Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (10378 Views)

Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by tobechi74: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
I have noticed that ptotestant now use rosary. some of them hang it round their neck .others keep it in their pocket or handbag. One actually gave me her own rosary to give my priest to bless it for her. of course, I refused

i met a guyonline and he told me He prays the rosary but quickly added NOT LIKE CATHOLICS . he said he replaces the MARY MARY PART with Jesus. why is this so?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Maybe they are counting the number of blood of Jesus and kill them by fire they say in a day, i don't know just saying. Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by pastormustwacc: 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Protestant is a very big word.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by tobechi74: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
pastormustwacc: Protestant is a very big word.

wat smaler word should i use? Plz
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by advocate666: 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Why do mad men run around naked?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 18, 2012
Like I usually say, the second name of most christians is ''just in case''. So just in case catholism is the right doctrice, let them eat ur left overs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2012
Are you sure of this? Haven't seen it though.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by ITbomb(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2012
And why shouldn't Protestants use the Rosary ?
Since the lay claim as the first church, nothing is their exclusive preserved.
Just as we decided to use some books of THEIR bible and dumped others.
We can as well use any of their prayer instruments without any written application.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Leadn(m): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2012
Hmm,,, I don't know o...

They're hypocrites though...
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by packman: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2012
Its their and just becareful what you say every individual has his choice
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Teeboi2020(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2012
They all knw dat d catholic is d first and best church bt they wn't agree grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2012
How does this cure my sister of her garricoliliosis?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by slimyem: 10:53am On Nov 18, 2012
Why the generalization?
Because you know one or two protestants who do that means "protestants" now do it?
Besides,haven't you noticed that the rosary is a new fashion craze amongst some youths lately?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by greaterlove(m): 10:54am On Nov 18, 2012
op please what are the benefits or what makes prayin with the rosary special that "protestants" are clamouring to use it?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2012
Minion: Your gruesomeness, these puny mortals are at it again with their prayer stuff.
Hades: Really? Has it cured Zeus of his garricosiliosis?
Minion: N...not really, your malevolence! Dude's still mad as a donkey shite with rabies!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Teeboi2020(m): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2012
[quote author=Leadn]Hmm,,, I don't know o...

They're hypocrites though...[/yes jor my broda u re rit]
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by chymystique(f): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2012
Lolllllzz........... D Rosary D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Carry is not for Prayers..... Ets Fashion...... I ve friends Dat ve ets..... Fanciful ones though....... Hehe
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by noskyboy(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2012
the truth is people dont pray the rosary any more, (catholics inckusive) they use it instead as a piece of fasion. Look at music videos you would know whats up. It has now gotten to the point where rosary is being sold in butiques. If i may add, not only non catholics use the rosary, even muslims do. !ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Reptyle(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2012
Even muslims now hang rosaries around their neck so wnat's the biggie?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by swaggie(m): 11:09am On Nov 18, 2012
dat's the right word to use...check ur dictionary.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by greaterlove(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2012
i am still trying to understand the op. is there a patent on the rosary?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 18, 2012
Sure this is roman catholic thread. carry on with your chaplet......i see the resemblance with islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by swaggie(m): 11:21am On Nov 18, 2012
tobechi74:

wat smaler word should i use? Plz
u're correct joor...don't listen to him/her
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by menix(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2012
@0.P.... Am very sure all dis happen while u wer asleep. Stop dullin no protestant wuld pray wiv dat fashion outfit called rosary..
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by candieangel12(f): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2012
I used to have a rosary. Its only use was as a necklace, never remembered it was for praying.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by menix(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2012
Did u not see dem praying wiv it @ national Mosque abuja.. Even d blind now seez torn under wear...Mtcheeeww
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by aweleokolo: 11:37am On Nov 18, 2012
The Rosary today is more or less a fashion accessory thanks to the Hip-hop and latino media.

The other day I saw a Mallam hawking rosaries along with other beads and necklaces. sad

As a catholic, the Holy Rosary is a symbol or our relationship and respect for the Mother of our God. I haven't seen any none catholics pray with it but I see many wearing it today.

Few non-Catholic churches even recognise Mary or believe she deserves any significant mentioning. I can't imagine what they say on those beads or why they use them in their prayers. lipsrsealed

I guess its okay to copy what the first Church does, even if you aren't sure of its meaning. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Techwriter: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Its just like asking why many christians visit a native doctor? People do anything to get a miracle. Haven't you seen cases where people agree to sleep with someone they believe to be a man of God to conceive.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Olaone1: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2012
Because they think it smells like ROSE grin

undecided
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by calculusx(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2012
ITbomb: And why shouldn't Protestants use the Rosary ?
Since the lay claim as the first church, nothing is their exclusive preserved.
Just as we decided to use some books of THEIR bible and dumped others.
We can as well use any of their prayer instruments without any written application.

I'm not surprised because protestants now read deuterocanonical books which they had condemned long ago.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Olaone1: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2012

u took it right out of my mouth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

⭐⭐ These Powerful Quotes will change your life / 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.