Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God (3435 Views)

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Written by Mike Gendron on 15 July 2013.

Did you know that Mary is never mentioned in the Bible after the first chapter of Acts and there is no scriptural support for many of the Catholic doctrines that exalt Mary? Yet Mary is honored, venerated and prayed to by Catholics throughout the world.

Throughout the Bible we see that God fearing men pray only to God. Yet
Catholics are encouraged to pray to Mary and the saints. Medieval piety for Mary caused the development of the rosary which consists of 53 repetitious prayers to Mary, six prayers to God, the Father, and six prayers to the Trinity (CCC, para. 2678).

Even when God clearly states:
"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God, am a jealous God ( Exodus 20:4–5).

Now the Question is:
When did Catholics begin worshipping or venerating Mary?
Centuries before Christ, the pagan world worshipped a mother goddess with a baby god in her arms. The Egyptian Madonna, Isis, carrying her little sun god, Horus, became so popular that this mother-goddess duo supplanted the worship of the father god. Once Mary was proclaimed "Queen of Heaven", the statues of Isis were carried from vacant pagan temples and installed as Christian Madonnas in the churches of Rome.

The Catholic Church teaches that Mary was a virgin before, during, and after the birth of Christ (CCC, para. 496-511). Yet there are many biblical passages to the contrary, such as Matthew 12:47 , 13:55–56 , John 7:5 , Acts 1:14 , 1 Corinthians 9:5 , and Galatians 1:19 .

Catholics also argue the references to brothers of Jesus should be interpreted as relatives.

This is third revelation I'm posting here for all those who are ready to listen & repent.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
Part of our mission to save 1million innocent catholics in Nigeria.
(most especially the aged and elderly ones who fell ignorantly)
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Mintayo(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Following.
'holy mary' mother of God pray for us",when Jesus said,"in my Name".
Jesus is our ONLY intercessor and advocate not a 'powerless' and 'fleshy' Mary.

2 Likes

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Mintayo: Following.
'holy mary' mother of God pray for us",when Jesus said,"in my Name".
Jesus is our ONLY intercessor and advocate not a 'powerless' and 'fleshy' Mary.
So Jesus is powerful but the mother who beget Jesus is powerless and fleshy !!!

And U would be happy that U have posted sensibly .... Just because some peeps are being myopic in worshipping Mary shouldn't call for U lambasting her as fleshy !!! .....

God wouldn't have chosen her if she is not Unique !!!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Olugbenger(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
*following closely. Kudos Acidiosis!

1 Like

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Olugbenger(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
donroxy: So Jesus is powerful but the mother who beget Jesus is powerless and fleshy !!!

And U would be happy that U have posted sensibly .... Just because some peeps are being myopic in worshipping Mary shouldn't call for U lambasting her as fleshy !!! .....

My brother, pls what are you saying exactly?

Do we need to make comparisons between Jesus and mary?
Be guided. God bless.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Olugbenger:
My brother, pls what are you saying exactly?

Do we need to make comparisons between Jesus and mary?
Be guided. God bless.
Did U see any comparison in what U read !!

U woulda been better to stop at my ''my brother what are you saying exactly''

I said, the quoted moniker shouldn't have lambasted mary for being ''powerless and fleshy'' simply because some denomination are worshipping her !!!

Did Mary asked them to worship her, so why da Insult ?

How could God use Mary to cause Jesus into the world and U people tagged her Powerless and fleshy ..... If she is not Special and Unique, why would that Miracle happened to her of all woman in the world ?

Hope u get me now !!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Olugbenger(m): 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
donroxy: Did U see any comparison in what U read !!

I said, the quoted moniker shouldn't have lambasted mary for being ''powerless and fleshy'' simply because some denomination are worshipping her !!!

How could God use Mary to cause Jesus into the world and U people tagged her Powerless and fleshy ..... If she is not Special and Unique, why would that Miracle happened to her of all woman in the world ?

Hope u get me now !!
Yes, i understand what you mean now.
It's obvious you are one of them.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis: Part of our mission to save 1million innocent catholics in Nigeria.

1 million Catholics in Nigeria,I want to believe you are joking.We have over 25 million Catholics in Nigeria.Even the total no of catholics in imo and anambra will exceed 5million

1 Like

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Boomark(m): 6:37am On Nov 21, 2013

Hope u get me now !!

