulasod
Vicmonzan
Einsthawkton
thanks for the update bro...
Just checked my mailbox but no show sir...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2015
Abdulasod:

thanks for the update bro...
Just checked my mailbox but no show sir...

Check Minerva!
Mailbox notification comes like a day late!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
chrisviral:

Cc- adulasod
Vicmonzan
Einsthawkton

mine is still 'further review required'

OLUWA FAVOR ME

ALL IS WELL
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
Vickygirk:

pls tell me wat is the minimum requirement for engineering in toronto... since u no

WAEC

Candidates that are completing the West African Senior School Certificate Examination system are required to present:

Grades of at least B2 in Math, Chemistry and Physics in the West African Examination Certificate level (WAEC)
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
Vickygirk:

i think same B2 is the minimum requirement for your core subjects too,you need to have scored high grades in English,as that would be enough to replace an alternative English language Test,i hope this is not too much and much of a disincentive
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
@dammy319...
What's ur grade in maths and English?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by dammyg319(f): 6:54am On Jan 29, 2015
Abdulasod:
@dammy319...
What's ur grade in maths and English?
hmmm
maths: A1
english: B3
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2015
dammyg319:
hmmm
maths: A1
english: B3

You be kick ass lady ooo grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by benji93: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2015
chrisviral:

You be kick ass lady ooo grin cheesy

she try well o,she dey give some people hope,i no go lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.