Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,553 members, 7,958,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary (1910 Views)

Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2013
Mary allegedly appeared to three children at Fatima, north of Lisbon, Portugal, in 1917, identifying herself as "Our Lady of the Rosary" and giving the following promises to those who will faithfully recite the Rosary. The following information is from the Roman Catholic site:
http://www.fatima.org/promises.html

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces. [quote]

[quote]2. I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends
itself to Me by the recitation of
the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Amen and Amen. Haters helping us to envagelize smiley

more on Marian/Rosary evangelism

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers-

www.nairaland.com/1381559/most-blessed-virgin-mary-teachings

Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) -

www.nairaland.com/1408199/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-joyful

The following Books will help you boost your devotion to Mary. They are available @ all bookshops in any Catholic church worldwide

True Devotion to Mary..... St. Louis De Monfort

The secret of The Rosary..... St. Louis De Monfort

The Rosary in action...... John Johnson

The secret of Mary.....St. Louis De Monfort

Famous Rosary Miracles/Life holy Rosary testimonies from Nairaland bretherns

www.nairaland.com/1468705/famous-rosary-miracles-believers

I've done my part. When Acidosis is done with the 15th promises please IGNORE whatever he has to offer. Study the 15 promises and learn more from the books i prescribed and the threads in my post.

Here is a thread for all Catholics. Join us to learn more. www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2013
LOL!

Just wait
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis: LOL!

Just wait
Sure!. The promises are not yet complete. It remains 7. You can't just envagelize halfway smiley
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Rich4god(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2013
damerry: Sure!. The promises are not yet complete smiley
Our Lady Help of Christains...
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2013
9. I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of pre-destination.

These are some of the words we need on the front page.
But ofcourse, the sincere catholics won't post stuffs like these.

The most painful part is, some persons would come here to say Catholics do not worship MARY in a bid to win the hearts of the masses...

Hmm I refused to be f00led. The above promises came from the pit of hell. The Mary I know would never stand anywhere to make such s¡lly promises..

If Mary couldn't save herself, then how come 'she' promised to save 1Billion lost souls?
Who does that?

Why didn't the imaginary "Mary" nail herself on the cross of calvary or somewhere else?

So many questions with answers BOLDLY written in the WORD, but ofcourse, the Bible is the least of those books they believe/read. Isn't this evident in the named apologetics and purported literatures listed by Brother damerry... ?

For further references on Most Blessed Mary, Fatima, Rosary and the "son" JESUS CHRIST, please go through my previous threads, e.g;

The Rosary Consists of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary, 6 To Jesus, Holy Spirit & God

www.nairaland.com/1525118/rosary-consists-53-repetitious-prayers
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2013
If u're a catholic, i would love to inform you that Acidosis is a hardcore Anti-catholic. He delights in promoting Heresy. His post on the 15 promises of our Loving blessed mother should only be 4 you a reminder of impeccable promises of our most loving mother, And a call to concentrate more efforts on reciting our Rosary

Please, Apart from the orthodox 15 promises. Ignore his posts

+ join us to learn more. This is a thread for all catholics

www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2013
damerry: If u're a catholic, i would love to inform you that Acidosis is a hardcore Anti-catholic. He delights in promoting Heresy. His post on the 15 promises of our Loving blessed mother should only be reminder of impeccable promises.

Please, Apart from the orthodox 15 promises. Ignore his posts

Don't be scared brother... smiley

If you have anything against me.. Please open the only book I believe (BIBLE) and post your allegations... smiley

Do you believe in the 15 promises? if your answer is YES, then why are you scared?

I won't hurt brother, I am only here to liberate those who would be patient enough to read my signature before my posts..

Thank bro...
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:

Don't be scared brother... smiley

If you have anything against me.. Please open the only book I believe (BIBLE) and post your allegations... smiley
i Know u.. I wasn't born Yesterday. I can see it coming, your questions would be

where in the bible did our Lady make this promises?

Well. Here is the Goodnews.

In the Light of catholicism you have no opinion.

Did u say I'm scared? I ain't bro. I am a humble son of our most blessed Mother who have just done what it behoves me to do.