Since she was the one that carried him with all his powers, so she should be more powerful abi? Did the miracle happen because of Mary's power or by the power of God?

Of all the women in the world, tell us the number abi quantity of women that should have given birth to Christ at Once? As in, how many mothers should give birth to one person?

At times i wonders if these people get sense at all. SMH!!!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Boomark(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2013
What they do is like, a subject coming before a king who makes name for himself and wants to be praised and spend hours praising king's attendant in the kings
presence cos he feels the
attendant is helping him get
somethings from the king while
he devote few minutes to praise the
king. Will the king be happy with the subject?

That is how they give God's glory to Mary in His presence while praying.

2 Likes

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by woky: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2013
O sanctissima, o piissima, dulcis virgo maria.
Mater amata, intemetrate, ora, ora pro nobis

Tota palchra es, o maria et macula non est in te.
Mater amata, intemerate, ora ora pro nobis

hahahahahahah.. Una no go understand!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 7:38am On Nov 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

1 million Catholics in Nigeria,I want to believe you are joking.We have over 25 million Catholics in Nigeria.Even the total no of catholics in imo and anambra will exceed 5million

Ofcourse, I know...

The 1st phase is to save 1million out of....
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On Nov 21, 2013
Boomark: What they do is like, a subject coming before a king who makes name for himself and wants to be praised and spend hours praising king's attendant in the kings
presence cos he feels the
attendant is helping him get
somethings from the king while
he devote few minutes to praise the
king. Will the king be happy with the subject?

That is how they give God's glory to Mary in His presence while praying.

very concised explanation!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Ofcourse, I know...

The 1st phase is to save 1million out of....

When you 'save' just 1 person on nairaland then I will start takin you serious.Mind you itr must not be a new moniker and must have been known on this site to have been a Catholic.Your colleague Frosbel tried just like you and could not even convert ecen 1 catholic in over three years,a feat even atheists could muster.

I hope you fare better
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

When you 'save' just 1 person on nairaland then I will start takin you serious.Mind you itr must not be a new moniker and must have been known on this site to have been a Catholic.Your colleague Frosbel tried just like you and could not even convert ecen 1 catholic in over three years,a feat even atheists could muster.

I hope you fare better

It is not by power or might... but by the spirit says the Lord.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Mintayo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
donroxy: So Jesus is powerful but the mother who beget Jesus is powerless and fleshy !!!

I am not changing my words,nothing big deal abt mary,she just found favour with God and its end there,period. She is not supposed to be honoured,worshipped or idolized; i am sure she will be sad wherever she is now seeing millions in their ignorance idolizing and and placing her in place of honour above Jesus.
Nothing unique in her...Jesus shuold be honoured,worshiped and glorified not some 'fleshy-dead' and powerless mary.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mintayo:
I am not changing my words,nothing big deal abt mary,she just found favour with God and its end there,period. She is not supposed to be honoured,worshipped or idolized; i am sure she will be sad wherever she is now seeing millions in their ignorance idolizing and and placing her in place of honour above Jesus.
Nothing unique in her...Jesus shuold be honoured,worshiped and glorified not some 'fleshy-dead' and powerless mary.
ahahaha, No wonder Atheists use to call you people slowMind !!!

Na u sabi joor grin
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by TheClown: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
Yea Catholics worship Mary and so what? How is what catholics worship your bussiness? Don't you worship Jesus whom you call son of God?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2013

Their mission is to save catholics?

Acidosis:

Now

When I say you're a re.tardo, a mentally sluggish slow-pok£ of the highest order,

The mods will then BAN me, right?

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account" Matt 12:36
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2013

Their mission is to Save Catholics?

Acidosis:

Okay I'm waiting for the next ed.iot so I can unleash my words..

"Ye shall know them by their fruits" Matt 7:16
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2013

Their mission is to save Catholics?

Acidosis:

I used to think you're mentally okay...

If your Father is one of those men called ASUU...
Better tell him to carry his badluck away from Kogi state.

If any of your father's crew wants to die, they should kindly make use of the road that leads to your slave trade village..

Oh I forgot, you have no origin...

Ask your grandfather about your origin..

Deranged product of slave trade..

"It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that makes him unclean and defiled, but what comes out of the mouth; this makes a man unclean and defiles [him]" Matt 15:11
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
Boomark:
Since she was the one that carried him with all his powers, so she should be more powerful abi? Did the miracle happen because of Mary's power or by the power of God?