Decode my signature and understand what it means

Peace smiley
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Empredboy(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2013
@acidosis, thanks for d msg cos some catholics dnt know the value of the holy rosary. Anyway i am benefiting frm dat promise. So bro thanks again
damerry: i Know u.. I wasn't born Yesterday. I can see it coming, your questions would be

Did u say I'm scared? I ain't bro. I am a humble son of our most blessed Mother who have just done what it behoves me to do.

Peace smiley
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Empredboy: @acidosis, thanks for d msg cos some catholics dnt know the value of the holy rosary. Anyway i am benefiting frm dat promise. So bro thanks again

Sure ..

Even Satan promised Jesus the whole EARTH during his trials smiley
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:

Sure ..

Even Satan promised Jesus the whole EARTH during his trials smiley

only difference is SATAN actually owns the world, forget the bullshit you get from Christians.. that is why an anointed Christian always falls prey to Evil inspite of the promise of Sufficient Grace
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2013
voltron:

only difference is SATAN actually owns the world, forget the bullshit you get from Christians.. that is why an anointed Christian always falls prey to Evil inspite of the promise of Sufficient Grace

Yea... thats true.

But Mary do not own Heaven/Eternity..

So which of the Marys made 15 promises about grace, eternity, salvation, etc ?

I am confused.

You know there are are several Marys? Infact we have about 3-4 Mary in the Bible...
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2013
damerry: i Know u.. I wasn't born Yesterday. I can see it coming, your questions would be

Peace smiley

Oh.. Thanks, bro..

Now you're one of the few deeply rooted Catholics I've met..

Now do you agree Catholicism is an entirely different religion from message of Jesus Christ and the Apostles?
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Freddestiny(f): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Rich4god: Our Lady Help of Christains...
pray for us who have recourse to thee proudly catholic
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:

Oh.. Thanks, bro..

Now you're one of the few deeply rooted Catholics I've met..

Now do you agree Catholicism is an entirely different religion from message of Jesus Christ and the Apostles?

NO. I DON'T Agree.

Catholicism teaches the TRUE message of Jesus and the Apostles.

We can boast of/prove apostolic succession. What the apostles received from Jesus Christ himself, they passed unto the next generation and appointed bishops as their successors and gave them "their own position of Teaching authority" the unbreakable line of succession continues to this day till the end of time.
Through this tradition, "the church, in her doctrine, life and worship, perpetuates and transmits to every generation all that she herself is, all that she believes"
The sayings of the holy Fathers are a witness to the life giving presence of this tradition, showing how riches are poured out in the practise and life of the church, in her belief and her prayer.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Freddestiny(f): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Acidosis seriously you make me laugh grin. I have seen soooo many thread you have tried to talk against the QUEEN OF ALL HEART please dont waste your time because the more u talk against her, the more you help us in envangelisation and the truth is dat u dont even kw dat u re doing it. And as i am talking to u now more people are coming to the catholic church cos they want to abt this woman that the catholic church talk abt. So wen u start preaching negativity people see the positivity so kudos to u for reminding us why we say the rosary and the promises attach THANKS
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Rich4god: Our Lady Help of Christains...
Pray for us who have recourse to thee and most especially for our protestant bretherns. That they may not see Devotion to you as harming christain unity but promoting it. Amen
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by SalC: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary!
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: @Acidosis seriously you make me laugh grin. I have seen soooo many thread you have tried to talk against the QUEEN OF ALL HEART please dont waste your time because the more u talk against her, the more you help us in envangelisation and the truth is dat u dont even kw dat u re doing it. And as i am talking to u now more people are coming to the catholic church cos they want to abt this woman that the catholic church talk abt. So wen u start preaching negativity people see the positivity so kudos to u for reminding us why we say the rosary and the promises attach THANKS

I understand my motives, ma'am.. smiley

I am only opening the eyes of Christians who do not know much about the deep rooted doctrines of catholicism.. smiley

Most pentecostals/and even catholics always assume we have the same doctrine.. because we all mention the name God.

Any born again christian who read the 15 points listed above would understand my points.. smiley

So its not about you; its about "us".
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
damerry:

NO. I DON'T Agree.

Catholicism teaches the TRUE message of Jesus and the Apostles.
That, I will never agree, but ofcourse, you are free to claim anything.

If Catholicism lay much emphasis on Mary to the extent of rendering 53 prayers to her and 6 to God.. AND the Apostles you claim to follow never mentioned her name according to the Bible, THEN something is wrong somewhere...

We do not accept the same teaching..

My own "glory is to God" (and the trinity)

and my "Honour is to Everyone" including my father and my mother.. the same honour is also applicable to you my brother.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Freddestiny(f): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Acidosis like seriously u mean dat we say 53 prayers to MARY and jst 6 to GOD. At the mention of JESUS evry kneel shall bow and all must confess dat JESUS is LORD. Let me explain to u; 53 Hail Mary and 6 Our Father - Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you Blessed are u amongs women and blesSed is the fruit of ur womb JESUS(all bow)_ Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now at d hour of our death. Did u notice the name JESUS 53 + 6 Our Father dat is 59 times. Please I advice u come to the catholic and see for ursef not wat u read on internet or books.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:
That, I will never agree, but ofcourse, you are free to claim anything.

If Catholicism lay much emphasis on Mary to the extent of rendering 53 prayers to her and 6 to God.. AND the Apostles you claim to follow never mentioned her name according to the Bible, THEN something is wrong somewhere...

We do not accept the same teaching..

My own "glory is to God" (and the trinity)

and my "Honour is to Everyone" including my father and my mother.. the same honour is also applicable to you my brother.
Has anyone noticed that Acidosis refused to quote my post on Apostolic succession which proves beyond all doubts that catholicism teaches the true message of Christ and the apostles? Well here it is...

damerry:

We can boast of/prove apostolic succession. What the apostles received from Jesus Christ himself, they passed unto the next generation and appointed bishops as their successors and gave them "their own position of Teaching authority" the unbreakable line of succession continues to this day till the end of time.
Through this tradition, "the church, in her doctrine, life and worship, perpetuates and transmits to every generation all that she herself is, all that she believes"
The sayings of the holy Fathers are a witness to the life giving presence of this tradition, showing how riches are poured out in the practise and life of the church, in her belief and her prayer.

Acidosis asked a question, i gave an obvious flawless answer, instead of dealing directly with Apostolic succession he decides to ignore quietly and digress to his never-ending rants on catholicism, on of which he said;

Acidosis:

the Apostles you claim to follow never mentioned her name according to the Bible, THEN something is wrong somewhere...

And where in the bible did they condemn devotions to our blessed mother
Bible citation needed.

How funny. grin
protestant refer to the bible in this format when they are clueless

where was it written in the bible....
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
^ ^ don't tell me you're ignorant of the fact that God condemned praying in other names other than Jesus christ, carving images and praying to the dead?

Besides, I didn't ignore your post for the reasons you cited above.. I did because I find it difficult to relate it with the discussion.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis: ^ ^ don't tell me you're ignorant of the fact that God condemned praying in other names other than Jesus christ,

Here we go again, how many times do we have to tell u that Asking Mary and the saints to pray for us does not negates Christ role as the sole mediator just as asking your pastor to pray for you does not also negates Christ role as the sole mediator?

carving images and praying to the dead?
Images and its likes makes us understand better the mysteries and virtues of who it venerates. It gives our devotion substance and helps to mortify our senses. You would agree with me that a large cross with the crucified Christ on it explains more to it's viewer than reading the bible, if an illiterate who does not know how to read the bible enters a catholic church, images like that of the crucified Christ and the stations of the cross helps him to meditate on the mysteries of his salvation and have a better knowledge of them.

The Israelites of old where credulous and often fell into sin by making images of gods which made them stray away from the path of God's light.

But the images we venerate draws one closer to God, it makes you appreciate God in the life of his saints (if the image venerates a saint) and encourage you to keep striving for perfection as the saint who was human like us did.

some protestant churches now venerate the image of the sacred heart of Jesus. ( i don't know if they have a devotion to his sacred heart) Very soon, they might possibly place that of the immaculate heart of Mary beside His to fulfil all righteousness.