Of all the women in the world, tell us the number abi quantity of women that should have given birth to Christ at Once? As in, how many mothers should give birth to one person?

At times i wonders if these people get sense at all. SMH!!!
If God caused you to do what has rarely been done before then you are Unique and Special ...... If God chosed U above all your mates ...... Then there is some Uniqueness in You But when some people now started worshipping you for it when U never asked them to do so and You are not even in a position to stopped them then you shouldn't be Blasphemed because of their wrongs rather they should be told they are wrong !!!

For God's sake,it is not written, any where, that Mary asks anybody to call her mother of God, be worshipped, erected as statute and be bowed to nor developed Rosary for her name to be chanted ......
All these happen outa poor Judgement of some people !!!

Just same way Some denominations started calling Jesus God simply because Jesus perfomed some Miracle that was rarely done before despite Jesus himself Referred God, worshipped God even Called God to safe him from Torment on the cross !!

Why should I now tonguelashed Jesus simply cuz some people are being Myopia in calling him God, I would rather go @ those doing so !!

Logically, why should God called on God to be freed from the cross when we all have one God...... Trinity Fallacy was brought and Bought like DaFuq 3-in-1 God ahahaha grin

The above may not sound crazy to you if thatz what your brain has been re-programmed to believe same way Holy Mary,Mother of God,pray for us while bowing down to the statute of mary doesn't seem crazy to the RCC !!!

But senseless boo would only see Face Value instead of Substance therefore, your foolishness is not Surprising,BooMark !!!

Boo, ahahaha, Ode Boorookoo, ahaha grin

1 Like

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2013

Hope u get me now !!

Hold your breath, I really doubt if he'll get you. In the face of bias, reality is unknown and truth is never visible. You do not need to approve of my beliefs,but respect it...however, how does one deal with hypocrisy?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
Syncan: how does one deal with hypocrisy?
U throw it @ hypocrites and stash in shi.t in their mouth !!!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Lilimax(f): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
It may not be very easy to salvage the adults Catholics especially those that uphold
The Four Marian Dogmas of the Catholic Church undecided. although nothing is impossible...

Catch them young approach will be more like it undecided.

Afterall, I once believed in these four Marian Dogmas of the
Catholic church but my perception changed during my university days smiley.

Here I am today by God's grace.... smiley
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lilimax:
It may not be very easy to salvage the adults Catholics especially those that uphold
The Four Marian Dogmas of the Catholic Church undecided. although nothing is impossible...

Ah some people need salvaging eh? Yesterday you believed..., today you don't believe..., tomorrow is pregnant they say.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Syncan:

Their mission is to save Catholics?

"It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that makes him unclean and defiled, but what comes out of the mouth; this makes a man unclean and defiles [him]" Matt 15:11

Mr Syncan, so you had to dig my posts from the past to question my present stand on the mother goddess of the sun and the diverse cultists you worship?
(well, just so you know, I'm not a perfect being. I know you're surprised to see a NEW me TODAY.. Its not your fault really, I blame it on "Purgatory" cheesy

Like I said, our mission is to spread the truth to 1million concerned persons via the true words (not our own words).
For the record, I'm only exposing the deceit in, via, through, and by your OWN indoctrinated doctrines.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lilimax:

You are a living Testimony, ma..
God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Mintayo(m): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Mr Syncan, so you had to dig my posts from the past to question my present stand on the mother goddess of the sun and the diverse cultists you worship?

Like I said, my mission is to spread the truth to 1million concerned persons via the true words (not MY words).

do you also know that they call 'mary', the "queen of heaven"?
I wonder why this people can't just sit back with the scriptures.
Sometimes i wonder who the 'queen of Heaven' is!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mintayo:
do you also know that they call 'mary', the "queen of heaven"?
I wonder why this people can't just sit back with the scriptures.
Sometimes i wonder who the 'queen of Heaven' is!

The so called queen and the image was formerly an idol for pagans..

A Queen of Heaven is synonymous to the queen of the coast.

There are different kinds of heaven afterall..
But the Heaven I'm striving to make has no queen!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Lilimax(f): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
Syncan:

Ah some people need salvaging eh? Yesterday you believed..., today you don't believe..., tomorrow is pregnant they say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Favourite Gospel Messages And Books / The Secret Behind Healing Miracles- The Name Of Jesus! / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.