Concerning praying to the dead;

They may be literally dead to this world but Death itself does not separate Christians.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Yea... thats true.

But Mary do not own Heaven/Eternity..

So which of the Marys made 15 promises about grace, eternity, salvation, etc ?

I am confused.

You know there are are several Marys? Infact we have about 3-4 Mary in the Bible...
What those confused children saw was baba nla familiar spirit. Did you notice that nowhere did the so-called spirit of Mary mention Jesus? Instead pour your whole heart into rosary recitation. She didn't tell them to read the bible or be devout in prayer through Jesus, instead she kept on saying Me Me Me. I will give you this, I will give you that. Pray to me, not pray to God. The spirit was taking all the glory.

Mama nla familiar spirit aka demon from the pit of hell.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 8:59am On Dec 18, 2013
MoltenMagma:
What those confused children saw was baba nla familiar spirit. Did you notice that nowhere did the so-called spirit of Mary mention Jesus? Instead pour your whole heart into rosary recitation. She didn't tell them to read the bible or be devout in prayer through Jesus, instead she kept on saying Me Me Me. I will give you this, I will give you that. Pray to me, not pray to God. The spirit was taking all the glory.

Mama nla familiar spirit aka demon from the pit of hell.

This is the point Mr damerry and his co horts failed to understand..

The Mary I know will never stand anywhere to make such promises...

Even Angels and the spirit filled Apostles won't say such...

How can Mary give me what ONLY God can give? who gave her the power to command forgiveness and eternity? Even the Mighty angels and the 24 Elders are under subjection and authority....

I, Acidosis, today denouce this kind of MARY in the name of JESUS!
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2013
damerry:
Here we go again, how many times do we have to tell u that Asking Mary and the saints to pray for us does not negates Christ role as the sole mediator just as asking your pastor to pray for you does not also negates Christ role as the sole mediator?

Images and its likes makes us understand better the mysteries and virtues of who it venerates. It gives our devotion substance and helps to mortify our senses. You would agree with me that a large cross with the crucified Christ on it explains more to it's viewer than reading the bible, if an illiterate who does not know how to read the bible enters a catholic church, images like that of the crucified Christ and the stations of the cross helps him to meditate on the mysteries of his salvation and have a better knowledge of them.

The Israelites of old where credulous and often fell into sin by making images of gods which made them stray away from the path of God's light.

But the images we venerate draws one closer to God, it makes you appreciate God in the life of his saints (if the image venerates a saint) and encourage you to keep striving for perfection as the saint who was human like us did.

some protestant churches now venerate the image of the sacred heart of Jesus. ( i don't know if they have a devotion to his sacred heart) Very soon, they might possibly place that of the immaculate heart of Mary beside His to fulfil all righteousness.

Concerning praying to the dead;

They may be literally dead to this world but Death itself does not separate Christians.

so many vain basis without any bible references...

I do not need this.
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Acidosis:

This is the point Mr damerry and his co horts failed to understand..

The Mary I know will never stand anywhere to make such promises...

Even Angels and the spirit filled Apostles won't say such...

How can Mary give me what ONLY God can give? who gave her the power to command forgiveness and eternity? Even the Mighty angels and the 24 Elders are under subjection and authority....

I, Acidosis, today denouce this kind of MARY in the name of JESUS!
I denounce the Fatima Mary too, in the name of Jesus
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Acidosis:

so many vain basis without any bible references...

I do not need this.
He goes clueless again grin

isn't it obvious that we owe no apology to the gratuitous mud-slinging from people like you?
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by damerry(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Even the Protestant Reformers, such as Martin Luther venerated Mary. Rather, it has only been within the last few hundred years, that people have become afraid to honour Mary.

@ Acidosis here is a question

How can Christians have been so wrong, for well over a thousand years and onward in venerating Mary
Re: 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
I am confused on who de gist una all dis
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? / Watch Out! Three Events That Must Occur Before The Antichrist Appears On Earth. / Church Of The Day: The Fountain Of Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.